Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa 12:47 - Aug 13 with 18625 viewsEasternJack

Roque Mesa was an unused substitute this weekend as the Swans kicked off the new season with a goalless draw at Southampton.

And Clement explained that he wants to give the 28-year-old, who arrived in an £11 million deal last month, the opportunity to come to terms with the challenges of English football.

“Roque Mesa is a really good player and he is going to be a good player for this team,”

“But it’s going to take him a little bit of time to adapt to the tempo of this league because he has been playing in La Liga.

“I have worked in La Liga and I know the difference. In La Liga you get time on the ball to play, especially in midfield.

“But over here it’s very different. You don’t get that time and space to play because of the tempo.

“Roque will get used to that, but it’s going to take him a bit of time.”

“If we get players in, it will be good if they have a bit of Premier League experience,”

---
Thankfully that kills the Viera link, but probably reinforces the Joey, Bony and Chadli deals once/if Siggy goes

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 12:50 - Aug 13 with 7662 viewsDarran

Dear God.

What happens if we bring players from abroad in before the window closes they don't play untill October is it?

What a load of bollox.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 12:53 - Aug 13 with 7645 viewsHighjack

Ok I'll ask the stupidly obvious question.

How the hell is he going to get used to the tempo of the English game whilst sitting on the bench?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 12:53 - Aug 13 with 7636 viewsPrivate_Partz

Seems to be criticising the DOF for not getting in players experienced in this league. He obviously feels Mesa is not up to the job at the moment.
I didn't like the 'if we get players in' bit either.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 12:54 - Aug 13 with 7623 viewsDarran

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 12:53 - Aug 13 by Highjack

How the hell is he going to get used to the tempo of the English game whilst sitting on the bench?

The answer will be he didn't put him on incase we lost that point.

I get where you're coming from though Hije.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 12:56 - Aug 13 with 7614 viewsTheResurrection

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 12:53 - Aug 13 by Private_Partz

Seems to be criticising the DOF for not getting in players experienced in this league. He obviously feels Mesa is not up to the job at the moment.

Like I said yesterday his subs were a statement to to the Board.

He is clearly pissed off and the Trust do nothing.

Get a facking message out there and do it today!!!!

APPALLING PRE-SEASON - NO LESSONS LEARNED

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:02 - Aug 13 with 7570 viewsEasternJack

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 12:53 - Aug 13 by Private_Partz

That's also how I read it. I don't think Mesa is a PC signing. Totally out of order

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:06 - Aug 13 with 7535 viewsEasternJack

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 12:56 - Aug 13 by TheResurrection

Like I said yesterday his subs were a statement to to the Board.

He is clearly pissed off and the Trust do nothing.

Get a facking message out there and do it today!!!!

APPALLING PRE-SEASON - NO LESSONS LEARNED

Coming around to your way of thinking on PC.

I think if he had a stronger managerial track record as number 1 then he would be more forceful - probably with an ultimatum. As it is, he's got the Derby "failure" and a reputation as a solid number 2. Career wise, I don't think he can afford to tell HJ to shove it.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 13:07]

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:15 - Aug 13 with 7475 viewsE20Jack

He isn't going to adapt if he isn't going to play. Rubbish explanation.

I think PC is incredibly p*ssed off and I think its a great observation from the Res regarding it being almost a case of ''protest subs''. It didn't occur to me at the time, but think the assessment is spot on.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:17 - Aug 13 with 7464 viewsAngelRangelQS

I can see his point. Michu, DeGuzman and Chico were all terrible in their first league game for us
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:20 - Aug 13 with 7448 viewsraynor94

Absolutely farcical explanation

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:27 - Aug 13 with 7404 viewsclement

People on here love a moan don't they. Protest subs? More like, trying not to lose subs.

Messa will get minutes when we are in control of games, I am sure, not when we have backs to the wall and need everyone to be 100% switched on positionally. There are times to bed players in and yesterday wasn't that time.

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:28 - Aug 13 with 7389 viewsicecoldjack

A point i picked up on with this signing and said on here at the time was it seemed a bit odd that there was a little too much about the manager wanting him.

""The manager knows me, he knows how I play and what I can contribute to the team. I'll try to make the team play. "

" "I know he's like [Carlo] Ancelotti - he likes to play and wants to create a different Premier League team which likes to play. The manager is a person who knows how to play and that's something I really like." Mesa.

He knows him so well he doesn't even give him 5 mins on the field and says he isn't ready.

All seems a bit odd to me but very early days .
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:31 - Aug 13 with 7361 viewsE20Jack

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:27 - Aug 13 by clement

People on here love a moan don't they. Protest subs? More like, trying not to lose subs.

Messa will get minutes when we are in control of games, I am sure, not when we have backs to the wall and need everyone to be 100% switched on positionally. There are times to bed players in and yesterday wasn't that time.

Why do you think Fulton is more positionally sound than Mesa out of interest?

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:33 - Aug 13 with 7347 viewsraynor94

He's our £11 million star summer signing, and you want to give him time to bed in, on the bench? Minutes, he should be playing games!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:33 - Aug 13 with 7342 viewsNeath_Jack

He'll get minutes? He cost over £10m quid ffs, it's not like we signed him last week either. He's had plenty of time to bed in with the squad.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:34 - Aug 13 with 7338 viewsShonky

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:02 - Aug 13 by EasternJack

That's also how I read it. I don't think Mesa is a PC signing. Totally out of order

Its just a ride...

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:35 - Aug 13 with 7330 viewsNeath_Jack

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:34 - Aug 13 by Shonky

S'up Captain?

You think the manager signs players?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:38 - Aug 13 with 7296 viewsShonky

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:35 - Aug 13 by Neath_Jack

S'up Captain?

You think the manager signs players?

If he doesn't sign players, then "I don't think hes a Clement signing" is a gigantically fking stupid comment in the first place. Fking morons.

Its just a ride...

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:43 - Aug 13 with 7263 viewsNeath_Jack

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:38 - Aug 13 by Shonky

If he doesn't sign players, then "I don't think hes a Clement signing" is a gigantically fking stupid comment in the first place. Fking morons.

Hangover? You seem awfully aggressive today.

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:51 - Aug 13 with 7215 viewsWhiterockin

Agree 100%. Yesterday was a backs to the wall job when it was time to make the subs. The diamond was leaving us exposed wide and we were being pulled all over the pitch. I have only seen Mesa play once against Sampdoria and if he came on and played the same way yesterday we would have lost. Yesterday the game was in the balance and that is not the time to bed in players in the Premier League.
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:53 - Aug 13 with 7199 viewsTheResurrection

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:06 - Aug 13 by EasternJack

Coming around to your way of thinking on PC.

I think if he had a stronger managerial track record as number 1 then he would be more forceful - probably with an ultimatum. As it is, he's got the Derby "failure" and a reputation as a solid number 2. Career wise, I don't think he can afford to tell HJ to shove it.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 13:07]

Agreed. But I don't think it's Jenkins so much now.

Clement needs to get much more involved in transfers.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:58 - Aug 13 with 7155 viewsTheResurrection

Get minutes by fack...

He's our marquee signing!!!

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:02 - Aug 13 with 7121 views3swan

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:58 - Aug 13 by TheResurrection

Get minutes by fack...

He's our marquee signing!!!

Agree he can only get into the pace of the game by playing.

What I saw of him in his sub role against Sampdoria was very little to say he will start soon.
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:04 - Aug 13 with 7095 viewsr0ckin

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 12:53 - Aug 13 by Highjack

Not the right game.

Peace

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:09 - Aug 13 with 7044 viewsE20Jack

If we were talking about a midfield rock that he brought on in his place then I would see the point of the ''not the right game'' view. The fact he brought on Jay Fulton sort of negates that though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024