Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust EGM update 11:50 - Apr 16 with 30244 viewselectricblue

We'd just like to provide an update to Trust members following our announcement earlier in the week that we intended to call for an EGM. We have delivered a letter to the club this morning where we have formally called for that EGM.

In the past 48 hours, we have been in contact with a number of shareholders, and we were delighted that we had a total of 54 unique shareholders backing our call for an EGM which equated to around 25% of the total shareholding.

A massive thank you to all supporters for their backing over this. We will update you once we have a date for the meeting.

I wonder that out of the other 75% of shareholders with also vote for an EGM..
With what the yanks said about the club i think they just might..
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 11:59]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Trust EGM update on 11:02 - Apr 27 with 3391 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Trust EGM update on 10:41 - Apr 27 by TomRAFC

It's absolutely ludicrous. They put off answering questions for an absurd amount of time to wait for a board meeting, which they then had... A week ago. They were able to rush out plenty of other statements and a letter about poor communication. It's belittling to the fans.

What worries me is that they obviously don't care about the club, because they treat the fans with such contempt. The club are the fans and vice versa. As has been said before, these people are just custodians of the club and going off their behaviour over the last couple of years, they wouldn't care if the club disappeared without a trace. What else can you put down their lack of communication to? As has been proved by fans reaction to the super League this week, fans are the lifeblood of every club, yet people in positions of power continually belittle us, by not including us in their endeavours. Shame on you!
Trust EGM update on 11:18 - Apr 27 with 3364 viewselectricblue

Trust EGM update on 11:02 - Apr 27 by RooleyMoorBlue

What worries me is that they obviously don't care about the club, because they treat the fans with such contempt. The club are the fans and vice versa. As has been said before, these people are just custodians of the club and going off their behaviour over the last couple of years, they wouldn't care if the club disappeared without a trace. What else can you put down their lack of communication to? As has been proved by fans reaction to the super League this week, fans are the lifeblood of every club, yet people in positions of power continually belittle us, by not including us in their endeavours. Shame on you!

They dont care about the supporters never have.

Usually something gets leaked onto this forum but ovef a week later and still nothing.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Trust EGM update on 11:21 - Apr 27 with 3349 viewskel

Trust EGM update on 11:02 - Apr 27 by RooleyMoorBlue

It’s a real shame all this as there are some really good people who work at the club who do a tremendous job. If the board treat the supporters with such contempt, imagine how they must treat their staff.

Increased communication my fookin arse.
Trust EGM update on 11:30 - Apr 27 with 3323 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

I spoke to a lady in the office a couple of weeks ago and she was stressed out, you could see it. It wasn't just down to our league position either. People like her are in the job with their heart and soul, yet don't need to shout about, you can just tell. She should be the CEO, not the clown we have at present.
Trust EGM update on 21:32 - Apr 27 with 3016 viewsSandyman

The management contract extension wasn't announced, allegedly (implausibly) because of a poor run of results.
Surely after a 5 game unbeaten run including 3 wins, that is a decent enough run to honestly tell fans what the hell has been and is going on at the club, answer the Trust's questions, announce an AGM / EGM etc instead of the wall of silence?
Trust EGM update on 21:35 - Apr 27 with 2992 viewsSuddenLad

Trust EGM update on 21:32 - Apr 27 by Sandyman

The management contract extension wasn't announced, allegedly (implausibly) because of a poor run of results.
Surely after a 5 game unbeaten run including 3 wins, that is a decent enough run to honestly tell fans what the hell has been and is going on at the club, answer the Trust's questions, announce an AGM / EGM etc instead of the wall of silence?

....and extend the managers' contract again? This is virtually promotion form over the last 6 games.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Trust EGM update on 21:51 - Apr 27 with 2930 viewsSandyman

Trust EGM update on 21:35 - Apr 27 by SuddenLad

....and extend the managers' contract again? This is virtually promotion form over the last 6 games.

If you can get contract extension for relegation form, it probably means you get sacked for promotion form because we don't want that sort of thing here.
Remember Bottomley at a fans forum trying to convince people that struggling in League One was success. Now we've just about achieved failure with the "hugely talented" one, and potentially losing a lot of money from the League, FA, TV etc, what now?
Disengaging far too many fans in the interests of self-preservation is not the act of a true custodian IMHO. Neither is the Spotland Official Secrets Act which Kim Jong-un must be observing with jealousy.
Trust EGM update on 19:28 - Apr 29 with 2526 viewsChaffRAFC

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/04/egm-update-2/

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

Trust EGM update on 19:36 - Apr 29 with 2496 views442Dale

Trust EGM update on 19:28 - Apr 29 by ChaffRAFC

<<“ The Club emailed us the morning after the Board meeting to inform us that this had been discussed at the Board Meeting but received no direct answers to those questions. However, we later met with Interim Chairman Andrew Kelly who was pleased to provide replies to the three questions we submitted”>>

So the club provided “no direct answers” yet the Interim Chairman was “pleased to provide replies”?

You can’t make this up.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trust EGM update on 19:42 - Apr 29 with 2457 viewsIOMDale

An update that somehow manages to make me even more worried than I was previously was - no fault of the Trust’s, I’ll add.

Andrew Kelly likely can’t comment too much but as for the rest of the answers, they serve no purpose other than to obfuscate, pure and simple.

UTDNFS

Trust EGM update on 19:53 - Apr 29 with 2391 viewsboromat

Great to hear something from the trust and that they're being very proactive and resolute in pushing for an EGM.

Club once again comes across as being disjointed. Feel for Andrew Kelly he seems to be the only one that cares and is much more open.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Trust EGM update on 19:54 - Apr 29 with 2386 viewsJames1980

What concerns me is there doesn't seem to be any attempt by the club to allay any of the concerns the fans might have.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 19:57]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Trust EGM update on 20:08 - Apr 29 with 2319 views442Dale

Trust EGM update on 19:54 - Apr 29 by James1980

What concerns me is there doesn't seem to be any attempt by the club to allay any of the concerns the fans might have.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 19:57]

There would have to be a commitment to improve communication for that to happen.

Oh.

Trust EGM update on 20:12 - Apr 29 with 2298 views442Dale

Trust EGM update on 19:53 - Apr 29 by boromat

Great to hear something from the trust and that they're being very proactive and resolute in pushing for an EGM.

Club once again comes across as being disjointed. Feel for Andrew Kelly he seems to be the only one that cares and is much more open.

Every time the board make a decision or produce a statement, that is from the entire board unless it is stated otherwise.

Trust EGM update on 20:23 - Apr 29 with 2234 viewsdawlishdale

This reply from the club absolutely stinks . Someone is trying every trick in the book (and a few not in the book) to cling onto a highly paid job.

As others have said, if anything could have possibly made me more worried about the tenure of the club, then this is it.
Trust EGM update on 20:31 - Apr 29 with 2202 views49thseason

I think the quorum is 3 so if 2 were to be removed the Trust would need at least 2 would-be Directors prepared to stand, The board really should be a minimum of 7, ideally 9 so if there are investors in the wings there is no real excuse for not making a bunch of them Directors. It would serve to dilute the power of those currently on the Board (which they probably wouldn't appreciate) but would at least introduce some new ideas into their meetings. With 9 directors you could have 3 standing down and seeking re-election each year, starting with the longest serving board members first and working in rotation.
Trust EGM update on 21:28 - Apr 29 with 2071 viewsTrueDaleBlue

Trust EGM update on 19:53 - Apr 29 by boromat

Andrew Kelly is the only one who cares and is more open, have you read his replies?
Trust EGM update on 21:58 - Apr 29 with 1973 viewsboromat

Trust EGM update on 21:28 - Apr 29 by TrueDaleBlue

Andrew Kelly is the only one who cares and is more open, have you read his replies?

"more open" not completely open. The way the article was written it was more than we got from 'The Club'.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Trust EGM update on 22:19 - Apr 29 with 1913 viewsSandyman

Well done Dale Trust for keeping us up to date with as much information as they can.

The bunker mentality and obfuscation of the current establishment is shameful at best.

If it gets messy, so be it. The future of the club is more important than any wage or ego that is living off it.

Edit: Four months after the event - STILL no answer as to WHY the manager got a contract extension despite numerous requests by fans and, I quote, Dale Trust's query:

"The circumstances behind the awarding of a new contract to the First Team Manager and the subsequent withholding of this information"

The age of "improved communication". Claptrap.

"Use the word claptrap when you're talking about overblown nonsense. The word comes from the idea of "a trick to 'catch' applause," and its meaning evolved to mean "showy, cheap talk" and also, to some degree, "nonsense."

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/claptrap
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 0:20]
Trust EGM update on 22:26 - Apr 29 with 1892 viewsTrueDaleBlue

Trust EGM update on 21:58 - Apr 29 by boromat

"more open" not completely open. The way the article was written it was more than we got from 'The Club'.

Really?
He is the acting chairman of The Club, and his answers told you nothing you didn’t know already.
Probably should of thrown him a curveball and asked him how he’s getting on with sourcing the suitable training ground he’s been looking for since year dot.
Trust EGM update on 00:22 - Apr 30 with 1774 viewsHopwoodblue

And yet in a couple of weeks they won’t be able to communicate enough when it’s season ticket time!
I’m guessing another big apology for the communication issues and in the same breath we need you to buy a season and if you don’t there will be no RAFC and it will be the fans fault for not stumping up the cash to keep us afloat.
I don’t think so Mr CEO them blame lies within the board room.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Trust EGM update on 05:55 - Apr 30 with 1690 viewsD_Alien

Just as a matter of interest, in the Current Trust Membership section at the bottom of the update, what does:

"N.B. 2020/21 membership window now closed" actually mean?

That the Trust no longer welcomes new members, for the time being?

Is there a limit, other than the date?

[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 6:09]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust EGM update on 09:08 - Apr 30 with 1482 viewsSandyman

Trust EGM update on 05:55 - Apr 30 by D_Alien

Just as a matter of interest, in the Current Trust Membership section at the bottom of the update, what does:

"N.B. 2020/21 membership window now closed" actually mean?

That the Trust no longer welcomes new members, for the time being?

Is there a limit, other than the date?

[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 6:09]

Usually, annual membership starts around May / June (ish) so it's fair not to accept an annual membership fee for just a few weeks before it expires. No doubt membership will be welcomed for 2021/22 when the time comes.
Do my membership on auto renewal and payment was taken on 7th May last year.
Trust EGM update on 10:09 - Apr 30 with 1383 viewsD_Alien

Trust EGM update on 09:08 - Apr 30 by Sandyman

Usually, annual membership starts around May / June (ish) so it's fair not to accept an annual membership fee for just a few weeks before it expires. No doubt membership will be welcomed for 2021/22 when the time comes.
Do my membership on auto renewal and payment was taken on 7th May last year.

Cheers Sandyman

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust EGM update on 10:49 - Apr 30 with 1323 viewsjudd

“the Club’s Articles from 1907 that demands a minimum number of Directors at the Club. With our resolutions involving all four directors standing for re-election, there was a risk that following an EGM, the Club would be left below the minimum number of Directors. “

The articles that the club provided me with last year are dated 18th July 2010 and reference the Companies (Consolidation) Act of 1908.

Where does 1907 come into this argument?

Clause 76 of these articles states “The number of Directors shall not be less than seven and not more than fifteen”

(There are also several references to a Secretary in the articles, a vacant position since John Smallwood resigned months ago.)

With regards the calling of an extraordinary general meeting, clause 57 states “If at any time there shall not be present in England and capable of acting sufficient Directors to form a quorum the then continuing Director or Directors in England capable of acting, or if there shall be no Directors, then any five members may commence an extraordinary meeting of the Company.”
(I think 49thSeasons mention of 3 for a quorum refers to a general meeting)

Clause 92: “The Company in general meeting may by special or extraordinary resolution remove any Director before the expiration of his period of office and may by an extraordinary resolution appoint another person in his stead. The person so appointed shall hold office during such time only as the Director in whose place he is appointed would have held the same if he had not been removed.”

Clause 70: “ If any member be a lunatic or idiot he may vote by his Committee, curator bonis or other legal curator.”

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024