Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Ayew 17:11 - Mar 3 with 11632 viewsGaz_M

What a difference he made. He's not the most dynamic player, but he's aggressive and he's always a threat. We're a very, very different proposition when he's on the pitch compared to Dyer fvcking about.
Andre Ayew on 22:01 - Mar 3 with 3393 viewsdickythorpe

Ran his socks off, an example Of what we've been missing more often than not in the side.
Andre Ayew on 23:44 - Mar 3 with 3309 viewsGriffting

One of those very rare players who won’t just stand there like a lemon or admire what they’ve just done and will actually follow up by getting into the box.

And example was the pen. He plays the ball out on the wing and the next thing he’s in the box getting a foot in before Kouyate hacks him down.

One touch passing, seems to always know where his next pass is going, good touches and good turns. All this keeps our tempo up.

Fantastic today. Really was.
Andre Ayew on 00:00 - Mar 4 with 3290 viewsthornabyswan

Andre Ayew on 22:01 - Mar 3 by dickythorpe

Ran his socks off, an example Of what we've been missing more often than not in the side.

A clever player.
Glad to have him back

Was he a Jenkins signing

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Andre Ayew on 00:05 - Mar 4 with 3275 viewsjasper_T

Hopefully he can do it 9 more times against teams he hasn't played for.
Andre Ayew on 00:08 - Mar 4 with 3269 viewsthornabyswan

Andre Ayew on 00:05 - Mar 4 by jasper_T

Hopefully he can do it 9 more times against teams he hasn't played for.

Did well against Burnley as well

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Andre Ayew on 04:50 - Mar 4 with 3181 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Andre Ayew on 18:31 - Mar 3 by monmouth

We got a penalty mind.

Us. A. Penalty.

Certainly It's no coincidence; he earned us several in 15-16.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Andre Ayew on 05:31 - Mar 4 with 3162 viewsTownhill_Hilton

Looking forward to the brothers Ayew getting more time together. They are going to be very very good for us. Jordan is already showing real star quality, and Andre was always very good. Very exciting indeed.
Andre Ayew on 05:51 - Mar 4 with 3152 viewsdameedna

Andre Ayew for me is one of the best players we have had in the Premiership. At present he is the player who can adjust the tempo of a game. That is a rare quality from the wing. Strong, good in the airm created two goals for King and J Ayew what is there not to like? Of course there has been the constant comments in the past about square pegs and shape when Gylfi was in the team. Gylfi was an enigma though and it looks like we are on our way to 40 points. He has had a poor season by his standards but scored six for West Ham.

Arnautovic can do the same by adjusting the tempo and influencing the game but he got frustrated which has something to so with Naughton another of our top players.

A Ayew is a loss to West Ham. Heranandez and Arnautovic should be doing better together. I would be keen on Arnautovic if we survive and let Bony and Tammy go.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2018 5:51]
Login to get fewer ads

Andre Ayew on 10:31 - Mar 4 with 3050 viewsAngelRangelQS

Andre Ayew on 19:47 - Mar 3 by Dr_Winston

Led by example with his workrate and tempo.

Which he also did during his first spell here
Andre Ayew on 11:05 - Mar 4 with 3007 viewsnierika

I was wondering how much resentment from his experience at West Ham was motivating him
Andre Ayew on 11:21 - Mar 4 with 2968 viewsFlashberryjack

Andre Ayew was absolutely superb yesterday, not only in his play, he continually encouraged our players to press and chase and generally led by example, which rubbed off on the whole team.

Best team performance of the season by far, that includes the Liverpool and Arsenal games.

For the first time in ages I've felt confident of staying up.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Andre Ayew on 16:57 - Mar 4 with 2892 viewsunion_jack

Andre Ayew on 11:05 - Mar 4 by nierika

I was wondering how much resentment from his experience at West Ham was motivating him

This is a fair point in fairness. He was well up for it yesterday because it was West Ham.

As long as we see him perform similarly in a PL equivalent game to a 'cold Tuesday night in Scunthorpe' then we'll be happy. Maybe Huddersfield next week?

Glad to have him back that's for sure.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Andre Ayew on 17:07 - Mar 4 with 2868 viewsharryhpalmer

Guidolin got him right. He is a striker. No ifs. Not Buts.

His workrate yesterday was exceptional. Him and his brother.

Plus he really got stuck into them. He was definitely upset by something that went on there, and wanted to stuff it up them. Desperate to score, too. Hence why he was off it first 15 mins. trying too hard.

Once he calmed down, he showed great leader ship. And that is something we have missed in the team for most of the 1st half of the season, and certainly what the Hammers lacked.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Andre Ayew on 17:19 - Mar 4 with 2841 viewsmax936

Andre Ayew on 11:05 - Mar 4 by nierika

Small fish in a big pond at West ham, he's the opposite here.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Andre Ayew on 17:33 - Mar 4 with 2818 viewsItchySphincter

Andre Ayew on 18:11 - Mar 3 by BlasterJack

He's the most dynamic player in the squad!

One of.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Andre Ayew on 17:41 - Mar 4 with 2813 viewsDr_Winston

Andre Ayew on 10:31 - Mar 4 by AngelRangelQS

Which he also did during his first spell here

Yup. Some of the criticism (most of it really) during that season was bizarre bordering on idiotic.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Andre Ayew on 20:46 - Mar 4 with 2717 viewsItchySphincter

Andre Ayew on 17:41 - Mar 4 by Dr_Winston

Yup. Some of the criticism (most of it really) during that season was bizarre bordering on idiotic.

There were times that him and Sigurdsson seemed at odds with each other though. Nice to see him back and with Jordan more mobile and happy to attack from deeper he has acres more space to eat up. I think him and Jordan will push each other too, only natural between brothers.

If Fede went missing I'd make Andre captain in a heartbeat.

Andre Ayew on 20:51 - Mar 4 with 2702 viewsWarwickHunt

Andre Ayew on 20:46 - Mar 4 by ItchySphincter

There were times that him and Sigurdsson seemed at odds with each other though. Nice to see him back and with Jordan more mobile and happy to attack from deeper he has acres more space to eat up. I think him and Jordan will push each other too, only natural between brothers.

If Fede went missing I'd make Andre captain in a heartbeat.

Not Ki?
Andre Ayew on 20:55 - Mar 4 with 2682 viewsItchySphincter

Andre Ayew on 20:51 - Mar 4 by WarwickHunt

Not Ki?

One mention of the Korean Beckham (even when stating he's playing better) will bring out all the itchyarsehole/itchybum/itchyballs fans again!

Andre Ayew on 21:51 - Mar 4 with 2613 viewsSwanseaman

He took part in 2 of the goals, won the penalty and almost scored 2 himself (denied by the keeper).

MOTD mentioned something about him not showing the same level at West Ham. I disagree with that. He wasn't favored by Moyes, was just left out. His stats (previous post I made about them below) show he still had good form at West Ham.

Also playing with his brother it was great to see their link up play, and the understanding they have with each other. More of the same please

Goals:

Stats:
Fantasy league stats for Andre Ayew. by Swanseaman 2 Feb 2018 18:58
I've worked these stats out from minutes played by Andre Ayew. The first season when he played for us in 2015/16 season, he played 2927 minutes, got 171 pts, scored 12 goals and 5 assists.

For the 2016/17 season I've doubled the minutes that he actually he played, and I worked out that if he had stayed at the same form he was in and played double the minutes, it would be almost identical form to the season he played with us.

For this season, I have tripled the minutes he has played and added 1 third. The result shows that although his goal scoring has gone down slightly, his assists has gone slightly up, overall his points have gone down.

Taking into account that he was not a Moyles favorite and the amount of injuries at West Ham (that could be down to bad training), he still shows some good form.

Here is a full list of his stats worked out by minutes played (for 2016/17 & 2017/18: if he had actually played these minutes at the same form he was in at the time)

2015/16 2927 minutes 171 pts 12 goals 5 assists

2016/17 2878 minutes 178 pts 12 goals 6 assists

2017/18 2953 minutes 157 pts 10 goals 7 assists

[Post edited 4 Mar 2018 22:26]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Andre Ayew on 07:21 - Mar 5 with 2491 viewsDr_Winston

He's played in a West Ham side that haven't been particularly brilliant, suffered one big injury, yet still managed twelve goals in 31 starts for them.

Looking back across his career he averages a goal every three starts. For a player who often plays wider rather than as a central striker that's a damn good return.

If he carries on in the vein he started then £18m will be cheap.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Andre Ayew on 07:32 - Mar 5 with 2485 viewsItchySphincter

Andre Ayew on 07:21 - Mar 5 by Dr_Winston

He's played in a West Ham side that haven't been particularly brilliant, suffered one big injury, yet still managed twelve goals in 31 starts for them.

Looking back across his career he averages a goal every three starts. For a player who often plays wider rather than as a central striker that's a damn good return.

If he carries on in the vein he started then £18m will be cheap.

Correct as usual Doc.

Andre Ayew on 07:35 - Mar 5 with 2483 viewsThornburyswan

Good addition & should add value in these next 9 games but too early to judge him from Saturday - he was clearly very motivated to prove Wet Spam wrong, if he plays like that again away at Huddersfield then you could be spot on.
Andre Ayew on 07:38 - Mar 5 with 2480 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Andre Ayew on 17:19 - Mar 4 by max936

Small fish in a big pond at West ham, he's the opposite here.

I agree the Olympic stadium is a big pond compared to the bird bath that was upton bolyn park. Plenty of room for headless chickens at the London Stadium.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Andre Ayew on 13:06 - Mar 5 with 2396 viewssouthjack432

Loved the passion but it was probably more to prove a point to them. Hopefully he keeps that going for the rest of the season and we stay up!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024