Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coutinho 20:25 - Jan 6 with 6303 viewsGeoffThom

This is one of the many reasons we cannot compete in the prem anymore !
The figures are now feckin crazy it cannot last ?
Coutinho on 21:49 - Jan 6 with 1157 viewsmajorraglan

Coutinho on 20:31 - Jan 6 by whoflungdung

IT was said when Trevor Francis cost Clough 1m

There was a saying going back many years......Trevor Francis was going to Juventus and the rest were going to Fray Bentos!
Coutinho on 21:50 - Jan 6 with 1153 viewsDarran

Coutinho on 21:48 - Jan 6 by Neath_Jack

He's a fantastic player, but in no way is he a class above those other players, Messi and Ronaldo are a class above, and that's about it. Coutinho is in the same bracket as Hazard, Sanchez, KDB etc.

Salah is the one who's pulled LFC out of the shit this year, with all the goals he's scored, he's been phenomenal, and is edging player of the season for me so far, just in front of KDB.

Max is Liverpool fan FFS he’s not going to say otherwise.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Coutinho on 21:53 - Jan 6 with 1147 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Coutinho on 20:51 - Jan 6 by airedale

Which of our midfielders is worth £42 bigguns then?

What’s worth got to do with it?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Coutinho on 21:56 - Jan 6 with 1142 viewsmax936

Coutinho on 21:48 - Jan 6 by Neath_Jack

He's a fantastic player, but in no way is he a class above those other players, Messi and Ronaldo are a class above, and that's about it. Coutinho is in the same bracket as Hazard, Sanchez, KDB etc.

Salah is the one who's pulled LFC out of the shit this year, with all the goals he's scored, he's been phenomenal, and is edging player of the season for me so far, just in front of KDB.

Salah's been awesome J, but look at Courtino's overall play, as a No 10 his goals have been spectacular but his allround game as been superb.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Coutinho on 21:58 - Jan 6 with 1138 viewsmax936

Coutinho on 21:50 - Jan 6 by Darran

Max is Liverpool fan FFS he’s not going to say otherwise.

Who does Salah play for then you thick tw@t.

Coutinho on 23:21 - Jan 6 with 1089 viewsairedale

Coutinho on 21:08 - Jan 6 by Fireboy2

I love how the plastic scousers are creaming themselves with how much they are getting for this overrated player what they seem to forget is the owners will be happy pocketing a large portion of that fee as they are a bunch of capitalist tvvats from across the pond

Just like our owners

Yeah, but the only reason that LFC customers will be happy is because they think that the people that own the business will spend some of that money on player acquisition.

The commercial considerations are absolutely none of their concern.

YNWA.
Coutinho on 23:35 - Jan 6 with 1076 viewsicecoldjack

I thought Clough refused to make Francis the first million pound player, only payng £999,999,99p

1p short of the mark, sure i read that somewhere or maybe it's an urban myth ?
Coutinho on 23:40 - Jan 6 with 1072 viewswhoflungdung

Jack 11 just found out about ladies then

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Login to get fewer ads

Coutinho on 23:43 - Jan 6 with 1066 viewsDarran

Coutinho on 23:35 - Jan 6 by icecoldjack

I thought Clough refused to make Francis the first million pound player, only payng £999,999,99p

1p short of the mark, sure i read that somewhere or maybe it's an urban myth ?

Nah that’s wrong.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Coutinho on 08:54 - Jan 7 with 1009 viewsjack247

Coutinho isn’t the reason we can’t compete in the Prem. It’s not as if we were ever looking to win it.

Greed and terrible recruitment are the reasons we can’t compete in the Prem. we ‘should’ be competing with teams like Southampton, Stoke and Watford, not Liverpool.
Coutinho on 09:16 - Jan 7 with 995 viewsFireboy2

Coutinho on 23:21 - Jan 6 by airedale

Yeah, but the only reason that LFC customers will be happy is because they think that the people that own the business will spend some of that money on player acquisition.

The commercial considerations are absolutely none of their concern.

YNWA.

Its lucky that they are a global market then eh

YJB
Coutinho on 09:50 - Jan 7 with 972 viewswhoflungdung

Like it or not ,to make a profit of 138million in four years shows a club better run than ours so we really are in no position to decry any club or its ownership

Just look at the state we re in

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Coutinho on 10:07 - Jan 7 with 954 viewsFireboy2

Coutinho on 09:50 - Jan 7 by whoflungdung

Like it or not ,to make a profit of 138million in four years shows a club better run than ours so we really are in no position to decry any club or its ownership

Just look at the state we re in

Yeah great rich lucky for them but they are a global market who also owned by capitalists and their owners are also siphoning profits from the club

Their fans are blind to it all because they will always be in the top 4 buying a top player now and again but they will sell and always have sold their top players for big profits good on em i say,we arent in the same galaxy as them

I work with one and all he does is moan that they arent doing better,ffs he sounds like a yernited fan
Coutinho on 13:20 - Jan 7 with 914 viewsmax936

According to reports in France by Bein Sports Liverpool have agreed a 55million Euro deal for Leicester's Riyad Mahrez, players values are getting ridiculous now good player but 50mill nah.
This is where the likes of us could never compete, just need a scouting team good enough to source these players in their earlier days and develop them to be able to command similar sell on fee's, if only we had a scouting team that travels further than Falkirk

Coutinho on 13:24 - Jan 7 with 909 viewsJokeren1943

We can easily compete with the other Premier League teams.

We just has to return to a possession style football - and buy the players who do not fit in a boring defensive counter style.

Plenty of Southern European players who cost 1/3 of the overpriced Championship players we can afford too.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 13:29]
Coutinho on 13:25 - Jan 7 with 909 viewsNeath_Jack

Coutinho on 13:20 - Jan 7 by max936

According to reports in France by Bein Sports Liverpool have agreed a 55million Euro deal for Leicester's Riyad Mahrez, players values are getting ridiculous now good player but 50mill nah.
This is where the likes of us could never compete, just need a scouting team good enough to source these players in their earlier days and develop them to be able to command similar sell on fee's, if only we had a scouting team that travels further than Falkirk

Compare that price to Coutinhos and it's a bargain, Mahrez has scored more goals over the last 3 years.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Coutinho on 13:27 - Jan 7 with 907 viewsawayjack

I don't think we've ever competed with Barcelona or the top 6 in Pl.

It's that we can't compete with likes of Huddersfield, Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth etc.. Due to the greed and incompetence costs control and tranfer failure of our Board that hurts.
Coutinho on 13:36 - Jan 7 with 893 viewsmax936

Coutinho on 13:25 - Jan 7 by Neath_Jack

Compare that price to Coutinhos and it's a bargain, Mahrez has scored more goals over the last 3 years.

I'm told that according to Sky Sports Liverpool have said that they have no interest in Mahrez.
But yes Coutinho is over priced as are many valuations of Players, the Neymar deal is worth over half a Billion ffs.
If you cut half of the worth of all the money that's in Football today it would go a long way to curing famine in the World its ridiculous.

Coutinho on 13:39 - Jan 7 with 892 viewsmax936

Coutinho on 13:27 - Jan 7 by awayjack

It's that we can't compete with likes of Huddersfield, Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth etc.. Due to the greed and incompetence costs control and tranfer failure of our Board that hurts.

We finished in the top 6 in the 80/81 season mun, but yeah I get your point.

Coutinho on 13:44 - Jan 7 with 889 viewsWhiterockin

Coutinho on 13:27 - Jan 7 by awayjack

This 100%.

The reason we are not competing is we sold our best players and bought rubbish.
£15M for Borja and loan him out. £16M for Clucas when he is no better than what we had. Are only two examples.

This is the real reason we are struggling, not who the top teams in Europe buy and sell.
Coutinho on 14:03 - Jan 7 with 878 viewsmax936

Coutinho on 13:44 - Jan 7 by Whiterockin

This 100%.

The reason we are not competing is we sold our best players and bought rubbish.
£15M for Borja and loan him out. £16M for Clucas when he is no better than what we had. Are only two examples.

This is the real reason we are struggling, not who the top teams in Europe buy and sell.

Totally agree.

Coutinho on 14:17 - Jan 7 with 870 viewscmajack

Coutinho on 08:54 - Jan 7 by jack247

Coutinho isn’t the reason we can’t compete in the Prem. It’s not as if we were ever looking to win it.

Greed and terrible recruitment are the reasons we can’t compete in the Prem. we ‘should’ be competing with teams like Southampton, Stoke and Watford, not Liverpool.

Absolutely spot on and don't forget clubs like ours can make a lot of money out of making players good and selling them for vast sums of money ( siggy , bony Mawson possibly).the problem has been hj chucking stupid money at average players that are no better than what we had. And if he had signed Virgil van dijk would have made a shed full of money on him as well.
Coutinho on 16:05 - Jan 7 with 842 viewsyescomeon

He only cost them £8.5m, or just a whisker over half a Clucas. We could compete in this league if we were smart with our recruitment...

Upthecity!

Coutinho on 16:07 - Jan 7 with 839 viewsyescomeon

Coutinho on 20:47 - Jan 6 by max936

Spot on Rich, a class above anyone in the Premier League, Hazard, Sanchez De- Bruyne included, he's been fantastic the last few months, I thought he'd be going once they paid 75mill for Van Dijk.

Better than de Bruyne? Easy there!

Upthecity!

Coutinho on 16:17 - Jan 7 with 830 viewsMrSwerve

Clucas for 16m, phwoar, what a bargain!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024