Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk to Birmingham?? 19:30 - Mar 3 with 13346 viewsGroo

League One next year then.

Groo does what Groo does best

Monk to Birmingham?? on 16:35 - Mar 5 with 1755 viewsmonmouth

Maybe after failing at Brum ( I think he'll keep them up before crashing next year) he'll go through a couple more no hopers before pitching up at at the ultimate graveyard of diseased piggery in cardiff to try and save them from the league 1 drop in 2021.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk to Birmingham?? on 17:17 - Mar 5 with 1706 viewsbyron

Monk to Birmingham?? on 16:35 - Mar 5 by monmouth

Maybe after failing at Brum ( I think he'll keep them up before crashing next year) he'll go through a couple more no hopers before pitching up at at the ultimate graveyard of diseased piggery in cardiff to try and save them from the league 1 drop in 2021.

Bookmarked......

Benny

Monk to Birmingham?? on 17:24 - Mar 5 with 1693 viewsjack247

Monk to Birmingham?? on 16:35 - Mar 5 by monmouth

They’d be better to watch under Monk
Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:32 - Mar 5 with 1640 viewsswancity

I don't understand the criticism. He is a bright young manager. His two fully completed seasons in management have been regarded as highly successful by both Swansea and Leeds who enjoyed their best season for more than 15 years whilst Swansea enjoyed their highest placing for over 30 seasons. And that after halting a serious decline the season before. He was doing ok at Middlesboro too.

True he has an arrogance but then that's viewed as a good quality in football management. Not sure if Birmingham have money to spend but if so expect Monk to do well there. Best of luck as always to Swans legends.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:33 - Mar 5 with 1638 viewsjack247

Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:32 - Mar 5 by swancity

I don't understand the criticism. He is a bright young manager. His two fully completed seasons in management have been regarded as highly successful by both Swansea and Leeds who enjoyed their best season for more than 15 years whilst Swansea enjoyed their highest placing for over 30 seasons. And that after halting a serious decline the season before. He was doing ok at Middlesboro too.

True he has an arrogance but then that's viewed as a good quality in football management. Not sure if Birmingham have money to spend but if so expect Monk to do well there. Best of luck as always to Swans legends.

He wasn’t regarded as highly successful here. We sacked him
Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:36 - Mar 5 with 1634 viewsGlyn1

There's a pattern to his clubs isn't there. All big clubs in the Championship with realistic ambitions to get back into the Premier League including Brum if they spend well in the summer.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:40 - Mar 5 with 1623 viewsswancity

Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:33 - Mar 5 by jack247

He wasn’t regarded as highly successful here. We sacked him

Read my comments again. His completed seasons....

Yes sacked. That goes with the territory. Lots of impatient Chairmen out there. Probably left us at the right time though.

Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:51 - Mar 5 with 1605 viewsjack247

Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:40 - Mar 5 by swancity

Yes sacked. That goes with the territory. Lots of impatient Chairmen out there. Probably left us at the right time though.

Mamagers aren’t judged on ‘completed seasons’. Our chairman was too patient with him, as he (or his bosses) was with Bradley and Clement.
Login to get fewer ads

Monk to Birmingham?? on 20:03 - Mar 5 with 1585 viewsswancity

Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:51 - Mar 5 by jack247

Mamagers aren’t judged on ‘completed seasons’. Our chairman was too patient with him, as he (or his bosses) was with Bradley and Clement.

Disagree. Agree on Clement though.

Monk to Birmingham?? on 20:06 - Mar 5 with 1585 viewsLeonWasGod

Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:32 - Mar 5 by swancity

He did get results, that’s true. But it was purgatory to sit through. Awful stuff camped on the edge of our 18 yards box.
Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:00 - Mar 5 with 1554 viewsswancity

Monk to Birmingham?? on 20:06 - Mar 5 by LeonWasGod

He did get results, that’s true. But it was purgatory to sit through. Awful stuff camped on the edge of our 18 yards box.

Disagree. We scored goals and beat top teams. It is true that Monk implemented a gradual playing style change. It started as a plan b but met with success and it became a plan a.

His overall record here was very good. That's a fact.

Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:13 - Mar 5 with 1543 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk to Birmingham?? on 16:31 - Mar 5 by Tummer_from_Texas

I think it's a great opportunity for him. That article Groo linked, even though the author clearly is no fan of Garry, sums up why:

If Birmingham City stay up, and they have the talent to do so, then he’s seen as a (saviour). If the team is relegated, then he gets to claim that he didn’t have enough time to keep them up and he will be absolved of any responsibility.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 16:32]

He can't lose. The next compo will probably mean retirement in the Caribbean for Snakey and Lexy

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:15 - Mar 5 with 1542 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:40 - Mar 5 by swancity

The right time for him to leave was under Laudrup

Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:25 - Mar 5 with 1535 viewsDr_Winston

Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:15 - Mar 5 by Brynmill_Jack

The right time for him to leave was under Laudrup

The injury that stopped him going on loan to Bristol City was a real "Sliding Doors" moment. Had he gone then we might have been spared his reign as a manager.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:29 - Mar 5 with 1525 viewsJack_Kass

In the interest of fairness, the fact a director was knocking off a players wife had a substantial influence in it, aswell.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:37 - Mar 5 with 1509 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:25 - Mar 5 by Dr_Winston

The injury that stopped him going on loan to Bristol City was a real "Sliding Doors" moment. Had he gone then we might have been spared his reign as a manager.

Yes. The "phantom" injury. B*gger

Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:42 - Mar 5 with 1501 viewsGlyn1

It's fair to say that he's going to have an interesting week. Tomorrow they're at home against his old club Middlesbrough, then on Saturday they're away to Cardiff. No doubt he'll be getting 90 minutes of abuse in both matches.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Monk to Birmingham?? on 22:04 - Mar 5 with 1484 viewsEasternJack

Or if Chico had used 2 bricks...

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Monk to Birmingham?? on 18:17 - Mar 6 with 1365 viewsLoyal

And his continued meetings with Huw as players representatuve. Then all of a sudden he is manager. Not fit to buy the laces to lace the persons boots who laces Laudrups boots.

Modern day joker.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Monk to Birmingham?? on 18:28 - Mar 6 with 1347 viewsthornabyswan

Monk to Birmingham?? on 18:17 - Mar 6 by Loyal

And his continued meetings with Huw as players representatuve. Then all of a sudden he is manager. Not fit to buy the laces to lace the persons boots who laces Laudrups boots.

Modern day joker.

Talks a good game.
Would describe him.as a blagger.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:17 - Mar 6 with 1302 viewsFireboy2

Monk to Birmingham?? on 21:42 - Mar 5 by Glyn1

It's fair to say that he's going to have an interesting week. Tomorrow they're at home against his old club Middlesbrough, then on Saturday they're away to Cardiff. No doubt he'll be getting 90 minutes of abuse in both matches.

I do hope he uses the abuse to shove it up the scummers
Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:20 - Mar 6 with 1299 viewsFireboy2

Then he might not have been on the pitch to clear the ball off the line at wembley

Then we might not have been in the PL for 7 seasons

Just saying like
Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:28 - Mar 6 with 1291 viewsDr_Winston

Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:20 - Mar 6 by Fireboy2

Then he might not have been on the pitch to clear the ball off the line at wembley

Just saying like

Considering the mooted loan was the year after the playoffs I think we're pretty safe.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:34 - Mar 6 with 1277 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:20 - Mar 6 by Fireboy2

Just saying like

Because no one else was capable of blocking a shot and no one else did anything of note for 90+ minutes...

Just saying like
Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:43 - Mar 6 with 1263 viewsFireboy2

Monk to Birmingham?? on 19:28 - Mar 6 by Dr_Winston

Considering the mooted loan was the year after the playoffs I think we're pretty safe.

Im losing my marbles

Im sure it was before the play offs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024