Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United 14:21 - Mar 5 with 20192 viewsChaffRAFC

Played For Both: Dale v Rotherham United 5th Mar 2020 14:11
This week, our “Played for Both” feature takes a look back at a former Miller and a former Daley. In fact, he had two loan spells and then signed permanent at Rochdale! 0

Match Preview: Dale v Rotherham United 4th Mar 2020 14:00
The fixtures don’t get any easier, do they? Dale are at home to Rotherham United this weekend with the visitors sitting pretty in second place while Dale creep nearer to the bottom three week by week. 1

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:58 - Mar 7 with 3172 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:43 - Mar 7 by blackdogblue

Thought for once in a season, the Ref had a great game, admittedly it was funny in the second half he had forgot his batman belt with the foam 😀 must have reached behind his back 5 times looking for it.. or is that a shortage with COVAID-19 😀😀😀

👏 Ref

The only ref I've seen all season that let the game get a bit rough and ready. That should have gone in Rotherham's favour but we really put up a fight today and matched their physicality. Needed to mix it up today taking into account the opposition and the pitch and we bossed it. Well earned 3 points.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 19:32 - Mar 7 with 3022 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:22 - Mar 7 by SuddenLad

Absolute bloody nonsense. He was on his mettle all game from the first whistle. One of the best individual performances of the season.

Well I saw him bottle two challenges in the first half, as did my sandy lane comrades , he did get better admittedly

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 19:36 - Mar 7 with 3007 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:29 - Mar 7 by D_Alien

The difference between the Lund we're seeing now and the one who missed so many games through injury is the experience he's gained in knowing when to put himself about and when to take care of himself

I doubt he's ever shirked a challenge in his life. Can you say the same?

He shirked two near the sandy in the first half. Fact. I don’t play football so wtf you talking about

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 19:38 - Mar 7 with 2993 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:41 - Mar 7 by TVOS1907

Coventry have been the league leaders since last Sunday.

Probably

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 19:39 - Mar 7 with 2986 viewsBlueMessiah

Fabulous performance from every Dale player today and it needed to be against a very good team. No mention for Alby yet who i thought was outstanding. Spent a lot of the game with a bloke on his back and put a real shift in for the full 90 minutes. Shows what a proper, mobile target man can do.
Also big respect for BBM today for changing his tactics.
A great day!

Poll: Do I Know You?

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 19:48 - Mar 7 with 2937 viewsanimal8

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 17:42 - Mar 7 by D_Alien

HALLELUJAH!!!

We have a proper League One-competitive football team, that's been masquerading as a mind-numbingly boring outfit for far too long. Enough was clearly enough, and it's back to the style that saw BBM take us into the safety zone this time last year

Is that the end of the experiment? I bloody well hope so! Of course, the pitch is no longer fit for messing around at the back, but i believe there's more to the change we saw today than just that. The style with which we put a very good Rotherham side to the sword suits our players far more, with a mixture of skill and more importantly - passion - thrown in right from kick off

Hendo did indeed look sharper today, because he was more involved in the game. We had a really good balance out there today, everyone believed in what they were being asked to do and the result? Not just 3-1 (it could've been more) but a thoroughly entertaining match with a good ref and an entertained crowd that showed it's appreciation. Simple, eh?

100% agree with Lund as MoM. After a slow start back at Dale, i'm loving his experience in breaking up play and reading the game to great effect, allowing others to blossom alongside him. His assist for Hendo's second was sublime and his goal well-deserved

Well done BBM, you got it so right after getting it in the neck from me and many others recently. If lessons have truly been learned, we have nothing to fear in this division and everything to look forward to
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 17:44]

Top post D'Allien ,Well said and if we carry on like today we will all be happy .
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 19:55 - Mar 7 with 2902 viewsmikehunt

Nice to see Williams give it back to the crowd too. Good lad.
They were well pissed at him because when he was on the deck, after a clash of heads, it caused the ref to halt the game when the Millers were in full flow.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:08 - Mar 7 with 2812 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 19:55 - Mar 7 by mikehunt

Nice to see Williams give it back to the crowd too. Good lad.
They were well pissed at him because when he was on the deck, after a clash of heads, it caused the ref to halt the game when the Millers were in full flow.

I thought it was justice as their player looked well offside anyway but the flag didn't go up.

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:09 - Mar 7 with 2811 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 19:36 - Mar 7 by rochdaleriddler

He shirked two near the sandy in the first half. Fact. I don’t play football so wtf you talking about

There are other challenges than playing football, and what you state as "fact" is entirely subjective opinion

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:36 - Mar 7 with 2684 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:09 - Mar 7 by D_Alien

There are other challenges than playing football, and what you state as "fact" is entirely subjective opinion

I was stood with a few people who shared my opinion that he pulled out of two challenges , I understand you wouldn’t have seen these from the other end of the ground. As we are talking about football, why would I think you were referring to life challenges? I’d guess I probably have overcome a few, I don’t know you so I wouldn’t cast any aspersions in your direction, even though you might.

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:41 - Mar 7 with 2665 viewsjonahwhereru

A right kick in the teeth for Tranmere our result. To win a Accrington and find there goal difference with us is worse than at start of play will be a sicker. But they will be more focused on Wimbledon, who only drew with Bolton at home so they will also be disappointed. When those two meet in a couple of weeks the pressure on both of them will be intense.
Would have supplied the Betfair relegation market but it’s all over the place right now.
Ecstatic at that result. Read comments that both Camps and Lund where poor in the first half. Just think, if the whole midfield clicks from that start what we might do. Pleased in particular for Williams he has gone two games without shipping any stick. It can only be good for his confidence.
We have the pleasure now of following other results, while we are not playing, ahead of a chance to put pressure on Tranmere.
Well done lads.
UTD
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:42 - Mar 7 with 2659 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:36 - Mar 7 by rochdaleriddler

I was stood with a few people who shared my opinion that he pulled out of two challenges , I understand you wouldn’t have seen these from the other end of the ground. As we are talking about football, why would I think you were referring to life challenges? I’d guess I probably have overcome a few, I don’t know you so I wouldn’t cast any aspersions in your direction, even though you might.

It's oh so easy to accuse someone of shirking a challenge, isn't it? What you and others think you saw could have a different interpretation, entirely dependent on how play was developing around Lund. He might just have the experience to know when it's better to hold off, for instance, for the good of the team?

I haven't accused you of shirking anything, simply asked a question so you might reflect on accusing others

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:44 - Mar 7 with 2638 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:41 - Mar 7 by jonahwhereru

A right kick in the teeth for Tranmere our result. To win a Accrington and find there goal difference with us is worse than at start of play will be a sicker. But they will be more focused on Wimbledon, who only drew with Bolton at home so they will also be disappointed. When those two meet in a couple of weeks the pressure on both of them will be intense.
Would have supplied the Betfair relegation market but it’s all over the place right now.
Ecstatic at that result. Read comments that both Camps and Lund where poor in the first half. Just think, if the whole midfield clicks from that start what we might do. Pleased in particular for Williams he has gone two games without shipping any stick. It can only be good for his confidence.
We have the pleasure now of following other results, while we are not playing, ahead of a chance to put pressure on Tranmere.
Well done lads.
UTD

Williams was great, Lund was better as game went on. Camps looked ok, an uplifting performance

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:56 - Mar 7 with 2583 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:42 - Mar 7 by D_Alien

It's oh so easy to accuse someone of shirking a challenge, isn't it? What you and others think you saw could have a different interpretation, entirely dependent on how play was developing around Lund. He might just have the experience to know when it's better to hold off, for instance, for the good of the team?

I haven't accused you of shirking anything, simply asked a question so you might reflect on accusing others

I’m not wanting an argument, imho he pulled out of two challenges . He went on to play great. I rate him as a player, and after having a bit of banter with him in the pub a few years ago , I think he is a great bloke. Peace and love

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:59 - Mar 7 with 2570 viewsD_Dale

Any highlights posted yet?

https://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-rotherham/410339

Maybe 'Quest' will provide a few more.
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 21:05 - Mar 7 with 2553 viewsDaley_Lama

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:59 - Mar 7 by D_Dale

Any highlights posted yet?

https://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-rotherham/410339

Maybe 'Quest' will provide a few more.

Ian Hendo love in weekend expected on quest, quite right too.

Will be on early for once!

Poll: DF in or out

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 21:07 - Mar 7 with 2540 viewsWalboro

Got to agree with Dalien here if anybody in the team is going to pull out of a challenge Lund would be the last one.Not saying he hasnt today as i never saw anything from the main stand.He is older and wiser now and when he gets there he now knows that he will be risking a booking/sending off if he goes in but when he was here before he wouldve normallynot bothered jumped in. Throughout the team thought Sanchez had a good game commanded the ariel bombardment well and his distribution was good and mainly to Alby who he can rely on holding the ball up well.The defence very solid and im sure Lukes throws are getting longer.MJ solid and not afraid of a challenge.Camps moving centrally between midfield and the forward line and Hendo loved it for the first time in months waiting for that ball to come over. Rotherham are a decent team and you can see why they are up there but we matched them in every dept.Fans fighting between themselves absolute disgrace.Well done BBM for changing it around most enjoyable game for months and a deserved 3 ponts eveyone put a shift in as always.Onward and upward we have no one to fear.
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 21:28 - Mar 7 with 2445 viewsEllDale

I agree with all the positives mentioned already.
Has a bigger team than Rotherham ever been to Spotland!?
No disrespect to Jim but the return of Bonesy was a massive boost and he and McShane were real warriors under the aerial bombardment.
It was great to see the whole team celebrating Lund’s in front of the Sandy as well. It obviously means something to them which made me feel proud.
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 21:40 - Mar 7 with 2397 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:56 - Mar 7 by rochdaleriddler

I’m not wanting an argument, imho he pulled out of two challenges . He went on to play great. I rate him as a player, and after having a bit of banter with him in the pub a few years ago , I think he is a great bloke. Peace and love

Me neither

If what you saw looked like shirking a challenge, compare that with what Hendo does when the ball is played aerially in his direction. He makes no attempt to challenge directly, knowing he's unlikely to succeed and might easily get himself battered so stays grounded so as to be better placed to pick up play if the ball goes loose. I'm fine with that, as must his manager be and although it looks timid it's just using his experience and also a form of self-preservation

All of these factors are much more likely in Lund's case too, given his history of reckless challenges leading to injury. I wouldn't be using a word such as "bottling", whatever you thought you saw. You might want to retract it, in the interests of peace and love?

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 21:53 - Mar 7 with 2342 viewsjokerthief

I,m glad Tranmere won today, adds to end of season interest.
Might be a good crowd, all to play for.
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 22:04 - Mar 7 with 2315 viewsTipperaryDale

Terrific result and really pleased to see us go more direct against a higher-placed team. Lund my MOTM, his breaking up of play was brilliant, and it was clear to see the difference this made to our right flank in helping going Luke out.

Ratings
Sanchez 8 - didn't drop a thing, commanded his area, distribution good.
Luke 7 - still a little lightweight but seems to be getting better positioning wise. He is learning what he can and can't win and planning accordingly.
McShane 7 - no nonsense, head on it, won nearly everything.
O'Connell 7 - see McShane, should have scored as well.
Keohane 6 - not a clue going forward but decent defensively. Not his position to be fair.
MJ 7 - one of his better games, though would still like him to dominate challenges more.
Lund 8 - really smart in defence, loved to see the little tactical fouls and breaking up of their attacks.
Camps 7 - ran a lot. Effort can't be questioned, busted a gut to support Hendo at times.
Morley 8 - best passer in the team. Couple of times got caught in possession, but he creates chances and his delivery into the box was excellent.
Hendo 8 - loved being on the shoulder of the last defender, although I think he's not done it for a while and forgot how to stay onside. Quality finishing.
Alby 6 - sorry to say but to me he looked to be running through treacle and his passing/layoffs were misplaced.

BBM 9 - clearly done his homework and outclassed his opponent. They couldn't handle the quick long ball, full marks to him for changing the system. I've always said, he needs to be a realist and realise that the short passing and possession game will not work every match - we have the players that can play in more than one way.
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 23:37 - Mar 7 with 2099 viewsboromat

If I've read correctly it's now going to be an odd week with Tranmere playing twice before we play them in our next game. Depending on their results away to Blackpool and at home to Lincoln could make the game even bigger than it currently looks.

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 09:52 - Mar 8 with 1625 viewsaleanddale

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 23:37 - Mar 7 by boromat

If I've read correctly it's now going to be an odd week with Tranmere playing twice before we play them in our next game. Depending on their results away to Blackpool and at home to Lincoln could make the game even bigger than it currently looks.

In theory Tranmere could go ahead of Dale with a win at Spotland.

Come on Blackpool and Lincoln!.

The flip side is that Dale could be home and hosed with a Blackpool Lincoln Dale treble.

Dale excellent today and well done BBM. I still have a reservation regarding his management style but more than happy to eat humble pie and be proved wrong.

Enjoyed that yesterday and if we play with the same verve in the last 10 games we will be fine.
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 10:10 - Mar 8 with 1585 views442Dale

Reflecting on it, yesterday was proper football. They got the ball wide and crosses into the box, we defended it as best we could and then looked to go forward at every opportunity with players breaking behind their back four. It wasn’t a complicated game, it was a proper game. It was 1990s football.

The game needs 1990s football. This current football environment isn’t much fun and, for those trying to say it’s something to embrace, maybe they should remember what we are, what football is and what really would make for a better future. Give me a future that’s more like the 1990s, one that’s like yesterday.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 10:11 - Mar 8 with 1586 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Great result, energy, skill, commitment & togetherness, everything you could want from a performance. Huge win in what is for me the defining month of our season. 3 massive home games to come, let’s have it!
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 10:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024