Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bielsa. 19:58 - Jan 10 with 3005 viewscostalotta

It's been been doing the round that Huw offered bielsa a 6 month contract. Does anyone else think that is at best mildly insulating? For a start, why wou.d bielsa want to come for 6 months being that is is from South america. Secondly, it doesn't suggest that we would have any faith in him if we thinking he may take us down. Furthermore, wasn't said that bielsa takes jobs where there is a 2-3 year project. SO can buld something.

All this couldn't find a manager, what rubbish, it doesn't seem to me we the club tried too hard.

Yes Curtis is a legend, but you've got to worry about his coaching and managerial ability here, and I mean no disrespect to the man.
Bielsa. on 20:01 - Jan 10 with 2954 viewsjack247

I would guess it was a 6 month contract with an extension and a pay rise or bonus if he kept us up. No inside knowledge or anything, but that's the only way I can see a short term deal being even remotely viable.
Bielsa. on 20:07 - Jan 10 with 2881 viewsPozuelosSideys

Its for the same reason we wont spunl millions and millions on players over this window like some want us to, its because if we go down, we'll be left with a massive financial exposure and a hole we wont be able to dig ourselves out of.

On one hand fans moan when we dont throw the cash around, then the same ones would put fingers at the likes of Bolton and Portsmouth, shake their heads and mock the boards of those clubs for getting them in that sort of situation.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Bielsa. on 20:15 - Jan 10 with 2799 viewscostalotta

Bielsa. on 20:07 - Jan 10 by PozuelosSideys

Its for the same reason we wont spunl millions and millions on players over this window like some want us to, its because if we go down, we'll be left with a massive financial exposure and a hole we wont be able to dig ourselves out of.

On one hand fans moan when we dont throw the cash around, then the same ones would put fingers at the likes of Bolton and Portsmouth, shake their heads and mock the boards of those clubs for getting them in that sort of situation.

I hear what your saying but I'm not sure I agree with the salient point .

The irony though... When we did spend money on a proper player... We sold him for nearly 30m and he scored goals for fun!

I'd be interested to know who scouted Bony as I remember Huw saying he was uncomfortable with spending that much.mthat alone tells me he was out of depth, in terms of player recruitment. Budget yes, work it out, spending budget, please no, leave to the pro's.
Bielsa. on 20:39 - Jan 10 with 2640 viewsicecoldjack

Bielsa. on 20:07 - Jan 10 by PozuelosSideys

It's a good comment but IMO the board are paying for eing a bit too cocky by throwing plenty of cash around badly!

To protect monk in his new job they got rid of spanish players on the cheap and over paid for paint by numbers signings likeGomis, Naughton,Eder,Tabanou,cork,Fernandez etc.

Not saying those signings were bad but they were the full market price, not clever signings on fair wages like the last crop.

That showed a clear lack of nous and a touch of arrogance IMO.

Laudrup dumped bartley first chance he got and tried to phase in a player to compete with leon, it was met with hystrionics by some but its the way to progress, and it was done on a budget.

Real money needs to be spent in certain areas, this is what we did with bony, the likes of amat,canas,poz wernt special but were good enough to do a job on fair wages while the big bucks were spent in the right areas.goals win games.

Huw/monk over paid for dross it seems.
Bielsa. on 20:41 - Jan 10 with 2618 viewswaynekerr55

Bielsa. on 20:39 - Jan 10 by icecoldjack

It's a good comment but IMO the board are paying for eing a bit too cocky by throwing plenty of cash around badly!

To protect monk in his new job they got rid of spanish players on the cheap and over paid for paint by numbers signings likeGomis, Naughton,Eder,Tabanou,cork,Fernandez etc.

Not saying those signings were bad but they were the full market price, not clever signings on fair wages like the last crop.

That showed a clear lack of nous and a touch of arrogance IMO.

Laudrup dumped bartley first chance he got and tried to phase in a player to compete with leon, it was met with hystrionics by some but its the way to progress, and it was done on a budget.

Real money needs to be spent in certain areas, this is what we did with bony, the likes of amat,canas,poz wernt special but were good enough to do a job on fair wages while the big bucks were spent in the right areas.goals win games.

Huw/monk over paid for dross it seems.

I agree with Amat Icey but f*ck me, Canas was bang average. The bloke had zero technical ability and the positional sense of Oldjack after 12 pints of Winnie Mandela

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bielsa. on 20:53 - Jan 10 with 2534 viewsicecoldjack

Bielsa. on 20:41 - Jan 10 by waynekerr55

I agree with Amat Icey but f*ck me, Canas was bang average. The bloke had zero technical ability and the positional sense of Oldjack after 12 pints of Winnie Mandela

Not saying he was a rock star mate, my point is that players like him could do a job while leaving money in the pot for the signings that will make a difference.

We seem to be paying a huge amount in wages to eeryone there these days, and that has left us fooked.
Bielsa. on 20:54 - Jan 10 with 2519 viewswaynekerr55

Bielsa. on 20:53 - Jan 10 by icecoldjack

Not saying he was a rock star mate, my point is that players like him could do a job while leaving money in the pot for the signings that will make a difference.

We seem to be paying a huge amount in wages to eeryone there these days, and that has left us fooked.

Can't argue with the last sentence, given the eye watering accounts

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bielsa. on 21:03 - Jan 10 with 2445 viewsvetchonian

Bielsa. on 20:53 - Jan 10 by icecoldjack

That's because we are Premier League we are Premier League
Your hero worship of Laudrup is becoming nauseous . His agent wanted to run all our recruitment including selling Ash yes Laudrup brought us some great times but also started the rot I'm sorry to say.
The board has been a little blind to issues this season but the high wages we now pay are a result of where we are and trying to do transfer deals "on the cheap"
[Post edited 10 Jan 2016 21:25]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Bielsa. on 21:22 - Jan 10 with 2358 viewsmax936

Fuk all this nonsense, we are to small as a club for him, its that simple I'm afraid, we apparently went all the way to South America to be told that when it could have easily been done by phone /email, fuk my eyes, Jolly Boys outing anyone.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bielsa. on 21:29 - Jan 10 with 2323 viewsmax936

Bielsa. on 20:41 - Jan 10 by waynekerr55

Wayne anyone that thinks Canas was worthy of a Preimeir League players position, championship player even needs their heads read, he was shocking, to have taken Leon's place like he did was a case of gross misconduct.

Bielsa. on 21:33 - Jan 10 with 2295 viewsChief

in my opinion there's no way in hell the usually renowned skinflint Huw Jenkins flew to and spent time in South America to talk to a well known manager on the world stage to offer him a 6 month contract. utter ballux

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:40 - Jan 10 with 2238 viewsicecoldjack

Bielsa. on 21:03 - Jan 10 by vetchonian

Your hero worship of Laudrup is becoming nauseous . His agent wanted to run all our recruitment including selling Ash yes Laudrup brought us some great times but also started the rot I'm sorry to say.
The board has been a little blind to issues this season but the high wages we now pay are a result of where we are and trying to do transfer deals "on the cheap"

Bielsa. on 21:49 - Jan 10 with 2179 viewsairedale

Bielsa. on 21:33 - Jan 10 by Chief

in my opinion there's no way in hell the usually renowned skinflint Huw Jenkins flew to and spent time in South America to talk to a well known manager on the world stage to offer him a 6 month contract. utter ballux

I agree. How do we even know for fact that he went there? And there's the viewpoint that that if he's only offering 6 months, then it's because he's got someone else in the frame going forward.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2016 22:20]
Bielsa. on 21:51 - Jan 10 with 2156 viewsjack247

Bielsa. on 21:49 - Jan 10 by airedale

I agree. How do we even know for fact that he went there? And there's the viewpoint that that if he's only offering 6 months, then it's because he's got someone else in the frame going forward.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2016 22:20]

Or because he doesn't want to be saddled paying monster wages if we end up in the Championship.
Bielsa. on 21:56 - Jan 10 with 2122 viewsChief

Bielsa. on 21:51 - Jan 10 by jack247

Or because he doesn't want to be saddled paying monster wages if we end up in the Championship.

so...
1) you think Huw would bother wasting time asking Bielsa for 6 months..

and you think

2) Bielsa wouls stay if we were to relegated?

doubtful on both counts

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Bielsa. on 21:58 - Jan 10 with 2108 viewsoldcob

What happened to the story that we had ten managers lined up and had whittled it down to two, the other eight not being good enough for us?
Bielsa. on 22:04 - Jan 10 with 2081 viewsjack247

Bielsa. on 21:56 - Jan 10 by Chief

so...
1) you think Huw would bother wasting time asking Bielsa for 6 months..

and you think

2) Bielsa wouls stay if we were to relegated?

doubtful on both counts

I don't know if he offered a 6 month contract or not. I do know they did meet up and length of contract was an issue.

1. Yes. I'd imagine it was more a short term contract with the promise of a longer one of we stayed up. I don't think he would offer a 6 month contract with the view to getting someone else in for next season if we stayed up.

2. No, but if he was on a 2.5 year contract on the type of wages he would command, we would have to either pay him off, or keep paying him wages we couldn't afford in the Championship until someone else came in for him. He wouldn't just walk away.
Bielsa. on 22:16 - Jan 10 with 1996 viewsmax936

Bielsa. on 22:04 - Jan 10 by jack247

I don't know if he offered a 6 month contract or not. I do know they did meet up and length of contract was an issue.

1. Yes. I'd imagine it was more a short term contract with the promise of a longer one of we stayed up. I don't think he would offer a 6 month contract with the view to getting someone else in for next season if we stayed up.

2. No, but if he was on a 2.5 year contract on the type of wages he would command, we would have to either pay him off, or keep paying him wages we couldn't afford in the Championship until someone else came in for him. He wouldn't just walk away.

Nonsense, HE TOLD US THAT WE ARE TO SMALL A CLUB FOR HIM, its that simple, can't mention names on here, but that is the truth.

Bielsa. on 22:27 - Jan 10 with 1935 viewsjack247

Bielsa. on 22:16 - Jan 10 by max936

Nonsense, HE TOLD US THAT WE ARE TO SMALL A CLUB FOR HIM, its that simple, can't mention names on here, but that is the truth.

'Can't mention names on here'

Did your source explain why HJ and MM flew over, why MB even bothered to meet with them, or what that 'hola' tweet was about then?

If he was not going to come regardless, that would have been made clear pretty early on and they wouldn't have flown out.
Bielsa. on 23:43 - Jan 10 with 1783 viewsmax936

Bielsa. on 22:27 - Jan 10 by jack247

Did your source explain why HJ and MM flew over, why MB even bothered to meet with them, or what that 'hola' tweet was about then?

If he was not going to come regardless, that would have been made clear pretty early on and they wouldn't have flown out.

Nope, but at a guess it was in a vain hope that they could convince him to come, but the end result was what I've said.

Bielsa. on 06:38 - Jan 11 with 1635 viewsjack247

Bielsa. on 23:43 - Jan 10 by max936

Nope, but at a guess it was in a vain hope that they could convince him to come, but the end result was what I've said.

After the initial meeting, they believed they had their man and it was just a case of negotiating.
Bielsa. on 09:39 - Jan 11 with 1484 viewsperchrockjack

Why didn't he skype

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bielsa. on 09:50 - Jan 11 with 1465 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bielsa. on 21:03 - Jan 10 by vetchonian

His agent's running of our "transfer policy" was a billion times better than Monks and Huw's running of our transfer policy though wasn't it?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bielsa. on 10:04 - Jan 11 with 1444 viewsfbreath

Bielsa. on 22:27 - Jan 10 by jack247

Is Hola the new Besic

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024