Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus 10:39 - Mar 4 with 75725 viewselectricblue

With the spread of this illness what are the chances of games getting called postponed and the season not being completed.....

What would the financial knock on effect be to lower league clubs.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Coronavirus on 04:42 - Mar 21 with 2595 viewsNigeriamark

Coronavirus on 22:38 - Mar 20 by nordenblue

Cheers Kel much appreciated, it's not necessarily the financial side of things thats the immediate issue as we've always been pretty clever with our money it's the whole hassle of trying to find employment whilst 2 young kids run us ragged especially now they're both at home 7 days a week as of today, oh happy days...

Least now I've got something else to moan about since the selfish barstewards knocked the football on the head

The key is to keep your mind active and do things so having the kids occupy you is no bad thing. anxiety leading to depression in some is going to be a big factor in what is going on at the moment

I also got made redundant last February & it is quite a psychological blow even if it was no reflection on how I did my job. I decided that as I had worked my whole life without a break ( since 1982) I decided to take time out to study and then travel for a year as I thought I would find a job reasonably quickly. I will finish my year of travel on the 1st of April and am really pessimistic about even getting interviews. as most of my hobbies aren't possible in the current climate keeping my mind active during a lock down is my biggest concern but I'm sure I can find some online hobby or interest ( probably do another language). I'm also going to have to consider not coming back & extending my travel. Don't want to because after a year of spending with nothing coming in my savings have a real dent in them but at least I had some savings

Let's hope this is all over soon so we can get back to normality
Coronavirus on 07:14 - Mar 21 with 2524 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 04:42 - Mar 21 by Nigeriamark

The key is to keep your mind active and do things so having the kids occupy you is no bad thing. anxiety leading to depression in some is going to be a big factor in what is going on at the moment

I also got made redundant last February & it is quite a psychological blow even if it was no reflection on how I did my job. I decided that as I had worked my whole life without a break ( since 1982) I decided to take time out to study and then travel for a year as I thought I would find a job reasonably quickly. I will finish my year of travel on the 1st of April and am really pessimistic about even getting interviews. as most of my hobbies aren't possible in the current climate keeping my mind active during a lock down is my biggest concern but I'm sure I can find some online hobby or interest ( probably do another language). I'm also going to have to consider not coming back & extending my travel. Don't want to because after a year of spending with nothing coming in my savings have a real dent in them but at least I had some savings

Let's hope this is all over soon so we can get back to normality

You've put your finger on what I think might become just as serious a health issue than the virus itself - mental health during the lockdown. Some are more resilient and resourceful in finding ways to maintain their equilibrium than others. The mental health of young people in particular needs careful monitoring, once the "school's out" rush has faded and they can't even join groups of friends. Use of the internet can be both a blessing, but also a path towards a darker place

It really is incumbent upon us all not to provoke or take offence on here. I'm quite happy to accept any charge of hypocrisy on that score if it makes anyone feel better; but it goes without saying that these aren't normal times, and whilst sport has always been a route to controversy and disagreement sometimes that goes too far; i know that

Quite often, it's those who withdraw from the fray who are most at risk. Keep an eye out for any of your colleagues & loved ones who go quiet, who withdraw from the usual chat and activities. As you so rightly say NM, finding some means of getting through this period is something everyone should be actively considering, not just leaving it to chance or thinking you're invincible

Once again, that's really not intended as being preachy. Others may have different ideas, but whatever they are, we should share them

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Coronavirus on 09:10 - Mar 21 with 2461 viewskiwidale

Coronavirus on 07:14 - Mar 21 by D_Alien

You've put your finger on what I think might become just as serious a health issue than the virus itself - mental health during the lockdown. Some are more resilient and resourceful in finding ways to maintain their equilibrium than others. The mental health of young people in particular needs careful monitoring, once the "school's out" rush has faded and they can't even join groups of friends. Use of the internet can be both a blessing, but also a path towards a darker place

It really is incumbent upon us all not to provoke or take offence on here. I'm quite happy to accept any charge of hypocrisy on that score if it makes anyone feel better; but it goes without saying that these aren't normal times, and whilst sport has always been a route to controversy and disagreement sometimes that goes too far; i know that

Quite often, it's those who withdraw from the fray who are most at risk. Keep an eye out for any of your colleagues & loved ones who go quiet, who withdraw from the usual chat and activities. As you so rightly say NM, finding some means of getting through this period is something everyone should be actively considering, not just leaving it to chance or thinking you're invincible

Once again, that's really not intended as being preachy. Others may have different ideas, but whatever they are, we should share them

No charge of hypocrisy from me D_A your post was not preachy it was warm an welcome.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 9:14]

This is not the time for bickering.

Coronavirus on 10:33 - Mar 21 with 2404 views442Dale

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2020/march/portsmouth-fc-statement-three-pla

Andy Cannon one of the players to test positive.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Coronavirus on 11:17 - Mar 21 with 2341 viewsaleanddale

One for conspiracy theorists.

Covid 19 has come from a lab. Most likely Russia or China.

Russia have been strangely quiet regarding the whole thing.

If the genie is out of the bottle ( quite literally) then we need to be very very concerned indeed.

Do I trust the government to share everything they know ( No ) but the speed this has travelled from never hearing about Corona to where we are today is frightening. There has never been this response to influenzas previously so why the dramatic closure of the whole country.

Zero proof regarding any of the above BUT something not stacking up in my head.

Could this be a man made virus?
Coronavirus on 12:47 - Mar 21 with 2265 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 11:17 - Mar 21 by aleanddale

If the genie is out of the bottle ( quite literally) then we need to be very very concerned indeed.

Do I trust the government to share everything they know ( No ) but the speed this has travelled from never hearing about Corona to where we are today is frightening. There has never been this response to influenzas previously so why the dramatic closure of the whole country.

There is no single 'coronavirus' - hence the labelling as covid-19

It's a different strain of a common set of viruses which spread through corona-like nodules on their surface. Mutations in this and other viruses happen naturally all the time, and randomly one will prove to be more effective in invading it's host than others whilst proving resistant to our immune defence mechanisms (initially)

It's not impossible for a new strain to be cultured artificially (i.e. outside the natural environment) but it can't be engineered as such. We're literally surrounded by viruses of all kinds, and carry several pounds of bacteria (which work differently) in our guts without which we couldn't survive

Coronavirus on 13:06 - Mar 21 with 2240 viewsdingdangblue

Coronavirus on 10:33 - Mar 21 by 442Dale

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2020/march/portsmouth-fc-statement-three-pla

Andy Cannon one of the players to test positive.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-harley-street-clinic-sold-2171

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Coronavirus on 13:24 - Mar 21 with 2215 viewsDaley_Lama

Coronavirus on 13:06 - Mar 21 by dingdangblue

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-harley-street-clinic-sold-2171

Andy Cannon and two team mates have Cov19 at Pompey

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus on 15:13 - Mar 21 with 2143 viewsAtThePeake

Coronavirus on 07:14 - Mar 21 by D_Alien

Not preachy at all, important and helpful.

As some of you will have seen I have spoken as openly as I can on Twitter before about my own mental health issues and I am absolutely certain that it's going to be a problem at some point for me in the next few months. I've found that being open and honest with myself and as many others as possible is one way of being prepared to combat that when it comes.

Equally, if anybody on here needs to chat about anything at all, then my DMs are always open. I have relevant book and podcast recommendations, mindfulness techniques etc etc but even if you just need someone to talk to then feel free to drop me a line.

When people are saying 'stay safe' at the moment, it's definitely important to remember that mental well-being as well as physical well-being needs to be protected and nurtured in times like these.

Tangled up in blue.

Coronavirus on 17:31 - Mar 21 with 2055 viewsaleanddale

Coronavirus on 12:47 - Mar 21 by D_Alien

There is no single 'coronavirus' - hence the labelling as covid-19

It's a different strain of a common set of viruses which spread through corona-like nodules on their surface. Mutations in this and other viruses happen naturally all the time, and randomly one will prove to be more effective in invading it's host than others whilst proving resistant to our immune defence mechanisms (initially)

It's not impossible for a new strain to be cultured artificially (i.e. outside the natural environment) but it can't be engineered as such. We're literally surrounded by viruses of all kinds, and carry several pounds of bacteria (which work differently) in our guts without which we couldn't survive

A very reasoned response D_Alien.

Just something not stacking up.

It’s the speed and the unprecedented government actions that make me nervous.

Let’s hope for normality as quickly as possible and look after your / our parents and if still around grandparents and of course our family and friends.

I will readily admit i got a little spooked this week.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 17:36]
Coronavirus on 17:33 - Mar 21 with 2051 viewsaleanddale

Coronavirus on 15:13 - Mar 21 by AtThePeake

Not preachy at all, important and helpful.

As some of you will have seen I have spoken as openly as I can on Twitter before about my own mental health issues and I am absolutely certain that it's going to be a problem at some point for me in the next few months. I've found that being open and honest with myself and as many others as possible is one way of being prepared to combat that when it comes.

Equally, if anybody on here needs to chat about anything at all, then my DMs are always open. I have relevant book and podcast recommendations, mindfulness techniques etc etc but even if you just need someone to talk to then feel free to drop me a line.

When people are saying 'stay safe' at the moment, it's definitely important to remember that mental well-being as well as physical well-being needs to be protected and nurtured in times like these.

ATP as you should! Be open and honest on here we all can help each other.

If like you say you hit a low point in the next few weeks come on here and the Dale community will help I am sure.
Coronavirus on 21:03 - Mar 21 with 1915 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Coronavirus on 17:33 - Mar 21 by aleanddale

ATP as you should! Be open and honest on here we all can help each other.

If like you say you hit a low point in the next few weeks come on here and the Dale community will help I am sure.

Well said.

Everyone should be uniting and supporting each other, it’s a weird situation but the truth is we won’t ever know how it started or why, what we can do is look after each other as much as we can.

TS offering to get shopping for Mooney was an excellent example of what we should be doing, not bickering about things we can’t change.

There will probably be somebody who suddenly stops posting on here at some stage, a Dale fan who is vulnerable or not well, and gets ill. Let’s not argue but support each other as much as we can

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Coronavirus on 21:40 - Mar 21 with 1880 viewsrochdaleriddler

Coronavirus on 21:03 - Mar 21 by Thacks_Rabbits

Well said.

Everyone should be uniting and supporting each other, it’s a weird situation but the truth is we won’t ever know how it started or why, what we can do is look after each other as much as we can.

TS offering to get shopping for Mooney was an excellent example of what we should be doing, not bickering about things we can’t change.

There will probably be somebody who suddenly stops posting on here at some stage, a Dale fan who is vulnerable or not well, and gets ill. Let’s not argue but support each other as much as we can

I agree let’s not call each other tvats

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Coronavirus on 21:55 - Mar 21 with 1859 viewsscarrow

I'm sure there are several members of this forum who are in the front line working for the NHS or are other Key Workers. Fair play to them, amazing dedication - keep safe

Poll: Final position

Coronavirus on 09:13 - Mar 22 with 1634 viewsBigKindo

It has been reported that the ex President of Real Madrid, Lorenzo Sanz, has passed away from coronavirus.
Coronavirus on 10:08 - Mar 22 with 1575 viewsmingthemerciless

Reading this morning's paper it sounds like there won't be any football played for at least 3 months, probably longer. Time to start the work on the pitch now ?
Coronavirus on 10:18 - Mar 22 with 1552 views442Dale

Coronavirus on 10:08 - Mar 22 by mingthemerciless

Reading this morning's paper it sounds like there won't be any football played for at least 3 months, probably longer. Time to start the work on the pitch now ?

The pitch is the least of our problems. If we complete this season before autumn it would indicate that this awful situation has started to improve.

When football does start again the world is going to be a very different place. All planning has been thrown out the window as the focus is rightly on dealing with the here and now and focusing on the health of everyone.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Coronavirus on 10:28 - Mar 22 with 1535 viewsboromat

Coronavirus on 10:18 - Mar 22 by 442Dale

The pitch is the least of our problems. If we complete this season before autumn it would indicate that this awful situation has started to improve.

When football does start again the world is going to be a very different place. All planning has been thrown out the window as the focus is rightly on dealing with the here and now and focusing on the health of everyone.

Yeah we don't know what's going to happen but any money available might be needed for cash flow and not a new pitch. We might have to put up with a really bad pitch next season 🙈, but for good reason.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Coronavirus on 11:02 - Mar 22 with 1498 viewsjudd

CORONAVIRUS: The boredom of self isolation..... Did you know that if you rest one of your testicles on top of an empty beer bottle, and hold a flame at the base, eventually it gets sucked inside......If you've done this and know how to get it out, message me please....

Asking for a friend.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Coronavirus on 11:45 - Mar 22 with 1444 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 11:02 - Mar 22 by judd

CORONAVIRUS: The boredom of self isolation..... Did you know that if you rest one of your testicles on top of an empty beer bottle, and hold a flame at the base, eventually it gets sucked inside......If you've done this and know how to get it out, message me please....

Asking for a friend.

You and your friend will just have to have a smashing time

Coronavirus on 11:46 - Mar 22 with 1437 viewsMass_Debater

Coronavirus on 10:28 - Mar 22 by boromat

Yeah we don't know what's going to happen but any money available might be needed for cash flow and not a new pitch. We might have to put up with a really bad pitch next season 🙈, but for good reason.

Yeah
Coronavirus on 11:51 - Mar 22 with 1425 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 10:18 - Mar 22 by 442Dale

I agree about the here and now, but the here and now can't remain the here and now for long without some form of distraction for people

Nowt wrong with ming's post, perhaps on a different thread

Coronavirus on 13:10 - Mar 22 with 1368 viewsNigeriamark

Coronavirus on 11:17 - Mar 21 by aleanddale

The bit that is not stacking up in my head is the complete lack of a communication strategy by those in power in layman's language taking us through this since the beginning. As a result most information seems obtained from media, internet, by most people who are indeed laymen and therefore will react according to the information they have. People may still chose to ignore this but at least there would be an option for those who are genuinely interested in a factual, step by step understanding of how this started and where we are as of today. Such an information source could be updated as actual information shows something different. As a learning for the future ( although it didn't happen with bird flu ) whenever news of a new health threat hits, this needs to start on day 1 ( perhaps a health expert led website endorsed by government with a panel of general punters & other stakeholders helping create the actual communication

As an example, after 3 months of this how many people in the UK do you think actually now know what the virus is called? Something you would expect at the very start of the communication.

I'll go with no more than 5%
Coronavirus on 14:29 - Mar 22 with 1306 viewskiwidale

Asking for a friend.

I sent that to a mate he pissed himself,

This is not the time for bickering.

Coronavirus on 17:01 - Mar 22 with 1227 viewsDaleiLama

Asking for a friend.

I hope your friend enjoyed his plum porter before his unfortunate disappearing trick?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024