Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents 19:12 - Feb 19 with 10223 viewsPinky

Apparently it has "downgraded" the area. Some people even had the audacity to honk their horns while travelling along Newton Road because of a sign. Laughable. It's a nice little bar with a decent clientele (not that I go there very often).

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Mumbles-cafe-boss-unhappy-bar-customer-a
Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 19:33 - Feb 19 with 7829 viewsunion_jack

Reading the comments below the article, they seem to be in the main from interested parties!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents (n/t) on 21:38 - Feb 19 with 7667 viewsnice_to_michu

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 19:33 - Feb 19 by union_jack

Reading the comments below the article, they seem to be in the main from interested parties!!

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 12:11]
Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 21:42 - Feb 19 with 7646 viewsLoyal

The toilets are a great wnk spot if you are caught short.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 23:07 - Feb 19 with 7585 viewspikeypaul

Most of the locals are so far up their own rear ends its unbelievable.

The ones with real money are fine it's just the fur coat no knicker brigade
that p me off.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 07:55 - Feb 20 with 7454 viewsKilkennyjack

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 23:07 - Feb 19 by pikeypaul

that p me off.

Truth

Beware of the Risen People

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 08:51 - Feb 20 with 7405 viewsPapaLazarou

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 23:07 - Feb 19 by pikeypaul

that p me off.

Yep, nailed it.

It's alright for a couple of pints of Estrella a few times a year, but wouldn't make a habit of drinking in there.

They're certainly doing no harm though, keeping all that lot up on Newton Road...
Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 09:03 - Feb 20 with 7394 viewsJackfath

What? You mean many people who frequent bars in Mumbles have an air of "I've made it??"

Weekend millionaires living on the never never.

Pricks.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 09:15 - Feb 20 with 7383 viewsjack247

that p me off.

Peppers used to be a bit like that, not sure if it is any better now it's been renamed and has new owners. You don't see many locals in any of the bars at the top of Newton Road these days anyway.

For me, Morgans has a more pretentious clientele than anywhere in Mumbles these days.
Login to get fewer ads

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 19:18 - Feb 20 with 7197 viewsPinky

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 09:03 - Feb 20 by Jackfath

What? You mean many people who frequent bars in Mumbles have an air of "I've made it??"

Pricks.

It can be quite insular in Mumbles, it seems. Not all of them, mind. When I was just back from Africa last summer I went to Cafe Valance (the complainant in this article) for a pint with some friends and was asked why I was in "the village". That annoyed me quite a bit, as an (East)Swansea boy. I've never had that in Jones', where it's been quite varied. I only go down in summer though - I've no interest otherwise. Maybe some of them just don't like us East-siders going down there (pissing on their front doors and honking our horns).
Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 20:16 - Feb 20 with 7126 viewsBrynmill_Jack

that p me off.

What, there are Cardiff fans drinking there?????

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 22:14 - Feb 20 with 7044 viewsjackportis

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 19:18 - Feb 20 by Pinky

It can be quite insular in Mumbles, it seems. Not all of them, mind. When I was just back from Africa last summer I went to Cafe Valance (the complainant in this article) for a pint with some friends and was asked why I was in "the village". That annoyed me quite a bit, as an (East)Swansea boy. I've never had that in Jones', where it's been quite varied. I only go down in summer though - I've no interest otherwise. Maybe some of them just don't like us East-siders going down there (pissing on their front doors and honking our horns).

You will be known as a cwmer.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 23:20 - Feb 20 with 6994 views1973scott

mumbles is struggling has been for ages jones bar is cool just depends what you want

Good pint in the pilot
Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 03:40 - Feb 21 with 6924 viewsskippyjack

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 09:03 - Feb 20 by Jackfath

Pricks.

They're nonces down there mun.. intellectual aficionados.. without the intellect.

They stare at me as if i'm an alien when i frequent their presence.. they're the type that wake up in the morning, and start sniffing the air with their beaks.

Anyone on here from the mumbles?.. or is this place beneath them, and their aura of superior being.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 14:27]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 07:29 - Feb 21 with 6895 viewsKilkennyjack

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 03:40 - Feb 21 by skippyjack

They're nonces down there mun.. intellectual aficionados.. without the intellect.

They stare at me as if i'm an alien when i frequent their presence.. they're the type that wake up in the morning, and start sniffing the air with their beaks.

Anyone on here from the mumbles?.. or is this place beneath them, and their aura of superior being.

Rugby types most

Beware of the Risen People

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 07:50 - Feb 21 with 6869 viewssquarebear

If half of what's in that article is true then I can understand people's objections.

I can't say I've ever noticed Jones' Bar but then I don't venture into Mumbles after dark.

That little brewery place just behind Davies bakery is my haunt of choice.
Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 09:11 - Feb 21 with 6809 viewsmonmouth

Any 'pub' called 'somebody's bar' deserves to be shut down and set on fire anyway. What happened to proper pub names like the Donkey and Cock or the Horse's Arse?

Jones' Bar, Pfft.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 09:34 - Feb 21 with 6783 viewsHighjack

Is this what counts as news these days in south west wales?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 10:02 - Feb 21 with 6755 viewswaynekerr55

What a bunch of cūnts

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 10:16 - Feb 21 with 6731 viewsjack247

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 03:40 - Feb 21 by skippyjack

No, but I did used to live there. You do get the odd snob, but almost all are fine unless you have a persecution complex.

The real locals don't drink up there or in the George anyway, they go to the pilot, the ale house and to a lesser extent the Rose. Most of the people who actually live in Mumbles live in poky little fishermen cottages anyway, I don't think I have met a true local who looks down on anyone.
Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 11:15 - Feb 21 with 6692 viewsJackanapes

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 10:16 - Feb 21 by jack247

No, but I did used to live there. You do get the odd snob, but almost all are fine unless you have a persecution complex.

The real locals don't drink up there or in the George anyway, they go to the pilot, the ale house and to a lesser extent the Rose. Most of the people who actually live in Mumbles live in poky little fishermen cottages anyway, I don't think I have met a true local who looks down on anyone.

My brother lives in pokey little fishermans cottage (on village lane) and hes a fking a penniless looney. He does, however, look down on everyone, mainly because hes away flying with the fairies. There are allsorts in Mumbles.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 11:19]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 11:56 - Feb 21 with 6641 viewsjackportis

Isn't mumbles in Swansea. This is the Swansea forum. Those outside Swansea are a sort of immigrant although welcome to support swanseas team they should refrain from commenting on parts of Swansea however. Just saying.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 12:05 - Feb 21 with 6629 viewsexiledclaseboy

Nonces? Really?

Issues.

Poll: Tory leader

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 12:08 - Feb 21 with 6624 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 12:05 - Feb 21 by exiledclaseboy

Nonces? Really?

Issues.

No, he didn't say nonces.

He said "nonce's"

They're completely different.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 12:10 - Feb 21 with 6616 viewsexiledclaseboy

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 12:08 - Feb 21 by Joe_bradshaw

No, he didn't say nonces.

He said "nonce's"

They're completely different.

I was being kind. Nonce's what though? Or presumably there's more than one nonce in which case the apostrophe is in the wrong place. Confusing.

Poll: Tory leader

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 12:11 - Feb 21 with 6606 viewsjackportis

Jones' Bar Causing Untold Suffering to (Some) Mumbles Residents on 12:05 - Feb 21 by exiledclaseboy

Nonces? Really?

Issues.

If they are nonces I expect he has filed a factual report to the police. With regarding people staring at him. This happens all over the place in Swansea. Usually followed by a what u looking at, a frown, a moustache, arms wide out with pumped out chest not forgetting the spitting. I don't get his point.. Is he still wearing a shell suit/ curly perm still.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024