Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Bunney and the subs 17:03 - Apr 6 with 11385 viewsoddjob007

Not knocking his work rate or commitment, but frankly he’s not good enough. All their attacks came down our left side, it was a matter of time before they scored, and they did from that side.

Subs were a little baffling.., why take Hendo off? Dooley is like a headless chicken.

However, we looked good and matched them, could have even nicked it. Left side is an issue.
Joe Bunney and the subs on 00:17 - Apr 7 with 2550 viewsdawlishdale

A game I came into expecting nothing from, but left feeling we'd dropped a point. Sadly, a combination of quality from Sunderland together with a few basic tactical errors from us settled it on the day.
Poor tactics from BBM in time wasting in the first half, followed by very strange subsitutions which ultimately cost us a point. Done had been poor, but was not played in a sensible position. Bunney should have been given more protection as it was obvious that they were attacking down that side, but he was left exposed time and time again, ultimately costing us their winner. Williams and Inman are not good enough to play L1 football, and should not play at the same time.

A game that we could have gained a good point from has now gone, and Accy becomes a must win match rather than a must not lose game.
Joe Bunney and the subs on 09:35 - Apr 7 with 2335 viewsJimmyRustler

It's difficult to attribute blame to Bunney sometimes and easy to forget that he's still a striker playing LB. For that reason alone though, he simply cannot cope 1 v 1 against a player who has a bit about them. I wouldn't mind seeing him further upfield now and again but I do think we need an out and out LB in the Summer. On the other flank, McLaughin looks like a brilliant signing and has made such a difference to our right side
[Post edited 7 Apr 2019 9:35]
Joe Bunney and the subs on 09:37 - Apr 7 with 2325 viewsJimmyRustler

Just to add, Camps getting man of the match felt like a very late April Fool's joke. The beer must be strong in that box
Joe Bunney and the subs on 10:18 - Apr 7 with 2264 viewselectricblue

Looking at the sky highlights the overall defending for both of Sunderlands goals looked really poor..
The defence was slow in reacting.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Joe Bunney and the subs on 10:29 - Apr 7 with 2243 viewslurker

My take..... Sunderland were just very good! We did well to match them for as long as we did and a shame we couldn't hang on but hey ho, we could've been dicked by them like Accy were!

Bunney is getting hammered here but it was very apparent that Sunderland's best players were on their right hand side all game. Gooch was fantastic until his injury only to be replaced by Honeyman who was also very good. Both were backed up by O'Nien who played more as a winger than a right back hence us being doubled up on constantly down that side. Kgosi couldn't come out to back up Joe much due to Wyke being a right pain in the arse all game. It was a case of pick your poison!

Also, Camps played well I thought but not MOM for sure. How Jim or Ollie didn't get it was beyond me.

We have enough about us now to stay up and I hope to see the same starting 11 for Accy. In fact, BBM doesn't seem to fook about with the starting line up much and I think we're seeing the benefits of that now!
Joe Bunney and the subs on 10:42 - Apr 7 with 2201 viewsboromat

I think BBMs tactics worked to be honest. Slowing the game down and preventing them from playing early on frustrated them and gave us the time to concentrate on being solid defensively.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Joe Bunney and the subs on 10:47 - Apr 7 with 2189 views442Dale

Joe Bunney and the subs on 10:42 - Apr 7 by boromat

I think BBMs tactics worked to be honest. Slowing the game down and preventing them from playing early on frustrated them and gave us the time to concentrate on being solid defensively.

It’s a fair point. And one which we’d do well to remember when stood inside a glass house with a stone when we play Peterborough next.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Joe Bunney and the subs on 11:10 - Apr 7 with 2134 viewsAndy_TOPO

I thought Joe did well considering the lack of help at times. What I don't understand is why Hamilton seems to be on the fringes, he is a very good player, has proved he can score as well. I would play him further forward, sat just behind Hendo and Alby. Put Rathbone and Camps as a central midfield and stick with the 3 and the wing backs.
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Bunney and the subs on 11:54 - Apr 7 with 2066 viewsfrenzied

Having seen Accys highlights from Sat its the diving in the box we are gonna have to watch for from their forwards ..they eventually got a pen..missed..but had 2 players booked for diving
Joe Bunney and the subs on 13:15 - Apr 7 with 1988 viewsShun

Joe Bunney and the subs on 11:10 - Apr 7 by Andy_TOPO

I thought Joe did well considering the lack of help at times. What I don't understand is why Hamilton seems to be on the fringes, he is a very good player, has proved he can score as well. I would play him further forward, sat just behind Hendo and Alby. Put Rathbone and Camps as a central midfield and stick with the 3 and the wing backs.

Has Hamilton player under BBM yet? He was regularly and he was my player of the month for February, but since Hill’s departure he seems to have fallen out of favour, which is a shame. BBM only plays with 2 midfielders but I certainly think Hamilton deserves to be one of them.
Joe Bunney and the subs on 13:42 - Apr 7 with 1955 views1949er

Joe Bunney and the subs on 23:36 - Apr 6 by rochdale_ranger

JUst watched the goals back. Lillis is sub standard.

Agree Lillis is sub- standard. Might we have got something with Lonergan in goal?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Joe Bunney and the subs on 13:48 - Apr 7 with 1935 viewsTVOS1907

Joe Bunney and the subs on 13:15 - Apr 7 by Shun

Has Hamilton player under BBM yet? He was regularly and he was my player of the month for February, but since Hill’s departure he seems to have fallen out of favour, which is a shame. BBM only plays with 2 midfielders but I certainly think Hamilton deserves to be one of them.

He was suspended v Shrewsbury, played against Oxford and has been on the bench since.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Joe Bunney and the subs on 13:58 - Apr 7 with 1911 viewsboromat

Joe Bunney and the subs on 10:47 - Apr 7 by 442Dale

It’s a fair point. And one which we’d do well to remember when stood inside a glass house with a stone when we play Peterborough next.

Completely agree. It's not a tactic that anyone likes to see but when it gets to the business end of the season you have to do what you have to in order to give you the best opportunity to get something out of the game.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Joe Bunney and the subs on 18:17 - Apr 7 with 1743 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Joe Bunney and the subs on 13:42 - Apr 7 by 1949er

Agree Lillis is sub- standard. Might we have got something with Lonergan in goal?

Agree......both goals were "placed" rather than powered and Josh had his left side covered for the first but the ball trickled past....that said he did pull off a couple of other decent saves.
Joe Bunney and the subs on 18:22 - Apr 7 with 1733 viewsrochdale_ranger

Joe Bunney and the subs on 18:17 - Apr 7 by Yorkshire_Dale

Agree......both goals were "placed" rather than powered and Josh had his left side covered for the first but the ball trickled past....that said he did pull off a couple of other decent saves.

He’s shite.
Joe Bunney and the subs on 18:27 - Apr 7 with 1719 viewsShun

Joe Bunney and the subs on 13:48 - Apr 7 by TVOS1907

He was suspended v Shrewsbury, played against Oxford and has been on the bench since.

1 appearance in 5 BBM games then. It’s not much after he was playing (and playing very well) so regularly just before that.
Joe Bunney and the subs on 19:00 - Apr 7 with 1666 viewstony_roch975

Joe Bunney and the subs on 18:27 - Apr 7 by Shun

1 appearance in 5 BBM games then. It’s not much after he was playing (and playing very well) so regularly just before that.

It's a question of balance - Hamilton has been effective as an attacking midfielder; the alternative to Done (not Camps /Rathbone). Played alongside Camps (as Hill did) he's more of a liability.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Joe Bunney and the subs on 19:10 - Apr 7 with 1653 viewstony_roch975

Joe Bunney and the subs on 10:18 - Apr 7 by electricblue

Looking at the sky highlights the overall defending for both of Sunderlands goals looked really poor..
The defence was slow in reacting.....

For their first our 3rd midfielder (as per 442Dale) is missing (again); the back 5 & Camps/Rathbone are too deep and McNulty is easily turned - long before Lillis can be 'blamed'. For the 2nd, Rathbone loses their runner / scorer. As ever, the problem starts well in front of the keeper.

Joe Bunney and the subs on 20:03 - Apr 7 with 1591 viewsShun

Joe Bunney and the subs on 19:00 - Apr 7 by tony_roch975

It's a question of balance - Hamilton has been effective as an attacking midfielder; the alternative to Done (not Camps /Rathbone). Played alongside Camps (as Hill did) he's more of a liability.

I wouldn’t say Hamilton’s comparable to Done. Done’s a forward who’s been playing as a front 3 just behind the other two forwards. I don’t think Hamilton’s suited to playing there - despite possessing a good goal scoring record he’s still very much a central midfielder.
Joe Bunney and the subs on 20:59 - Apr 7 with 1523 viewstony_roch975

Joe Bunney and the subs on 20:03 - Apr 7 by Shun

I wouldn’t say Hamilton’s comparable to Done. Done’s a forward who’s been playing as a front 3 just behind the other two forwards. I don’t think Hamilton’s suited to playing there - despite possessing a good goal scoring record he’s still very much a central midfielder.

Au contraire - he's effective in attack but 6 losses in his 8 games doesn't suggest he's much of a defender (which was my point)

Joe Bunney and the subs on 22:20 - Apr 7 with 1446 viewskiwidale

as it often pointed out I don't get to watch the games but why does Bunney get stick when he is not a defender likewise with Done I bet Done is thinking thank feck its Bunneys turn to get roasted by tricky wingers and why are people surprised when they are?

This is not the time for bickering.

Joe Bunney and the subs on 22:37 - Apr 7 with 1420 views49thseason

The last 5 games have proved a few things, mainly that deciding on your best 11 and as far as possible sticking with it is a good idea. It's also the case that the team is working harder than at any stage in the previous 2 seasons and getting some rewards as a result. I think its also the case that Wilbraham is a better option than Andrew as a centre forward and that McLaughlin is proving to be an improvement on Rafferty.
Substitutions yesterday didn't add much to the picture and I think most of us would have prefered that they hadn't happened but I guess there was one eye on Accrington and also the thought that there are not many games left before a number of player's futures will have to be decided upon and they got a brief chance to see if they could make an impact. I don't think they did, so perhaps things are becoming ever clearer in the manager's mind about who he wants on board and who he doesn't.
BBM has to get 100% out of his team on Tuesday. if L1 next season is to stay within our grasp. So, hopefully much the same team as Saturday with better options from the bench.
I think there may well be some familiar faces on their way out over the Summer, no matter what the outcome of this campaign, but with change comes opportunity, and BBM will want to start putting his own stamp on the team
Joe Bunney and the subs on 22:45 - Apr 7 with 1414 viewsjudd

Joe Bunney and the subs on 22:37 - Apr 7 by 49thseason

The last 5 games have proved a few things, mainly that deciding on your best 11 and as far as possible sticking with it is a good idea. It's also the case that the team is working harder than at any stage in the previous 2 seasons and getting some rewards as a result. I think its also the case that Wilbraham is a better option than Andrew as a centre forward and that McLaughlin is proving to be an improvement on Rafferty.
Substitutions yesterday didn't add much to the picture and I think most of us would have prefered that they hadn't happened but I guess there was one eye on Accrington and also the thought that there are not many games left before a number of player's futures will have to be decided upon and they got a brief chance to see if they could make an impact. I don't think they did, so perhaps things are becoming ever clearer in the manager's mind about who he wants on board and who he doesn't.
BBM has to get 100% out of his team on Tuesday. if L1 next season is to stay within our grasp. So, hopefully much the same team as Saturday with better options from the bench.
I think there may well be some familiar faces on their way out over the Summer, no matter what the outcome of this campaign, but with change comes opportunity, and BBM will want to start putting his own stamp on the team

Superb summation.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Joe Bunney and the subs on 07:12 - Apr 8 with 1269 viewsD_Alien

Joe Bunney and the subs on 22:37 - Apr 7 by 49thseason

Your point about a settled starting XI seems almost ridiculously true, in the sense it's been ridiculously absent for so long. Just how much our recent struggles have stemmed from that would be a rhetorical question

I hope you're also right that BBM will have an iron fist inside a velvet glove. We have too many sub L1 standard players on our books

And finally, you're spot on about McLaughlin. Really hope this lad - labelled "bang average" on here after just a couple of appearances - can maintain his fitness till the end of the season. I think he has a touch of class about him

[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 7:19]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Joe Bunney and the subs on 09:31 - Apr 8 with 1135 viewsoddjob007

Joe Bunney and the subs on 07:12 - Apr 8 by D_Alien

Your point about a settled starting XI seems almost ridiculously true, in the sense it's been ridiculously absent for so long. Just how much our recent struggles have stemmed from that would be a rhetorical question

I hope you're also right that BBM will have an iron fist inside a velvet glove. We have too many sub L1 standard players on our books

And finally, you're spot on about McLaughlin. Really hope this lad - labelled "bang average" on here after just a couple of appearances - can maintain his fitness till the end of the season. I think he has a touch of class about him

[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 7:19]

Agreed - we are probably just seeing him re-gain match fitness. With a good preseason, and if he maintains his fitness, he could be a real asset down that right side. I rate him more than Rafferty.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024