Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches 10:29 - Nov 27 with 7701 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 08:51 - Nov 28 with 2400 views34dfgdf54

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 08:14 - Nov 28 by JFSwan

Has excellent skill and body movements but the boy has no football brain (yet) and cannot pass.
Even his 5 yard passes are lazy and scuffed which puts the receiver under pressure.

I have faith in him at the tip do the diamond as mistakes are not as punishable that far up the pitch and can do something unexpected.

I know what you are saying about him playing at the tip of the diamond, as he's less exposed when losing possession, but on the other hand I think this is where a big part of our problem lies.

We need someone in that role who has the creative spark, someone like Chadli, or dare I say it Viera. Sanches is not an attacking midfield player, never has been.
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 08:55 - Nov 28 with 2397 viewspencoedjack

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 08:14 - Nov 28 by JFSwan

Has excellent skill and body movements but the boy has no football brain (yet) and cannot pass.
Even his 5 yard passes are lazy and scuffed which puts the receiver under pressure.

I have faith in him at the tip do the diamond as mistakes are not as punishable that far up the pitch and can do something unexpected.

From what I have seen Id be very disappointed if we don't have a youngster in our expensive academy that could of offered a few glimpses of magic that Sanches has.

We are not in a position to offer a player a learning curve in the PL.
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 09:07 - Nov 28 with 2382 viewsPrivate_Partz

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 18:48 - Nov 27 by PozuelosSideys

Personally i think hes massively overrated
[Post edited 27 Nov 2017 18:48]

Don't agree at all. Try looking at the good things he dies as well as bad. Also remember he has been playing in a squad shot of confidence. He is short of match fitness as well.
Clement summed it up perfectly. Getting better with each game and may even be our salvation (along with Tammy, Wilf and Mesa) come May 2018.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 09:13 - Nov 28 with 2379 viewsdameedna

Good enough to get into any team but not playing well to get a regular start. Bit of a conumdrum to add to Mesa. I would play him next game. Could do well. Nice link play with Bony that could be a good partnership. Both strong on the ball and so far we have been weak in going forward. I would play Ki as DM with Mesa the playmaker and Sanches box to box.
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 11:52 - Nov 28 with 2314 viewsandypitt56

I think Bony could be the catalyst for sanches, looks like he needs someone to feed off. I though in spells they linked quite well. we also glimpses of that in the reading cup game.
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 12:28 - Nov 28 with 2290 viewslabrax

Is Sanches the right type of player SCFC want given the current loan system?

We seem to be supportive of the loan system. Ware short of cash and don't seem to be able to attract players of a certain value, so this type of "quality player" can come to Swansea without us having to pay a transfer fee.

Codfish

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 12:49 - Nov 28 with 2258 views34dfgdf54

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 12:28 - Nov 28 by labrax

Is Sanches the right type of player SCFC want given the current loan system?

We seem to be supportive of the loan system. Ware short of cash and don't seem to be able to attract players of a certain value, so this type of "quality player" can come to Swansea without us having to pay a transfer fee.

No problem with the Sanches loan, it's paying £16mill for Clucas (who I still t think will come good btw), and not putting the money towards a genuine No.10.

Shambles of a window unfortunately, the marquee signings of Sanches and Bony masked over it, I was one of those fooled aswell so I can't say alot.
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 13:20 - Nov 28 with 2231 viewstowns

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 18:44 - Nov 27 by labrax

Clearly Renato Sanches is a decent footballer. No doubt, he has huge potential to be a good player. However, he has not had the best of starts with SCFC.

Is SCFC the right club for him, and given where he is in his development, and where we are in terms of our league position etc,?

Is PC the right type of coach and personality to develop this young player?

In my opinion, PC started him too soon i.e starting him against Newcastle. He' needs time to adapt. I think he should be on the bench and act more like an impact player.

this cant be the same guy. aint seen a glimpse of this talent yet.
Login to get fewer ads

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 13:56 - Nov 28 with 2212 viewsJackSomething

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 02:17 - Nov 28 by jasper_T

What has he done lately?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 14:46 - Nov 28 with 2177 viewsE20Jack

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 02:17 - Nov 28 by jasper_T

What has he done lately?

Lately? Won the Euros.

Although if you mean the last 18 months then I woukd say he has done nothing due to hardly playing and clearly having the confidence knocked out of him. But I am sure you dont need me to tell you that you dont become a bad footballer in 18 months, you can become a incredibly unconfident one though. Fernando Torres is another example.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 15:35 - Nov 28 with 2160 viewsjasper_T

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 14:46 - Nov 28 by E20Jack

Lately? Won the Euros.

Although if you mean the last 18 months then I woukd say he has done nothing due to hardly playing and clearly having the confidence knocked out of him. But I am sure you dont need me to tell you that you dont become a bad footballer in 18 months, you can become a incredibly unconfident one though. Fernando Torres is another example.

I think many players have become bad footballers in periods of shorter than 18 months. It's nonsense to judge him permanently based on an international tournament and a season in a second rate league.

The lad is athletic and can dribble but he's missing everything else. It's not a confidence thing, he had the same gaps in his game during his purple patches, too.
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 15:59 - Nov 28 with 2139 viewsnantywatcher

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 15:35 - Nov 28 by jasper_T

I think many players have become bad footballers in periods of shorter than 18 months. It's nonsense to judge him permanently based on an international tournament and a season in a second rate league.

The lad is athletic and can dribble but he's missing everything else. It's not a confidence thing, he had the same gaps in his game during his purple patches, too.

It's a joy to be able to share the internet with someone with a greater football knowledge than the combined management teams of Bayern Munich and the Portugese National team - I feel very privileged.
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 16:16 - Nov 28 with 2124 viewsmissingmel

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 20:32 - Nov 27 by jasper_T

People spend a lot of time making excuses for him but he's a bad footballer and shouldn't be playing.

Who do you suggest plays in his position ?
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 16:20 - Nov 28 with 2117 viewsjasper_T

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 15:59 - Nov 28 by nantywatcher

It's a joy to be able to share the internet with someone with a greater football knowledge than the combined management teams of Bayern Munich and the Portugese National team - I feel very privileged.

Bayern Munich pretty much agree with me, though. Right now he's not good enough for them.

He's only potentially a player, and they're very disappointed with his development.
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 16:22 - Nov 28 with 2114 viewsjasper_T

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 16:16 - Nov 28 by missingmel

Who do you suggest plays in his position ?

Ideally a good footballer, but the squad is what it is.

I'd prefer to see Bony, Tammy and Ayew ahead of 3 of Leon, Ki, Carroll and Mesa than have Sanches playing though.
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 16:58 - Nov 28 with 2095 viewsnantywatcher

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 16:22 - Nov 28 by jasper_T

Ideally a good footballer, but the squad is what it is.

I'd prefer to see Bony, Tammy and Ayew ahead of 3 of Leon, Ki, Carroll and Mesa than have Sanches playing though.

I go along with that, but I think Leon is out of the equation, might well be as it's an away game coming up that PC might throw Clucas back into the picture?
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 19:57 - Nov 28 with 2043 viewstheloneranger

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 11:11 - Nov 27 by max936

I noticed on Saturday that when he made a mistake or two his head would drop and he'd throw his hands up, that's a time when a senior/experienced player should put his arm over his shoulder and reassure him, trouble is we don't really have any leaders in the side, so he's got to sort it himself, he's trying in fairness, but he does lack a bit of confidence, Savage and Sherwood can fukoff anyway the lads 20 ffs.

Savage has never forgotten Pintado's tackle on him

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 20:01 - Nov 28 with 2039 viewstheloneranger

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 20:08 - Nov 27 by Oldjack

He's a youngster ,he has the ability to glide past people , but some of his passing and shooting is conference level stuff ,Clem must see this and needs his utmost attention on it .There's a brilliant player in there somewhere

Perhaps he needs someone like Alan Curtis to mentor him.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 20:15 - Nov 28 with 2029 viewsharryhpalmer

I think it's a multi-faceted problem.

He definitely moved to Bayern too early, with a huge price tag, and struggled.

Coming to us, confidence low. Fitness levels low. No pre-season. No time with his new teammates, and then being parachuted straight into a struggling team, which had no balance to it, and no leaders on the pitch.

Add into the fact that it is a high intensity league, where mistakes are magnified by the TV exposure, and it's not a surprise that the 20 year old is struggling.

I think he needs 1 to 1 sessions to walk through games with a wise old head like Curtis.

And I think they should think about getting Mitchell back to work with him, and any other players identified as lacking confidence.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 20:24 - Nov 29 with 1929 viewspencoedjack

Hope they don’t talk about him tonight.
Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 21:07 - Nov 29 with 1878 viewsLeonWasGod

Savage & Sherwood on Sanches on 20:24 - Nov 29 by pencoedjack

Hope they don’t talk about him tonight.

Doesn't sound like he proved them wrong. Fer needs to start ahead of him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024