Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium deal agreed 10:01 - Feb 17 with 64642 viewsDr_Winston

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stadium deal agreed on 20:09 - Feb 18 with 1792 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stadium deal agreed on 20:08 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

I would agree with this. I dont see anyone as a bad egg but I think you probably share my frustrations as to what impact/expertise is added...

Yes.

Poll: Tory leader

Stadium deal agreed on 20:10 - Feb 18 with 1786 viewsLord_Bony

Collusion may be too strong a word.

Libellous? no where near it.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Stadium deal agreed on 20:12 - Feb 18 with 1778 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stadium deal agreed on 20:10 - Feb 18 by Lord_Bony

Collusion may be too strong a word.

Libellous? no where near it.

Well publicly accusing someone of collusion if they’re not is the very definition of the word “libel” mun.

Stadium deal agreed on 20:12 - Feb 18 with 1777 viewsmonmouth

Stadium deal agreed on 20:04 - Feb 18 by exiledclaseboy

I dint think there are “bad eggs” on the Trust board but there are markedly differing views on approach and various other things. None of them/us are bad people.

I also think (and this isn’t aimed at you, Fath) that people need to be very careful when using words like “collusion” with all the associated connotations. It’s not helpful and bordering on libellous.

Well sorry mate, that’s not what Phil post reads like.

And collusion is nowhere near libellous unless it’s applied to something libellous as an action or outcome. I colluded with a dog today to get her across the road.

And for the absence of doubt, corruption is when integrity and expected purpose is sacrificed for personal gain, a fair reading of that third paragraph.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Stadium deal agreed on 20:13 - Feb 18 with 1763 viewsswancity

Stadium deal agreed on 20:04 - Feb 18 by exiledclaseboy

I dint think there are “bad eggs” on the Trust board but there are markedly differing views on approach and various other things. None of them/us are bad people.

I also think (and this isn’t aimed at you, Fath) that people need to be very careful when using words like “collusion” with all the associated connotations. It’s not helpful and bordering on libellous.

It depends how you define bad eggs?

You then refer to bad people. Not sure how you define this too?

Bad eggs though? It seems that way.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Stadium deal agreed on 20:14 - Feb 18 with 1761 viewsJackfath

Stadium deal agreed on 20:08 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

I would agree with this. I dont see anyone as a bad egg but I think you probably share my frustrations as to what impact/expertise is added...

Before anyone else jumps on my "bad egg" phrase, I did put it in inverted commas.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Stadium deal agreed on 20:15 - Feb 18 with 1756 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stadium deal agreed on 20:12 - Feb 18 by monmouth

And collusion is nowhere near libellous unless it’s applied to something libellous as an action or outcome. I colluded with a dog today to get her across the road.

And for the absence of doubt, corruption is when integrity and expected purpose is sacrificed for personal gain, a fair reading of that third paragraph.

Collusion - secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose.

Really?

Stadium deal agreed on 20:16 - Feb 18 with 1746 viewsPhil_S

Stadium deal agreed on 20:12 - Feb 18 by monmouth

OK so things may have changed in three months but an email discussion around (as an example) the share sale would bring very few responses from very few people at times

An email asking if anyone would like a directors box attendance for the upcoming FA cup replay (as an example) would generate far more responses.

I must admit I don't miss the afternoons in the directors box, attending a game in your jeans, having a beer or two with your mates and being able to properly enjoy the match is much more enjoyable!
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium deal agreed on 20:17 - Feb 18 with 1737 viewsmonmouth

Stadium deal agreed on 20:15 - Feb 18 by exiledclaseboy

Collusion - secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose.

Really?

I bow to your English skills. I thought it merely meant collaborate.

I agree then, Bony shouldn’t have said that.

[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 20:35]

Stadium deal agreed on 20:17 - Feb 18 with 1728 viewsE20Jack

Stadium deal agreed on 18:46 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

As I said back in November, the terms of the deal presented to us told me clearly that the relationship with the Americans was - and always would be - non existent at worst, subject to lip service at best.

Nothing I have seen in the past 3 months tells me that things have changed any more. Yet the board clearly wanted to continue working with them and trying to build a non existent relationship

It does seem that for some - and I say this with a heavy heart - the ability to sit in the directors box on a matchday is far more important than doing the job for which they should be elected. Take a look on a matchday and you will know who those people are.

I also firmly believe that the silence on this subject is more than a coincidence - I wonder if silence is complicit agreement or has been requested

I have been travelling internationally so missed this thread, just catching up with it now. Thanks for putting this firmly in writing Phil.

Many of us have been suggesting this is the case for a long long time and have been abused on here for suggesting so. To read it come straight from someone who would know is hugely refreshing. Was this also a reason for becoming apathetic towards your position in the Trust and eventually stepping down?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Stadium deal agreed on 20:19 - Feb 18 with 1714 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stadium deal agreed on 20:17 - Feb 18 by monmouth

Collaborate brings to mind Nazi occupied France. This is going well.

Stadium deal agreed on 20:21 - Feb 18 with 1700 viewsPhil_S

Stadium deal agreed on 20:17 - Feb 18 by E20Jack

I have been travelling internationally so missed this thread, just catching up with it now. Thanks for putting this firmly in writing Phil.

Many of us have been suggesting this is the case for a long long time and have been abused on here for suggesting so. To read it come straight from someone who would know is hugely refreshing. Was this also a reason for becoming apathetic towards your position in the Trust and eventually stepping down?

We had this discussion around Xmas time so not sure why it is "news" to you as I said much the same thing then in direct response to your question.

Apathetic isn't the word - I asked the board to back me in my belief that the relationship had broken down and we should pull out of the sale and I was categorically voted against. Because of that I felt my position to be impossible to continue.
Stadium deal agreed on 20:24 - Feb 18 with 1681 viewsmonmouth

Stadium deal agreed on 20:16 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

OK so things may have changed in three months but an email discussion around (as an example) the share sale would bring very few responses from very few people at times

An email asking if anyone would like a directors box attendance for the upcoming FA cup replay (as an example) would generate far more responses.

I must admit I don't miss the afternoons in the directors box, attending a game in your jeans, having a beer or two with your mates and being able to properly enjoy the match is much more enjoyable!

Right. I read it as stronger than that. Ok.

Still extremely irritating but not quite as nuclear as I first thought. Still need to be kicked off. Ethically that should not be in their minds at all. It’s a clear conflict of interest. A self interest threat to integrity and objectivity, not to mention a familiarity threat (eh, poor old mr cooze) and potential intimidation when they are there.

Anyone interested I’ll be doing a session on these very topics and how to safeguard yourselves on Friday. My charges are very reasonable...

Stadium deal agreed on 20:26 - Feb 18 with 1674 viewsmonmouth

Stadium deal agreed on 20:19 - Feb 18 by exiledclaseboy

Collaborate brings to mind Nazi occupied France. This is going well.

I thought collaborate merely meant working together.

Bony really shouldn’t have implied they were collaborators.

Stadium deal agreed on 20:26 - Feb 18 with 1674 viewsLord_Bony

Stadium deal agreed on 20:12 - Feb 18 by exiledclaseboy

Well publicly accusing someone of collusion if they’re not is the very definition of the word “libel” mun.

I said from a fans point of view it seems the Trust are in collusion, I did not name an individual. Merely an expression of speech.

Libellous is laughable.

And let's not bring Godwins Law into this .

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Stadium deal agreed on 20:30 - Feb 18 with 1645 viewsswancity

Stadium deal agreed on 20:26 - Feb 18 by Lord_Bony

I said from a fans point of view it seems the Trust are in collusion, I did not name an individual. Merely an expression of speech.

Libellous is laughable.

It seems that way.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Stadium deal agreed on 20:33 - Feb 18 with 1630 viewsE20Jack

Stadium deal agreed on 20:26 - Feb 18 by Lord_Bony

Libellous is laughable.

It does seem odd that certain board members seem completely against openness, even amongst fellow board members and appointed advisors. Just want things kept in the dark.

Rather than battling constantly to get this information, wouldn't it be better to name names (privately or openly) and the members can enter a motion to remove the members not acting as they should be ir as they were appointed to be. We are in a critical time here, trying to pussyfoot around not to hurt certain peoples feeling probably is not the way to approach this.

If they are not doing as they are elected to do then state it and get them gone and replaced with people willing to at what is a mile stone time for both club and Trust. We cannot afford to have people like this involved in the organisation (That goes for what both Phil and Lisa have said in this thread).

Stadium deal agreed on 20:40 - Feb 18 with 1594 viewsLord_Bony

Stadium deal agreed on 20:33 - Feb 18 by E20Jack

It does seem odd that certain board members seem completely against openness, even amongst fellow board members and appointed advisors. Just want things kept in the dark.

Rather than battling constantly to get this information, wouldn't it be better to name names (privately or openly) and the members can enter a motion to remove the members not acting as they should be ir as they were appointed to be. We are in a critical time here, trying to pussyfoot around not to hurt certain peoples feeling probably is not the way to approach this.

If they are not doing as they are elected to do then state it and get them gone and replaced with people willing to at what is a mile stone time for both club and Trust. We cannot afford to have people like this involved in the organisation (That goes for what both Phil and Lisa have said in this thread).

I agree.

So can we have an explanation off The Trust this week as to why they were kept well away from the lease negotiations of the club... a huge decision has just been made with no input from them whatsoever...AGAIN!

If they were unaware of these negotiations then why was that the case?

I look forward to the silent response.

Stadium deal agreed on 20:41 - Feb 18 with 1581 viewsE20Jack

Stadium deal agreed on 20:21 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

We had this discussion around Xmas time so not sure why it is "news" to you as I said much the same thing then in direct response to your question.

Apathetic isn't the word - I asked the board to back me in my belief that the relationship had broken down and we should pull out of the sale and I was categorically voted against. Because of that I felt my position to be impossible to continue.

Really? I don't remember that at all.

The only discussion I remember having with you regarding your resignation were the terms around the deal changing, yet aknowledging that we went into it surely knowing that was a probability (not possibility) and ensuring that blame was not shifted elsewhere as I was pretty angry we had entered the stance we did (the recomendation) knowing that they were untrustworthy individuals.

I dont believe at any point you had told me that you felt other board members were in it for themselves. Granted I do not read every thread, but think this is the first time you have stated it on here?

Happy to be proven otherwise, not that is matters of course.

Stadium deal agreed (n/t) on 20:42 - Feb 18 with 1575 viewsQJumpingJack

[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 20:44]
Stadium deal agreed on 20:42 - Feb 18 with 1574 viewsHumpty

Stadium deal agreed on 20:07 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

OK let me answer it a slightly different way

On several occasions I suggested that we should stop our presence in the boardroom. At times there was support from Stu Mac, nearly always support from Andy and Matt (in his time) but that was about it (although it was too early to think what Dave, Roger or Sian thought) and obviously this was before the likes of Lisa an Cudey were added to the board.

I spent a reasonable time there last season but didn't attend a single home game in the box this season (I dont think anyway) with the logic last year being that it was key that we had a representation at games whilst we tried to get a relationship working.

For me the moment it became clear the relationship was never going to happen was the time we should pull out but the line "We have earned this" was trotted out quite often...

I think the phrase "We have earned this" says it all unfortunately.

It seems to some what is good for the club or even the Trust is not paramount in their thinking. It's about themselves. Because they think they've "earned" it.

Shocking.
Stadium deal agreed on 20:42 - Feb 18 with 1570 viewsTheResurrection

Stadium deal agreed on 20:12 - Feb 18 by exiledclaseboy

Andrew, calm down with the Rumpole of the Bailey bullshit. If the Trust aren't communicating and leaving their members completely in the dark we have every right to consider whether COLLUSION is going on.

If it was me id be demanding a snap board meeting and smashing things out face to face quick sharpish.

I'd want to know the full nine yards and what the facking cat had for dinner.

Nice guys my cock.

The 3 that interviewed me I wouldn't expect anything of any note from them, ever.

And I'm pretty gutted I had to join up to this farce and become a member again. I facking chose to join a crew led by geriatrics and mutant facking sheep

Colluded!? Facking find out

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Stadium deal agreed on 20:45 - Feb 18 with 1559 viewsTheResurrection

Stadium deal agreed on 20:17 - Feb 18 by monmouth

Deceitful doesn't always have to be illegal.

Carry on and use the word at will.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Stadium deal agreed on 20:55 - Feb 18 with 1508 viewsE20Jack

Stadium deal agreed on 20:42 - Feb 18 by Humpty

I think the phrase "We have earned this" says it all unfortunately.

It seems to some what is good for the club or even the Trust is not paramount in their thinking. It's about themselves. Because they think they've "earned" it.

Shocking.

100%.

I remember stating at the time that I felt certain individuals wanted this deal to happen just to say they have been involved in and concluded a multi million pound deal at a Premier League club. It was something they could look back on as a defining moment of their involvement and actually see it as an achievement. Whether it meant they would endanger the club as a result was almost an irrelevance, ironically the same attitude the sell outs had who are rightly villified for. I really cant help but feel complete bitterness to these people, volunteers or not.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 21:01]

Stadium deal agreed on 20:56 - Feb 18 with 1496 viewsItchySphincter

Go on Phil.......!!

Go on.......

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024