Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United 14:21 - Mar 5 with 20190 viewsChaffRAFC

Played For Both: Dale v Rotherham United 5th Mar 2020 14:11
This week, our “Played for Both” feature takes a look back at a former Miller and a former Daley. In fact, he had two loan spells and then signed permanent at Rochdale! 0

Match Preview: Dale v Rotherham United 4th Mar 2020 14:00
The fixtures don’t get any easier, do they? Dale are at home to Rotherham United this weekend with the visitors sitting pretty in second place while Dale creep nearer to the bottom three week by week. 1

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 16:47 - Mar 7 with 3178 viewsscarrow

More attacking intent, more pace and the best result of the season. Fantastic dale

Poll: Final position

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 16:49 - Mar 7 with 3153 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 16:47 - Mar 7 by scarrow

More attacking intent, more pace and the best result of the season. Fantastic dale

The fans were right all along!
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 16:52 - Mar 7 with 3116 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 16:49 - Mar 7 by Yorkshire_Dale

The fans were right all along!

Lund gets MOM and no complaints from me. Our best performance of the season, certainly at home. No-one has had a bad game today

Well done BBM. Showing he isn't a 1 trick pony. The pitch would have made it difficult to keep playing it as per many previous games so we have gone the direct route and it has worked. Shows the players can also adapt to different styles too.

Pity that the previous home performances has led to only 2,500 Dale fans there today, but hopefully a few more will be back for the Tranmere game

Think I'll have another drink!!
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 16:54]
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 16:56 - Mar 7 with 3087 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 15:10 - Mar 7 by richfoad32

Tranmere 1-0 up at Accy .

I’ll bet they’re more dejected today than we are.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 16:57 - Mar 7 with 3060 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 16:52 - Mar 7 by Nigeriamark

Lund gets MOM and no complaints from me. Our best performance of the season, certainly at home. No-one has had a bad game today

Well done BBM. Showing he isn't a 1 trick pony. The pitch would have made it difficult to keep playing it as per many previous games so we have gone the direct route and it has worked. Shows the players can also adapt to different styles too.

Pity that the previous home performances has led to only 2,500 Dale fans there today, but hopefully a few more will be back for the Tranmere game

Think I'll have another drink!!
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 16:54]

Finished 3-1. I went to the bar and they scored so can't report on that

Double over the league leaders. What a result that is
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 16:59 - Mar 7 with 3040 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 16:56 - Mar 7 by fitzochris

I’ll bet they’re more dejected today than we are.

Yup. AFC Wimbledon held by Bolton and MK getting beat keeps them involved as well.
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 17:02 - Mar 7 with 3006 viewsdawlishdale

What a splendid, and dare i say, unexpected showing from Dale...fully deserving of the win.

Turning point for me was their stupid idiot who tapped the ball home on the line when it was going in anyway.

I'm so glad that BBM has finally played a more attacking game, and has been rewarded with the best result of the season. Keep it up and the stay away fans might be back.

Man of the match could have gone to almost all the team. Really well done.
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 17:06 - Mar 7 with 2959 viewsfunkkk

The penny seems to have dropped, play like that for the rest of the season and we'll have no issues. Proper game of football that. Well done everyone 👏🏼
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 17:10 - Mar 7 with 2914 viewsDaleFan7

Great result. As a whole not much messing about with it and just getting on with attacking. Hendo looked really sharp up front.

Agree with the MoM. Lund put a proper performance in today.
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 17:34 - Mar 7 with 2686 viewsShun

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 15:41 - Mar 7 by Nigeriamark

Should be 1-1 but a bit of brainless football from Smith. Sanchez and O'Connel make a mess of it, it comes out to a Rotheram player who heads it into an empty net . However Smith decides to be greedy and touches it over the line while standing in an offside position. Would have gone in if he hadn't done so, and he was literally standing on the line and clearly offside

Dodged a bullet there

It didn’t look to be going in to me. It looked to be more a cross than a shot.
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 17:39 - Mar 7 with 2637 viewsShun

Brilliant performance, and I have to agree with fitzo and others that it shows how a change in system can result in much improved performances. All 11 (12) of them played really well, but I’ll highlight the midfield. All four of them were outstanding, especially Lund. And that’s Williams’ and Keohane’s best games all season.
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 17:42 - Mar 7 with 2600 viewsD_Alien

HALLELUJAH!!!

We have a proper League One-competitive football team, that's been masquerading as a mind-numbingly boring outfit for far too long. Enough was clearly enough, and it's back to the style that saw BBM take us into the safety zone this time last year

Is that the end of the experiment? I bloody well hope so! Of course, the pitch is no longer fit for messing around at the back, but i believe there's more to the change we saw today than just that. The style with which we put a very good Rotherham side to the sword suits our players far more, with a mixture of skill and more importantly - passion - thrown in right from kick off

Hendo did indeed look sharper today, because he was more involved in the game. We had a really good balance out there today, everyone believed in what they were being asked to do and the result? Not just 3-1 (it could've been more) but a thoroughly entertaining match with a good ref and an entertained crowd that showed it's appreciation. Simple, eh?

100% agree with Lund as MoM. After a slow start back at Dale, i'm loving his experience in breaking up play and reading the game to great effect, allowing others to blossom alongside him. His assist for Hendo's second was sublime and his goal well-deserved

Well done BBM, you got it so right after getting it in the neck from me and many others recently. If lessons have truly been learned, we have nothing to fear in this division and everything to look forward to
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 17:44]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 17:44 - Mar 7 with 2585 viewsDaley_Lama

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 17:34 - Mar 7 by Shun

It didn’t look to be going in to me. It looked to be more a cross than a shot.

Hello Matty Lund, nice to see you again. That’s the player i remember!

Awesome throughout the team, shame they scored as the back 5 and MJ were as solid as anything seen this season.

1-0 Fighting with Stewards
2-0 Fighting with Police
3-0 Fighting with each other
3-1 Applauding their promotion chasing players off after a bad day at the office (those who had the decency to stay til the end)

Poll: DF in or out

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 17:49 - Mar 7 with 2545 viewskiwidale

A much needed fillip to boost the weekend the league table will get a few more looks before the weeks out, never doubted BBM for a minute.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 18:26]

This is not the time for bickering.

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:06 - Mar 7 with 2419 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 17:44 - Mar 7 by Daley_Lama

Awesome throughout the team, shame they scored as the back 5 and MJ were as solid as anything seen this season.

2-0 Fighting with Police
3-1 Applauding their promotion chasing players off after a bad day at the office (those who had the decency to stay til the end)

Shameful the small group of fans nearest the Pearl Street, there were a few nobs at the Sandy end as well...

Didn’t see any trouble after though...

8 more wins like that & we could be in a play off place 😀😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:17 - Mar 7 with 2331 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 17:44 - Mar 7 by Daley_Lama

2-0 Fighting with Police

Lund was poor first half, he bottled a few challenges

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:22 - Mar 7 with 2263 viewsSuddenLad

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:17 - Mar 7 by rochdaleriddler

Absolute bloody nonsense. He was on his mettle all game from the first whistle. One of the best individual performances of the season.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:27 - Mar 7 with 2205 views442Dale

Not only did our change in tactics suit us and the pitch, it clearly surprised Rotherham too as they’d set up with forwards high up to put us under pressure but we bypassed that’s by going forward with our passing. They were a real threat on the flanks but we defended the balls into the box well.

Having seen them again, the passes for all three were excellent, Morley’s especially. We seemed to find gaps in their defence all day though, again illustrating how looking forward brings its own rewards.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:29 - Mar 7 with 2187 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:17 - Mar 7 by rochdaleriddler

The difference between the Lund we're seeing now and the one who missed so many games through injury is the experience he's gained in knowing when to put himself about and when to take care of himself

I doubt he's ever shirked a challenge in his life. Can you say the same?

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:37 - Mar 7 with 2121 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 16:23 - Mar 5 by Yorkshire_Dale

Any news on the number of Away tickets sold?.........If they score early, we can expect another chorus of "we are top of the league" until Cov score?

Unlucky.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:38 - Mar 7 with 2114 viewsAndy_TOPO

Have to agree, thought Lund was brilliant today. Also thought MJ played well.
Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:40 - Mar 7 with 2084 viewsBartRowou

Am I alone in thinking we should leave the pitch alone at the end of the season rather than spend a massive amount of money on it that could be spent on players? Just do the basics over the summer, it'll be right until Christmas and adapt our play accordingly for the second half of the season.

Why do people insist on having a perfect playing surface all year round when all it does is give decent teams the opportunity to pass it round us? That was fun today and as has already been noted, you can still play some great football and score some good goals on a poor pitch.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:41 - Mar 7 with 2078 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 16:57 - Mar 7 by Nigeriamark

Finished 3-1. I went to the bar and they scored so can't report on that

Double over the league leaders. What a result that is

Coventry have been the league leaders since last Sunday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:43 - Mar 7 with 2048 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:38 - Mar 7 by Andy_TOPO

Have to agree, thought Lund was brilliant today. Also thought MJ played well.

Thought for once in a season, the Ref had a great game, admittedly it was funny in the second half he had forgot his batman belt with the foam 😀 must have reached behind his back 5 times looking for it.. or is that a shortage with COVAID-19 😀😀😀

👏 Ref

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:56 - Mar 7 with 1956 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Rotherham United on 18:40 - Mar 7 by BartRowou

Am I alone in thinking we should leave the pitch alone at the end of the season rather than spend a massive amount of money on it that could be spent on players? Just do the basics over the summer, it'll be right until Christmas and adapt our play accordingly for the second half of the season.

Why do people insist on having a perfect playing surface all year round when all it does is give decent teams the opportunity to pass it round us? That was fun today and as has already been noted, you can still play some great football and score some good goals on a poor pitch.

Agree with this

I posited the thought earlier this week that if the pitch looked rough it might just result in us adapting our style of play to our benefit

So further to that - do the basics during the close season, see if the rain cover can be retained and i'm sure that'll leave us with a bigger playing budget

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024