Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Wilfried Bony return thread 20:33 - Jul 16 with 19767 viewsGTCJack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-targeting

"Meanwhile, it is thought Swansea could be considering a move to bring former fan favourite Wilfried Bony back to SA1.

The 28-year-old enjoyed an excellent season and a half in South Wales before making a £25million switch to Manchester City in January 2015."

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 08:08 - Jul 17 with 3924 viewsnierika

Why do people think Llorente is going to move? You really think Chelsea is going to make him their #1? Who else is interested?
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 16:05 - Jul 17 with 3668 viewsLandore_Jack

He was not included in Manchester City's tour party to Houston.

#backtojack

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 16:33 - Jul 17 with 3601 viewsLoyal

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 08:08 - Jul 17 by nierika

Why do people think Llorente is going to move? You really think Chelsea is going to make him their #1? Who else is interested?

They will make him their numero 2.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 17:59 - Jul 17 with 3470 viewsBrynmill_Jack

No thanks. I'd rather see us play fluid attacking football with a more mobile frontman thanks

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 18:18 - Jul 17 with 3411 viewsmonmouth

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 16:05 - Jul 17 by Landore_Jack

He was not included in Manchester City's tour party to Houston.

Well no, he wouldn't be, right or wrong, they think he is shit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 18:24 - Jul 17 with 3387 viewsjasper_T

His son's closer to 28 than he is.
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 12:01 - Jul 18 with 3030 viewsAussieSwan

IF Llorente goes I would be all for it, so long as it is at the right price and we actually get the full amount we are still owed by City

He knows the club, the city, the fans, and banged isn't he goals for us. The money and the pressure of playing for City has gone to his head and definitely damaged his career but maybe a return to us could be the best move for everyone involved and what Wilf himself needs to reignite his career

Whether he'll swallow his pride and settle for a return to Swansea is another matter altogether. Might go to a weaker league for a bigger payday

I'd still love to see him back here though

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 12:05 - Jul 18 with 3015 viewsMarinaJack

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 12:01 - Jul 18 by AussieSwan

IF Llorente goes I would be all for it, so long as it is at the right price and we actually get the full amount we are still owed by City

He knows the club, the city, the fans, and banged isn't he goals for us. The money and the pressure of playing for City has gone to his head and definitely damaged his career but maybe a return to us could be the best move for everyone involved and what Wilf himself needs to reignite his career

Whether he'll swallow his pride and settle for a return to Swansea is another matter altogether. Might go to a weaker league for a bigger payday

I'd still love to see him back here though

he looked terrible last year though, couldn't getin a very average stoke team.

he also looked unfit and over weight not a great mix!

How many games has he started in the last 2 years?

On his wages I think it's too big a risk, chalk up another man city transfer that ruined a players career
Login to get fewer ads

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 12:22 - Jul 18 with 2953 viewsAussieSwan

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 12:05 - Jul 18 by MarinaJack

On his wages I think it's too big a risk, chalk up another man city transfer that ruined a players career

Wage cut would have to be a non-negotiable of any deal, certainly

Ironic that he scored 2 against us yet couldn't hit a barn door for the rest of the year

Not many games, you're right. But perhaps that is the problem - a lack of regular football. Give him some time week in week out in a Swansea shirt and who knows? He started slow in his first stint here and people wanted rid before he became almost unstoppable. Maybe history could repeat itself. Just maybe.

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 12:25 - Jul 18 with 2944 viewsMarinaJack

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 12:22 - Jul 18 by AussieSwan

Wage cut would have to be a non-negotiable of any deal, certainly

Ironic that he scored 2 against us yet couldn't hit a barn door for the rest of the year

Not many games, you're right. But perhaps that is the problem - a lack of regular football. Give him some time week in week out in a Swansea shirt and who knows? He started slow in his first stint here and people wanted rid before he became almost unstoppable. Maybe history could repeat itself. Just maybe.

He was fated to score against us wasn't he??

He was a class act, I really rated him not sure he has it left in him but I wish him well

Good player, good bloke
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 14:57 - Jul 18 with 2803 viewsDewi1jack

No from me.
Looked overweight and overaged last year.

Plus, he may have scored a few for us but was very, very wasteful in front of goal as well.
Sh1thot defending corners for us though.
Expensive replacement for Amat and VDH?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 16:55 - Jul 18 with 2671 viewsBorojack

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 14:57 - Jul 18 by Dewi1jack

No from me.
Looked overweight and overaged last year.

Plus, he may have scored a few for us but was very, very wasteful in front of goal as well.
Sh1thot defending corners for us though.
Expensive replacement for Amat and VDH?

No from as well made his millions looked disinterested last season.
Don't think he would want to come to us for a pay cut either.
Also looks about 38 now.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 17:07 - Jul 18 with 2630 viewstomdickharry

Don't think Mr Clement would entertain Bony,the player we once new and made a substantial amount of money out of has long gone,shame really.
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 17:29 - Jul 18 with 2541 viewsLeonWasGod

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 22:55 - Jul 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

Yeah, at best it would be very risky. He has done almost nothing over the last 2 1/2 years besides get older.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 22:56]

And injured.

The Bony of old I'd have no problem with at all. Trouble is we don't know if he's the Bony of old (his Stoke performances suggest he's not, but maybe he can recapture some fitness/form).

Would be a bit of of a gamble imo, but I'm sure the club would have the low down on his fitness and stats.
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 17:43 - Jul 18 with 2502 viewsTheResurrection

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 12:05 - Jul 18 by MarinaJack

There is a reason he didn't play under Hughes and for Stoke in general and it wasn't to do with his ability. He hardly played but when he did i.e. the game against us he showed us there and then what we've been missing.

If he's available, taking all the issues into consideration, for a cut price deal it's an absolute no brainer.

Best we've ever seen up front and he can still offer another season or two, no sweat.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 17:56 - Jul 18 with 2445 viewstrncjack

I think we would have to check his teeth ,as that is the only way you can check his real age , as he now looks more like 38 than 28 , This would be a gamble ,but what signing is,nt
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 18:45 - Jul 18 with 2331 viewsdobjack2

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 17:43 - Jul 18 by TheResurrection

There is a reason he didn't play under Hughes and for Stoke in general and it wasn't to do with his ability. He hardly played but when he did i.e. the game against us he showed us there and then what we've been missing.

If he's available, taking all the issues into consideration, for a cut price deal it's an absolute no brainer.

Best we've ever seen up front and he can still offer another season or two, no sweat.

Lot of money being talked about for a "28" year old who has done little since he left. He won't be on what he was at Man City but won't be cheap and unlikely to be much resale value.

Depends on what our style of play is going to be.
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 18:51 - Jul 18 with 2305 viewsDr_Winston

Is it only African players who make up their ages? Just asking to be sure.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 18:53 - Jul 18 with 2298 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 17:43 - Jul 18 by TheResurrection

Have to disagree Chris. Couldn't wait to get out of here so he can stay where he is. He's too slow and would be much less effective for us now than Llorente has been this season.

Best we've ever seen up front? No way.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 20:42 - Jul 18 with 2110 viewsBorojack

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 18:53 - Jul 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Have to disagree Chris. Couldn't wait to get out of here so he can stay where he is. He's too slow and would be much less effective for us now than Llorente has been this season.

Best we've ever seen up front? No way.

Not a patch on Bob Latchford.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 20:51 - Jul 18 with 2075 viewsjasper_T

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 18:51 - Jul 18 by Dr_Winston

Is it only African players who make up their ages? Just asking to be sure.

Quite a few South American "teenagers" have made their agents millions moving to Europe & Asia.
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 21:08 - Jul 18 with 2008 viewsJackSkellington

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 20:51 - Jul 18 by jasper_T

Quite a few South American "teenagers" have made their agents millions moving to Europe & Asia.

Apologies for being totally naive and everything, but where did the Bony being much older than he claims thing come from? I've only ever seen it mentioned on here, I've always assumed it's just a PS in-joke like escaped goat, sauce, etc etc. Is there more to it than that?
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 21:12 - Jul 18 with 1987 viewsMo_Wives

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 21:08 - Jul 18 by JackSkellington

Apologies for being totally naive and everything, but where did the Bony being much older than he claims thing come from? I've only ever seen it mentioned on here, I've always assumed it's just a PS in-joke like escaped goat, sauce, etc etc. Is there more to it than that?

When we bought him his grindr profile said he was 36.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 21:14 - Jul 18 with 1975 viewsjack247

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 08:08 - Jul 17 by nierika

Nobody thinks Chelsea are going to make him their main man. As an option from the bench when you want to go 2 up front or just chuck balls into the box, there are very few on his level.
N/A. on 21:16 - Jul 18 with 1958 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 3:31]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024