Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Virgil Van Dijk Song 11:05 - Apr 15 with 1740 viewsSaintNick

Impressive eh

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 11:10 - Apr 15 with 1222 viewsChesham_Saint

Not impressed; couldn’t the scouse tvvats think of a rhyme for “pikey cvnt”?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 11:16 - Apr 15 with 1220 viewsthis_charming_man

If we want any arse licking of liverpool we can turn on sky sports

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Would you welcome a gambling firm as short sponsor?

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 11:39 - Apr 15 with 1212 viewsSaintNick

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 11:16 - Apr 15 by this_charming_man

If we want any arse licking of liverpool we can turn on sky sports

This is no a*** licking for Liverpool it is just pure jealousy, St Mary's was like a morgue on Saturday with the same old songs, when was the last time any of us went into a bar after the game and everyone was singing like this

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 11:48 - Apr 15 with 1201 viewsfranniesTache

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 11:39 - Apr 15 by SaintNick

This is no a*** licking for Liverpool it is just pure jealousy, St Mary's was like a morgue on Saturday with the same old songs, when was the last time any of us went into a bar after the game and everyone was singing like this

Pretty much every bar/club in Liverpool after the cup semi final was full of our fans doing just that, you see it's pretty easy to have this kind of atmosphere around a place when you're winning games.
Virgil Van Dijk Song on 11:54 - Apr 15 with 1191 viewsChesham_Saint

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 11:39 - Apr 15 by SaintNick

I agree we need to be more inventive, but as Frannie says below, that’s a lot easier with a massively successful team. Oh, and also having the legendary, self deprecating, none self-pitying, world famous, scouse wit.

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 11:55 - Apr 15 with 1194 viewsSaintNick

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 11:48 - Apr 15 by franniesTache

Pretty much every bar/club in Liverpool after the cup semi final was full of our fans doing just that, you see it's pretty easy to have this kind of atmosphere around a place when you're winning games.

You are right it is easy when you are winning games, so that is once in the last few years, last season when we got to a semi we could not even sell out our tickets.

People on here love to say that the scousers are always the victims etc, yet when I put up something about poor attendances or a lack of atmosphere, I am always shouted down with excuses about something or other about why people cant attend a game

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 12:00 - Apr 15 with 1181 viewsChesham_Saint

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 11:55 - Apr 15 by SaintNick

You are right it is easy when you are winning games, so that is once in the last few years, last season when we got to a semi we could not even sell out our tickets.

People on here love to say that the scousers are always the victims etc, yet when I put up something about poor attendances or a lack of atmosphere, I am always shouted down with excuses about something or other about why people cant attend a game

The thing is though Nick, scousers do like to pay the victim card a lot. And non scousers are just a tad sick of it.

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 12:20 - Apr 15 with 1172 viewsSaintNick

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 12:00 - Apr 15 by Chesham_Saint

The thing is though Nick, scousers do like to pay the victim card a lot. And non scousers are just a tad sick of it.

Actually I dont think they do play the victim card, that card is thrown in their faces, it has now been proved that Hillsborough was a gross miscarriage and that Liverpool fans were smeared by the government, police and the media, no one is denying that.

Liverpool fought for almost three decades to clear their names, they never said they were the victims, they stood up for the truth, that is all they wanted.

If it was subsequently proved that they did do all they were accused of but still bleated on then yes you would have a point, but they were shown to be right.

Calling them murderers is a different matter, they have never denied their culpability for Heysel, yes they have pointed out the failings that day, but never have they turned round and said that the supporters were ultimately not to blame they co operated with the police and many Liverpool fans were extradited to Belgium for trial.

Those of us who were watching football back then, know that what happened that day would have happened if any other club had been in that final that day, Solent Toffee pointed out that Everton played in Rotterdam in the cup winner s cup final a week or so before with no trouble, but the circumstances were a lot different and Im sure he would not deny that Everton have more than their fair share of those who would have reacted in the same way.

Saints fans are becoming obsessed with everything Liverpool and cant seem to let it go, perhaps if we concentrated on making St Mary's a better atmosphere and making up a few original songs instead of constantly slagging off Liverpool and their support things would be a lot better.

Login to get fewer ads

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 12:53 - Apr 15 with 1126 views1ASIN12

Both Liverpool and Manchester United (Manchester United more than Liverpool to be fair) fans come up with a lot of original songs which then get copied by the rest of the league.

Maybe as they are the 2 biggest clubs in England with the fans base to match they have a lote more fans who can come up with different songs.

As for signing in pubs before or after the matches google on you tube “Bishops Blaize” this is where I believe a lot of Manchester Uniteds songs originate from.

Of course being successful also helps.

As for Saints then yes, we really do need someone to come up with some more varied songs (which dont include how much we hate Pompey) or a group of fans to get togather and come up with some.

There were over 25000 saints fans on Saturday there must be a few that can come uwith something different.

Its a shme that the Woolston Ferry song never really catches on, maybe the club shoud play it before KO..
[Post edited 15 Apr 13:18]

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 13:21 - Apr 15 with 1103 viewsgentlekenneth

Nick is actually trolling his own forum now by consistently criticising Saints fans and applauding Liverpool fans. Incredible stuff
Virgil Van Dijk Song on 13:24 - Apr 15 with 1098 viewsSaintNick

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 13:21 - Apr 15 by gentlekenneth

Nick is actually trolling his own forum now by consistently criticising Saints fans and applauding Liverpool fans. Incredible stuff

Im hopeful that someone might actually read this and go away and write a few songs etc, perhaps get a few flags.

Ive only criticised Saints fans for being obsessed with Liverpool

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 13:40 - Apr 15 with 1091 viewsWints76

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 12:20 - Apr 15 by SaintNick

Actually I dont think they do play the victim card, that card is thrown in their faces, it has now been proved that Hillsborough was a gross miscarriage and that Liverpool fans were smeared by the government, police and the media, no one is denying that.

Liverpool fought for almost three decades to clear their names, they never said they were the victims, they stood up for the truth, that is all they wanted.

If it was subsequently proved that they did do all they were accused of but still bleated on then yes you would have a point, but they were shown to be right.

Calling them murderers is a different matter, they have never denied their culpability for Heysel, yes they have pointed out the failings that day, but never have they turned round and said that the supporters were ultimately not to blame they co operated with the police and many Liverpool fans were extradited to Belgium for trial.

Those of us who were watching football back then, know that what happened that day would have happened if any other club had been in that final that day, Solent Toffee pointed out that Everton played in Rotterdam in the cup winner s cup final a week or so before with no trouble, but the circumstances were a lot different and Im sure he would not deny that Everton have more than their fair share of those who would have reacted in the same way.

Saints fans are becoming obsessed with everything Liverpool and cant seem to let it go, perhaps if we concentrated on making St Mary's a better atmosphere and making up a few original songs instead of constantly slagging off Liverpool and their support things would be a lot better.

I think it is also the proposed managed decline of Liverpool in the 80s that has pushed the 'Scouse, not English' attitude and then the perceived victim accusation. If what had happened to them had happened to me, I would have wanted them fighting my corner.

Still don't want them to win the league, but that is because of some of the players and the people who have never been buying in to all the YNWA stuff
Virgil Van Dijk Song on 14:41 - Apr 15 with 1047 viewsChesham_Saint

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 12:20 - Apr 15 by SaintNick

I’m not talking about Hillsborough, I meant life generally.

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 14:45 - Apr 15 with 1045 viewsA1079

I have to concede, quite impressive and imaginative.

I had a weekend down south on Saturday and fitted in a rare home game and I have to admit, apart from a few short bursts then Saints fans vocal support was pretty muted again. We really aren't that good at getting behind the team at home. I stood up on Saturday and tried to get something going and all I got was some odd looks (not altogether misplaced - but anyway, I tried). I sense it could change though. I feel a sense of change in the mood of the fans due to the hope and belief that RH has brought. With the right attitude and approach in the higher echelons of the club this summer, hopefully that can carry through to next season.

Away from home, we are not bad and I recall at Huddersfield away before Christmas when on mass we sang the George Michael Last Christmas tune to Ralph Hassenhuttl which was pretty imaginative and impressive.

We can be good, but it is normally away from home. Our range of tunes though aren't that great.

I think both McMenemy and Strachan equally said, it takes alot for Saints fans to get going but what we lack in passion we match in loyalty. Not sure how true that is.

The comment about Saints fans not selling out a semi at Wembley. We are far and away not alone there (add into the fact the negative feeling about last season overall). Many semis are not full. Teams like Liverpool and Man U have a huge fan base so they draw on people that support them as much in the south as in their native areas. Look at the recent semis. The stadium looked half empty. To be honest, semi finals should not and should never have been played at Wembley. The FA Cup has been messed about enough and none of it for the better and moving semis to the place where you are actually supposed to be rewarded for getting to the final has dampened the point of it to a large degree.

For all the criticism of Saints fans, I would still rather be a fan of Southampton any day, knowing I support the club and team from whence I come from and lived all my childhood than be a trophy seeking fan of a club in which I have no natural connection.
Virgil Van Dijk Song on 14:51 - Apr 15 with 1024 viewsthis_charming_man

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 13:24 - Apr 15 by SaintNick

Im hopeful that someone might actually read this and go away and write a few songs etc, perhaps get a few flags.

Saints fans being obsessed by liverpool? Maybe theyre following your lead?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Would you welcome a gambling firm as short sponsor?

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 15:17 - Apr 15 with 996 viewsChesham_Saint

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 14:45 - Apr 15 by A1079

I have to concede, quite impressive and imaginative.

I had a weekend down south on Saturday and fitted in a rare home game and I have to admit, apart from a few short bursts then Saints fans vocal support was pretty muted again. We really aren't that good at getting behind the team at home. I stood up on Saturday and tried to get something going and all I got was some odd looks (not altogether misplaced - but anyway, I tried). I sense it could change though. I feel a sense of change in the mood of the fans due to the hope and belief that RH has brought. With the right attitude and approach in the higher echelons of the club this summer, hopefully that can carry through to next season.

Away from home, we are not bad and I recall at Huddersfield away before Christmas when on mass we sang the George Michael Last Christmas tune to Ralph Hassenhuttl which was pretty imaginative and impressive.

We can be good, but it is normally away from home. Our range of tunes though aren't that great.

I think both McMenemy and Strachan equally said, it takes alot for Saints fans to get going but what we lack in passion we match in loyalty. Not sure how true that is.

The comment about Saints fans not selling out a semi at Wembley. We are far and away not alone there (add into the fact the negative feeling about last season overall). Many semis are not full. Teams like Liverpool and Man U have a huge fan base so they draw on people that support them as much in the south as in their native areas. Look at the recent semis. The stadium looked half empty. To be honest, semi finals should not and should never have been played at Wembley. The FA Cup has been messed about enough and none of it for the better and moving semis to the place where you are actually supposed to be rewarded for getting to the final has dampened the point of it to a large degree.

For all the criticism of Saints fans, I would still rather be a fan of Southampton any day, knowing I support the club and team from whence I come from and lived all my childhood than be a trophy seeking fan of a club in which I have no natural connection.

As ever, well said A1079!

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 15:31 - Apr 15 with 981 viewsfranniesTache

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 12:53 - Apr 15 by 1ASIN12

Both Liverpool and Manchester United (Manchester United more than Liverpool to be fair) fans come up with a lot of original songs which then get copied by the rest of the league.

Maybe as they are the 2 biggest clubs in England with the fans base to match they have a lote more fans who can come up with different songs.

As for signing in pubs before or after the matches google on you tube “Bishops Blaize” this is where I believe a lot of Manchester Uniteds songs originate from.

Of course being successful also helps.

As for Saints then yes, we really do need someone to come up with some more varied songs (which dont include how much we hate Pompey) or a group of fans to get togather and come up with some.

There were over 25000 saints fans on Saturday there must be a few that can come uwith something different.

Its a shme that the Woolston Ferry song never really catches on, maybe the club shoud play it before KO..
[Post edited 15 Apr 13:18]

The problem with new songs is that unless it's one of the same tired songs every single other clubs sings, or it mentions pompey it doesn't catch on.

God knows our group have tried with many songs, including the Woolston Ferry, but half the time you just get blank responses from those around you.

Ironically we even tried a version of Star Man for Nathan Redmond (before Palace adopted it), it never caught on, then Palace did it and everyone complained that we couldn't come up with songs like that.

Sadly it doesn't help that these days a lot of our away support are the bingo bus/shirt over a grey hoody type, when we had more groups of youngs lads on the p(ss in the lower leagues new songs would catch on far easier, now people revert to the ones they know, and Hat Kunt and his little gang just start the same 4/5 songs whenever there's a gap in noise, so we become boring and predictable

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 15:57 - Apr 15 with 948 viewsHeisenberg

Those Brighton pubs do put on a good show I must admit.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 16:51 - Apr 15 with 885 viewscocklebreath

Sat in block 33 with the kids and it was a great atmosphere saturday, you need to have a lie down Nick

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 18:24 - Apr 15 with 807 viewsRon11

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 16:51 - Apr 15 by cocklebreath

Sat in block 33 with the kids and it was a great atmosphere saturday, you need to have a lie down Nick

Have we forgotten that Liverpool illegally tapped up how many Saints players?
And Rogers "I have no sympathy for Southampton?"
And the badge kisser Lallana.
And the utter cu nt Lovren.
And Mane saying he wouldn't leave and then lording it around after the 1-3 win (despite Saints plucking the coont from obscurity)
And of course VanDijk not playing even when he was on the pitch for Saints.
Bunch of arrogant gurning trash.

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 18:29 - Apr 15 with 799 viewsJaySaint

did you film that yourself?
Virgil Van Dijk Song on 18:46 - Apr 15 with 774 viewsNumber_58

The atmosphere at St Mary's has been terrible for years. However, hopefully under Ralph we'll have more victories to cheer and more heroes to sing about. How about designating a 'singing' pub in Soton before games (like the one the Man Utd songwriters use in Manchester)? Even if it's regurgitating other teams' old songs it's still better than nothing, but I'm sure within our fanbase we must have some great budding songwriters who can come up with something original, witty and catchy. Then get the lad Freddie in there to film them and let social media do the rest. Why not suggest a pub and see how it goes?
Nick, you have more influence than you probably think. Back in the day, SISA and the fanzines got away fans kicked out of the Bike Shed and that improved the noise levels at The Dell immeasurably. There's no reason why the fans can't get together again to improve the atmosphere at St Mary's and at away games.

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 18:53 - Apr 15 with 760 viewsHappy_Jack

Nick's posts of adoration towards Liverpool and their fans pop up quite regularly on here.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who on this forum has the most impressive contact list on their phone?

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 19:06 - Apr 15 with 738 viewsChesham_Saint

Nick, re the flags... I’m sure you’ll have seen the Watford home terrace for the last few seasons? If not, there’s a load of large flags waved from their end which is actually quite impressive. I asked a Watford friend about this and she explained that the supporters have some kind of agreement with the club where flags are handed out to fans as they enter the ground and then handed back in after the game.

I’m not talking the shitty little red and white patches waved by those kids on the touch line on Saturday, but decent sized at least metre squared jobs that catch the eye.....

Virgil Van Dijk Song on 21:19 - Apr 15 with 640 viewsSaintsforeverj

Not impressed by this at all. I could find various examples of other teams doing some impressive singing (Wigan fans singing about Will Griggs comes to mind). Why choose Liverpool? These are fans who bombarded the Man city bus (amongst others) with objects before the champions league match. They are the only team (apart from the odd exceptions) that spoil things at St Mary's whenever we play them by getting in the home end and celebrating in our faces (complete lack of respect). Can't stand the club and some of their glory hunting fans from places like Cornwall! Plus they stole all our players and one of them illegally in the first instance! As for Saints fans, I was at Brighton speaking to to their fans who told me that one of our renditions of oh when the saints was some of the loudest singing they have seen at The Amex. Man city didn't sell all their tickets either for the semi final. It's easy for a club like Liverpool who have millions of fans across the world because they are successful. If Liverpool were near the bottom of the league for 3 seasons in a row, they would soon quieten down and probably lose some of their "fans" to the latest successful club. It's easy to wake up in Wiltshire or Wales or Switzerland and decide to support Liverpool because they are always successful. I for one would hate it if they won the league. We would never hear the end of it because they are so "in your face" and would be celebrating in other cities too, no doubt. I am Saints through and through and love supporting my home team. When Ralph brings back the good times, the fans will respond. Oh yes plus, in the League cup final, our fans were nationally congratulated for being much better than the man u fans. Let's celebrate how great our fans are, when the team gives us something to cheer.
[Post edited 15 Apr 21:37]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019