Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£45m deal for siggy agreed? 19:56 - Aug 15 with 19914 viewsforkbeard

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:19 - Aug 15 with 2910 viewsJokeren1943

If Gylfi wanted to leave - 45 million is a perfect price.

What matters, is there is time for Swansea to get those players they have wanted all summer , and to a fair price. If so - they have done a great deal this summer.

Only the next 2 weeks will show.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 20:24]
£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:20 - Aug 15 with 2895 viewsJackfath

You can say that again!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

£45m deal for siggy agreed? (n/t) on 20:21 - Aug 15 with 2883 viewsjack2jack

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:14 - Aug 15 by Jackfath

Just to let posters know, there's no such thing as "God".

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:22 - Aug 15 with 2869 viewsunion_jack

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:18 - Aug 15 by icecoldjack

Your right , siggy would have been sold a month ago..for £25 m

Yes, that post wasn't thought through. A tap in really.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:23 - Aug 15 with 2839 viewsWarwickHunt

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:15 - Aug 15 by nantywatcher

Quite amateurish, we tried being smartarses and got caught out. We were auctioning an item with only one bidder stood in the auction hall, so we were no position whatsoever to negotiate. I'm sorry to wind people up, but I'm convinced if HJ had been in charge of the negotiating the deal would have been put to bed a month ago. Hopefully the new owners will now realise they're not as sharp as they thought they were. Mind you this story could be yet another fairy tale.

"I'm convinced if HJ had been in charge of the negotiating the deal would have been put to bed a month ago"

Probably. Given his track record he'd probably have gift-wrapped and driven Siggy there once they went to £20m though.
£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:23 - Aug 15 with 2835 viewsraynor94

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:08 - Aug 15 by exiledclaseboy

So we stuck to our valuation guns for so long and now (if this is true) we've settled for the same deal we could have had three weeks ago.

Outstanding business smarts on display here.

He should have gone after the Barnet game, there was no turning back after that, I just hope we have deals in the pipeline

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:25 - Aug 15 with 2804 viewsPozuelosSideys

Good. Now Jenkins can pick up the phone this evening and confirm all those transfers already agreed in the pipeline. We expect them all in by the end of the week conknose or our pitchforks will be out

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:25 - Aug 15 with 2800 viewsicecoldjack

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:19 - Aug 15 by Jokeren1943

If Gylfi wanted to leave - 45 million is a perfect price.

What matters, is there is time for Swansea to get those players they have wanted all summer , and to a fair price. If so - they have done a great deal this summer.

Only the next 2 weeks will show.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 20:24]

In all honesty there is plenty of time to make deals, a lot of business is yet to be done,and a lot of decent players are out there, the burning question for us fans is can Huw be trusted to bring in the right players in the time frame ?

The answer to that question is fookin' burning !!
Login to get fewer ads

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:26 - Aug 15 with 2762 viewsnantywatcher

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:18 - Aug 15 by icecoldjack

Your right , siggy would have been sold a month ago..for £25 m

What a childish comment. NO!! For the £40 mill + that Everton offered.
£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:28 - Aug 15 with 2726 viewsTheKirkyLife

Glad to see it finally happen, pretty annoyed to see 'compromise' mean Everton field up £45 million again and we don't get £50 million or anything closer to it.

Time to get signing anyway - Chadli would be a decent start at the right price. Who knows maybe the Viera/Lima links will boot up again.
£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:28 - Aug 15 with 2709 viewsJack1

Does anyone actually know what the previous offers were? I've read all the gossip, but does anyone know for definite what amount we turned down before today?

People were saying a similar offer was rejected a few weeks ago, but is that true or is that just paper talk/gossip?

I'm just wondering if we've caved in just to get the deal done or if this is what we've always been holding out for?

Does anyone actually know?
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 20:29]
£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:29 - Aug 15 with 2697 viewsWarwickHunt

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:26 - Aug 15 by nantywatcher

What a childish comment. NO!! For the £40 mill + that Everton offered.

Do you think they plucked the £40m figure out of the air or was it a response to the £50m valuation from the Yanks?
£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:29 - Aug 15 with 2689 viewsJokeren1943

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:25 - Aug 15 by icecoldjack

In all honesty there is plenty of time to make deals, a lot of business is yet to be done,and a lot of decent players are out there, the burning question for us fans is can Huw be trusted to bring in the right players in the time frame ?

The answer to that question is fookin' burning !!

Agree, you can do alot in 2 weeks (and agree alot of quality players out there).

Clement knows who he wants.

The Swansea board will proberly allow 25 million of Gylfi money on new players - not more.
£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:31 - Aug 15 with 2651 viewsmajorraglan

If the rumours are true about £45m being on offer a few weeks ago and the club holding out for £50m but settling for the initial amount or worse then that's poor business.

I would like to have seen this all sorted a few weeks ago so that PC could have worked with the new players before the season started, now this seasons manager finds himself in the same place as last seasons manager with recruits coming in very late in the day.

Let's hope the money from GS sale is used well to reinforce the squad with good players who will improve things and not frittered away.

I also wonder if the truth around what exactly has happened re this transfer will come out? i for one would be interested to hear what has gone on.
£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:36 - Aug 15 with 2550 viewsnantywatcher

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:23 - Aug 15 by WarwickHunt

"I'm convinced if HJ had been in charge of the negotiating the deal would have been put to bed a month ago"

Probably. Given his track record he'd probably have gift-wrapped and driven Siggy there once they went to £20m though.

Silly comment again. Everton's opening bid was £40 mill. I'm a long long way off being a HJ fan, and I'm still waiting to see a list of all the"undersold" deals he did. £12mill for Jonjo, £25 mill for Bony etc. Where are these deals where he sold for half price? Genuine question, list them please.
£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:40 - Aug 15 with 2492 viewsKennedy

£8m for Sinclair, £15m for Allen looked great business too.

Even £12m for Williams was a good deal

Just call me JFK

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:41 - Aug 15 with 2466 viewsJackSomething

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:28 - Aug 15 by Jack1

Does anyone actually know what the previous offers were? I've read all the gossip, but does anyone know for definite what amount we turned down before today?

People were saying a similar offer was rejected a few weeks ago, but is that true or is that just paper talk/gossip?

I'm just wondering if we've caved in just to get the deal done or if this is what we've always been holding out for?

Of course they don't, but most don't let it get in the way of a good tantrum. Well done to you, Lisa and Flashberry for at least considering the possibility that this offer was structured better than the previous ones as far as we are concerned.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:42 - Aug 15 with 2417 viewsGlyn1

Ferdy by me... Apologies... Deleted.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 20:46]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:43 - Aug 15 with 2382 viewsOldjack

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:28 - Aug 15 by Jack1

No one will really know apart from those involved ,just grab the dosh and get some quality in asap

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:43 - Aug 15 with 2381 viewsPozuelosSideys

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:40 - Aug 15 by Kennedy

£8m for Sinclair, £15m for Allen looked great business too.

Even £12m for Williams was a good deal

They were.

Jenkins has historically been pretty good at getting decent fees for our better players.

Just a shame he often replaces them with sub-par shite at waaaay overinflated prices

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:46 - Aug 15 with 2332 viewsTheResurrection

YESSSDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

FACCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

YESSSDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

GET IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:49 - Aug 15 with 2285 viewsOldjack

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:46 - Aug 15 by TheResurrection

YESSSDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

GET IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ffs get a grip ,siggy hater

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:49 - Aug 15 with 2279 viewsjack2jack

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:46 - Aug 15 by TheResurrection

Happy then, yes!
£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:49 - Aug 15 with 2275 viewsJinxy

Think positive. Deal is done with the right ending for all - excellent fee, time enough to secure (hopefully) pre-arranged deals, 2-3 players in exchange for one (wages set aside of course!) and even a better playing style! I sensed Clement was frustrated after the Southampton game (it was a difficult one for all of us to experience) and probably told them enough was enough, hence £45M - who knows? Make the right signings now and we'll be OK in my view. Good luck Gylfi and thanks for all the hard work and commitment.
£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:49 - Aug 15 with 2269 viewsnantywatcher

£45m deal for siggy agreed? on 20:41 - Aug 15 by JackSomething

Of course they don't, but most don't let it get in the way of a good tantrum. Well done to you, Lisa and Flashberry for at least considering the possibility that this offer was structured better than the previous ones as far as we are concerned.

I could almost guarantee it was a weaker deal than the first upgraded offer. We have wasted weeks whilst the owners tried to draw a veil over their poor business judgements displayed in this deal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024