Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why so obsessive with ex-players? 19:46 - Sep 9 with 4789 viewsDarran

So far today we've had threads about Allen,Flores,Shelvey and Williams.

Move on FFS you're like a pack of teenage girls.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 19:52 - Sep 9 with 3700 viewsJackfath

It's not often I agree with people on here but you're 100% correct.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 19:54 - Sep 9 with 3688 viewsDarran

Add Siggy & Ben to that. Five more for a team.

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 19:55 - Sep 9 with 3684 viewslifelong

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 19:54 - Sep 9 by Darran

Add Siggy & Ben to that. Five more for a team.

Was Llorente on the bench today???
Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 19:59 - Sep 9 with 3670 viewsjack247

Excellent post. Who cares how our ex players get on?
Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 20:03 - Sep 9 with 3657 viewsDarran

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 19:59 - Sep 9 by jack247

Excellent post. Who cares how our ex players get on?

I like you you're not a loveable idiot.

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 20:35 - Sep 9 with 3595 viewspencoedjack

Joe Allen should be a Swansea player & poor management by our recruitment team didn't make it happen

If fuks me off hence the reason I started the thread
Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 20:37 - Sep 9 with 3586 viewsDarran

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 20:35 - Sep 9 by pencoedjack

Joe Allen should be a Swansea player & poor management by our recruitment team didn't make it happen

If fuks me off hence the reason I started the thread

Joe Allen didn't want to play for us the minute he knew Liverpool were interested.

I don't blame him for trying to better himself but he still didn't want to play for us.

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 20:40 - Sep 9 with 3581 viewsjasper_T

Better than all your Rooney threads.

What else are we supposed to do on a Saturday we're not playing?
Login to get fewer ads

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 20:43 - Sep 9 with 3569 viewspencoedjack

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 20:37 - Sep 9 by Darran

Joe Allen didn't want to play for us the minute he knew Liverpool were interested.

I don't blame him for trying to better himself but he still didn't want to play for us.

Maybe you are more in the know than me but if the club had matched Stoke offer I'd be amazed if Joe would of chosen them over us
Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 20:57 - Sep 9 with 3525 viewsRancid

We're only upset or obsessive with players who we want to keep but they ultimately move onto bigger clubs.We then want them to fail because we want to believe it was a bad move leaving Swansea..It's small club mentality i think.But in fairness to us there's not many players who do leave and improve.

When Mark Gower left and joined Charlton nobody gave a shit.Apart from Rog.
Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 20:59 - Sep 9 with 3511 viewsDarran

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 20:43 - Sep 9 by pencoedjack

Maybe you are more in the know than me but if the club had matched Stoke offer I'd be amazed if Joe would of chosen them over us

Well he still fuçked off for Liverpool.

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 21:01 - Sep 9 with 3497 viewspencoedjack

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 20:59 - Sep 9 by Darran

Which most players at a club like ours would do my issue is we didn't match Stkes offer
Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 22:27 - Sep 9 with 3417 viewsGaryjack

Yeah, and that fvcker Wilfried Bony pissed of to Man City. Hope you doesn't show his face round ere no more!
Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 23:09 - Sep 9 with 3377 viewsSwanzay

Why you so obsessed with posters on here?
Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 23:14 - Sep 9 with 3361 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If you don't like the threads don't read them.

It's not difficult.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 23:27 - Sep 9 with 3339 viewsMorganator100

Won't be long before we want Ashley Wiliams back !!!

Everton fans want him gone, saying he has ben a terrible signing. Getting slaughtered on twitter. Also no love for Siggy on there either.

Harry Perkins‏ @bagger50 7h
Sigurdsson can piss off back to Swansea with Williams as far as I'm concerned

Bateseyboy‏ @Bateseyboy 5h
Not seen many tweets from the Sigurdsson lovers? Another anonymous performance. £45m for a corner taker
Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 00:27 - Sep 10 with 3294 viewsThursday

One man's ex-player obsession is another person's gender-identification obsession.
Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 00:37 - Sep 10 with 3282 viewsraynor94

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 20:43 - Sep 9 by pencoedjack

He would have chosen us, besides the fee, we wouldn't match the wages Stoke offered. And that came from Joe

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 00:41 - Sep 10 with 3277 viewsKilkennyjack

Funded our academy that deal did, according to some .. ...

Beware of the Risen People

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 08:29 - Sep 10 with 3187 viewsphact0rri

When you feel hard done by the business side don't we tend to want the worse for our former players? Just vengeful pride more than a parade of teenagers.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 08:37 - Sep 10 with 3169 viewsLoyal

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 00:41 - Sep 10 by Kilkennyjack

Funded our academy that deal did, according to some .. ...

Ive always admired your local produce posts, even though it's seemingly impossible for the club to expose any decent players in the whole of South Wales, even though many other clubs have very good young Welsh players from Liverpool to Arsenal etc ...even fcking Norwich ! And I know for a fact that Kwame Ampadu was laughed at when he offered his son Ethan for evaluation. Now look at him ...

I personally believe that those who rely upon Huw and his Scottish scout and a bloke in Holland to uncover local talent need scrutiny. Believe me that's what we have alongside two more blokes in Wales. Fcking useless. That's so 1965. Recruitment team ? We don't have one, we employ agents even at reserve team level. I am aware there is no mentoring system in place for kids at the academy and we have little interest in enhancing talent by including an educational system with a playing mentality to improve ability. Other clubs have more about them and have scholarships linked to university's that encourage parents to choose away from Swansea. Ok we have something in place, but trust me it doesn't compare to WBA or even Leeds United. For me it isn't about there being no talent, it's about lazy knowledge and accepting Huws Scottish imports, none of whom are good enough or a few European signings from the 'fck me I've been binned by my club' website.

Overhaul this and we have something tangible, accept the norm and Huw continues in safe mode, in full control and suffocating the opportunitys to sign local lads. Yes we have a very good u23 and have signed some very decent players, but a new Alan Curtis or Robbie James is out there, and maybe in abundance, it's just a shame Huw is trusted completely to find them with a couple of other blokes who let's be honest have uncovered fck all in five years.

Edit - if we had anything about us half of these young Welsh players, even 75% should be Swansea City products regardless of their place of birth or parentage. This is where we should be doing our homework, but we haven't got it in us, Huw is too staid and thick and anything beyond the norm will terrify him as he doesn't understand fck all about impactive creativity, planning, strategy or gathering intel on kids and their availability at all levels. Where is the Swansea blueprint for local youth enhancement ? Where is the young, vibrant recruitment team with assessment ability and the ability to teach and coach ? We are premier league in name only because Huw can't understand scrutiny and evaluation or know how to communicate and digest information. If he did these guys below would be Swansea City products. Yeah, I'm fcking on one.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38004845
[Post edited 10 Sep 2017 8:58]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 08:42 - Sep 10 with 3148 viewsChief

The interest, not obsession in our good ex players obviously stems from the fact that we know what they can do. Rather than discuss the merits of a player in a foreign league, we've witnessed the likes of Allen and Davies at close quarters over a sustained period of time. Plus they are Welsh internationals. So the interest is understandable.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 08:56 - Sep 10 with 3122 viewsItchySphincter

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 23:27 - Sep 9 by Morganator100

Won't be long before we want Ashley Wiliams back !!!

Everton fans want him gone, saying he has ben a terrible signing. Getting slaughtered on twitter. Also no love for Siggy on there either.

Harry Perkins‏ @bagger50 7h
Sigurdsson can piss off back to Swansea with Williams as far as I'm concerned

Bateseyboy‏ @Bateseyboy 5h
Not seen many tweets from the Sigurdsson lovers? Another anonymous performance. £45m for a corner taker

As I predicted. We f*cked Ash off with perfect timing and Gylfi already proved he's not a big team player. Good riddance.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 09:10 - Sep 10 with 3095 viewsDewi1jack

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 08:37 - Sep 10 by Loyal

Ive always admired your local produce posts, even though it's seemingly impossible for the club to expose any decent players in the whole of South Wales, even though many other clubs have very good young Welsh players from Liverpool to Arsenal etc ...even fcking Norwich ! And I know for a fact that Kwame Ampadu was laughed at when he offered his son Ethan for evaluation. Now look at him ...

I personally believe that those who rely upon Huw and his Scottish scout and a bloke in Holland to uncover local talent need scrutiny. Believe me that's what we have alongside two more blokes in Wales. Fcking useless. That's so 1965. Recruitment team ? We don't have one, we employ agents even at reserve team level. I am aware there is no mentoring system in place for kids at the academy and we have little interest in enhancing talent by including an educational system with a playing mentality to improve ability. Other clubs have more about them and have scholarships linked to university's that encourage parents to choose away from Swansea. Ok we have something in place, but trust me it doesn't compare to WBA or even Leeds United. For me it isn't about there being no talent, it's about lazy knowledge and accepting Huws Scottish imports, none of whom are good enough or a few European signings from the 'fck me I've been binned by my club' website.

Overhaul this and we have something tangible, accept the norm and Huw continues in safe mode, in full control and suffocating the opportunitys to sign local lads. Yes we have a very good u23 and have signed some very decent players, but a new Alan Curtis or Robbie James is out there, and maybe in abundance, it's just a shame Huw is trusted completely to find them with a couple of other blokes who let's be honest have uncovered fck all in five years.

Edit - if we had anything about us half of these young Welsh players, even 75% should be Swansea City products regardless of their place of birth or parentage. This is where we should be doing our homework, but we haven't got it in us, Huw is too staid and thick and anything beyond the norm will terrify him as he doesn't understand fck all about impactive creativity, planning, strategy or gathering intel on kids and their availability at all levels. Where is the Swansea blueprint for local youth enhancement ? Where is the young, vibrant recruitment team with assessment ability and the ability to teach and coach ? We are premier league in name only because Huw can't understand scrutiny and evaluation or know how to communicate and digest information. If he did these guys below would be Swansea City products. Yeah, I'm fcking on one.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38004845
[Post edited 10 Sep 2017 8:58]

Have to agree.
Seem to run into loads of people who've been watching their son playing football and recommended another kid for the Swans scouts to have a gander at, some of whom are now at other academies.
Fair few teachers out there have said something to the club as well about certain kiddies.

Fair play.
If a scout/ few scouts was/ were minded, they could be taking in a lot of schoolboy football games during the Autumn/ Winter and spring terms. Mostly during the office working day time as well.

Never know, one of our youth teams may actually produce the next generation of home grown players.
Reckon it'll be by chance rather than good forward scouting though.
How we managed to keep Ben and Joey to come through making a nice little profit is beyond me.
We really should be producing players good enough to at least make the squad by now.
Not even the keepers are close!!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Why so obsessive with ex-players? on 10:10 - Sep 10 with 3008 viewsOldjack

Says the guy who hunts for autographs and pics with the stars warra a t*at

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024