Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread 12:20 - Dec 1 with 40083 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 2 Dec 2017 14:43]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 13:56 - Dec 1 with 8137 viewskarnataka

Winnable if all our players play to their potential and we use a system that enables them to do so. I know we haven't had either for a while, but we can hope.

Don't expect Clement to do it but my diamond formation team would be

................. Fabs
Naughton vdH Mawson Olssen
................ Britton
........Ki............. Clucas
.................. Mesa
........ Bony.............. Abraham
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 14:53]
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 14:08 - Dec 1 with 8125 viewsRevJames

2 - 0

43 and 89 mins.

1 attempted shot on goal (row z)
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 14:36 - Dec 1 with 8097 viewswestside

Hughes is moaning about the choice of ref Atkinson who reffed stoke midweek

http://www.skysports.com/football/stoke-vs-swansea/preview/373244
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 16:44 - Dec 1 with 8003 viewsShonky

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 14:36 - Dec 1 by westside

Last thing we want. Hes probably going to give them a payback or else get lynched those baying cntmonkeys in the Brittania.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 16:44]

Its just a ride...

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 16:44 - Dec 1 with 8001 viewsperplex

2_1 we will score first tomorrow then realise we could win then the players will go to pieces in the final 20 minutes and Stoke will score twice to win the game.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 17:32 - Dec 1 with 7943 viewsmonmouth

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 14:36 - Dec 1 by westside

Atkinson's not doing our game, he's doing Watford.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 17:49 - Dec 1 with 7910 viewsWarwickHunt

The miserable Gog twàt would probably moan about not being able to breathe if Elle McPherson was sitting on his face.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 18:04 - Dec 1 with 7881 viewsspiderboy

1-0 Swans,Mr Wilfred.
Fab saves a pen in the last 5 mins
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 18:17 - Dec 1 with 7868 viewsPozuelosSideys

Yay. We get to see our manager show no balls again

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 18:49 - Dec 1 with 7829 viewsWingstandwood

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 18:17 - Dec 1 by PozuelosSideys

Yay. We get to see our manager show no balls again

My prediction? Can only go two ways this.... (1.) A nil nil draw based upon our shots-on-target stats per game.... (2.) A one or two goal(s) to nil win for Stoke.

IMO Stoke is one of the last places that any struggling team wants to go to play in that windtunnel of a stadium in a cold winters December. A horrid place to visit for any team in the midst of a relegation struggle.

Argus!

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:07 - Dec 1 with 7793 viewsmonmouth

We've lost up there when we've been much better and they've been worse so has 2-0 home win written all over it. Plus another Cardiff win just to put the gas in the turd. I just hope we try and go forward a bit this time and fecking SHOOT.

Speaking of cardiff turds, where are they all? All we have is that sad moron or alter ego Byron pretending to be a jack/someone else. You'd have thought they'd be here all guns blazing by now.

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:56 - Dec 1 with 7740 viewsunion_jack

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:07 - Dec 1 by monmouth

We've lost up there when we've been much better and they've been worse so has 2-0 home win written all over it. Plus another Cardiff win just to put the gas in the turd. I just hope we try and go forward a bit this time and fecking SHOOT.

Speaking of cardiff turds, where are they all? All we have is that sad moron or alter ego Byron pretending to be a jack/someone else. You'd have thought they'd be here all guns blazing by now.

They've learnt from previous mistakes.

I genuinely believe we'll swap places this year though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:58 - Dec 1 with 7735 viewsunion_jack

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:56 - Dec 1 by union_jack

They've learnt from previous mistakes.

I genuinely believe we'll swap places this year though.

And they're playing now btw against Norwich at home.

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:23 - Dec 1 with 7711 viewsexiledclaseboy

0-0 or 1-0 to Stoke. We’ll be insipid and our presence on the field of play will be entirely incidental to the inevitable low key Stoke victory.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:43 - Dec 1 with 7672 viewsjack2jack

I'm going to set my expectations really low on this one,so anything positive will be a bonus.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 21:05 - Dec 1 with 7637 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 19:07 - Dec 1 by monmouth

Shooting? Ffs this is what's wrong with the modern fan. They'll have flounced into the stadium with their man bags, done their hair, polished their multi-coloured designer boots. And after all that you still expect them to shoot?!

You'll be wanting the moon on a stick next
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 22:05 - Dec 1 with 7534 viewsZZoric

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 13:56 - Dec 1 by karnataka

Winnable if all our players play to their potential and we use a system that enables them to do so. I know we haven't had either for a while, but we can hope.

Don't expect Clement to do it but my diamond formation team would be

................. Fabs
Naughton vdH Mawson Olssen
................ Britton
........Ki............. Clucas
.................. Mesa
........ Bony.............. Abraham
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 14:53]

#10 - mesa - ??

in no way is he a #10 - he's way too reactive, slow of thought, slow of everything

give him his due (which is what we all want) - has has improved - however...........

the contrast when Ki replaced him in CM was vast - we instantly became a proactive passing team, passing the ball thru the midfield - the defence suddenly and spookily passed to the CM - they had an outlet

Leon CDM - totally agree

Mesa is an impact sub at best right now - to scurry around in the last 20.mins (when Leon fades) to protect some points
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 22:07 - Dec 1 with 7533 viewsnantywatcher

A manager under pressure against a manager under pressure.
Which one is capable of getting his team to outperform the other?
Any thoughts?
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 22:31 - Dec 1 with 7487 viewsunion_jack

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 22:07 - Dec 1 by nantywatcher

Any thoughts?

I've got a feeling I know!

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 23:37 - Dec 1 with 7408 viewsLoyal

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 22:07 - Dec 1 by nantywatcher

Any thoughts?

Weve gone to stoke with the best swansea side ive seen in many years if ever and lost.
That tells me tomorrow will be no different.
But I'll take a surprise win and a ribbing for three points.
I love a ribbing.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 08:30 - Dec 2 with 7246 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 20:43 - Dec 1 by jack2jack

I'm going to set my expectations really low on this one,so anything positive will be a bonus.

I've been setting my expectations very low for some time, and each time, they fail to meet them :(

2-0

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 08:53 - Dec 2 with 7219 viewsMrSwerve

1-0 Stoke win. We can't score, and our defence is reasonably decent...but can see Stoke nicking it. It's going to be a tight game - maybe Wilf will try to prove something against his former club. He owes us for last season.

4-4 then.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 08:56 - Dec 2 with 7214 viewstrampie

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 23:37 - Dec 1 by Loyal

Weve gone to stoke with the best swansea side ive seen in many years if ever and lost.
That tells me tomorrow will be no different.
But I'll take a surprise win and a ribbing for three points.
I love a ribbing.

Some would say the best Swansea side ever went to Stoke and won 2-1 and went top of the Premier League (Div 1 as was).
Bob Latchford got the winner.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 10:04 - Dec 2 with 7125 viewsmonmouth

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 08:56 - Dec 2 by trampie

Some would say the best Swansea side ever went to Stoke and won 2-1 and went top of the Premier League (Div 1 as was).
Bob Latchford got the winner.

"Gary, Gary Stanley" wasn't it?

Oh no, you were right. I had to look it up, and I was bloody there. Memory and age eh?
[Post edited 2 Dec 2017 10:07]

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Match Thread on 10:36 - Dec 2 with 7086 viewsmonmouth

Just watched PC pre match presser. He really can't see that it's the mindset that is causing the problem and that the absolute obsession with shape, no risks, pass backwards and sideways as the first and only option is what is leading to fewer goals conceded but 7 hours with hardly a chance never mind a goal. he seems really proud of our defensive figures even though we have lost nearly three quarters of the games where we've "defended well".

He is also talking about two cup finals against Stoke and WBA. Ok sonny, there's no point in drawing a cup final is there. Lets see them pass forward, run forward and shoot.

Yeah, just a pipe dream.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024