Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Since we turned Marcelino down.... 08:45 - Nov 24 with 10000 viewsConcerned_Parent

He's taken over at Valencia and now has them in 2nd place after 12 games played, 6 points above Real Madrid and Atletico. They've scored 32 goals in the league--only Barcelona has more with 33.

Last season they finished 12th. Since he's come in he's turned them into an absolutely world class side, and it's not like they spent that much money in the summer either (net spend of just -20m). I watched the game they played against Sevilla last month where they won 4-0 and I could hardly believe my eyes. The football he's got them playing is some of the best I've ever seen, up there with the likes of PSG, Napoli, Man City, and Barca. It was as positive, free flowing, and aesthetically pleasing as it gets.

Is any of this surprising? Not in the least bit. If you're not familiar with his achievements, before he took the Valencia job over the summer he was at Villarreal where he got them promoted and then led them to 3 consecutive top 6 finishes, including one 4th place finish and semi-finals in the 2016 Europa League. And he did this all on a shoestring budget.

How we fvcking turned him down in favour of Bob Bradley has to be one of the biggest disgraces in football history. Imagine taking a complete unqualified assclown over one of the best young managers in the game today. Marcelino would have literally been a perfect fit for us.

I seriously have a hard time wondering what was worse: the fact that we turned down Ronald Koeman for Garry Monk or the fact that we turned down Marcelino for Bob Bradley. Nevertheless, both of these decisions make me want to vomit, and both of these decisions are but a microcosm for how poorly run our football club is and how mindless and dimwitted our leadership is. Make no mistake--when you look at how idiotically those at the helm have acted over the last few years, we're in the same group as Sunderland, Blackburn, and Coventry as far as I'm concerned. Miracles only happen so many times, and eventually Jenkins will no longer be able to fluke his way out of danger. Sadly it looks as though this will be the year, due in no small part to our managerial decisions.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2017 8:51]
Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 10:06 - Nov 24 with 8945 viewsWarwickHunt

Look on the bright side - at least our "ethos" hasn't been eroded...

Fûck me - a £100m+ business being "run" on and off the pitch by a failed roofer and pub team goalkeeper.
Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 10:10 - Nov 24 with 8939 viewsNeath_Jack

When you say turned him down, what exactly do you mean?

Did he apply for the job? Or was he out of work at the same time we appointed Bob?

A genuine question.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 10:12 - Nov 24 with 8931 viewsDarran

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 10:10 - Nov 24 by Neath_Jack

Did he apply for the job? Or was he out of work at the same time we appointed Bob?

A genuine question.

It was reported that he had an interview at the same time as Bob.(and Giggs)

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 10:15 - Nov 24 with 8931 viewsjack247

If there is a positive to take out of this, it’s that there are quality managers out there and as a Premier League club, albeit one on thin ice, they want to come to us.

Let’s get it right next time for gods sake.
Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 10:16 - Nov 24 with 8928 viewsNeath_Jack

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 10:12 - Nov 24 by Darran

Furry muff.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 10:21 - Nov 24 with 8913 viewsWarwickHunt

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 10:12 - Nov 24 by Darran

The Yanks would have turned down Pep, Fergie and the ghosts of Shankly and Paisley in favour of Yankee Doodle Bradley.

The most bizarre decision in PL history. At best, Gonzo stood by and let it happen; at worst he endorsed it.
Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 10:23 - Nov 24 with 8907 viewsandypitt56

Graham Potter has got Ostersunds to through the group stages of the europa league they were in Div 4 in 2010..... If clement goes we have to get this guy in.
Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 10:57 - Nov 24 with 8858 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 10:10 - Nov 24 by Neath_Jack

A genuine question.

Marcelino was interviewed, along with Giggs and Bradley after Guidolin got sacked. We all know who ended up as manager though (sadly).

Come on you Swans.

Login to get fewer ads

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 11:03 - Nov 24 with 8843 viewsBloodyhills

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 10:21 - Nov 24 by WarwickHunt

The Yanks would have turned down Pep, Fergie and the ghosts of Shankly and Paisley in favour of Yankee Doodle Bradley.

The most bizarre decision in PL history. At best, Gonzo stood by and let it happen; at worst he endorsed it.

I think you are right. What a crazy decision.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 11:11 - Nov 24 with 8834 viewswhiterock

Dick Emery ain't doing bad at PSG either, exSwans goal keeping coach at his side
Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 11:55 - Nov 24 with 8780 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42095164

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 13:04 - Nov 24 with 8703 viewsmajorraglan

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 11:55 - Nov 24 by JACKMANANDBOY

Interesting article, sounds like a quality manager, but can’t see that he would fit in at Swansea as the article says he has the final say on all signings.
Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 13:21 - Nov 24 with 8669 viewspencoedjack

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 13:04 - Nov 24 by majorraglan

Interesting article, sounds like a quality manager, but can’t see that he would fit in at Swansea as the article says he has the final say on all signings.

Yes but he should fit.

I'd much rather Marcellino in charge of transfers than Jenkins
Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 13:58 - Nov 24 with 8585 viewsWarwickHunt

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 13:21 - Nov 24 by pencoedjack

Yes but he should fit.

I'd rather a chimp sticking a pin in at random in the Football Yearbook than Jenkins.
Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 14:24 - Nov 24 with 8542 viewsmonmouth

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 13:58 - Nov 24 by WarwickHunt

I'd rather a chimp sticking a pin in at random in the Football Yearbook than Jenkins.

You've not met Dave Leadbetter then?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 14:55 - Nov 24 with 8493 viewsmajorraglan

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 13:21 - Nov 24 by pencoedjack

Yes but he should fit.

So would I, but as it stands now HJ appears to be doing the hiring and firing and I can’t see any change to that approach.
Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 15:19 - Nov 24 with 8461 viewsicecoldjack

Thats just not the Swans we've turned into, we'll have none of this attractive football stuff here y'know !

Jenkins isn't dull he knew enough about that manager but he kept his mouth shut knowing that his money was safe and his salary will keep on going and when Bradley fooked up he would look good by getting them out the s1te .
Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 22:51 - Nov 24 with 8315 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 14:24 - Nov 24 by monmouth

You've not met Dave Leadbetter then?

This is spot on. How Dave Leadbetter has a job at Swansea City FC is appalling. Cvnt is stealing a living.

Come on you Swans.

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 07:38 - Nov 25 with 8213 viewsthereisnospoon

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 13:58 - Nov 24 by WarwickHunt

spot on
Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 07:50 - Nov 25 with 8199 viewsTNT

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 22:51 - Nov 24 by MyFinalHeaven

This is spot on. How Dave Leadbetter has a job at Swansea City FC is appalling. Cvnt is stealing a living.

Nigel Rees too. There's no wonder we don't have youngsters coming through, when this guy is swayed by gobby parents rather than putting through the best players.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 20:28 - Nov 25 with 8033 viewsGlyn1

Marcelino is water under the bridge. Forget about and move on.

Clement is still just about in credit with me because of his rescue act last season - it's not his fault that Bony, Ayew, Fer are useless.

Tony effing Pulis??? I'll be there on Day One wearing my 'Pulis Out' t-shirt courtesy of the West Brom forum.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 11:45 - Nov 26 with 7945 viewsDewi1jack

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 10:57 - Nov 24 by MyFinalHeaven

Marcelino was interviewed, along with Giggs and Bradley after Guidolin got sacked. We all know who ended up as manager though (sadly).

Is it only me who can see what the only bright side to that is?
That Giggs wasn't given the job

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 11:59 - Nov 26 with 7936 viewsjack247

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 20:28 - Nov 25 by Glyn1

Marcelino is water under the bridge. Forget about and move on.

Clement is still just about in credit with me because of his rescue act last season - it's not his fault that Bony, Ayew, Fer are useless.

Tony effing Pulis??? I'll be there on Day One wearing my 'Pulis Out' t-shirt courtesy of the West Brom forum.

Did you watch Bony yesterday?
Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 15:30 - Nov 27 with 7835 viewsConcerned_Parent

Yesterday Marcelino's Valencia drew 1-1 with Barca.

His side is now unbeaten against the top 4 in Spain (Atletico, Real, Barca, and Sevilla).

It just keeps getting better and better for him over there.
Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 19:00 - Nov 27 with 7712 viewsbluenile

Since we turned Marcelino down.... on 11:55 - Nov 24 by JACKMANANDBOY

With Lim's trust, Marcelino changed the attitude of the club, something that could only be achieved with a transformation of the squad. Out went 14 players deemed incapable of adding value to the side and in came only those who were desperate to prove themselves. No player was purchased unless they had Marcelino's seal of approval.

That last sentence is extremely telling......................Bigconk take note!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024