Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United 14:21 - Mar 5 with 20207 viewsChaffRAFC

Played For Both: Dale v Rotherham United 5th Mar 2020 14:11
This week, our “Played for Both” feature takes a look back at a former Miller and a former Daley. In fact, he had two loan spells and then signed permanent at Rochdale! 0

Match Preview: Dale v Rotherham United 4th Mar 2020 14:00
The fixtures don’t get any easier, do they? Dale are at home to Rotherham United this weekend with the visitors sitting pretty in second place while Dale creep nearer to the bottom three week by week. 1

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 10:19 - Mar 8 with 3015 viewsMass_Debater

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 09:52 - Mar 8 by aleanddale

In theory Tranmere could go ahead of Dale with a win at Spotland.

Come on Blackpool and Lincoln!.

The flip side is that Dale could be home and hosed with a Blackpool Lincoln Dale treble.

Dale excellent today and well done BBM. I still have a reservation regarding his management style but more than happy to eat humble pie and be proved wrong.

Enjoyed that yesterday and if we play with the same verve in the last 10 games we will be fine.

Game was yesterday pal.
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 12:05 - Mar 8 with 2852 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 19:38 - Mar 7 by rochdaleriddler

Probably

Definitely.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 12:05 - Mar 8 with 2855 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 21:53 - Mar 7 by jokerthief

I,m glad Tranmere won today, adds to end of season interest.
Might be a good crowd, all to play for.

That's two wins on the bounce for Tranny......

There next two games are against teams (Blackpool and Lincoln) with nothing to play for in midtable security.
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 12:11 - Mar 8 with 2839 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 12:05 - Mar 8 by Yorkshire_Dale

That's two wins on the bounce for Tranny......

There next two games are against teams (Blackpool and Lincoln) with nothing to play for in midtable security.

Every team has something to play for.

Blackpool have just appointed a new manager; their players will want to impress to still be there next season or to earn new deals.

Lincoln twice came from behind to beat Burton yesterday. If they had 'nothing to play for', they wouldn't have even tried.

Not sure why people suddenly think Tranmere are going to turn into Barcelona. Two good away wins, but against two sides off whom we have taken ten points this season.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 12:13 - Mar 8 with 2837 viewsfrenzied

Watch that goal difference
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:31 - Mar 8 with 2485 viewskiwidale

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 12:11 - Mar 8 by TVOS1907

Every team has something to play for.

Blackpool have just appointed a new manager; their players will want to impress to still be there next season or to earn new deals.

Lincoln twice came from behind to beat Burton yesterday. If they had 'nothing to play for', they wouldn't have even tried.

Not sure why people suddenly think Tranmere are going to turn into Barcelona. Two good away wins, but against two sides off whom we have taken ten points this season.

We turned into Barcelona last year its not uncommon for teams to do that late in the season Tranmere's two wins on the bounce suggest they have enough about them to do likewise we need to stop focusing on them, my feeling is that Tranmere will be safe come seasons end. We need to finish the season as strongly as last year there is no reason why we cant finish above MkDons Wimbledon and Accrington.

This is not the time for bickering.

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:39 - Mar 8 with 2461 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:31 - Mar 8 by kiwidale

We turned into Barcelona last year its not uncommon for teams to do that late in the season Tranmere's two wins on the bounce suggest they have enough about them to do likewise we need to stop focusing on them, my feeling is that Tranmere will be safe come seasons end. We need to finish the season as strongly as last year there is no reason why we cant finish above MkDons Wimbledon and Accrington.

Although they're in a seemingly 'safe' position, I can see Bristol Rovers getting dragged into the relegation scrap as well. Beaten by Sarfend yesterday and in terrible form since the turn of the year.
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:56 - Mar 8 with 2287 viewsDaleiLama

Now we know where the courage came from.

Amazing when you play to score rather than play to keep possession what you can achieve. Along with the Tranmere and Utd away games (and honourable mentions for Newcastle at home), Saturday was the most entertaining game of the season I've seen. I wasn't at Sarfend, but these results shows what this squad are capable of achieving when allowed to play and conversely, some of those dire games devoid of action and goals show what can happen when we try to retain the ball at all costs and play square/back all game. Of course it never does to play the same way all the time every week, but I do hope this is the start of us reverting to doing what we do best.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:59 - Mar 8 with 2285 viewsJames1980

From the highlights it looks like we played to our strengths for example Morley and Camps passing ability.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 07:43 - Mar 9 with 2039 viewsrod_leach

A fantastic result, but I was surprised how Rotherham failed to adapt. We'd obviously set out expecting them to play a high line and they continued with it all game. More usually we're faced with two lines of defence starting at the edge of the opposition area, which makes it harder to play through or over the back line like we did for all three goals on Saturday. That's why we pass it around, because there's often not as much room to do what we did against Rotherham.
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 08:54 - Mar 9 with 1969 viewsjonahwhereru

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:31 - Mar 8 by kiwidale

Saw several of the back end game last season. We were gritty, hardworking, and well organised. We dug out results rather than dominated teams. Any team is capable of that.
I don’t know if you are a betting man, but if your opinion is that Tranmere will avoid the drop, there is some outstanding value to be had.
Warning: like Keith Hill odds compilers know their onions.
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 09:28 - Mar 9 with 1931 viewstony_roch975

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 17:44 - Mar 7 by Daley_Lama

Hello Matty Lund, nice to see you again. That’s the player i remember!

Awesome throughout the team, shame they scored as the back 5 and MJ were as solid as anything seen this season.

1-0 Fighting with Stewards
2-0 Fighting with Police
3-0 Fighting with each other
3-1 Applauding their promotion chasing players off after a bad day at the office (those who had the decency to stay til the end)

To be fair, their Forum has plenty of condemnation of their own fans behaviour & compliments us "One of the most fan friendly grounds in the country and a club who I have the utmost respect for given the geographical disadvantages they have to work with. A real salt of the earth club and always a pleasure to visit."

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 11:38 - Mar 9 with 1819 viewsParkinsGimp

I have to hold my hand up .
Very impressed with Matty Lund. I hope he keeps it up I genuinely didnt think he could perform at this level anymore.
Well done sir, yes he bottled a few tackles but he certainly made some excellent passes and a very well taken goal.
More of the same from you and the guys
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 12:02 - Mar 9 with 1782 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 11:38 - Mar 9 by ParkinsGimp

I have to hold my hand up .
Very impressed with Matty Lund. I hope he keeps it up I genuinely didnt think he could perform at this level anymore.
Well done sir, yes he bottled a few tackles but he certainly made some excellent passes and a very well taken goal.
More of the same from you and the guys

You must be the bloke rochdaleriddler chats with

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 12:19 - Mar 9 with 1746 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 12:02 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

You must be the bloke rochdaleriddler chats with

Not so, I know the identity of the people I was chatting to

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 13:11 - Mar 9 with 1665 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 12:19 - Mar 9 by rochdaleriddler

Not so, I know the identity of the people I was chatting to

I still maintain that what you saw was Lund taking a more 'conservative' approach to challenging for the ball, to make sure he doesn't put himself and the team at a disadvantage through constant injuries as was the case in his previous spell

That's why "bottling" is entirely inappropriate, as it also is with Hendo's aerial non-challenges. I'm still expecting you to withdraw that description, then peace and love will surely follow

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 13:55 - Mar 9 with 1597 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 13:11 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

I still maintain that what you saw was Lund taking a more 'conservative' approach to challenging for the ball, to make sure he doesn't put himself and the team at a disadvantage through constant injuries as was the case in his previous spell

That's why "bottling" is entirely inappropriate, as it also is with Hendo's aerial non-challenges. I'm still expecting you to withdraw that description, then peace and love will surely follow

If it pleases, I shall change it to didn’t risk injury by getting his body too close to the opposition giant. As previously said, he was great after half time.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 13:59 - Mar 9 with 1590 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 13:11 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

I had a piece of cheese and onion pie in the flyer yesterday, and I loved the light ales, which were definately flowing.

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 14:07 - Mar 9 with 1571 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 13:59 - Mar 9 by rochdaleriddler

I had a piece of cheese and onion pie in the flyer yesterday, and I loved the light ales, which were definately flowing.

Good value! I'm off to Cloudwater brewery tap this afty

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 14:18 - Mar 9 with 1554 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 14:07 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

Lucky sod! Outstanding brewery which particularly excels at pale ales.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 16:08 - Mar 9 with 1432 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 14:07 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

So Cloudwater in and cloudy water out then!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:09 - Mar 9 with 1281 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 14:18 - Mar 9 by IOMDale

Lucky sod! Outstanding brewery which particularly excels at pale ales.

Didn't make it. We got to Piccadilly and it started legging it down so went into the Piccadilly Tap instead. But if you've been and can recommend, it's a definite for our next trip into Manc

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:11 - Mar 9 with 1279 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 16:08 - Mar 9 by DaleiLama

So Cloudwater in and cloudy water out then!

More like cloud water deluge

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:32 - Mar 9 with 1235 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:09 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

Didn't make it. We got to Piccadilly and it started legging it down so went into the Piccadilly Tap instead. But if you've been and can recommend, it's a definite for our next trip into Manc

Piccadilly tap is ok, considering it’s location, not too expensive

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:46 - Mar 9 with 1208 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 20:32 - Mar 9 by rochdaleriddler

Piccadilly tap is ok, considering it’s location, not too expensive

Yeah, it's not too bad. Was amusing watching the commuters getting rain & wind blasted on the concourse

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024