Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Window 22:10 - Jan 3 with 10845 viewsjack_lord

It's been four months since the last window closed and already ten percent of this one has passed.

40 million pounds ready to be spent apparently.

I would have thoughts that four months would be enough time to have at least a good list.

These owners are pure c nts.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Transfer Window on 12:53 - Jan 4 with 2970 viewsswan65split

Transfer Window on 10:19 - Jan 4 by jasper_T

I doubt that means anything. None of the three were playing regularly enough to make their loan deals worthwhile. Wouldn't be surprised to see at least two go back out again this month.

Report I read, dont ask me where it is as I check many forums etc, it said the club had "called them back"
Transfer Window on 13:02 - Jan 4 with 2929 viewsSwansea93

Transfer Window on 12:53 - Jan 4 by swan65split

Report I read, dont ask me where it is as I check many forums etc, it said the club had "called them back"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42559108

Says recalled on that report.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Transfer Window on 13:11 - Jan 4 with 2899 viewsjasper_T

Transfer Window on 12:53 - Jan 4 by swan65split

Yes, they've been recalled because the loans weren't proving worthwhile for the players. Middlesborough bought another senior right-back a week after loaning Roberts. Davies only got half a dozen appearances for Yeovil.

I hope we try to involve Roberts in some way, as even with a new right back signing we need more full-back cover, and he can play both sides. But there's no way either of the other two are in the first team picture here, even in the Championship.

We would be recalling them even if we had £50m worth of new players ready to sign. It doesn't mean anything for the first team picture. Combined they earn as much as Clucas's right shin, and the loaning clubs weren't subsidising much of that to begin with.
Transfer Window on 13:26 - Jan 4 with 2854 viewsmax936

Transfer Window on 22:20 - Jan 3 by Oldjack

Swansea trio Botti Biabi, Keston Davies & Connor Roberts return from loans

That's it window closed for us

And there you have it in a nutshell, well done Alan

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Transfer Window on 13:51 - Jan 4 with 2782 viewstheloneranger

Transfer Window on 13:11 - Jan 4 by jasper_T

Yes, they've been recalled because the loans weren't proving worthwhile for the players. Middlesborough bought another senior right-back a week after loaning Roberts. Davies only got half a dozen appearances for Yeovil.

I hope we try to involve Roberts in some way, as even with a new right back signing we need more full-back cover, and he can play both sides. But there's no way either of the other two are in the first team picture here, even in the Championship.

We would be recalling them even if we had £50m worth of new players ready to sign. It doesn't mean anything for the first team picture. Combined they earn as much as Clucas's right shin, and the loaning clubs weren't subsidising much of that to begin with.

They're all on average on £5K a week for playing non competitive reserve team football, and nowhere near the first team.

You can see why many of them never progress, sitting back on 2/3 year contracts and leaving as quite rich young men
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 14:19]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Transfer Window on 13:56 - Jan 4 with 2767 viewsburryswan31

Free Agent :

Robinho
Left Wing
Brazil
Spain
33 Jan 1, 2018 £3.60m

Transfer Window on 14:23 - Jan 4 with 2712 viewsSwansea93

Transfer Window on 13:56 - Jan 4 by burryswan31

Free Agent :

Robinho
Left Wing
Brazil
Spain
33 Jan 1, 2018 £3.60m

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/23/robinho-

This Robinho?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Transfer Window on 14:29 - Jan 4 with 2695 viewsswanseajack4eva

What about Nile Ranger? Premier League experience and available on a free!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42568074
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 14:35]
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Window on 14:30 - Jan 4 with 2694 viewswaynekerr55

+

=

[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 14:31]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Transfer Window on 14:38 - Jan 4 with 2651 viewsMo_Wives

Transfer Window on 10:03 - Jan 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

Some lunatic will sign for us

The way things are going it'll be Gascoigne.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Transfer Window on 14:46 - Jan 4 with 2628 viewsRevJames

Unsurprisingly we get a mention
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/11193264/january-transfer-window-wh
Transfer Window on 14:52 - Jan 4 with 2601 viewsunion_jack

Transfer Window on 14:46 - Jan 4 by RevJames

Unsurprisingly we get a mention
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/11193264/january-transfer-window-wh

That is an excellent article which many on here would do well to read.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Transfer Window on 14:57 - Jan 4 with 2582 viewsburryswan31

Transfer Window on 14:23 - Jan 4 by Swansea93

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/23/robinho-

This Robinho?

Oh jesus, I did not know that. No wonder hes been released.
Transfer Window on 15:08 - Jan 4 with 2557 viewswaynekerr55

Transfer Window on 14:38 - Jan 4 by Mo_Wives

The way things are going it'll be Gascoigne.

Probably Bamber knowing our luck

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Transfer Window on 15:44 - Jan 4 with 2510 viewsmonmouth

Transfer Window on 14:52 - Jan 4 by union_jack

That is an excellent article which many on here would do well to read.

They must have felt after hitting us over the head with Mesa, it would be unfair to skewer us through the heart with Sanches in the next category.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Transfer Window on 19:58 - Jan 4 with 2395 viewsjasper_T

Transfer Window on 13:51 - Jan 4 by theloneranger

They're all on average on £5K a week for playing non competitive reserve team football, and nowhere near the first team.

You can see why many of them never progress, sitting back on 2/3 year contracts and leaving as quite rich young men
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 14:19]

Roberts and Davies are on far less than that. The local boys make a fraction of what the kids we've bought make (with one exception).
Transfer Window on 20:09 - Jan 4 with 2365 viewsinspector

who’s samuel bastien?
Transfer Window on 23:38 - Jan 4 with 2232 viewsone_upmanship

Jonathan Viera £17.8m?!
That’s come down. And Newcastle!! 👀

We have to be in for him now.

https://t.co/FV0GTLcrFa
Transfer Window on 23:43 - Jan 4 with 2224 viewsPentyrchJack

Jenkins will deliberately over value Mawson and reduce the price on deadline day to get cash, and then say it is too late to bring in new players. Deja vu Siggy and Llorente.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Transfer Window on 23:47 - Jan 4 with 2215 viewsSwanjaxs

Transfer Window on 23:38 - Jan 4 by one_upmanship

Jonathan Viera £17.8m?!
That’s come down. And Newcastle!! 👀

We have to be in for him now.

https://t.co/FV0GTLcrFa

If we spend more than 12 million in this transfer window I'll eat my underpants.... probably nearer 10 million max 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Transfer Window on 23:55 - Jan 4 with 2194 viewsairedale

Ridiculous that these transfers aren’t sorted out within a day or two after the transfer window opens. You decide who you want to buy, and do it. Just like shopping at Tesco. The transfer issues at any club are an absolute dawdle for the manager to conduct. An hour or so per day tops. Some muppet told me it cost the club about 20 to 30 hours per day in manpower. What a prat, identify who you want in the world, get on the phone and then fly out there with a doctor and the paperwork. Sorted.
Transfer Window on 00:12 - Jan 5 with 2175 viewsLeonWasGod

Transfer Window on 23:55 - Jan 4 by airedale

Ridiculous that these transfers aren’t sorted out within a day or two after the transfer window opens. You decide who you want to buy, and do it. Just like shopping at Tesco. The transfer issues at any club are an absolute dawdle for the manager to conduct. An hour or so per day tops. Some muppet told me it cost the club about 20 to 30 hours per day in manpower. What a prat, identify who you want in the world, get on the phone and then fly out there with a doctor and the paperwork. Sorted.

I suspect players are looking at other options before us. Expect this to go to the end of the month.
Transfer Window on 00:16 - Jan 5 with 2169 viewsRancid

Transfer Window on 00:12 - Jan 5 by LeonWasGod

I suspect players are looking at other options before us. Expect this to go to the end of the month.

Why are people talking transfer fees? There'll be none just a coupleof loans and a 5m Championship player.
Transfer Window on 00:40 - Jan 5 with 2136 viewsjack_lord

Transfer Window on 00:16 - Jan 5 by Rancid

Why are people talking transfer fees? There'll be none just a coupleof loans and a 5m Championship player.

It goes back to August for me. The pre season dragged and the season began and we got the huge figure for Gylfi yet nothing was done to get quality in.

We did buy Bony, who is a good player but we sold Llorente which made more money.

There was a lot of crap and murmurs that it was done too late to get quality in. Well it's four months and counting while those pigs sit on the money.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Transfer Window on 11:43 - Jan 5 with 2020 viewsKerouac

This article sounds about right to me; http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/swansea-city-january-transfer-dossier-carlos-carvalhal-

For those who can't be arsed to read, it says;

- "chairman Hew Jenkins has already told Carvalhal any funds for this month must be generated by player sales"

- Alfie Mawson to West Ham
- Diafra Sakho coming the other way
- McBurnie out on loan
- Ki sold

...presumably Carlos would be allowed to replace Mawson and Ki on the cheap (maybe would explain the link to the Belgian midfielder from Chievo).

We have been absolutely f*cked over by those in the boardroom for YEARS.
Ever since Laudrup's people started showing frustration at not being allowed to wheel and deal in order to bring in the type of quality required to compete in the Premier League.
Insular, parochial, knobheads had their way and we have been doomed to this fate ever since.
Some of those knobheads got filthy rich along the way, some others were used by those who got rich.

We shall go down showing a profit in terms of net spend in the transfer market....apparently being in the Premier League when the TV money went up to insane levels wasn't enough to pay for a squad of 25 professionals, some youth players, and enough coaches and staff to keep the show on the road.
Where did the millions go (apart from the unearned greedy salaries, share dividends, over staffing etc. in plain sight) ?
I'd suggest people start digging into the details of the Academy and Training ground development + ongoing running costs.

Squalid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024