Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Catalonia declares independence. 14:44 - Oct 27 with 13692 viewsLohengrin

Here we go then, buckle up...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Catalonia declares independence. on 15:37 - Oct 28 with 1443 viewsLohengrin

Catalonia declares independence. on 15:26 - Oct 28 by Kilkennyjack

Well yes but.....as we all now ...

Slavery was legal
Apartheid was legal
British rule in usa was legal

So legal is not always right ....

"British rule in USA was legal."

Eh? If you're talking about the thirteen colonies then everybody, unless you were decked-out with a wampum belt and feathers in your hair was British. What other legal system would you expect?

Catalonia declares independence. on 16:21 - Oct 28 with 1408 viewsyescomeon

Catalonia declares independence. on 05:43 - Oct 28 by Lord_Bony

Why?

Geographically they are all in close proximity of each other.

All have come under the umbrella of.Catalonia in the past.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Didnt think they were involved in the referendum, not that anything has been done by the book by any side in all this.

Upthecity!

Catalonia declares independence. on 16:25 - Oct 28 with 1406 viewswestwalesed

Catalonia declares independence. on 13:32 - Oct 28 by PozuelosSideys

Catalonia doesnt have a Government, it has representatives in the Spanish Government. It is up to the Catalonia representatives to do this legally as per their constitution. What they did was totally illegal and non binding in Spanish law, this is the whole problem.

The way it was done in Sotland was the the right way to do it, although the UK constitution allows it, the Spanish one does not.

Fwiw, they should be allowed one, but they wont get one now. Itll be jackboots and truncheons instead.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2017 13:32]

We don't have a constitution, which is the whole reason why the UK is one of the most successful countries on Earth. It's able to adapt and mold to the times and yes, in the case of Scotland, back itself, make the case for Union and win. Reflecting on Catalonia makes me quite proud to live in the UK actually, with the way the Scotland situation was dealt with.

In the case of Spain, the fact that the constitution declares illegal independence referendums basically means it is a dictatorship. No dissent is tolerated.

That being said the whole thing has been spectacularly mismanaged by Spain. If they ahd allowed the Catalans a referendum akin to the Scottish one, the Unionist vote would have won and all would have been fine. Sending in the armed police to beat up voters has simply pushed more people (the unsures) into the hands of the Catalans and so now the Spanish cannot risk a referendum because they may lose!

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Catalonia declares independence. on 17:05 - Oct 28 with 1384 viewsLeonWasGod

Catalonia declares independence. on 20:18 - Oct 27 by SY1973

When did the UK, vote to join the eu ?

We've voted for closer ties with Europe and supported the expansion of the European project in every general election of the last 40 years. Every elected government had this in their manifesto. Until the referendum and then we changed our position.
Catalonia declares independence. on 17:56 - Oct 28 with 1354 viewsFlashberryjack

Catalonia declares independence. on 17:05 - Oct 28 by LeonWasGod

We've voted for closer ties with Europe and supported the expansion of the European project in every general election of the last 40 years. Every elected government had this in their manifesto. Until the referendum and then we changed our position.

I thought we voted to join the common market, which is a different animal from it's present form.

And I'm pretty sure if the electorate had known then what they know now, we wouldn't have joined in the first place.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Catalonia declares independence. on 18:26 - Oct 28 with 1344 viewsrockn

Absolutely correct, the UK Gov has been the most liberal in terms of immigration and East expansion believing it imperative to bring former Soviet States under EU control.

We used to believe in foreign policy and setting the agenda.

Our policies meant that those Countries joined, then when they did the EU allowed us to have transitional controls which the Germans and French put in place. But the UK took on a different strategy as Blair wanted to inflate the economy to boom further and win the next election while causing disquiet on the right of politics.

But of course it's all the EU's fault and nothing to do with UK policy. Take back control.
Catalonia declares independence. on 18:31 - Oct 28 with 1337 viewsrockn

Catalonia declares independence. on 17:56 - Oct 28 by Flashberryjack

I thought we voted to join the common market, which is a different animal from it's present form.

And I'm pretty sure if the electorate had known then what they know now, we wouldn't have joined in the first place.

So I'm assuming from your post that you support the common market.

Why are you then happy with the Government pulling us out of the customs union? Which is basically the old common market.

WTO was what we were before joined the old common market. Yet we're happy to become the sickman of Europe again to ""potentially"" reduce immigration and put economic rights in the hands of people like John Redwood, Daniel Hannan, Michael Gove et al who want to 'de-regulate' and 'lower taxes' code for slashing State spending and workers rights. I say that as someone who is hardly seen as a lefty.

But onwards we go. Tally ho. We had a vote, don't you know.
Catalonia declares independence. on 18:35 - Oct 28 with 1328 viewsexiledclaseboy

Catalonia declares independence. on 18:31 - Oct 28 by rockn

Why are you then happy with the Government pulling us out of the customs union? Which is basically the old common market.

WTO was what we were before joined the old common market. Yet we're happy to become the sickman of Europe again to ""potentially"" reduce immigration and put economic rights in the hands of people like John Redwood, Daniel Hannan, Michael Gove et al who want to 'de-regulate' and 'lower taxes' code for slashing State spending and workers rights. I say that as someone who is hardly seen as a lefty.

Suck it up, snowflake.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Catalonia declares independence. on 18:41 - Oct 28 with 1317 viewsrockn

Catalonia declares independence. on 18:35 - Oct 28 by exiledclaseboy

Suck it up, snowflake.

I pretty much have, I just read, observe and despair. It just amazes me how easy people are to manipulate, almost fascinating.

They are voting for less rights for themselves because they've bought into the belief the 'foreigner' is the problem.

One day it'll sink it, but it'll probably sadly be too late while the currency speculators make hay. But hey ho.
Catalonia declares independence. on 18:52 - Oct 28 with 1298 viewsSY1973

We have also voted for political parties that have taken us into needless wars , which have resulted in over a million deaths and the destruction of large parts of the Middle East. Does that mean the British people were happy with these wars ?.
Catalonia declares independence. on 18:53 - Oct 28 with 1294 viewsFlashberryjack

Catalonia declares independence. on 18:41 - Oct 28 by rockn

I pretty much have, I just read, observe and despair. It just amazes me how easy people are to manipulate, almost fascinating.

They are voting for less rights for themselves because they've bought into the belief the 'foreigner' is the problem.

One day it'll sink it, but it'll probably sadly be too late while the currency speculators make hay. But hey ho.

You assume far to much, at least Murdoch had to go to Downing Street.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/08/lobbyists-european-parliament-brus

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Catalonia declares independence. on 18:54 - Oct 28 with 1296 viewsPozuelosSideys

Catalonia declares independence. on 18:31 - Oct 28 by rockn

Dooooom! We're all DOOOOOOOMED!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Catalonia declares independence. on 19:01 - Oct 28 with 1287 viewsSY1973

Catalonia declares independence. on 18:35 - Oct 28 by exiledclaseboy

Suck it up, snowflake.

That’s the most sensible thing you have said on here.
Catalonia declares independence. on 19:04 - Oct 28 with 1286 viewsrockn

In reply to both posts, the EU will inevitably be lobby fodder every democracy will be lobby fodder for Corporate interest. It's the actions that matter, they have been resolute in standing up for consumers and on issues like the environment and tax:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jun/18/european-commission-to-crackdow

Oh look 2019 .... hmm

------

On the 'we're all doomed' comment. I'm hardly saying that, am I? My point is that we'll be a weaker Country, we'll have less influence and we'll be less economically strong.

The strong in society who largely voted remain i.e. those with qualifications and some level of affluence will be fine. The real sadness is those that voted for it in large part will suffer the consequences of a more Singapore style economy with producers struggling which will mean less manufacturing and less rights for those that want more workers rights. The entrepreneurs will find a way, the rich will still move around the World etc.

I might be wrong, maybe the Government in some machiavellian genius are going to produce this incredible 'deal' with their sharp brains and all this time it was hidden from view and people like myself will have to eat our words. But maybe not.
Catalonia declares independence. on 19:11 - Oct 28 with 1276 viewsNeath_Jack

rockn is to politics and current affairs, as MD10 is to transfers.

F*cking useless

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Catalonia declares independence. on 19:16 - Oct 28 with 1270 viewsrockn

Catalonia declares independence. on 19:11 - Oct 28 by Neath_Jack

rockn is to politics and current affairs, as MD10 is to transfers.

F*cking useless

Excuse me Sir, I'm looking to build an idiot can I borrow your brain?
Catalonia declares independence. on 20:15 - Oct 28 with 1239 viewsKilkennyjack

Catalonia declares independence. on 15:37 - Oct 28 by Lohengrin

"British rule in USA was legal."

Eh? If you're talking about the thirteen colonies then everybody, unless you were decked-out with a wampum belt and feathers in your hair was British. What other legal system would you expect?

Sorry Loh, u r correct as usual.

I meant telling the Brits to feck off was not ‘legal’. 1776.
Lots of proud welshmen basically told the king of England to feck right off.

Beware of the Risen People

Catalonia declares independence. on 21:32 - Oct 28 with 1203 viewsrockn

Catalonia declares independence. on 20:15 - Oct 28 by Kilkennyjack

Is Leanne the Rhondda rebel the woman to take up the fight, to destroy the hegemony, to overthrow the ruling class to take powers to the bay away from Westminster?

Maybe just maybe the time has come for Leanne that great intellectual giant Wood to step up. It's like Russia in the early 20th Century, the masses are with her. The proles will rise up against the tyranny. Leanne the great hope of our Nation.
Catalonia declares independence. on 21:49 - Oct 28 with 1195 viewsLohengrin

Catalonia declares independence. on 20:15 - Oct 28 by Kilkennyjack

The overwhelming preponderance of Welshmen under arms in the Americas at that time would have looked rather like this young chap.

Catalonia declares independence. on 22:23 - Oct 28 with 1180 viewsexiledclaseboy

Catalonia declares independence. on 21:49 - Oct 28 by Lohengrin

The overwhelming preponderance of Welshmen under arms in the Americas at that time would have looked rather like this young chap.

Did they all wear blusher?

Poll: Tory leader

Catalonia declares independence. on 22:37 - Oct 28 with 1170 viewsKilkennyjack

Catalonia declares independence. on 21:49 - Oct 28 by Lohengrin

No mun i mean on the winning side ....

16 signers of the Declaration of Independence were of Welsh descent: George Clymer, Stephen Hopkins, Robert Morris, William Floyd, Francis Hopkinson, John Morton, Britton Gwinnett, Thomas Jefferson, John Penn, George Read, John Hewes, Francis Lewis, James Smith, Williams Hooper, Lewis Morris, and William Williams. Only 56 signers in total, of course.

In addition to President Thomas Jefferson (whose autobiography tells that his family emigrated from a place "at the foot of Snowdon" in North Wales), there were many more leading citizens with at least some Welsh in their family trees who played instrumental parts in the founding of the new nation, including Presidents James Monroe, Abraham Lincoln, Calvin Coolidge and Richard Nixon as well as Vice President Hubert Humphrey. (President Jefferson Davies of the Confederacy could also claim some Welsh blood).

They kicked the kings butt 🇺🇸

Beware of the Risen People

Catalonia declares independence. on 23:26 - Oct 28 with 1157 viewsHighjack

Catalonia declares independence. on 22:23 - Oct 28 by exiledclaseboy

Did they all wear blusher?

That's sunburn mun. Welsh skin in the Nevada desert? It's a recipe for disaster.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Catalonia declares independence. on 01:08 - Oct 29 with 1135 viewspikeypaul

Great to see the remoaners are still hurting and cant accept democracy,sad feckers.

Only another 516 on my Brexit advent calender,happy days.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Catalonia declares independence. on 07:10 - Oct 29 with 1099 viewstrampie

The English will tend to be on one side of this dispute and the 'real' Welsh on the other side.

Imperialists stick together, groups that believe in freedom and equality will oppose them.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Catalonia declares independence. on 07:19 - Oct 29 with 1092 viewstrampie

Catalonia declares independence. on 21:32 - Oct 28 by rockn

Is Leanne the Rhondda rebel the woman to take up the fight, to destroy the hegemony, to overthrow the ruling class to take powers to the bay away from Westminster?

Maybe just maybe the time has come for Leanne that great intellectual giant Wood to step up. It's like Russia in the early 20th Century, the masses are with her. The proles will rise up against the tyranny. Leanne the great hope of our Nation.

I have heard that Leanne and Plaid would take the Welsh parliament around the country.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024