Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread 12:58 - Nov 16 with 61164 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 14:09]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 14:09 - Nov 16 with 13953 viewsLoyal

Welcome back

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:10 - Nov 16 with 13919 viewsspiderboy

3-1 away win
Fabs to save a pen in the last minute!
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:28 - Nov 16 with 13893 viewsswanseajack4eva

I had almost forgotten that we play in football matches!

Hoping the long trip to Turf Moor will be worthwhile.
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 16:38 - Nov 16 with 13826 viewswestwalesed

Undoubtedly a 2-0 away defeat

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 17:00 - Nov 16 with 13800 viewslegoman

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 15:28 - Nov 16 by swanseajack4eva

I had almost forgotten that we play in football matches!

Hoping the long trip to Turf Moor will be worthwhile.

Half our players have forgotten that we play football..............

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 18:10 - Nov 16 with 13727 viewsperplex

We will be doing ok but once these players realise there may be a chance of getting a win they will bottle it and we`ll end up losing by one.
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 18:40 - Nov 16 with 13688 viewsJackfath

If we can get a decent performance and gain a point I will be very happy. If we can get three points in a poor performance with the winner goin in off Routlege's bot I would be delighted.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 18:55 - Nov 16 with 13669 viewsTheKirkyLife

All talk, no change, manager sacked on Monday.

2-0 Burnley.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 19:08 - Nov 16 with 13651 viewsTummer_from_Texas

FINALLY - a healthy club!

Got a good feeling we grind out an ugly 0-1 win there.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 19:48 - Nov 16 with 13609 views3swan

For those going to the game

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/tribute-to-lifelong-claret-set-for-swansea-c
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 20:21 - Nov 16 with 13570 viewsmonmouth

Boring load of shit and lose by one goal. No intent whatsoever and some shallow excuse in the post match for why we only had one or two shots on goal. Bony and Sanches both get new hamstring or calf strains.

Business as usual.

I'm keeping my expecatations low on this one.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 20:42 - Nov 16 with 13539 viewsspiderboy

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 20:21 - Nov 16 by monmouth

Boring load of shit and lose by one goal. No intent whatsoever and some shallow excuse in the post match for why we only had one or two shots on goal. Bony and Sanches both get new hamstring or calf strains.

Business as usual.

pleased to see your looking at the positives!
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 20:53 - Nov 16 with 13523 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 20:42 - Nov 16 by spiderboy

pleased to see your looking at the positives!

Well.. we've had two weeks of training so I fully expect us to have 3 shots at goal at Burnley.

2-0 Burnley convert 2 of their 15 attempts
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 21:30 - Nov 16 with 13476 viewsGlyn1

Are there any good pubs in BLACKBURN rather than Burnley? - I'm hoping that there are a few Lancashire Jacks here who have local knowledge.

I'll be on the train from Preston and thought that I could risk drinking there in a Swans shirt, especially as Blackburn are away to Bury so the pubs shouldn't be jam packed. From there it's only another 30 minutes to Burnley by train.

Any recommendations?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 21:45 - Nov 16 with 13463 viewsFireboy2

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 21:30 - Nov 16 by Glyn1

Are there any good pubs in BLACKBURN rather than Burnley? - I'm hoping that there are a few Lancashire Jacks here who have local knowledge.

I'll be on the train from Preston and thought that I could risk drinking there in a Swans shirt, especially as Blackburn are away to Bury so the pubs shouldn't be jam packed. From there it's only another 30 minutes to Burnley by train.

Any recommendations?

I'm going from chorley and will probably go into the cricket club as it's a great place with no problems with the locals but if you want to jump off the train at Blackburn there is a pub just as you come out of the station there's a pub called the Adelphi on the right and if you come out and go left down jubilee st and turn right up darwen st there's a decent wetherspoons on your right after that you are struggling as there are others but they are rough as fvck

I am hopefully meeting a few northern jacks but don't know if it's in the cc or somewhere else so I will pm you when I find out ok matey
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 22:08 - Nov 16 with 13413 viewsFieryJack

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 21:30 - Nov 16 by Glyn1

Any recommendations?

Only pub I've been in in Blackburn is the Navigation Inn, a nice enough canal-side pub not far from Ewood Park, but in truth too far off the beaten track to bother with.

As far as Burnley goes, I'd recommend The Bridge Bier Huis, ten minutes walk from the ground, which has quality beer and a good, busy atmosphere.

Went there last season. Was rammed with Burnley, with a few Swans fans here and there having a good natter with the locals. Nice enough folk, but not a good idea to go in "giving it large". Treat them with respect and they'll do the same with you.

Cricket Club's ok - will be more Swans fans in there if that's what you want, but it's a bit sterile and lacking in atmosphere, like most social clubs.

Watch the stewards though - 2 years ago I turned up with a new Yale lock which I'd bought on the way to the ground. I was searched and had it confiscated, but was promised I could retrieve it after the game, but the steward who had it never turned up at the assigned place.

Robbing northern B-----d!
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 22:30 - Nov 16 with 13379 viewsFireboy2

Does the bridge beer huis let kids in as I'm taking my 11 year old
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 23:02 - Nov 16 with 13350 viewsZZoric

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 20:21 - Nov 16 by monmouth

Business as usual.

thats a pity - the ebullience and positivity after enjoying the performance against a v strong Arsenal was a welcome change

theintent, endeavour and structure was highly encouraging - and enjoyable

i'm keeping my expectations up
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 23:17 - Nov 16 with 13337 viewsbuilthjack

0-3

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 23:20 - Nov 16 with 13330 viewsOldjack

I'm hoping for at least a draw

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 23:54 - Nov 16 with 13288 viewsunion_jack

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 23:02 - Nov 16 by ZZoric

thats a pity - the ebullience and positivity after enjoying the performance against a v strong Arsenal was a welcome change

theintent, endeavour and structure was highly encouraging - and enjoyable

i'm keeping my expectations up

As much as I'd like to think Monny's post was pessimistic, you have to see that he's more likely to be right.

You seem to look at the Swans through rose coloured specs. You must be awfully disappointed, as are we all but some of us are more realistic.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 01:09 - Nov 17 with 13244 viewsWanderer

Just want to thank Jackharris, I enjoy reading your opening match threads, well done.
The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 03:10 - Nov 17 with 13206 viewsGlyn1

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 22:30 - Nov 16 by Fireboy2

Does the bridge beer huis let kids in as I'm taking my 11 year old

Is that your little boy next to you?

Best to phone them about that: 01282 411304.

Their website is www.thebridgebeerhuis.co.uk

It seems to be halfway between Burnley Central station and the ground so I'll probably drop in as well.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 3:17]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 03:29 - Nov 17 with 13192 viewsLoyal

Business as usual.

Clement won't last the next ten days if we lose at Burnley.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Burnley FC Versus Swansea City FC Premier League Match Thread on 07:48 - Nov 17 with 13091 viewsItchySphincter

Coldest ground I've ever been to.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024