Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? 08:50 - Jul 9 with 51280 viewsSTID2017

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2017/7/9/15942572/everton-transfer-rumours-
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Swansea+City
Loads of report suggesting it's a done deal at a bargain basement price for such a quality player
If this is the case then someone at the club needs shooting for selling him , especially at that price
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 8:53]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 18:24 - Jul 9 with 2272 viewsOldjack

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:49 - Jul 9 by DJack

For me, if we lose both of them we will have the problem of suitable replacements for them both AND getting them gelled with the team so that they hit the ground running as it were. (That said every season Siggy always starts a bit slow)

If we sell both of them and we fail to re-invest suitably and then spiral, then you will need to borrow Huw's bodyguards.

GET A COUPLE OF TOP NOTCH GERMANS IN

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 18:33 - Jul 9 with 2217 viewslonglostjack

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 18:24 - Jul 9 by Oldjack

GET A COUPLE OF TOP NOTCH GERMANS IN

Max Kruse - just saying - again.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 18:42 - Jul 9 with 2145 viewsbluenile

Siggy? I think he'll go, but as for the amount, most people are going into meltdown at the thought that we'll undervalue him. If you look at nearly all the sources for this news it's mostly from Everton Fan sites, and I even think Wales Online are merely repeating them. The final fee SHOULD be nearer 40 Million instead of 30 million, but let's wait and see, eh? I trust Clement, and if he signs more quality, as he has done lately, then I believe we'll be a top half club, playing exciting football.....................nobody, and I mean NOBODY, is bigger than this club.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 18:45 - Jul 9 with 2114 viewsbluenile

It does appear that Spurs are back in for him as well, and it also appears that we've possibly slapped a 40 million price on his head. I'll settle for that.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 18:54 - Jul 9 with 2031 viewsKGriz16

Talk about mass hysteria. Holy sh*t, talk about his transfer when/if it's official what's happening with Sigurdsson. I trust whatever fee we will receive for him will be well negotiated, I just hope that it's properly invested into a decent replacement (something I trust PC with).

IF Sigurdsson is Everton bound, which I think is somewhat of a foolish move as he wont be numero uno there he'll be just another squad number, I think we will revert back to the 4-3-3 formation and invest the money into a decent left forward.

As much as I rate Sigurdsson, he isn't the be all and end all of the football club. I think he will discover the pastures aren't greener than they seem. I trust PC will have the contacts and knowledge available to replace him. Onwards and upwards. Uppa Swans!
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 18:55]
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:00 - Jul 9 with 1978 viewsAnotherJohn

This is a disastrous decision if true, especially if we also sell Mawson and/or Llorente. Every time a club like us swaps a successful player for cash it takes a gamble in the transfer market. because of unwillingness to pay similar money for proven ELP track record. That was the case even for a player like Borja Baston, and our experience with him shows that such gambles will sometimes fail. Even if Huw gets it right in spotting potential, such as happened with Llorente and Mawson, there will usually be a settling in period, which can be enough to get a club relegated. We barely scrapped through last season and the signal that we are willing to then sell our three best players is mind- numbingly depressing. The posters on here who think £30m is big money in today's market are living several years in the past, but we will soon be back to the small time if selling remains the norm.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:17 - Jul 9 with 1874 viewsTheResurrection

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:52 - Jul 9 by Loyal

The most perfect Swansea goal in years.
Can we honestly replace that level of ability.

Absolutely, and I'll tell you why. That cross was so good any striker could have scored it. It was literally BEGGING Llorente to NUT it...!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:24 - Jul 9 with 1807 viewsandrew

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 18:54 - Jul 9 by KGriz16

Talk about mass hysteria. Holy sh*t, talk about his transfer when/if it's official what's happening with Sigurdsson. I trust whatever fee we will receive for him will be well negotiated, I just hope that it's properly invested into a decent replacement (something I trust PC with).

IF Sigurdsson is Everton bound, which I think is somewhat of a foolish move as he wont be numero uno there he'll be just another squad number, I think we will revert back to the 4-3-3 formation and invest the money into a decent left forward.

As much as I rate Sigurdsson, he isn't the be all and end all of the football club. I think he will discover the pastures aren't greener than they seem. I trust PC will have the contacts and knowledge available to replace him. Onwards and upwards. Uppa Swans!
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 18:55]

Can't believe I'm reading some crap on here.

Siggy has almost single handedly kept us in the prem the last 2/3 years. He's the best we are going to have for a long long time, we will absolutely struggle to replace him.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:25 - Jul 9 with 1803 viewsDavillin

Your sports media is worse than the general media in the States -- by a long shot - and ours is terrible at printing rumors and pure fiction as "news" all the time.

An article in today's Daily Mail has as its URL its headline, and the story itself, that Gylfi is training with "ex-Swansea players" while on his way to Everton. but the video that accompanies the article was taken at the Swansea training pitch, on Friday, if memory serves me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/sport/video-1498161/Sigurdsson-trains-ex-Swanse

Plaudits to the poster above [sorry, I didn't note his name] for saying he'd wait until the matter is genuinely and officially concluded [my words, his thoughts]..

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:28 - Jul 9 with 1780 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:17 - Jul 9 by TheResurrection

Absolutely, and I'll tell you why. That cross was so good any striker could have scored it. It was literally BEGGING Llorente to NUT it...!!

Yes, "any striker" who is 6'5" with an impeccable CV playing for some of the best clubs in world football, as a top-quality targetman. One whom elite clubs/coaches such as Chelsea/Conte still want, because they know he's guaranteed quality.

Go ahead 'genius' name another one of those "any strikers" that just grow on trees. You really don't have a ffukkingg clue.

You're better when you're off "not hiding". Take a hint and trudge off back to Cardiff, scummer.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:31 - Jul 9 with 1748 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:00 - Jul 9 by AnotherJohn

This is a disastrous decision if true, especially if we also sell Mawson and/or Llorente. Every time a club like us swaps a successful player for cash it takes a gamble in the transfer market. because of unwillingness to pay similar money for proven ELP track record. That was the case even for a player like Borja Baston, and our experience with him shows that such gambles will sometimes fail. Even if Huw gets it right in spotting potential, such as happened with Llorente and Mawson, there will usually be a settling in period, which can be enough to get a club relegated. We barely scrapped through last season and the signal that we are willing to then sell our three best players is mind- numbingly depressing. The posters on here who think £30m is big money in today's market are living several years in the past, but we will soon be back to the small time if selling remains the norm.

Excellent post, Another John.

Hit the nail on the head perfectly. If you'll notice, the only people saying yes to that number are all old-timers without a clue about football.

They may remember the Swans in the '80s and whatnot, but the PL in 2017 is a whole different animal. If they want the glory days of the lower-leagues back, there's always Newport. Otherwise, they should pipe down and take a backseat, as the game has passed them by long ago.

I suspect they would prefer us to be relegated, and have the city of Swansea lose all those high-paying jobs, so they can carry on claiming they're the only 'TRUE' fans. Bunch of egotistical 'fackwits' they are.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:36 - Jul 9 with 1715 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 14:45 - Jul 9 by DafyddHuw

Beat me to it.
Why do the "experts" on here seem to think that Siggy can only play dead-ball football?

His free kicks and corners are a bonus, not a limitation.
The guy's a proper footballer. If you can't see that,you shouldn't be commenting.

Absoffukkingglutely, Dafydd (and Porthcawl and Private Partz).

Selective memories and idiocy are PS 'expert' specialties, as they lack any real knowledge of football. Siggy is a proper footballer that just so happens to be WORLD-CLASS at dead balls. That doesn't take away from his other skills, like you said, and I'm sure that some of these 'experts' understand this.

Res will twist and turn everything just to try and be alt-cool and pose, and Neathie is just his lackey. But I'm confident they know the truth, especially if they actually are Swans supporters (maybe they're just scummers).

Only an idiot or someone with an agenda would take their stance on such an important player to our history. One or the other, guys.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:38 - Jul 9 with 1696 viewsTheResurrection

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:00 - Jul 9 by AnotherJohn

I'm sorry mate but that post is just littered with falsehoods and inaccuracies.

Any transfer, in or out or contract negotiation is a gamble, and not just for us, but every club, even the big ones. Yeah, they won't have the threat of relegation hanging over them if they mess one or two up, but they are all gambles to a large degree.

And the willingness to pay similar money - for us - can only come from our wheeling and dealing. We rely on the one to fund the other, we just don't have the other natural resources so we can't have the moon on the stick.

For you Baston, I would come back with Scotland, Partley, Bony, Michu, Williams. For all the stick the Club gets in the market place, and some is rightly dished out, overall, we have a pretty good track record.

The settling in period is a bit of a myth at times, there are just as many players hitting the ground running as ones taking a bit longer.

And there was a massive and sole reason for the debacle of last season and it would have had NOTHING to do with the fact that had we had Siggy and Llorente to sell last Summer we would have had the same issue. Oh no, the Directors weren't at the races last season and our whole Summer's acquisitions was left at the back of the shelf and way down the pecking order in terms of priority.

There's no more or less to it - that's what happened.

And not living in the past - just realising it's a very competitive market and Siggy aint all that in the grand scheme of things.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:41 - Jul 9 with 1652 viewsTheResurrection

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:28 - Jul 9 by Nirvana

Yes, "any striker" who is 6'5" with an impeccable CV playing for some of the best clubs in world football, as a top-quality targetman. One whom elite clubs/coaches such as Chelsea/Conte still want, because they know he's guaranteed quality.

Go ahead 'genius' name another one of those "any strikers" that just grow on trees. You really don't have a ffukkingg clue.

You're better when you're off "not hiding". Take a hint and trudge off back to Cardiff, scummer.

LLLLLLLLLLLLlllllllleon could have headed that one in it was so on a plate.

Now ffffffffff uck off little spud.

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:44 - Jul 9 with 1623 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 15:40 - Jul 9 by jack247

I don't think many actually think that. He played great football behind two totally different types of striker in Graham and Bony. He has certainly had his moments with Llorente, although we haven't been as dynamic.

This was always going to happen at some point, will be very interesting to see what type and pedigree of #10 we bring in.

Its a blow, but if (and it's a big if) Clement gets the funds and the freedom to replace him as he sees fit, I don't see it being a disaster.

Simply put, this is all just speculation because Lukaku left. Everton have been linked with Siggy for a long time, and a lot of these "journalists" are lazy and work for click-hungry "publications". It's the ffukkingg Mirror, for Christ's sake. They're always right. Not.

Everton now have big money tied up in Barkley/Rooney/Klassen, already, and all of them perform best at CAM and are surely guaranteed ample playing time. Barkley is not a Pochettino-type player, and I can't see Spurs shelling out £40-50m for someone that doesn't fit his style, and no one else is coming for him.

Even if the Toffees did move Thick Ross, they paid/are paying a boatload for the other two. Doesn't make a lot of sense to bring in Siggy after the fact. Add in Sandro, who is a quality support striker, and there's A LOT of hungry mouths to feed, and they all prefer to play centrally.

I'm not saying it won't happen, it just doesn't make ANY sense based on the moves they've made this summer. They need a striker and quality wingers more than anything, and Siggy is neither of those. I'll reserve judgement until there's an actual deal, not everytime a blog writes about it.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:46 - Jul 9 with 1603 viewsjack247

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 17:51 - Jul 9 by tomdickharry

At Everton the options are -
New Striker to replace Lukakua (Will play)
Rooney (Will play)
Klaassan (Will play)
Barkley (Will play)
Davies (Will play)
Gueye (Will play)
Schneiderlin (Will play)
Wonder how Koeman going to fit Siggy in.

I couldn't care less about Everton and won't about Gylfi if and when he leaves, but unless they are signing Rooney as a striker (which I doubt), it does seem a strange one. Even if Barkley goes, it doesn't look a position they really need to strengthen. The Giroud rumour seems more of a fit.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:47 - Jul 9 with 1591 viewsplasjack

IMHO every player has a price, kissing the badge is only temporary, money is permanent in our selfish P/L.
Gone are the days of loyalty and a one club player.
Hope Gylfi stays but will not lose any sleep.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:47 - Jul 9 with 1590 viewsDarran

I'm told from a very very good sauce that all what Gylfi had said publicly about being happy and wanting to stay in Swansea is bollox and even though the Yanks have said to him he's not sale they'll sell him for £34/35million.

Seriously though there's a fuçking state on some of our fans,if he doesn't want to play for our great club he's a çunt that can go fuçk himself.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:48 - Jul 9 with 1584 viewsSwansea93

Not that it means alot but he's 1/6 on Sky Bet to join Everton.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:48 - Jul 9 with 1582 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:41 - Jul 9 by TheResurrection

LLLLLLLLLLLLlllllllleon could have headed that one in it was so on a plate.

Now ffffffffff uck off little spud.

Yeah, no.

Leon's a saint. End of.

He's not outjumping THREE Liverpool defenders ever, much less finishing at the same time.

Clueless "fack".
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:50 - Jul 9 with 1561 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:47 - Jul 9 by Darran

I'm told from a very very good sauce that all what Gylfi had said publicly about being happy and wanting to stay in Swansea is bollox and even though the Yanks have said to him he's not sale they'll sell him for £34/35million.

Seriously though there's a fuçking state on some of our fans,if he doesn't want to play for our great club he's a çunt that can go fuçk himself.

And the "very good sauce" is...???
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 19:51]
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:54 - Jul 9 with 1493 viewsTheResurrection

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:47 - Jul 9 by Darran

Heard the same a good while ago and I don't blame him for it. He's a foreign lad, he's ambitious and he'll have his eyes on more riches.

That's not unusual in our game - what is though is the fan-boy drooling led by the likes of Superwoman Nirvana and his merry band of sycophantic fanny-farts.

He's been gone for months, a lot of his performances showed us that - It's just the formalities to go through now and Nirvana is going to look the right plum he truly is.

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:57 - Jul 9 with 1454 viewsJack123

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/sport/video-1498161/Sigurdsson-trains-ex-Swanse Jumping the gun..?

If he wants to go, and as long as we get the best price, and also reinvest, no problem..we wouldn't be that fcking stupis to let it happen for another season!

In all honesty I would be surprised if it happens under clement, sure the roque mesa transfer pc and cm had a big input.

libera nos a malo

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:58 - Jul 9 with 1445 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:54 - Jul 9 by TheResurrection

Heard the same a good while ago and I don't blame him for it. He's a foreign lad, he's ambitious and he'll have his eyes on more riches.

That's not unusual in our game - what is though is the fan-boy drooling led by the likes of Superwoman Nirvana and his merry band of sycophantic fanny-farts.

He's been gone for months, a lot of his performances showed us that - It's just the formalities to go through now and Nirvana is going to look the right plum he truly is.

So your arch-enemy is now your bosom buddy, res?

Haha you really are desperate, aren't you???

And Superwoman? Ouch, that really stings.

Back to "not hiding", scummer.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:00 - Jul 9 with 1424 viewsSwansea93

Gylfi was smart in them comments he made, he basically said he'd go only if the CLUB wanted to sell, so when he joins Everton after privately telling the club he wants to leave, the fans will then blame the club and he comes out and says he loved it here he wasn't in a rush to leave but the club couldn't turn down the money oh and he can't wait to work with Koeman and the exciting project at Everton.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024