Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quietly confident? 10:19 - Aug 7 with 4834 viewsZut_Alors

Quite like the look of the team at the moment. Top 10 achievable again, me thinks.

Only caught the highlights of the Rennes game, but thought Fer looked excellent. Be interested to hear from anyone at the game, but he really seemed to put himself about.

For me, this has got to be the season where Barrow breaks through as a regular starter. As exciting as Montero can be, Barrow does seem to have something extra about him as he's got an eye for a shot too. Think we could do with another right back, but squad looks pretty good with Baston coming.

Edit — Just watched FG's interview too. Nice to see his English has improved to the point where he can go beyond: "they're a good team. We played well, etc." Will make his press conferences and post match interviews much more watchable. Good on you, Franco! YJB
[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 10:21]
Quietly confident? on 10:32 - Aug 7 with 3942 viewsFar_Post

Fer did put in a good performance yesterday, along with Jack Cork. I would start those two next week at the base of midfield with Gylfi ahead of them.

Barrow's pace will frighten many a full back this year definitely.

Blog: The C Word

Quietly confident? on 10:37 - Aug 7 with 3897 viewsdobjack2

Could do with a player who can play wide or off a big centre forward to allow a tactical change and has goals in him.

Problem not many of them about and they tend to be expensive
Quietly confident? on 10:45 - Aug 7 with 3859 viewsWxmJax

Hate to admit it but I am as well. Guidolin will get the best out of the team and Gylfi signing shows he's happy with him. I think it's going to be an exciting season. I was confident that the current team would stay up after the West Ham performance and hopefully the Spanish strike force will be the cherry on the top. I am surprised that we haven't brought in any defenders from Italy given the manager's background.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Quietly confident? on 10:51 - Aug 7 with 3819 viewsAngelRangelQS

I'd like to see a real class winger come in. One who can actually deliver a good cross.

Other than that I think we are in decent shape
Quietly confident? on 10:59 - Aug 7 with 3758 viewsDr_Winston

Add Baston and someone to replace Ayew and we're good to go.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Quietly confident? on 11:06 - Aug 7 with 3719 viewsJonnyTheJack

Can't see us adding another winger unless someone leaves. Barrow and Routs look 1st choice at the moment with Dyer and Montero on the bench.
Quietly confident? on 11:11 - Aug 7 with 3690 viewsdobjack2

Quietly confident? on 11:06 - Aug 7 by JonnyTheJack

Can't see us adding another winger unless someone leaves. Barrow and Routs look 1st choice at the moment with Dyer and Montero on the bench.

Probably right but I don't think there are a lot of goals in those 4 which will put pressure on gylfi and the centre forward
Quietly confident? on 11:12 - Aug 7 with 3690 viewsunion_jack

Quietly confident? on 11:06 - Aug 7 by JonnyTheJack

Doesn't anyone else think we should be getting another RB in. Naught on is ok but Rangel as cover doesn't inspire me. No disrespect to the legend that is, but he's past his sell by date unfortunately.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Quietly confident? on 11:19 - Aug 7 with 3644 viewsA_Fans_Dad

One of the most encouraging signs for me is the confidence the boys are playing with.
Most of the forwards and midfield are prepared to have a go at goal, gone is that look of being scared to try and passing the buck to someone else.
Which used to result in endless passing back and fore in front of the opposition penalty area.
Now the boys are making runs and shooting when within reasonable distance.
Quietly confident? on 15:37 - Aug 7 with 3419 viewsMillie

Quietly confident? on 11:19 - Aug 7 by A_Fans_Dad

One of the most encouraging signs for me is the confidence the boys are playing with.
Most of the forwards and midfield are prepared to have a go at goal, gone is that look of being scared to try and passing the buck to someone else.
Which used to result in endless passing back and fore in front of the opposition penalty area.
Now the boys are making runs and shooting when within reasonable distance.

Fer is the difference, he's direct and his passing is crisp, ala Ferrie
Quietly confident? on 15:47 - Aug 7 with 3369 viewsnantywatcher

Barrow is big money in the bank even before the season gets underway, his crossing has noticeably improved, perfect corner for the goal. For non playing planet swaners, playing at full back is at least 50% about your positional sense - Rangel is still good enough to battle for a place this season
Quietly confident? on 16:49 - Aug 7 with 3253 viewsnierika

Ive dubbed them the Spanish Armada! :D
Quietly confident? on 17:18 - Aug 7 with 3176 viewsMillie

Barrow has the world at his feet, his sub appearance had it all, assist, one scintillating run that Usain wouldn't have kept up with, a few good crosses and one cut inside and shot that was inches over
Quietly confident? on 18:03 - Aug 7 with 3112 viewsHighjack

Quietly confident? on 10:51 - Aug 7 by AngelRangelQS

I'd like to see a real class winger come in. One who can actually deliver a good cross.

Other than that I think we are in decent shape

I don't think our crossing has been that bad, set pieces aside. The problem we always had is that we were lucky if we had one body in the box and the likes of Gomis never bothered to attack anything, which made defending our crosses quite a simple exercise. Ayew had a fantastic leap and was great in the air but was always giving up about 6 inches to most CB's.

The likes of Llorente will terrify any centre half whenever the ball comes into the box.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Quietly confident? on 18:13 - Aug 7 with 3077 viewsClinton

Top 10 really difficult to crack this season, I think it will be
ManU. ManC, Liverpool, Spurs, Arse, Chelski, Everton, Stoke, Leicester, West Ham.
Even if we do really well, these others look really strong.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Quietly confident? on 18:21 - Aug 7 with 3028 viewsJack_Kass

Still need a new LB to replace Taylor

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Quietly confident? on 18:54 - Aug 7 with 2945 viewsandrew

Quietly confident? on 10:37 - Aug 7 by dobjack2

Could do with a player who can play wide or off a big centre forward to allow a tactical change and has goals in him.

Problem not many of them about and they tend to be expensive

Dear me, I sometimes wonder, how I never miss a second of any game, yet I come on here and people have no idea how people played or have little sense of how football works.

Fer was average at best yesterday, no where near good enough to start for us I think, jack cork was quite but done nothing wrong, wouldn't say they were both very good.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Quietly confident? on 18:57 - Aug 7 with 2928 viewsshandyjack

Quietly confident? on 18:54 - Aug 7 by andrew

Dear me, I sometimes wonder, how I never miss a second of any game, yet I come on here and people have no idea how people played or have little sense of how football works.

Fer was average at best yesterday, no where near good enough to start for us I think, jack cork was quite but done nothing wrong, wouldn't say they were both very good.

or maybe it's you that has no idea, Cork had a very good game yesterday, and fer did very little wrong all game

Poll: Expectation for the season

Quietly confident? on 19:04 - Aug 7 with 2890 viewsandrew

Quietly confident? on 18:57 - Aug 7 by shandyjack

or maybe it's you that has no idea, Cork had a very good game yesterday, and fer did very little wrong all game

Fer made the most mistakes out of our whole team and if anyone says different they couldn't have watched the game.

I thought Naughton VDH Dyer Routs Leon had better games, even Barrow.

Fer will do something amazing one min, and sloppy the next, never get why we paid so much for him.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Quietly confident? on 19:05 - Aug 7 with 2880 viewsraynor94

Quietly confident? on 17:18 - Aug 7 by Millie

Barrow has the world at his feet, his sub appearance had it all, assist, one scintillating run that Usain wouldn't have kept up with, a few good crosses and one cut inside and shot that was inches over

It hit the bar

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Quietly confident? on 19:08 - Aug 7 with 2860 viewsblaine_scfc

Quietly confident? on 18:54 - Aug 7 by andrew

I've got to be honest, I have never understood the Cork love in.

In my eyes he's a good squad player, as he was at Soutnampton, but I find it mad how some think it's a no brainer to make him captain. I must be missing something though because there's a few posters on here who know their stuff, or atleast in my opinion do, and rate Cork highly.
Quietly confident? on 19:10 - Aug 7 with 2844 viewsMillie

Quietly confident? on 19:04 - Aug 7 by andrew

Fer made the most mistakes out of our whole team and if anyone says different they couldn't have watched the game.

Fer will do something amazing one min, and sloppy the next, never get why we paid so much for him.

Because he's quality, I'll agree yesterday wasn't his best but I've been impressed over the 4 games pre-season ive seen, worth a slot everyweek and a steal at £5m
Quietly confident? on 19:10 - Aug 7 with 2844 viewsshandyjack

i wouldn't say £4m is that much for a player like Fer

Quietly confident? on 19:11 - Aug 7 with 2839 viewsshandyjack

Quietly confident? on 19:08 - Aug 7 by blaine_scfc

I've got to be honest, I have never understood the Cork love in.

In my eyes he's a good squad player, as he was at Soutnampton, but I find it mad how some think it's a no brainer to make him captain. I must be missing something though because there's a few posters on here who know their stuff, or atleast in my opinion do, and rate Cork highly.

i think he's a top player, covers a lot of the pitch, hardly ever loses the ball and always seems to be in the right place when defending.

Quietly confident? on 19:55 - Aug 7 with 2724 viewsFlashberryjack

I'f you think VDH had a good game, then maybe you didn't watch the game either.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 20:02]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024