Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas 21:58 - Jan 30 with 6162 viewsshandyjack

2nd game in a row i'm starting a thread to apologise to him. Completely different player when played in his best position and given license to get forward.
When you look at what £16m has brought into other clubs, it's starting to look a fair fee in this market(or am i just giddy with the win)

Poll: Expectation for the season

Clucas on 23:01 - Jan 30 with 1485 views34dfgdf54

Clucas on 22:36 - Jan 30 by Smellyplumz

Shut up you c0ck pouch

PM sent. Leave all that stuff in there and talk about Clucas, that’s what this thread is about.
Clucas on 23:02 - Jan 30 with 1481 viewsmax936

He was simply awesome tonight MOM by a country mile Ayew, Fer and Dyer very good, scrap that they were all great, probably one of the best if not the best performance for a long time.

Well Done Lads

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Clucas on 23:06 - Jan 30 with 1462 viewsDr_Winston

Clucas on 23:01 - Jan 30 by hydraulicjack

Ckement used all our players in a defensive role

Fair comment.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Clucas on 23:09 - Jan 30 with 1441 views1462jack

Clucas on 22:04 - Jan 30 by swanaway

Anyone know what his goal celebration is all about?

Simlply loveleh
Clucas on 23:16 - Jan 30 with 1407 viewsswan65split

Have to admit that hes done well, change of playing position has done wonders , also a mention to for VDH who last season looked Sunday league standard, fair play come on a bundle has the lad.
Clucas on 23:16 - Jan 30 with 1401 viewsswanforthemoney

He covered a lot of ground today. He was totally knackered at the end, I was calling for fresh legs and he goes and scores. What an effort.

I stand in the North Stand

Clucas on 23:52 - Jan 30 with 1322 viewsGeoffThom

Right perspective! He was feckin garbage for months and up until the arrival of cc I’d have got shot this month for 50p junk!!
Right now !since the arrival of cc this lad has been a completely different player in fact unrecognisable to the shit that I watched before ,these last two games he’s been bloody outstanding along with the rest of the last two eleven ,so credit were it’s due but keep it up fella and all these bad memories will go away ,well done 👏👏👏👏
Clucas on 23:55 - Jan 30 with 1314 viewsJacket

Clement clearly didn't rate him, and wasn't prepared to give him a chance to do what he did so well for Hull under Silva late last season. Carvalhal has simply allowed him to play to his strengths. Simple really!
Login to get fewer ads

Clucas on 00:02 - Jan 31 with 1286 viewsbluenile

Clucas on 22:42 - Jan 30 by WAFU

Club record signing actually has a good game? So he damn well should. Should be MOTM every week.

Just shows how far we have fallen the fact that he’s put in 1 decent performance and everyone is lauding him.

Were you born a tw*t, or did you have to work at it?. . . . .

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Clucas on 06:48 - Jan 31 with 1125 viewsDr_Winston

Clucas on 23:52 - Jan 30 by GeoffThom

Right perspective! He was feckin garbage for months and up until the arrival of cc I’d have got shot this month for 50p junk!!
Right now !since the arrival of cc this lad has been a completely different player in fact unrecognisable to the shit that I watched before ,these last two games he’s been bloody outstanding along with the rest of the last two eleven ,so credit were it’s due but keep it up fella and all these bad memories will go away ,well done 👏👏👏👏

And the question you, and plenty of others in fairness, need to ask more often is why didn't he play well for months?

As per usual most people couldn't wait to start slagging the player. It's fun and it's easy. Very few had any interest or inclination to ponder the reasons why a player who did so well for Hull last season was struggling with life at Swansea.

The few who chose to swim against the tide and venture that perhaps, just perhaps we should try playing him in the advanced role he was used to before writing him off completely are being thoroughly vindicated.

Van Der Horne is another prime example of this. Criticised mercilessly for being no worse than anybody else in Bradley's chaotic defense and rapidly becoming a cult figure now he's getting some games under his belt in an organised back line.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Clucas on 11:59 - Jan 31 with 1024 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Let's hope we can add Tammy to those who return to form under CC, we need him to get back to scoring as he did when he joined us.
Clucas on 12:04 - Jan 31 with 1014 viewsOldjack

Clucas on 22:46 - Jan 30 by Dr_Winston

Played well in an advanced role for Hull last season. Clement used him almost exclusively as a Defensive Midfielder. Of course he's not going to shine under those circumstances.

Carvalhal has put a square peg in a square hole and is reaping the rewards.

this

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Clucas on 12:14 - Jan 31 with 1000 viewsjedmo_jack

Transformed now he's been allowed to move freely around the pitch and actually run with the ball unlike being locked into a rigid position holding space under Clement.

Buckets of energy, long may it continue.
Clucas on 12:21 - Jan 31 with 976 viewsjack247

I’ll get slated for this I know, but those runs he was making for the through balls is something we have been missing since we were playing attractive football and Routledge was at his best. Before anyone jumps down my throat, the fact that Clucas has the composure to finish when through on goal is a major, major difference!

It’s not about luck or pace, it’s about intelligence, anticipation and timing. It’s why I defended Routledge for so long despite his shortcomings. I know it’s only one game, but to make those runs and get played in as often as he did can’t be a fluke. If he can keep making runs like that, he will be a nightmare to defend against.
Clucas on 12:59 - Jan 31 with 938 viewsjasper_T

Clucas on 06:48 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

And the question you, and plenty of others in fairness, need to ask more often is why didn't he play well for months?

As per usual most people couldn't wait to start slagging the player. It's fun and it's easy. Very few had any interest or inclination to ponder the reasons why a player who did so well for Hull last season was struggling with life at Swansea.

The few who chose to swim against the tide and venture that perhaps, just perhaps we should try playing him in the advanced role he was used to before writing him off completely are being thoroughly vindicated.

Van Der Horne is another prime example of this. Criticised mercilessly for being no worse than anybody else in Bradley's chaotic defense and rapidly becoming a cult figure now he's getting some games under his belt in an organised back line.

I don't remember vdH getting any more pelters during that period than Fernandez and Mawson, who have always had their critics ready to pounce on every mistake.

Every time one of our players has a good game people start queuing up to re-write history to make themselves look like the smartest kid in class. It's a bit sad.
Clucas on 13:09 - Jan 31 with 914 viewsswan65split

Clucas on 12:21 - Jan 31 by jack247

I’ll get slated for this I know, but those runs he was making for the through balls is something we have been missing since we were playing attractive football and Routledge was at his best. Before anyone jumps down my throat, the fact that Clucas has the composure to finish when through on goal is a major, major difference!

It’s not about luck or pace, it’s about intelligence, anticipation and timing. It’s why I defended Routledge for so long despite his shortcomings. I know it’s only one game, but to make those runs and get played in as often as he did can’t be a fluke. If he can keep making runs like that, he will be a nightmare to defend against.

all the top teams attack with pace and determination. or hard and fast,
you cant defend pace. for those of us that remember Micky Conway can see that he was awesome, cut short sadly.
Clucas on 13:27 - Jan 31 with 895 viewsjack247

Clucas on 13:09 - Jan 31 by swan65split

all the top teams attack with pace and determination. or hard and fast,
you cant defend pace. for those of us that remember Micky Conway can see that he was awesome, cut short sadly.

That wasn’t pace as such though, it was timing. That’s even harder to defend.
Clucas on 13:41 - Jan 31 with 871 viewsNeath_Jack

Clucas on 12:59 - Jan 31 by jasper_T

I don't remember vdH getting any more pelters during that period than Fernandez and Mawson, who have always had their critics ready to pounce on every mistake.

Every time one of our players has a good game people start queuing up to re-write history to make themselves look like the smartest kid in class. It's a bit sad.

"I don't remember vdH getting any more pelters during that period than Fernandez and Mawson"

He absolutely did.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Clucas on 13:46 - Jan 31 with 855 viewsJango

Clucas on 13:27 - Jan 31 by jack247

That wasn’t pace as such though, it was timing. That’s even harder to defend.

He made another 3 or 4 runs through that we’re t spotted by our players. If we can pick up a couple of creative players today who can find that special through ball more often then Clucas will thrive even more.
Clucas on 13:50 - Jan 31 with 844 viewsValeJack

Best performance of any player this season for me (bar the games when Fabianski has saved our goal difference). He was knackered towards the end of the game but still made the runs and pressed and harried their defence.

Could see he was gutted to go off and the fact he was caked in mud said it all. More of the same please from hereon in!
Clucas on 13:55 - Jan 31 with 835 viewspencoedjack

Fernandez is another

Clucas on 13:56 - Jan 31 with 831 viewsZaxx

Clucas on 13:41 - Jan 31 by Neath_Jack

"I don't remember vdH getting any more pelters during that period than Fernandez and Mawson"

He absolutely did.

Yeah.
What was it now, Van der hoof or something?

Good team effort again last night. It's lovely to be able to go and watch my team play football again (as opposed to parking the large passenger vehicle and making little effort to compete).
Clucas on 14:02 - Jan 31 with 808 viewsjasper_T

Clucas on 13:41 - Jan 31 by Neath_Jack

He absolutely did.

Fernandez was getting slaughtered on here every week (for his defending and distribution). Mawson was another crap lower league mistake of a signing.

Every defender we had was coming in for batterings as they rotated in and out, vdH was in no way uniquely vilified.

I wasn't keen at all when we signed him, but he hasn't looked out of place (for better or worse) since he started playing for us .
Clucas on 18:27 - Jan 31 with 730 viewsNirvana

Is this serious, Doc (and others)? I (and others) gave Clucas plenty of leeway to show his best, or something of note, and he has failed to do anything close to that all season.

I genuinely wanted and want to see him succeed, that's what a true fan does. I'm happy he had a good game and we got the win because of it. But let's not sugarcoat or pretend the truth is something it's not. As our record signing he has been nothing short of atrocious. One good game (yes one game, he was anonymous against Liverpool) does not change that.

I am not a Clucas detractor, just a realist. He was also anonymous in the small handful of Hull games I saw last season and that is exactly how most Hull supporters felt too (and that's putting it nicely). He was shuffled all over the pitch with them, as well, because he doesn't really excel anywhere. His stats do not reflect someone "who did so well" as an attacker either:

37 apps / 3 goals / 1 assist / 0.4 key passes / 0.8 dribbles / 1.1 shots

Bottom line, I think one good game against a shambles of a lightweight Arsenal defence is a bit early to be "thoroughly vindicated" given how poor he's been up to this point. I would love it if he proved himself worth the ridiculous outlay, but let's hold off on any victory cigars just yet, yeah?
Clucas on 18:32 - Jan 31 with 715 viewsPozuelosSideys

The difference with Fernanadez was nothing to do with who was the manager or what the tactics were.

Hes just been a good pro and improved his all-round game. Doesnt hoof it, doesnt try to be too clever with his distrubution. Has far better positioning on the field and cut out his mistakes. Obviously good coaching has helped this, but his improvements are made by him. Pleased for the guy.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024