Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans consider J.Ayew appeal 21:53 - Mar 10 with 12494 viewsLandore_Jack

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-consider-ayew-appeal

#backtojack

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 08:30 - Mar 11 with 1859 viewsThornburyswan

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 07:38 - Mar 11 by STID2017

When feelings were high during the game, I felt like "How can that be justified"
Watched it a few times on MOTD and TBH felt both players should have gone or both yellows.
Both were dangerous and reckless challenges.
I would just move on and be proud of how we responded if I was CC

This - move on & focus on the next match, end of for me.
Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 09:07 - Mar 11 with 1805 viewsKilkennyjack

It was a red for me.

Beware of the Risen People

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 09:19 - Mar 11 with 1776 viewsswancity

Def red card, stupid challenge from Ayew. Needs a severe bollocking.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 09:26 - Mar 11 with 1766 viewsE20Jack

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 09:19 - Mar 11 by swancity

Def red card, stupid challenge from Ayew. Needs a severe bollocking.

Not really stupid. Very unlucky actually as his leg caught a moving target, on another day he wouldn't have made contact there. I think it showed a lot of desire, just a very unfortunate situation. I hope he never loses that grit and doggedness to win balls. These things happen, part of the game, I am sure everyone st the club will accept it and move on.

But a red it was.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 09:29 - Mar 11 with 1758 viewsswancity

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 09:26 - Mar 11 by E20Jack

Not really stupid. Very unlucky actually as his leg caught a moving target, on another day he wouldn't have made contact there. I think it showed a lot of desire, just a very unfortunate situation. I hope he never loses that grit and doggedness to win balls. These things happen, part of the game, I am sure everyone st the club will accept it and move on.

But a red it was.

Rash, unnecessary, on half way, dangerous potentially he lunged into a tackle knee high both feet off the ground. Simply no need for it especially 10 mins into a game meaning the game plan of a weeks solid preparation was ripped up too.

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 09:33 - Mar 11 with 1746 viewsFireboy2

I know he will be a big miss but whatever ban he gets having the cup next week means he misses 1 less PL game which is more important
Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 09:38 - Mar 11 with 1736 viewsDr_Winston

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 09:33 - Mar 11 by Fireboy2

I know he will be a big miss but whatever ban he gets having the cup next week means he misses 1 less PL game which is more important

He's likely to miss three games. Spurs in the cup, which would be a shame to lose but not a disaster. Man Utd away which even with him in the side we'd struggle to get anything from, and WBA away who we should be able to beat without him.

If any of our key players were to miss three games, those would probably be the three we'd go for. Plus it gets him back nice and fresh for a very winnable game against Everton.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 09:45 - Mar 11 with 1716 viewsmonmouth

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 09:38 - Mar 11 by Dr_Winston

He's likely to miss three games. Spurs in the cup, which would be a shame to lose but not a disaster. Man Utd away which even with him in the side we'd struggle to get anything from, and WBA away who we should be able to beat without him.

If any of our key players were to miss three games, those would probably be the three we'd go for. Plus it gets him back nice and fresh for a very winnable game against Everton.

For all the deserved plaudits after yesterday, we’ll need a wholly different attitude from any that we’ve shown away from home under Carvalhal to win at WBA. I can see that being a draw. We will need to beat Southampton and Stoke I think to seal the deal, unless someone below us totally implodes. This is probably going to the wire.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 09:45 - Mar 11 with 1715 viewsLoyal

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 23:10 - Mar 10 by NeathJack

That rule no longer exists (I think).
[Post edited 10 Mar 2018 23:11]

Commonly known as the FAW Cardiff City season ticket holder, board member, decision making panel, Westcnt Street, Cardiff.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 09:51 - Mar 11 with 1699 viewsthornabyswan

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 22:48 - Mar 10 by Brynmill_Jack

This is the FA. Not the FAW

Yes remember Monk getting sent off at Shrewsbury and getting his ban increased.
But the panel were mostly Cardiff season ticket holders so I am sure it was the correct decision.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 10:14 - Mar 11 with 1661 viewsLeonWasGod

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 23:06 - Mar 10 by Dr_Winston

It's rash and it's high. Not sure there's enough to overturn it.

Agreed. It was both of those and I'd be surprised with a successful appeal.

Hogg wasn't carded, so there must be grounds for a separate review of that. He dived in, 2 feet off the ground, out of control and a clear stamp.
Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 10:16 - Mar 11 with 1653 viewsE20Jack

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 09:29 - Mar 11 by swancity

Rash, unnecessary, on half way, dangerous potentially he lunged into a tackle knee high both feet off the ground. Simply no need for it especially 10 mins into a game meaning the game plan of a weeks solid preparation was ripped up too.

Unfortunately players don't have the benefit of calm hindsight on the pitch, it is instinct to want to win the ball back if you lose it and I am sure Ayew felt he could the moment he went for the tackle.

Give me a player with that attitude and desire over someone who gives up possession with a whimper any day. He got unlucky.

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 10:34 - Mar 11 with 1630 viewsswancity

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 10:16 - Mar 11 by E20Jack

Unfortunately players don't have the benefit of calm hindsight on the pitch, it is instinct to want to win the ball back if you lose it and I am sure Ayew felt he could the moment he went for the tackle.

Give me a player with that attitude and desire over someone who gives up possession with a whimper any day. He got unlucky.

Cobblers. Don't be a buffoon all your life. You'd end every game with 7 players using that rationale. Was the tackle legal i.e. Within the laws of the game. Answer is no. Simple. It's nothing to do with being committed blah blah fooking blah

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 10:46 - Mar 11 with 1601 viewsE20Jack

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 10:34 - Mar 11 by swancity

Cobblers. Don't be a buffoon all your life. You'd end every game with 7 players using that rationale. Was the tackle legal i.e. Within the laws of the game. Answer is no. Simple. It's nothing to do with being committed blah blah fooking blah

I think you are getting yourself worked up and looking for arguments that are simply not there.

Nobody will be giving Ayew a rollicking and rightly so. He was committed to win the ball and got unlucky. That simple.

It is not a situation that happens very often, let alone several times a game, you are being a tad silly here in order to defend your initial silly post.

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 11:03 - Mar 11 with 1578 viewslancasterswan

Pointless appealling that red is my opinion. Move on.

For me it is a double offence, two yellows or more likely two reds. I think Hogg got away with it because he made a sort of 'save myself dive' after the impact and his rolling around was more dramatic than Ayew's. For such an important match and so early in the game, a serious telling off for the pair of them, two yellows and a drop-ball restart would be the common sense option, but that's easy to say in hindsight.

As an aside Fabianski made a wonderful save to keep us in the game tipping that ball. He was well positioned to shepherd a lot of close calls too. Leading candidate for player of the season for me.
Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 11:12 - Mar 11 with 1558 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

This is where a west wales senior cup tie would have come in very handy.

Or doesn’t it count anymore?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 11:16 - Mar 11 with 1540 viewsCooperman

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 09:29 - Mar 11 by swancity

It was a 50/50 challenge that he was more than entitled to enter.

Every one of our outfield players would probably have entered the tackle.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 12:08 - Mar 11 with 1457 viewsOldjack

if VAR had been available ,both would have been sent off ,it's not worth appealing ,move on

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 12:44 - Mar 11 with 1404 viewsBytholWyn

You have to look at the evidence before passing judgement. Viewed frame-by-frame this is the sequence of events:

Ayew gets to the ball a millisecond before Hogg, with a sideways right to left motion (taking his right leg away from Hogg's body), and plays the ball on to Hogg's shins and the ball bounces down.

Hogg's outstretched leg catches Ayew's inner thigh on the follow-through causing Ayew's right leg to move to the right and on to Hogg's left knee. Hogg then stamps down on to Ayew's left leg on the floor.

To my mind the fairest outcome would be two yellows - but if you had to give a red it should have been to Hogg - as his actions caused Ayew to make contact with his left knee, whereas Hogg has no extenuating circumstances to account for his stamp on Ayew.

We should definitely appeal. The only way the FA could legitimately uphold the original decision is if they also apply the same sanction to Hogg. Anything less would be a travesty of justice.
Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 12:49 - Mar 11 with 1391 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 12:44 - Mar 11 by BytholWyn

You have to look at the evidence before passing judgement. Viewed frame-by-frame this is the sequence of events:

Ayew gets to the ball a millisecond before Hogg, with a sideways right to left motion (taking his right leg away from Hogg's body), and plays the ball on to Hogg's shins and the ball bounces down.

Hogg's outstretched leg catches Ayew's inner thigh on the follow-through causing Ayew's right leg to move to the right and on to Hogg's left knee. Hogg then stamps down on to Ayew's left leg on the floor.

To my mind the fairest outcome would be two yellows - but if you had to give a red it should have been to Hogg - as his actions caused Ayew to make contact with his left knee, whereas Hogg has no extenuating circumstances to account for his stamp on Ayew.

We should definitely appeal. The only way the FA could legitimately uphold the original decision is if they also apply the same sanction to Hogg. Anything less would be a travesty of justice.

Spot on.
Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 12:50 - Mar 11 with 1387 viewsOldjack

if you look even closer ,both players had two feet off the ground ,both were worthy of red cards

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 12:51 - Mar 11 with 1382 views34dfgdf54

Two yellows would have sufficed, but never going to win an appeal, by the letter off the law Ayew and the other guy should have seen red, just wish refs would use some common sense.

What I’m more p*ssed off with is how the hudds player wasn’t sent off for a challenge which was exactly the same. No consistency.
Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 12:52 - Mar 11 with 1379 viewsharryhpalmer

Both players had both feet off the ground.

Both should have had red cards, s per the letter of the law.

Ayew certainly did not look to harm Hogg. It was a desire to get the ball. but that's not enough of a defence.

The only mitigation would be that the nature of Hogg's challenge were partly responsible for the result of Ayew's. Without that, the contact would not have happened as it did.

But it will be a toughie to argue and win.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 12:53]

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 12:54 - Mar 11 with 1371 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 11:16 - Mar 11 by Cooperman

It was a 50/50 challenge that he was more than entitled to enter.

Every one of our outfield players would probably have entered the tackle.

What about our striker who wont even jump for a header at a corner when he has a free chance at goal, or wont jump to compete for the ball in the 92nd minute of the game yesterday?

He wouldn't have entered that tackle. He'd have flung his arms around and blamed someone else for his poor touch.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swans consider J.Ayew appeal on 13:00 - Mar 11 with 1362 viewsPozuelosSideys

None of the 3 potential red cards were cynical or done with malice. They were all red cards though.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024