Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fighting at The Emirates 10:30 - Oct 29 with 12475 views1983

About 6 fans ejected yesterday looked like Swansea fans fighting amongst themselves, anyone know what it was all about?

Fighting at The Emirates on 20:44 - Oct 29 with 3202 viewsLohengrin

Fighting at The Emirates on 20:39 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

A collection without a silence etc means that people are less likely to give? With respect I think that’s nonsense and the point about remembrance silences happening earlier every year still stands. The only reason they’ve been happening this weekend is because EVERY football club now has to have one even if it’s three weekends too early lest they be accused of disrespect or some other such nonsense. There’ll be so many silences over the next couple of weeks that the important one on Remembrance Day will be “just another one”. It’s ridiculous.

Would you say that people would be less likely to give to Comic Relief if it wasn't on the telly?

The whole point of the rituals around the Poppy Appeal are to focus attention, I'm sure you get that.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 20:45]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Fighting at The Emirates on 20:44 - Oct 29 with 3199 viewsNeath_Jack

Fighting at The Emirates on 20:41 - Oct 29 by Darran

Well said I whole heartedly agree.

Stop f*cking brown nosing

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Fighting at The Emirates on 20:46 - Oct 29 with 3192 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fighting at The Emirates on 20:44 - Oct 29 by Lohengrin

Would you say that people would be less likely to give to Comic Relief if it wasn't on the telly?

The whole point of the rituals around the Poppy Appeal are to focus attention, I'm sure you get that.

You’re hardly comparing like for like there. In fact it’s such a daft comparison there’s no point in responding to it.

Poll: Tory leader

Fighting at The Emirates on 20:47 - Oct 29 with 3184 viewsLohengrin

Fighting at The Emirates on 20:46 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

You’re hardly comparing like for like there. In fact it’s such a daft comparison there’s no point in responding to it.

Indulge me.

Fighting at The Emirates on 20:52 - Oct 29 with 3158 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fighting at The Emirates on 20:47 - Oct 29 by Lohengrin

Indulge me.

No. People will give to the poppy appeal annually because it’s a well established tradition. It doesn’t need minutes silences at every sporting event for three weeks in the build up to Remembrance Day. It’s only happened in recent years in this all consuming way for a whole month give or take. The notion that people won’t donate if there’s no silence is too ridiculous for words. You know this.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 20:53]

Fighting at The Emirates on 20:52 - Oct 29 with 3154 viewsDarran

Fighting at The Emirates on 20:44 - Oct 29 by Neath_Jack

Stop f*cking brown nosing

I don't always agree with the prick though.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Fighting at The Emirates on 20:56 - Oct 29 with 3144 viewsNeath_Jack

A shop is where i buy/donate to the poppy appeal.

Can't ever remember doing it at the football myself.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Fighting at The Emirates on 21:03 - Oct 29 with 3124 viewslondonlisa2001

Fighting at The Emirates on 20:33 - Oct 29 by Lohengrin

Consider the dates these last few years, love. Every few months between August 2014 and November 2018 mark a significant centenary both in terms of historical significance and personal familial loss.

Of course they do. I had a great grandfather who was in the trenches and came back and apparently drank for the rest of his life. My grandmother wouldn't speak of it or him. I suspect all of us did.

That's not the point though. There is a pressure to be 'seen' to remember.

As an aside - he was a big Swans fan.
Login to get fewer ads

Fighting at The Emirates on 21:03 - Oct 29 with 3120 viewsLohengrin

Fighting at The Emirates on 20:52 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

No. People will give to the poppy appeal annually because it’s a well established tradition. It doesn’t need minutes silences at every sporting event for three weeks in the build up to Remembrance Day. It’s only happened in recent years in this all consuming way for a whole month give or take. The notion that people won’t donate if there’s no silence is too ridiculous for words. You know this.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 20:53]

All you're seeing now is the campaign being run on a far more effective, professional basis, Clase. Has it been effective? The fact that the totals collected are rising year on year speak volumes. The 2016 total was three times that of 1986, even allowing for inflation.

Later, dude. I'm up at ten to five.

Fighting at The Emirates on 21:07 - Oct 29 with 3109 viewsLohengrin

Fighting at The Emirates on 21:03 - Oct 29 by londonlisa2001

Of course they do. I had a great grandfather who was in the trenches and came back and apparently drank for the rest of his life. My grandmother wouldn't speak of it or him. I suspect all of us did.

That's not the point though. There is a pressure to be 'seen' to remember.

As an aside - he was a big Swans fan.

The old boy would have been landed if you'd married me!

Fighting at The Emirates on 21:07 - Oct 29 with 3109 viewslondonlisa2001

Fighting at The Emirates on 20:39 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

A collection without a silence etc means that people are less likely to give? With respect I think that’s nonsense and the point about remembrance silences happening earlier every year still stands. The only reason they’ve been happening this weekend is because EVERY football club now has to have one even if it’s three weekends too early lest they be accused of disrespect or some other such nonsense. There’ll be so many silences over the next couple of weeks that the important one on Remembrance Day will be “just another one”. It’s ridiculous.

I think that the 'event' fits with a bigger collection.

I agree with the wider point though.
Fighting at The Emirates on 21:12 - Oct 29 with 3088 viewsFlashberryjack

Fighting at The Emirates on 12:51 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

They did it it Old Trafford as well for the same reason. It’s ridiculous. Whichever games are played on Remembrance Weekend should be the games to have the tributes.

"ridiculous" !
Whats ridiculous about paying tribute to fallen heroes.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Fighting at The Emirates on 21:14 - Oct 29 with 3066 viewsDarran

Fighting at The Emirates on 21:12 - Oct 29 by Flashberryjack

"ridiculous" !

Thats not what he said is it?

Fighting at The Emirates on 21:19 - Oct 29 with 3046 viewsexiledclaseboy

"ridiculous" !

Yeah I said nothing of the sort but I knew some brainiac would come out with it. Typical.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 21:23]

Fighting at The Emirates on 21:28 - Oct 29 with 2997 viewsZZoric

"ridiculous" !

back on topic - we were heroes throughout - we fought hard against a top class Emirates outfit

we demonstrated a similar resolve to last year
Fighting at The Emirates on 21:30 - Oct 29 with 2985 viewsmajorraglan

If Arsenal want to hold a minutes silence to show their respect before their last home match before the 11th then so be it,the Swansea fans in attendance should have the good grace to observe it - end of.
Fighting at The Emirates on 21:36 - Oct 29 with 2960 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Fighting at The Emirates on 20:44 - Oct 29 by Lohengrin

I think that people are losing sight of Remembrance Sunday here.
If there are football matches on THAT weekend then of course hold the minutes silence at all of the grounds.
But doing it two weeks in advance is just ridiculous.
It dilutes the whole thing. In this case less is definitely more.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Fighting at The Emirates on 21:41 - Oct 29 with 2938 viewsDarran

Fighting at The Emirates on 21:30 - Oct 29 by majorraglan

If Arsenal want to hold a minutes silence to show their respect before their last home match before the 11th then so be it,the Swansea fans in attendance should have the good grace to observe it - end of.

That's not what they're saying my friend and I doubt very much if Arsenal had any choice in it it was most likely a FA directive.

Fighting at The Emirates on 21:52 - Oct 29 with 2905 viewsLohengrin

Fighting at The Emirates on 21:36 - Oct 29 by Brynmill_Jack

I think that people are losing sight of Remembrance Sunday here.
If there are football matches on THAT weekend then of course hold the minutes silence at all of the grounds.
But doing it two weeks in advance is just ridiculous.
It dilutes the whole thing. In this case less is definitely more.

I think people seem to be getting the actual Armistice Parade for veterans confused with the Poppy Appeal, Bryn. The Appeal lasts about a month, in earnest, and encompasses a host of activities right across the Commonwealth. The two are linked, of course, but it's not all about the weekend of the eleventh.

This time I really am off to bed.

Fighting at The Emirates on 23:58 - Oct 29 with 2798 viewsLoyal

Fighting at The Emirates on 13:14 - Oct 29 by trampie

There has been plenty of comment that the union flag and the poppy has been hijacked by Brit Nats and the far right as well as commercial big business trying to make money.

I often wonder who has hijacked our Welsh flag then quickly realise that nobody has because nobody outside of Wales gives a fck.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Fighting at The Emirates on 00:06 - Oct 30 with 2792 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Fighting at The Emirates on 20:24 - Oct 29 by Darran

Exactly there’s a collection at just about every game at the Liberty you don’t have a minutes silence to go with it.

There's no need for the 90 minutes silence that we get with every game at the Liberty these days.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Fighting at The Emirates on 01:54 - Oct 30 with 2761 viewsJack_Meoff

Fighting at The Emirates on 00:06 - Oct 30 by Joe_bradshaw

There's no need for the 90 minutes silence that we get with every game at the Liberty these days.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Fighting at The Emirates on 09:42 - Oct 30 with 2594 viewswhoflungdung

Joe.

Glad I didn't post that

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Fighting at The Emirates on 15:58 - Oct 31 with 2301 viewslegoman

Fighting at The Emirates on 19:13 - Oct 29 by Darran

Can't handle you?

Most people can't understand what the fuçk you are talking about.

Lol! I've long been in that category!

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Fighting at The Emirates on 22:46 - Nov 1 with 2060 viewslittleleon

I was 2 rows behind the 3 idiots that got ejected. 2 came in late and were loud and standing, they were asked to sit by an elderly lady and told her where to go. Her elderly friend then told them to F off and it kicked off a bit. They left but came back 5 min later with a friend, one of them as he arrived back said “look who’s back and I’m gonna stand in front of you for the whole match” and surprise surprise it kicked off again! The stewards stepped in and were there in numbers when a guy a couple of rows back shouted at them to F off and it kicked off properly and they tried to attack him but the steward were there and removed them. I was told that they were arrested for punching a female steward. To be fair the stewards were excellent and without them it would have been quite nasty! It was quite a scary thing for my son, I moved him away from the incident before it really kicked off or he’d have been caught in the middle! These guys were obviously drunk or high(or both?) and were an embarrassment to our fans! They were removed whilst it was 0-0 for the record! The other kids that got ejected later on - I’m not sure why, but as one of them was leaving he tried head butting the steward! His mate just seemed like he wanted to get kicked out with his mate??
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 22:53]

Poll: If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024