Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days 05:53 - Aug 16 with 11045 viewsSPboy

Whatever anyone thinks about Siggy he has played his part in some of the best away days of recent years during his 2 spells with us.

Especially the away day goals that will always remain in my memory, some
of the best away days ever:

-Fulham away 0-3 masterclass, the most complete performance I have ever witnessed by a Swansea side
-Wigan away , kept us safe & condemned Wigan
-WBA away - goals in the snow & the orange jerseys
-Villa Park - what a free kick
-Old Trafford - first ever league win, set up Ki then scored the winning goal -
not the start Van Gaal was expecting
-Anfield - the winning goal & history our first league win
-Old Trafford free kick, vital draw last season

Probably many more, these are just the games that I went to that I can remember

Not to mention the goals at home especially v Arsenal, Villa ... never missed a penalty either
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 15:07 - Aug 16 with 2028 viewsbyron

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 14:31 - Aug 16 by EasternJack

Gower better get himself back in shape first

Nice bit of cash back for the yanks, got their cash back already so not much matter now, even if we go down they still get a fair wack for 4 years. Plenty of high 5's going on at board level tonight....

Benny

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 15:22 - Aug 16 with 1990 viewslonglostjack

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 13:30 - Aug 16 by MrSwerve

Is Lukaku 'worth' £90 million?

That's the football market for you.

Yep. At these rates I must be worth over a hundred quid.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 15:39 - Aug 16 with 1957 viewsJack_Kass

The best player to ever have played for our club.

Interesting to see a stat on the BBC today that he covered more distance than anyone else in the PL last season, 433km. Thats over 200 miles ffs, yet not good enough for some who demand loyalty, but cannot return it with appreciation and respect.

Yet theres some on here who will tell you he should have gone in January, was holding the team back or was 'bang average'. Laughable. The guy was running his bollox off all over the pitch because he gave a s**t about keeping the club up.

The irony of human life is that we dont know what we have until its gone, well we'll certainly know we dont have Siggy this season, thats for sure, that 45m or whatever it is is already looking scarcely enough to replace him.

All the best Gylfi, the educated will miss you, the short sighted will miss nothing until its too late.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 17:12 - Aug 16 with 1854 viewsLeonWasGod

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 06:03 - Aug 16 by SwansNZ

He's a very good player, no doubt about it.

Not worth £45 million, but if someone wants to pay that, then great for us.

I suspect it won't be great for us, but we'll see. Big shoes to fill and the replacement(s) have got to be spot on. No Borja style mistakes or we could struggle big time.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 17:25 - Aug 16 with 1840 viewsburty

Im gutted to see Siggy go, but I hope he and his family well.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 17:46 - Aug 16 with 1825 viewsplasjack

When he hangs up his boots, will probably be the richest Icelander ever.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 17:57 - Aug 16 with 1820 viewsmax936

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 12:06 - Aug 16 by MrSwerve

'The saga' isn't over yet for me. The money we have got for Gylfi is great, but will mean nothing unless a decent chunk of it is reinvested. We need 2/3 players at the minimum before the window closes.

The cynic in me says that we will bring in 1 player (Chadli?) and miss out on the other targets.

I can't see anymore than one either tbh, stranger things have happened though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 18:26 - Aug 16 with 1787 viewsJackflack

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 15:39 - Aug 16 by Jack_Kass

Interesting to see a stat on the BBC today that he covered more distance than anyone else in the PL last season, 433km. Thats over 200 miles ffs, yet not good enough for some who demand loyalty, but cannot return it with appreciation and respect.

Yet theres some on here who will tell you he should have gone in January, was holding the team back or was 'bang average'. Laughable. The guy was running his bollox off all over the pitch because he gave a s**t about keeping the club up.

The irony of human life is that we dont know what we have until its gone, well we'll certainly know we dont have Siggy this season, thats for sure, that 45m or whatever it is is already looking scarcely enough to replace him.

All the best Gylfi, the educated will miss you, the short sighted will miss nothing until its too late.

Well you can say that but about Siggy but as much as he contributed to the teams goals and assists I don't think he was the most integrated team member with the Swans.
Andre Ayew scored quite a few goals but didn't quite fit in.
I don't think we're gonna miss Siggy as much as the likes of Ian Wright make out.
What we lose at the swings we'll gain at the roundabouts with the correct replacement.

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Login to get fewer ads

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 19:16 - Aug 16 with 1747 viewsJack_Kass

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 18:26 - Aug 16 by Jackflack

Well you can say that but about Siggy but as much as he contributed to the teams goals and assists I don't think he was the most integrated team member with the Swans.
Andre Ayew scored quite a few goals but didn't quite fit in.
I don't think we're gonna miss Siggy as much as the likes of Ian Wright make out.
What we lose at the swings we'll gain at the roundabouts with the correct replacement.

A player who scores goals, provides assists (doesn't count any less if its from a set piece) and covers more ground than anyone in the whole league, keeping in mind hes not exactly playing in DM, like a Kante.

Aye we wont miss that, as long as we can get 5 players in to make the short fall up.

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 19:36 - Aug 16 with 1714 viewsjack2jack

Sorry to see him go,however, we move on,there is life ( in the PL)after Siggy(hopefully)
All the best YJB.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 19:43 - Aug 16 with 1697 viewslondonlisa2001

With respect, you can only possibly say that if you've been watching the Swans for a relatively short time as he is genuinely nowhere near the quality of players like Robbie or Curtis or Leighton. Nowhere near.

I personally don't think he is anywhere near the player that Michu was.

The older generation would say that none of them could ever get near Ivor, or Cliffy.

I agree that he's been a great player for us by the way. I also think £45m for him is good business for a club of our size, with the proviso that we spend it rather than keep it.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 20:51 - Aug 16 with 1637 viewslonglostjack

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 19:43 - Aug 16 by londonlisa2001

With respect, you can only possibly say that if you've been watching the Swans for a relatively short time as he is genuinely nowhere near the quality of players like Robbie or Curtis or Leighton. Nowhere near.

The older generation would say that none of them could ever get near Ivor, or Cliffy.

I agree that he's been a great player for us by the way. I also think £45m for him is good business for a club of our size, with the proviso that we spend it rather than keep it.

Impossible to compare though really isn't it? Times change, boots change, balls change, fitness becomes a science. Would Siggy have hacked it in those days ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 21:02 - Aug 16 with 1616 viewsJack_Kass

Whatever your opinion, he's in the conversation.

Leighton James or Siggy would be a real headache for any manager though..

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 22:35 - Aug 16 with 1590 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The first sentence of your post has just blown any credibility you might have had .

A great free kick taker but not much else really. He was far more creative under Rodgers and can't even take a decent corner.

We've just mugged Everton for £45 million. He is not going to get them top 7 let alone top 4.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 01:02 - Aug 17 with 1544 viewsNirvana

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 08:44 - Aug 16 by Pegojack

I've got to say I'm gutted, we can't afford to lose players of that class, but in the modern era where money talks, it was inevitable.

I have very little confidence in the club using the money well to bolster our league survival, and if it wasn't for the Clement factor, I'd say we were nailed on for relegation. As it is, I'd say it's 50/50.

Excellent post, Hereford.

Siggy is irreplaceable.

But, that's the task at hand now.

We'll see if the club are up for it.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 01:05 - Aug 17 with 1542 viewsNirvana

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 12:55 - Aug 16 by Robert

Gylfi Sigurdsson's Premier League record for Swansea:

124 games
256 chances created
34 goals
28 assists

And now it's up to the club to replace that, Robert.

Gulp.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 01:15 - Aug 17 with 1532 viewsNirvana

Excellent post, Kass.

Couldn't have said it better myself:

"All the best Gylfi, the educated will miss you, the short sighted will miss nothing until its too late."

Thanks for the memories.
Thanks for keeping us in the PL.
I hope you enjoy Liverpool, it's a fantastic city.
So long Gylfi, you were a fantastic servant to the club for so long.
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 04:51 - Aug 17 with 1474 viewsSwansNZ

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 01:15 - Aug 17 by Nirvana

Excellent post, Kass.

Couldn't have said it better myself:

"All the best Gylfi, the educated will miss you, the short sighted will miss nothing until its too late."

Thanks for the memories.
Thanks for keeping us in the PL.
I hope you enjoy Liverpool, it's a fantastic city.
So long Gylfi, you were a fantastic servant to the club for so long.

" fantastic servant to the club for so long. "? it's Gylfi, not Leon. 3 years he was here.

A great player for us and instrumental to keeping us up, but he's gone to a rival now, so why wish him all he best?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 06:09 - Aug 17 with 1444 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 04:51 - Aug 17 by SwansNZ

" fantastic servant to the club for so long. "? it's Gylfi, not Leon. 3 years he was here.

A great player for us and instrumental to keeping us up, but he's gone to a rival now, so why wish him all he best?

A fantastic servant who always thought this club wasn't good enough for him. It's like some people have only started watching the Swans since 2011. Some unbelievable comments on here.
Irreplaceable??
When he left the first time Jonathan DeGuzman certainly replaced him adequately . Didn't cost the earth either.

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 06:52 - Aug 17 with 1427 viewsSTID2017

As an out and out Siggy fan, I've really enjoyed seeing him play, the goals he's scored and created.
I'm also really grateful for his massive contribution towards our PL survival over three separate seasons.
I wish him the best for his future (except when play us or Wales)
On the flip side I really think the transfer business has been handled badly by the Club and may leave us without time to get in adequate replacements.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 07:33 - Aug 17 with 1402 viewstoulouse

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 10:12 - Aug 16 by oh_tommy_tommy

Hubert's north of the border as we speak

Craig Sibbald of Falkirk.

I f*cking love Copenhagen.

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 16:54 - Aug 17 with 1286 viewsSPboy

Curtis, Robbie & Leighton played for us a different era. They were all local boys so may be you are looking back with the rose tinted ones on. Siggy has been every bit as good as any of those over a longer period.

Michu was a one season wonder who wanted out as soon as Laudrup was axed.

Siggy is up there with our best ever and the transfer fee we got for him backs that up.

I cant wait to see us playing this new fast dynamic game without him with Carroll, Ayew, Fer, Mesa, banging them in and creating chances for Abrahams.

We need to recruit 2-3 players just to replace what Siggy gave us
Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 17:16 - Aug 17 with 1275 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 16:54 - Aug 17 by SPboy

Curtis, Robbie & Leighton played for us a different era. They were all local boys so may be you are looking back with the rose tinted ones on. Siggy has been every bit as good as any of those over a longer period.

Siggy is up there with our best ever and the transfer fee we got for him backs that up.

I cant wait to see us playing this new fast dynamic game without him with Carroll, Ayew, Fer, Mesa, banging them in and creating chances for Abrahams.

So let me get this straight. Siggurdson has played for the Swans for 3 seasons and Robbie for 12 and Curtis for 10. But yet Siggurdson has played for us over a longer period?

No rose tinted specs from me. Robbie played up front, across the midfield and even qt full back in his latter years. He had a shot like a rapier , was a hard physical player who could tackle and could read the game superbly.

Michu may have been a one season wonder but had more impact than Gylfi in any of his three seasons here.

And by the way, he's been itching to leave since he got it into his hread that he was a top four player. Which he most certainly isn't.

As a matter of interest, were you born at the time when Robbie and Curtis playyed for us? Did you ever see them in their heyday?

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 17:23 - Aug 17 with 1259 viewsOldjack

2-3 players to replace one ? How's that gonna work ? ffs he's a footballer , not a god
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 17:51]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Goodbye Siggy - thank you for the days on 17:30 - Aug 17 with 1251 viewslondonlisa2001

Siggy was quite genuinely not as good as Curtis, Robbie or Leighton. Nothing to do with rose tinted specs,

The transfer fee has nothing to do with it and everything to do with the insane market in the premier league at the moment.

I liked him a lot, but people talking about him as though he was world class and irreplaceable need to get a grip.

14 teams finished above us last season, and not one of them had Siggy playing for them.

We may not replace him properly, but irreplaceable he ain't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024