Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? 11:20 - Jan 9 with 3685 viewsKerouac

Share your thoughts.

Were you smacked?
Would you have had a better upbringing if smacking was banned when you were a child?
Have you smacked your child/children?
What techniques do you use to discipline your child?
How important is it (or not) for a child to face consequences as a result of poor decisions?
How enforceable would this law be?
Will a smacking ban improve our society and how?
etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 11:50 - Jan 10 with 1350 viewsHighjack

Battery acid in the eyes is also a good behaviour correction tool.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 15:42 - Jan 10 with 1303 viewsCountyJim

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 17:41 - Jan 9 by jack2jack

When I was a kid and I stepped over the line,I knew that I would get a smack of the oldman.You fvcked up took your medicine and moved on,no problem with that,trouble is there are no boundaries today.
To many dogooders with corduroy patches on their jackets and straw in their beards, telling us you can't do this you can't do that,bolloxs as a responsible parent you set the boundaries and dish out suitable punishment as and when required,within limits obviously,Jesus,nanny state,mamby panmby.We all know the rules and the consequences for nausing up!
No wonder society is going belly up.All about opinions I know.

Totally agree

If I had a bolloxin off any adult as a youngster it would frighten me to death because if my old dear found out I would have the slipper across my arse and a clip round the ear off my Dad
Now you tell a kid off in the street etc you get called a Paedo and all sorts

As soon as they banned the cane from school discipline has gone down hill

If anyone disagrees tell me why kids are no longer afraid of a bolloxin and respect has gone out the window
Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 15:44 - Jan 10 with 1301 viewsJackfath

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 15:42 - Jan 10 by CountyJim

Totally agree

If I had a bolloxin off any adult as a youngster it would frighten me to death because if my old dear found out I would have the slipper across my arse and a clip round the ear off my Dad

If anyone disagrees tell me why kids are no longer afraid of a bolloxin and respect has gone out the window

Are all kids afraid of a "bolloxin"?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 15:49 - Jan 10 with 1297 viewsMo_Wives

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 15:44 - Jan 10 by Jackfath

Are all kids afraid of a "bolloxin"?

Bolloxin is one of the things on my checklist after getting dressed and before leaving the house.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 16:03 - Jan 10 with 1287 viewsMo_Wives

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 15:42 - Jan 10 by CountyJim

Totally agree

Tbf, I've only been called a Paedo for telling a kid off in the street if I've done it with my bollocks hanging out. I check before I leave the house now...problem solved.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 17:14 - Jan 10 with 1259 viewsbazzool

Totally agree

Agree
Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 18:58 - Jan 10 with 1227 viewsJackfath

Totally agree

Why would you tell a kid off in the street?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 19:06 - Jan 10 with 1219 viewsCountyJim

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 18:58 - Jan 10 by Jackfath

Why wouldn't you
Login to get fewer ads

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 19:11 - Jan 10 with 1213 viewsJackfath

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 19:06 - Jan 10 by CountyJim

Why wouldn't you

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to on 19:14 - Jan 10 with 1208 viewsexiledclaseboy

Totally agree

Do you want teachers to be able to make young boys and girls bend over so their bottoms are in the air and then have the authority to hit those raised bottoms with a slipper or a piece of wood? If so, why?

There were teachers in Penlan School when I was there who used to take great pleasure in that. At best they were sadistic bastards who used physical violence on young kids to mask their piss poor teaching skills. At worst...draw your own conclusions.

Such punishments never encouraged us to behave any better either, as is evidenced by the regularity in which we got hit. Physical violence should never be used as a tool of discipline. It’s sadistic, stupid and massively counter productive. If you have to hit kids to control them you’re doing something wrong. If you’re a teacher and you feel the need to hit kids to discipline them, find something else to do for a living. You’re not fit to be a teacher.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2018 19:15]

Poll: Tory leader

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to on 19:19 - Jan 10 with 1196 viewsmax936

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to on 19:14 - Jan 10 by exiledclaseboy

Do you want teachers to be able to make young boys and girls bend over so their bottoms are in the air and then have the authority to hit those raised bottoms with a slipper or a piece of wood? If so, why?

There were teachers in Penlan School when I was there who used to take great pleasure in that. At best they were sadistic bastards who used physical violence on young kids to mask their piss poor teaching skills. At worst...draw your own conclusions.

Such punishments never encouraged us to behave any better either, as is evidenced by the regularity in which we got hit. Physical violence should never be used as a tool of discipline. It’s sadistic, stupid and massively counter productive. If you have to hit kids to control them you’re doing something wrong. If you’re a teacher and you feel the need to hit kids to discipline them, find something else to do for a living. You’re not fit to be a teacher.

Great post, we had a Metal Work "Teacher" to use Darrans favourite word he was a useless c@@t, until it came to tw@tting one of us with a long welding type glove hurt like fuk it did to, as you say a sadistic bastard.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 19:20 - Jan 10 with 1191 viewsDarran

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 18:58 - Jan 10 by Jackfath

He'd tell two gay blokes off in the street for wanting to get married though.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to on 19:22 - Jan 10 with 1193 viewslonglostjack

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to on 19:14 - Jan 10 by exiledclaseboy

Mrs Morgan and her bamboo cane. You got extra cred after if you smirked as she was whaking you.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to on 19:35 - Jan 10 with 1176 viewsCountyJim

So why then has discipline gone to pot then in schools and society in general

If I chucked rubbish on the street as a kid I would get a bolloxin from my neighbour frogmarched to my parents whacked across my legs by my mother made to apologise to the neighbours and then had a talking to off my Dad when he got home from work if not a clip and I didn't do it again

You see a kid do that today you would not only get abuse from the kid or gang of kids and their parents would probably give you abuse as well or worse
Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 19:35 - Jan 10 with 1175 viewsperchrockjack

Some fellas pay good money to get thrashed these days

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to on 20:13 - Jan 10 with 1147 viewsJackfath

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to on 19:35 - Jan 10 by CountyJim

So why then has discipline gone to pot then in schools and society in general

If I chucked rubbish on the street as a kid I would get a bolloxin from my neighbour frogmarched to my parents whacked across my legs by my mother made to apologise to the neighbours and then had a talking to off my Dad when he got home from work if not a clip and I didn't do it again

You see a kid do that today you would not only get abuse from the kid or gang of kids and their parents would probably give you abuse as well or worse

Discipline in schools and society in general hasn't got worse due to people not being able to inflict physical pain on minors.

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 20:18 - Jan 10 with 1135 viewsDarran

There’s some strange people on this forum mind,I don’t think the bindipper knows what day of the week it is if I’m honest.

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to on 20:34 - Jan 10 with 1120 viewslifelong

This.

This thread has taken me back to my school days in the late 50’s, early 60’s. Quite a large percentage of the teachers were nothing more than thugs, they would take great delight in using physical violence on pupils. This kind of behaviour just didn’t gain them any respect it simply made the pupils despise them.

Reading some of the posts in this thread where people are saying that their parents used to beat them with a belt and wooden poles makes for very unpleasant reading, that is nothing less than child abuse and people carrying out such acts should have been locked up.
Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to on 20:50 - Jan 10 with 1104 viewsmax936

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to on 20:34 - Jan 10 by lifelong

This.

This thread has taken me back to my school days in the late 50’s, early 60’s. Quite a large percentage of the teachers were nothing more than thugs, they would take great delight in using physical violence on pupils. This kind of behaviour just didn’t gain them any respect it simply made the pupils despise them.

Reading some of the posts in this thread where people are saying that their parents used to beat them with a belt and wooden poles makes for very unpleasant reading, that is nothing less than child abuse and people carrying out such acts should have been locked up.

100% and suck up to the School bullies or so called tough guys.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 22:44 - Jan 10 with 1057 viewsDarran

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 23:09 - Jan 10 with 1041 viewsbonymine

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 22:44 - Jan 10 by Darran

I got the cane 10 Times by the Headmaster in Olchfa for getting sent off playing rugby for the school and therefore ‘bringing the school’s name into disrepute.....’

No VAR in those days see 😂😂 but hey it did help me see the bigger picture ......👍👍😂😂

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 23:12 - Jan 10 with 1041 viewsgrampajack

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 00:14 - Jan 10 by LeonWasGod

The vast sensible majority of us don't beat our kids. If it's being brought in to help them convict serial abusers that's a good thing imo.

Agreed. However, we can't criminalise everything just because society hasn't got the gonads to call people out for 'blatant malpractise'. As the fellow said 'clear and obvious'.
Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 07:39 - Jan 11 with 1011 viewswaynekerr55

I wouldn't smack my boy, hell I don't even consider smacking my Labrador, even when she rolls in fox shìt.

I was hit as a child and it didn't stop negative behaviour.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 09:37 - Jan 11 with 992 viewsperchrockjack

Some good points here from especially lifelong and wAYnekerr . It really was the case teachers ruled through fear .not sure that s the best way . However , we ve not yet found a way to imbue kids with basic respect .

I too hated nearly all the bullies in Bishop Gore of the mid sixties. My one regret is not seeing them as an adult as I would have given them a terrible torrent of retrospective abuse

Roger stayed a gentle soul , I did not and I suppose all those hammering led me to be a rather confrontational ,sometimes violent ,often obnoxious youth.

I m lovely now though

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 12:46 - Jan 11 with 960 viewsKerouac

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 16:03 - Jan 10 by Mo_Wives

Tbf, I've only been called a Paedo for telling a kid off in the street if I've done it with my bollocks hanging out. I check before I leave the house now...problem solved.

...bordering on genius that one Mo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024