Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom is not a must win game 09:25 - Apr 4 with 4383 viewsSwansIndependent

West Brom is not a must win game 4th Apr 2018 09:23
I have read many times on here, and other sources, in recent days that Saturday's game at West Brom is a must win game for the Swans but we should come away from statements like that as they just aren't true. 0

What will the result be against West Brom?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
West Brom is not a must win game on 10:43 - Apr 4 with 2595 viewsPegojack

There's only one game that is a 'must win', that's the game that will see us mathematically relegated if we don't take three points.

However, we have three games left where our chances of winning are highest and WBA is one of them. We obviously also don't know what points total will make us safe yet, but I would suggest we need at least seven more points, so those three games take on extra significance.

I think 'must not lose' is a better label for this one.
West Brom is not a must win game on 11:15 - Apr 4 with 2554 viewsJinxy

West Brom is not a must win game on 10:43 - Apr 4 by Pegojack

There's only one game that is a 'must win', that's the game that will see us mathematically relegated if we don't take three points.

However, we have three games left where our chances of winning are highest and WBA is one of them. We obviously also don't know what points total will make us safe yet, but I would suggest we need at least seven more points, so those three games take on extra significance.

I think 'must not lose' is a better label for this one.

I agree - mostly. Personally, I'd take a point now (I wouldn't have said that before Pardew was sacked). 35 points may even be enough, but obviously shouldn't be the target! If we win on Saturday though, I think we'll be way more than fine. Big game, and a point would keep the momentum going - just, especially with JA (not just the Jack Army...) back against Everton.
West Brom is not a must win game on 12:25 - Apr 4 with 2481 viewsLeonWasGod

Must win for me. If we go down the 'must not lose' route before you know it'll be like under Monk and Clement camped on the edge of our 18 yards box for 75 minutes match.
West Brom is not a must win game on 12:34 - Apr 4 with 2461 viewsAl_Bundy

Course its a must win match.. if we do win and other results go our way then that will take a big step to safety and the opposite scenario if we lose.

The management and players need to embrace the pressure and deal with it and not hide behind the pressure of may be losing.
West Brom is not a must win game on 12:42 - Apr 4 with 2442 viewsbyron

West Brom is not a must win game on 12:25 - Apr 4 by LeonWasGod

Must win for me. If we go down the 'must not lose' route before you know it'll be like under Monk and Clement camped on the edge of our 18 yards box for 75 minutes match.

I think you are going to lose. You will need to beat Stoke on the last day, almost like a playoff.

Benny

West Brom is not a must win game on 12:51 - Apr 4 with 2429 viewsQJumpingJack

West Brom is not a must win game on 12:42 - Apr 4 by byron

I think you are going to lose. You will need to beat Stoke on the last day, almost like a playoff.

You would know about playing Stoke in the play-offs (and losing in the last minute when your fans were ready to invade the pitch to celebrate).
West Brom is not a must win game on 13:09 - Apr 4 with 2404 viewsLoyal

West Brom is not a must win game on 12:51 - Apr 4 by QJumpingJack

You would know about playing Stoke in the play-offs (and losing in the last minute when your fans were ready to invade the pitch to celebrate).

He walked straight in to that one.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

West Brom is not a must win game on 13:12 - Apr 4 with 2396 viewsLeonWasGod

That would be most like us; never do things the simple way when you can have a bit of drama. I see others have reminded you of PO matches against Stoke, so don't need to go there
Login to get fewer ads

West Brom is not a must win game on 13:25 - Apr 4 with 2376 viewsswanforthemoney

This ones a bonus. We have two must not lose matches Southampton and Stoke

I stand in the North Stand

West Brom is not a must win game on 13:37 - Apr 4 with 2351 viewslifelong

West Brom is not a must win game on 13:25 - Apr 4 by swanforthemoney

This ones a bonus. We have two must not lose matches Southampton and Stoke

It’s not a must win, but we need to win it.
West Brom is not a must win game on 13:49 - Apr 4 with 2330 viewsmonmouth

Depends how you frame the 'must win' question. If we want to stay up without an absolute pressure cooker experience, then it's absolutely a must win, yes. This is the last 'free hit' before it gets bloody tough (don't be fooled by Everton or Chelsea, they have much better players than WBA to damage us, and we aint getting nowt at Etihad.

They are bottom with 20 points from 32 games because they are shit and haven't won since the ice age.

We might not win of course, nthing's ever certain, but we must go into it with a 'must win' attitude in the team and the fans. If we don't win, certainly if we lose, we should be bitterly disappointed in my view, however we try and dress it up and pick out 'the positives'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

West Brom is not a must win game on 13:55 - Apr 4 with 2318 viewssherpajacob

2 wins should be enough from here.

we have 4 very winnable games left
WBA, Everton, Southampton and Stoke.

plus 2 games were a draw is very possible
Chelsea, Bournemouth

so 14 achievable points up for grabs, if we get half of them we'll probably stay up

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

West Brom is not a must win game on 13:58 - Apr 4 with 2316 viewslifelong

West Brom is not a must win game on 13:49 - Apr 4 by monmouth

Depends how you frame the 'must win' question. If we want to stay up without an absolute pressure cooker experience, then it's absolutely a must win, yes. This is the last 'free hit' before it gets bloody tough (don't be fooled by Everton or Chelsea, they have much better players than WBA to damage us, and we aint getting nowt at Etihad.

They are bottom with 20 points from 32 games because they are shit and haven't won since the ice age.

We might not win of course, nthing's ever certain, but we must go into it with a 'must win' attitude in the team and the fans. If we don't win, certainly if we lose, we should be bitterly disappointed in my view, however we try and dress it up and pick out 'the positives'.

I agree, lose it and we have 3 very difficult to follow, we don’t need to be going into the last 3 games having to win two of them.
West Brom is not a must win game on 14:18 - Apr 4 with 2282 viewsSTID2017

It is for me.
If we are not going all out to win this, then we could end up trying a backs to the wall approach and getting caught out.
Plus it puts more pressure on us for the remaining matches.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 17:28]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

West Brom is not a must win game on 14:38 - Apr 4 with 2265 viewsbuilthjack

Bristol City or Borough in the play offs for you.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

West Brom is not a must win game on 15:19 - Apr 4 with 2220 viewsSWANSEYE

In my book it has to be 3 points as the quicker we attain the target which should be around 37/38 points this term we can rest easy . . we don't want to start having nerves affecting us if it drags on and especially not down to the last game against Stoke who I really want to see gone !!
West Brom is not a must win game on 16:04 - Apr 4 with 2166 viewsthornabyswan

I remember that game police horses near the corner flags.
Never liked Stoke but I did enjoy that game.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

West Brom is not a must win game on 16:57 - Apr 4 with 2102 viewsLord_Bony

Remember it well.

That prick of a goalie and neighbour Neil Alexander used to live under me when I was in Cardiff Bay.

For weeks I could nt help but smirk every time he walked past me.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

West Brom is not a must win game on 17:49 - Apr 4 with 2036 viewsbyron

West Brom is not a must win game on 16:57 - Apr 4 by Lord_Bony

Remember it well.

That prick of a goalie and neighbour Neil Alexander used to live under me when I was in Cardiff Bay.

For weeks I could nt help but smirk every time he walked past me.

Why was he a prick? Bit harsh, very mild mannered quiet kid when he came to Cardiff. You still live in the bay bony?

Benny

West Brom is not a must win game on 17:53 - Apr 4 with 2027 viewsbyron

West Brom is not a must win game on 14:38 - Apr 4 by builthjack

Bristol City or Borough in the play offs for you.

Dont

Benny

West Brom is not a must win game on 17:55 - Apr 4 with 2024 viewsbyron

West Brom is not a must win game on 13:09 - Apr 4 by Loyal

He walked straight in to that one.

Took me weeks to get over that one to be fair.

Benny

West Brom is not a must win game on 18:00 - Apr 4 with 2011 viewsSTID2017

West Brom is not a must win game on 17:55 - Apr 4 by byron

Took me weeks to get over that one to be fair.

Surely it must be easier to get over, the more promotions you miss out on?
By now for example missing out to Fulham come May will be a dawdle

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

West Brom is not a must win game on 18:16 - Apr 4 with 1995 viewsbyron

West Brom is not a must win game on 18:00 - Apr 4 by STID2017

Surely it must be easier to get over, the more promotions you miss out on?
By now for example missing out to Fulham come May will be a dawdle

Yes, exactly my point, think of it like getting over a woman, it gets far easier the more you through to the point where you barely notice or care. I gave up caring about Cardiff City F.C. a long time ago. Still follow, but doesn’t affect my life one bit like most people I know. It always amazes me people get so worked up, have they nothing else going on in there lives ffs?

Benny

West Brom is not a must win game on 18:23 - Apr 4 with 1987 viewsSwanjaxs

West Brom is not a must win game on 18:16 - Apr 4 by byron

Yes, exactly my point, think of it like getting over a woman, it gets far easier the more you through to the point where you barely notice or care. I gave up caring about Cardiff City F.C. a long time ago. Still follow, but doesn’t affect my life one bit like most people I know. It always amazes me people get so worked up, have they nothing else going on in there lives ffs?

For someone who has fallen out of love with the beautiful game you seem to spend an awful lot of time on here? Have you nothing else going on in your life Byron my old mucker.... 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

West Brom is not a must win game on 18:23 - Apr 4 with 1986 viewsmax936

West Brom is not a must win game on 13:49 - Apr 4 by monmouth

Rondon worry's me and now with Pardew gone I fear for us there Saturday, they'll play with freedom and I can see a 2-0 or a 3-1 defeat, really hope I'm wrong, but they've a lot of very decent players who could well decide to turn up this Saturday.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024