Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium deal agreed 10:01 - Feb 17 with 64656 viewsDr_Winston

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stadium deal agreed on 20:31 - Feb 19 with 2681 viewsPhil_S

Stadium deal agreed on 20:02 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

No offence taken in the slightest. And I understand the concern. I'd say it's p1ssed me off but to be honest it's only cemented things in my mind. There's only one path from here.

Indeed there is. But you knew I would agree with that, was there several months ago
Stadium deal agreed on 20:32 - Feb 19 with 2670 viewslondonlisa2001

Stadium deal agreed on 20:27 - Feb 19 by Shaky

Good corporate governance means having things clearly set out.

And the extent to which the club can share condidential information with the Trust board is an important issue I first raised when Laudrup was sacked.

To me it seems obvious that this is an area in need of clarity.

And I don't agree with your suggestion that confidential information here is not price sensitive. What if news leaks that the club is considering a major signing or sale? That could have significant implications for market prices.

Again, I didn't say it wasn't. I said I didn't know offhand.

As I said, the SD doesn't circulate board papers routinely (or at least not to my knowledge). I was talking about specific issues. All information is treated as completely confidential. But as you well know I used the term price sensitive in its usual sense.
Stadium deal agreed on 20:34 - Feb 19 with 2659 viewsmonmouth

Stadium deal agreed on 20:31 - Feb 19 by Phil_S

Indeed there is. But you knew I would agree with that, was there several months ago

And only six months after some others....

Well, you started it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Stadium deal agreed on 20:39 - Feb 19 with 2638 viewsPhil_S

Stadium deal agreed on 20:34 - Feb 19 by monmouth

And only six months after some others....

Well, you started it.

Indeed...

And others wont be there yet...

I will always maintain that the right thing to do was to do everything possible to forge a working relationship first and foremost.
Stadium deal agreed on 20:46 - Feb 19 with 2617 viewsShaky

Stadium deal agreed on 20:39 - Feb 19 by Phil_S

Indeed...

And others wont be there yet...

I will always maintain that the right thing to do was to do everything possible to forge a working relationship first and foremost.

As you appeared to initially recognise when you early on issued your multi-ultimatums that were subsequently binned, unless that relationship was based on a legal footing it was always going to be unsustainable.

In many ways it is very lucky indeed that has become apparent in such a short period of time.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Stadium deal agreed on 21:05 - Feb 19 with 2574 viewsBobby_Fischer

Stadium deal agreed on 17:50 - Feb 19 by londonlisa2001

The Trust is entitled to comment back to the main board and vote.

It may be neither here nor there, as it can be outvoted but it should in my view, then make the position clear to members which would or could inform future actions.

why didn't you know?, please dont say because i wasnt told? you know that only washes where ECB works

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Stadium deal agreed on 21:06 - Feb 19 with 2566 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stadium deal agreed on 21:05 - Feb 19 by Bobby_Fischer

why didn't you know?, please dont say because i wasnt told? you know that only washes where ECB works

Another one.

Poll: Tory leader

Stadium deal agreed on 21:13 - Feb 19 with 2548 viewsBobby_Fischer

No offence taken in the slightest. And I understand the concern. I'd say it's p1ssed me off but to be honest it's only cemented things in my mind. There's only one path from here.

So watcha gonna do, shall we still build a bridges like you told us to?

Login to get fewer ads

Stadium deal agreed on 21:17 - Feb 19 with 2538 viewsTheResurrection

Stadium deal agreed on 19:55 - Feb 19 by MoscowJack

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. Apologies if I did in any way. I just didn't see you as a networker working a room. Sorry.

I agree that the devil's in the detail and, in nearly all of the lease agreements that I've been involved, the moment I thought I had my head around it an expert teared it to threads.

That's why the Trust should be extremely worried. We have no idea what the Yanks have signed off on. It could be horrendous, or could be absolutely wonderful....we have no idea.

The fact that the Trust doesn't have this info (or do just a couple of Trust people have it) is embarrassing and infuriating. The Yanks bought DC United, added a fancy new stadium and lead them to the heights of bottom of the table. Maybe they haven't finished with us yet....we're still not bottom!

I know I've been over-reacting a bit but the stance of the Yanks (completely ignoring the Trust...again!) and the lack of reaction from the Trust (which is an insult to the fans) has p!ssed me right off.

The stadium isn't a little deal with a local vending machine company or suchlike....it's the bloody stadium we play in!!!

I tried to network with him the other week in the Mens bog's in the Liberty. He doffed his hat and moved on pretty sharpish ;-)

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Stadium deal agreed on 21:18 - Feb 19 with 2530 viewsairedale

Stadium deal agreed on 20:22 - Feb 19 by londonlisa2001

Lol.

Like Clasie, I declared upfront that I didn't want to avail myself of that.

I’ll sit there if you don’t fancy it. I’ll even drink a gin and tonic if I have to.
Stadium deal agreed on 21:19 - Feb 19 with 2524 viewsBobby_Fischer

Stadium deal agreed on 21:17 - Feb 19 by TheResurrection

I tried to network with him the other week in the Mens bog's in the Liberty. He doffed his hat and moved on pretty sharpish ;-)

His son bangs the drum though.

Stadium deal agreed on 21:22 - Feb 19 with 2506 viewsTheResurrection

Stadium deal agreed on 21:19 - Feb 19 by Bobby_Fischer

His son bangs the drum though.

Its his son in law, Steve, a good guy, but that's Stu Mac

I was talking about Alan Sugar, sorry, I meant Andrew Godden ;-)

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Stadium deal agreed on 21:24 - Feb 19 with 2494 viewsE20Jack

Stadium deal agreed on 20:06 - Feb 19 by Shaky

That's it, let the paranoid nonsense flow.

You don't even have a viable conspiracy theory as to who you believe is defrauding who. Merely a vague notion that something dastardly is afoot, and that Lisa can clear it up.

What a joke.

Here's some light reading from the real world for you:
===========================
Spanish football clubs to repay tens of millions in illegal state subsidies

Real Madrid and FC Barcelona among teams Brussels finds guilty of unfair competition after receiving state finance

Real Madrid, FC Barcelona and five other Spanish football clubs must repay tens of millions of euros in illegal state subsidies, after the EU executive found they had received unfair financial aid from their government.

Real Madrid, the world’s top-earning football club, will have to repay €18.4m (£15.4m), after the European commission judged that an overpriced land deal with local authorities in the Spanish capital was unfairly tilted in the club’s favour.

Separately, an investigation into five Dutch clubs, including PSV Eindhoven, was closed after the commission said no EU rules had been broken.

The European commission, which is the enforcer of EU law, said football was an economic activity and that it had a duty to ensure a level playing field between sports companies.

Full story: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/04/spanish-football-clubs-repay-te

Shaky accusing someone of being paranoid is like Cousin It calling someone too hairy

I thought I had read it all on here.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Stadium deal agreed on 21:24 - Feb 19 with 2493 viewsswancity

Stadium deal agreed on 21:22 - Feb 19 by TheResurrection

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Stadium deal agreed on 21:32 - Feb 19 with 2462 viewsQJumpingJack

Will the Trust be releasing a statement on the stadium ownership?

And how many Trust board members are there? Perhaps it is time for the board to be reduced in size so any important decisions can be discussed quickly and easily.
Stadium deal agreed on 21:37 - Feb 19 with 2453 viewsLord_Bony

Stadium deal agreed on 21:32 - Feb 19 by QJumpingJack

Will the Trust be releasing a statement on the stadium ownership?

And how many Trust board members are there? Perhaps it is time for the board to be reduced in size so any important decisions can be discussed quickly and easily.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Stadium deal agreed on 22:10 - Feb 19 with 2379 viewsQuincy999

The Trust definately should use the ticket in the Directors box and the aim should be to influence the other Directors.
The best way to do this in my mind would be to invite a shit hot hypnotist to take that seat one saturday. He could hypnotise one of the fùckers around the buffett table.
Wouldn't it be great to see Huw clucking around the box thinking he was a chicken every time a certain chant was sung.
Stadium deal agreed on 22:13 - Feb 19 with 2369 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Stadium deal agreed on 19:33 - Feb 19 by TheResurrection

Hang on, do they?
Because my experience is they do nothing of the sort and Shaky is just being a bit of a smug know it all.

And maybe he could answer this, if the Trust weren't getting satisfactory responses from the Americans why couldn't it go straight to the Council and play holy hell there?

No they don’t Chris. I worded it poorly and my point was that however much noise the Trust makes the Americans don’t have to listen to any of it and probably won’t.

The Trust making a lot of noise may have helped get a lot more supporters on board and aware of the situation because in my experience talking to people apathy is rife amongst the wider fan base. Maybe if the Trust had shouted loud enough and long enough that would have been different.

Then we’re back to the right time to act and instigate legal proceedings.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Stadium deal agreed on 22:15 - Feb 19 with 2364 viewsBobby_Fischer

Stadium deal agreed on 21:22 - Feb 19 by TheResurrection

Now that is funny.

Stadium deal agreed on 22:23 - Feb 19 with 2340 viewsBillyChong

A good year or so too late
Stadium deal agreed on 22:33 - Feb 19 with 2310 viewsTheResurrection

Stadium deal agreed on 21:24 - Feb 19 by E20Jack

Shaky accusing someone of being paranoid is like Cousin It calling someone too hairy

I thought I had read it all on here.

Stadium deal agreed on 22:45 - Feb 19 with 2269 viewsZZoric

Stadium deal agreed on 22:17 - Feb 17 by ZZoric

hang on - there are 2 new appointees - posting on here, claiming they know nothing - wtf ?

why arent they chomping at the bit to proactively engage ?

all so very weak, passive and pointless

....and yet still all so passive, weak and utterly pointless

stop hiding behind endless paragraphs of defensive diatribe - time to p#ss or get the f#ck off - the last thing we need is hangers-on hanging around. hang ur heads in shame new appointees

finance affiliate ? - back-office at best - get on the front foot and drive
Stadium deal agreed on 22:49 - Feb 19 with 2257 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Stadium deal agreed on 18:23 - Feb 19 by monmouth

There should be no vote. There ae not two serious and viable options, not even for lickspittle poodles that enjoy their 'status'. Just get the court date set.

Of course there has to be a vote.

How can the Trust justify legal action without a mandate from its members having already previously taken a vote where legal action was rejected? The Trust has to show that due to a change in stance by the Americans there has been a change in the mandate from its members. Whether the Trust legally requires a mandate or not it would be mocked in court without a vote for legal action by a majority of its members.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Stadium deal agreed on 23:03 - Feb 19 with 2227 viewsmonmouth

Stadium deal agreed on 22:49 - Feb 19 by Joe_bradshaw

How can the Trust justify legal action without a mandate from its members having already previously taken a vote where legal action was rejected? The Trust has to show that due to a change in stance by the Americans there has been a change in the mandate from its members. Whether the Trust legally requires a mandate or not it would be mocked in court without a vote for legal action by a majority of its members.

Legal action wasn't rejected, the deal was accepted. The Americans have unilaterally reneged from the deal. There is no deal. And you think the Trust would be mocked in court?

But yes, ok. The "vote" should simply be to ratify the Trust Board's intention in pursuing a just and fair outcome through the only realistic course of action remaining.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Stadium deal agreed on 23:20 - Feb 19 with 2205 viewsLord_Bony

Stadium deal agreed on 22:49 - Feb 19 by Joe_bradshaw

The structure needs to be changed because most of its members who have to vote
(Football fans),haven't got a farkin clue of what's happening or the legal technicalities involved in such issues.

If we won the match just before the vote then in their eyes everything is just dandy.

We need leadership and decisiveness from the top...and we need it now today.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024