Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At the halfway stage 21:33 - Jan 3 with 3678 viewsvetchonian

So now we are halfway through the season how many folks think bringing Bony was a good idea?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

At the halfway stage on 21:38 - Jan 3 with 2752 viewsE20Jack

yep

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

At the halfway stage on 22:11 - Jan 3 with 2684 viewsmax936

Is he anywhere near fit? could really use him now.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

At the halfway stage on 22:12 - Jan 3 with 2676 viewsOldjack

Aye but we're gonna need a miracle to keep us up this time

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

At the halfway stage on 22:17 - Jan 3 with 2660 viewsbonymine

Was always going to be a gamble given his lack of first team football and well shall we say his ‘advancing years’.

That said, he has shown ‘glimpses’ of his ability at times but whether that will be enough to keep us up and given his huge wages and transfer fee for his age (whatever that is?) then I would love to be proved wrong but not for me 👎

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

At the halfway stage on 22:23 - Jan 3 with 2643 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I think we’d have had a couple more points if he was fit

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

At the halfway stage on 22:24 - Jan 3 with 2635 viewsZZoric

At the halfway stage on 22:17 - Jan 3 by bonymine

Was always going to be a gamble given his lack of first team football and well shall we say his ‘advancing years’.

That said, he has shown ‘glimpses’ of his ability at times but whether that will be enough to keep us up and given his huge wages and transfer fee for his age (whatever that is?) then I would love to be proved wrong but not for me 👎

Our club has flourished on taking an educated gamble

Bony's "glimpses" conjures sufficient educated belief that his ability will prevail - supported by a rejuvenated CC-led cast
At the halfway stage on 22:27 - Jan 3 with 2630 viewsvetchonian

At the halfway stage on 22:23 - Jan 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

I think we’d have had a couple more points if he was fit

I agree but given he has played in less than 50% of our games makes me wonder if this was a wise move?
He looked unfit at the start of the season......shouldn't still have been training?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

At the halfway stage on 22:35 - Jan 3 with 2601 viewsbonymine

At the halfway stage on 22:24 - Jan 3 by ZZoric

Our club has flourished on taking an educated gamble

Bony's "glimpses" conjures sufficient educated belief that his ability will prevail - supported by a rejuvenated CC-led cast

Please can you translate that riddle into English please ? 😉

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Login to get fewer ads

At the halfway stage on 22:47 - Jan 3 with 2566 viewsRancid

Everyone of these 'pundits' are scoffing at us and our chances of staying up.You'd think we wee 20 points adrift with 6 games left.Plenty of opportunity for us to turn it round and shove it in their fat phucking faces.

We are crap we all know that but they've given us no hope at all which is phucking idiocy considering there's half a season left for us to try and put it right.

I ain't gonna turn into Keegan here but I'd love it, just love it we stayed up and then hear the admitting they were wrong again.
At the halfway stage on 22:52 - Jan 3 with 2536 viewsjasper_T

It shows how shocking Tammy has been that we look at Bony's handful of tidy games as a positive.
At the halfway stage on 23:10 - Jan 3 with 2479 views34dfgdf54

At the halfway stage on 22:52 - Jan 3 by jasper_T

It shows how shocking Tammy has been that we look at Bony's handful of tidy games as a positive.

Exactly, let’s be honest though, even from the very little people saw of Tammy last season, it was obvious he wasn’t suited to leading the line. Clement bought him in thinking we were going to be playing 3-5-2 and he failed miserablely at setting his team out and putting his ideas across.

If bony stayed fit, we’d have a chance, but he’s crocked and won’t play many more games this season in my opinion. His body can no longer handle the rigours of Premier League football.
At the halfway stage on 23:29 - Jan 3 with 2428 viewsDarran

We passed the halfway stage four games ago,we’ve only got 16 to play.

Just saying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

At the halfway stage on 23:35 - Jan 3 with 2409 viewsswancity

At the halfway stage on 23:29 - Jan 3 by Darran

Just saying.

It's a few years since I went to school but 22-19 used to be 3.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

At the halfway stage on 23:39 - Jan 3 with 2400 viewsDarran

At the halfway stage on 23:35 - Jan 3 by swancity

I’ll leave you work that out but I can guarantee you we reached the halfway mark four games ago.

At the halfway stage on 23:56 - Jan 3 with 2363 viewslifelong

At the halfway stage on 23:29 - Jan 3 by Darran

Just saying.

We’ve got to win at least 6 of them.
At the halfway stage on 00:04 - Jan 4 with 2355 viewsairedale

At the halfway stage on 23:35 - Jan 3 by swancity

Kin ell, not selling anything valuable at the moment are you? Just asking, I may be interested.
At the halfway stage on 00:17 - Jan 4 with 2328 viewsDarran

At the halfway stage on 23:56 - Jan 3 by lifelong

We’ve got to win at least 6 of them.

I hope I’m wrong but we’ll be lucky to get a point out of our next four games.

At the halfway stage on 00:33 - Jan 4 with 2305 viewstheloneranger

At the halfway stage on 23:10 - Jan 3 by 34dfgdf54

Exactly, let’s be honest though, even from the very little people saw of Tammy last season, it was obvious he wasn’t suited to leading the line. Clement bought him in thinking we were going to be playing 3-5-2 and he failed miserablely at setting his team out and putting his ideas across.

If bony stayed fit, we’d have a chance, but he’s crocked and won’t play many more games this season in my opinion. His body can no longer handle the rigours of Premier League football.

Tammy was a Brian Flynn recommendation

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

At the halfway stage on 00:53 - Jan 4 with 2277 viewsLeonWasGod

Yes, as long as we get a full second half of the season out of him. If the second half is the same as the first though, the gamble will have failed. He's currently a waste of a transfer fee and wage. But he can make a difference if he can get and stay fit.
At the halfway stage on 06:09 - Jan 4 with 2180 viewsgiantstoneater

For me its an unmitigated disaster and not worth the risk for the money involved. When will we learn, we signed him too late in the summer window we should have got him in early enough for him to have a full pre-season, instead he is always playing catch up with his fitness. He will need an outstanding second half of the season to help keep us up and I`m not sure he can do it. I also don`t think that his spell at Man C has improved his overall play he still likes to arm wrestle with the opposition`s defence something that used to drive me mad at times during his first spell with us (check out Ayeuws goal set up by Ollie simplicity!) It`s not that I don`t like him I just don`t think he can do it anymore.
At the halfway stage on 07:17 - Jan 4 with 2090 viewsPrivate_Partz

At the halfway stage on 23:10 - Jan 3 by 34dfgdf54

Absolutely right. Tammy is a good goal poacher.
Unfortunately those skillls are not suited to our game as we are trying to get him to do a holding role. A lot of us could see this from the start as Jenkins dithered in the market.
Let's see what Carlos can do with him. We seem to be a bit more attacking now so there maybe a role for him.
As regards Bony, he was a massive gamble. Something Jenkins is more than happy to do as he tries to show the Yanks he can wheel and deal.
It has not paid off and we are in the sh!t as our only real holding forward struggles for form and fitness.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

At the halfway stage on 07:18 - Jan 4 with 2089 viewsBobby_Fischer

At the halfway stage on 00:33 - Jan 4 by theloneranger

Also we didn't buy him he's on loan,he's joint top scorer and has got the best minutes/goal ratio in the team.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

At the halfway stage on 07:54 - Jan 4 with 2028 viewsSTID2017

At the halfway stage on 23:39 - Jan 3 by Darran

I’ll leave you work that out but I can guarantee you we reached the halfway mark four games ago.

Darran, I'll take a wild guess that the guy who posted 22-19 =3 had been on thbe beer .
We have never played 22 teams in a season.
Lower divisions were usually 23, higher divisions were 21.
As you say 19 is the halfway mark.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

At the halfway stage on 09:04 - Jan 4 with 1942 viewsbuilthjack

At the halfway stage on 00:33 - Jan 4 by theloneranger

He needs to stand on a chair next time so he can take a proper look

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

At the halfway stage on 09:08 - Jan 4 with 1929 viewsDr_Winston

Never, ever ceases to amaze me how often strikers get blamed for team failings in these parts.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024