Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hats off to Monk 23:19 - Feb 20 with 5214 views2face

I think it's safe to say that Monk has exceeded most people's expectations with some truly astounding performances beating Cardiff and schooling Napoli today. Not only does the team look rejunevated and in great spirits. But there has been significant improvements in some key areas like our defence and how we use the wings.

IMO pretty incredible what he's been able to accomplish in a few short weeks. I can't wait to see what he can do long term.

Just wanted to put it out there. A lot of responsibility has been put on his shoulder. And he's doing a massive job.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 15:18]
Hats off for Monk on 23:25 - Feb 20 with 4237 viewsMolliemick

So far he has managed wonderfully. Tactically sound, closing down, every player working hard, loads of skill, excellent
Hats off for Monk on 23:25 - Feb 20 with 4206 viewsJackfath

He hasn't exceeded my expectation.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Hats off for Monk on 23:36 - Feb 20 with 4171 viewswaynekerr55

agreed. To quote some of the players "training is buzzing again and isn't about Laudrup showing everyone what a great footballer he is" (which everyone knows anyway (

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Hats off for Monk on 23:37 - Feb 20 with 4163 viewsVetchitBack

Hats off for Monk on 23:25 - Feb 20 by Jackfath

Me neither.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Hats off for Monk on 23:39 - Feb 20 with 4146 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Chico looks a different player and no theatricals.

Pablo looks a bargain now he's playing in his most effective role.

Our performances without the ball are unrecognisable from a few weeks ago.

And that's just a few obvious points.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Hats off for Monk on 23:40 - Feb 20 with 4136 viewsairedale

Hats off for Monk on 23:25 - Feb 20 by Jackfath

I was totally gobsmacked tonight at how few people left 5 or 10 mins b4 the end. Shames the regulars imo.
Hats off for Monk on 23:43 - Feb 20 with 4099 viewsjackharris

Hats off for Monk on 23:37 - Feb 20 by VetchitBack

Me neither.

I concur! I along with jackforever predicted he would be our manager one day. It was written in the stars!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Hats off for Monk on 23:44 - Feb 20 with 4091 viewsAndy1300

We are back!

I like the tempo, the closing down and the attacking play from us now

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

Hats off for Monk on 00:14 - Feb 21 with 3981 viewsDavillin

If I may be allowed to repeat myself a bit, please, by adding this to the above, with which I completely agree:

The team were as very well organized and self-disciplined as they used to be. No free-lancing and skylarking to speak of.

Thank you, Gaffer!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Hats off for Monk on 00:18 - Feb 21 with 3964 viewsbuilthjack

Good to see passion from the Manager, screaming instructions from the sideline, being involved in the game .

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Hats off for Monk on 01:04 - Feb 21 with 3900 viewsheadcleaner

I'd like to see a decent experienced director of football come in to offer advice and ideas as well as be a good influence in the foreign transfer market where monk might struggle. Or get some decent scouts in place.
Hats off to Monk on 02:28 - Feb 21 with 3834 viewsNatterjack

It's great to have our club back!
Hats off to Monk on 08:39 - Feb 21 with 3683 viewsdulaisjack

monk in charge has given the whole club a lift, under laudrup it just seamed doom and gloom , now get excited by every game knowing we are going to see passion and comittment, what would the last 4 results have been under laudrup would he have sent a team out to get in to napoli faces , so many points lost this season, we should not fear any one they should fear us.
Hats off for Monk on 08:45 - Feb 21 with 3652 viewsMattG

Hats off for Monk on 01:04 - Feb 21 by headcleaner

I'd like to see a decent experienced director of football come in to offer advice and ideas as well as be a good influence in the foreign transfer market where monk might struggle. Or get some decent scouts in place.

This is a good point, IMO - the transfer market is one place where GM might struggle, however if we keep playing the way we have been since he came in and his stock continues to rise, that might not be such a problem in terms of attracting players.

Where we might come up a bit short without additional help is in identifying "hidden gems" like Michu, Pozuelo, Canas and Amat and getting them in cheaply before the big clubs come sniffing around.
Hats off for Monk on 09:22 - Feb 21 with 3598 viewsRancid

Hats off for Monk on 08:45 - Feb 21 by MattG

This is a good point, IMO - the transfer market is one place where GM might struggle, however if we keep playing the way we have been since he came in and his stock continues to rise, that might not be such a problem in terms of attracting players.

Where we might come up a bit short without additional help is in identifying "hidden gems" like Michu, Pozuelo, Canas and Amat and getting them in cheaply before the big clubs come sniffing around.

Time to appoint a real scout then and not someone who's sat nav loses signal once it hits Teeside.I'm still amazed that Eric Larsen was listed as our chief scout.I don't think the club issued him a sat nav.
Hats off for Monk on 09:42 - Feb 21 with 3577 viewsjackforever

Hats off for Monk on 08:45 - Feb 21 by MattG

Thought we didnt sign ML players anyway? Wernt they all Huws?
Hats off to Monk on 04:47 - Feb 22 with 3489 viewsDJack

I have only one concern, which has already previously mentioned in relation to the vermin game. He spends SO MUCH time in preparation for games and therefore has very little sleep because he is so determined to succeed and I'm concerned for his long term health. I just hope that he can balance the demands of management and the demands/needs of his body as a burned out Garry Monk is of no use to anyone... especially himself and his family.

Anyway enough of my drunken thoughts... STiD. Garry Monk's barmy army!!!!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Hats off to Monk on 06:45 - Feb 22 with 3460 viewsdameedna

Director of Football? That decision need only be made in Summer. Someone like Glenn Hoddle may be of use. Can't think of anyone else. Oh, hang on, Sir John Toshack? He could do a job again. Reasons to be cheerful, Part 3.
Hats off to Monk on 07:37 - Feb 22 with 3424 viewsDr_Winston

Hats off to Monk on 06:45 - Feb 22 by dameedna

Director of Football? That decision need only be made in Summer. Someone like Glenn Hoddle may be of use. Can't think of anyone else. Oh, hang on, Sir John Toshack? He could do a job again. Reasons to be cheerful, Part 3.

Huw Jenkins is the DoF.

One of Monk's more onerous tasks should he get the job full time will be to keep Huw's not inconsiderable nose out of player selection.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Hats off to Monk on 07:59 - Feb 22 with 3408 viewsharemscarem

He has done well, but it is early days...

Hats off to Monk on 08:08 - Feb 22 with 3400 viewsWhiterockin

Hats off to Monk on 04:47 - Feb 22 by DJack

I have only one concern, which has already previously mentioned in relation to the vermin game. He spends SO MUCH time in preparation for games and therefore has very little sleep because he is so determined to succeed and I'm concerned for his long term health. I just hope that he can balance the demands of management and the demands/needs of his body as a burned out Garry Monk is of no use to anyone... especially himself and his family.

Anyway enough of my drunken thoughts... STiD. Garry Monk's barmy army!!!!

Are you his wife?
Hats off to Monk on 11:45 - Feb 22 with 3327 viewswaynekerr55

Hats off to Monk on 07:37 - Feb 22 by Dr_Winston

Huw Jenkins is the DoF.

One of Monk's more onerous tasks should he get the job full time will be to keep Huw's not inconsiderable nose out of player selection.

^^^ This

Brendan and Judas kept him quiet, but this is nothing knew. I know he used to collar Jackett regularly and ask him why he was playing certain players

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Hats off to Monk on 11:53 - Feb 22 with 3311 viewsDewi1jack

Not only are the team rejuvenated, but so are the crowd.
No longer are we "sleepwalking towards relegation."
The Jacks are back everyone.
Be loud, be proud and sing your hearts out everyone

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Hats off to Monk on 11:56 - Feb 22 with 3302 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Hats off to Monk on 11:53 - Feb 22 by Dewi1jack

I have to say there have been times this season when it felt remarkably like watching a Paolo Sousa team

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Hats off to Monk on 20:25 - Mar 15 with 3121 viewsGlyn1

Hats off to Monk on 11:53 - Feb 22 by Dewi1jack

How quickly things change in three weeks. Hopefully we'll bounce back over the next three weeks.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024