Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
keefe/penny verdict 19:07 - Apr 30 with 20255 viewsexhmrc1

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/former-swansea-city-directors-clai
keefe/penny verdict on 12:30 - May 1 with 2219 viewsQJumpingJack

Maybe an independent body appointed by the Premier League can fully investigate how our club is being run.
The alarm bells are ringing.
keefe/penny verdict on 13:28 - May 1 with 2152 viewsPrivate_Partz

keefe/penny verdict on 12:08 - May 1 by MoscowJack

I've been following this one quite closely and it does stink!

It should have been a very simple case of either the sellers or the Club taking them both to one side and agreeing a sensible sum (12 month salaries as a pay off, a generous bonus on top to make it sweeter and seats for life) then moving on.

Greed (and maybe a bit of ego) from both sides took hold and it's made our club look small and petty again.

Jenkins is an extremely lucky man that the judge believed his stories of "accidentally" removing them as Directors as he would be in deep sh!t otherwise.

Once this season ends, whatever happens, it's time for HJ to go. We're slowly sinking closer and closer to the drop, whilst losing every little bit of the 'old Swans' (in terms of playing style, off the pitch engagement with the fans and so much more) but I would rather we looked back and remembered him for what he did for 10-12 years rather than the crap we've had for the past 4+.

I agree with all that MJ. Apart from the last bit.
HJ's excellent work will always be tainted by the way the Sell Out was handled and the egotistical way he went about things since the ML sacking.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

keefe/penny verdict on 14:16 - May 1 with 2109 viewsTheResurrection

keefe/penny verdict on 12:08 - May 1 by MoscowJack

I've been following this one quite closely and it does stink!

It should have been a very simple case of either the sellers or the Club taking them both to one side and agreeing a sensible sum (12 month salaries as a pay off, a generous bonus on top to make it sweeter and seats for life) then moving on.

Greed (and maybe a bit of ego) from both sides took hold and it's made our club look small and petty again.

Jenkins is an extremely lucky man that the judge believed his stories of "accidentally" removing them as Directors as he would be in deep sh!t otherwise.

Once this season ends, whatever happens, it's time for HJ to go. We're slowly sinking closer and closer to the drop, whilst losing every little bit of the 'old Swans' (in terms of playing style, off the pitch engagement with the fans and so much more) but I would rather we looked back and remembered him for what he did for 10-12 years rather than the crap we've had for the past 4+.

The statement from the Club suggested they did try to come to an agreement

The. Club seemed pissed off they took it this far, and let's face it, they've got nowhere with it, pretty much whatsoever.

They didn't even bother to make a comment..

And lastly, no one outside of Swansea gives two hoots about this case.

Something and nothing. It really is

If some were completely honest they would admit to hoping the tribunal would unearth some fraudulent goings on.

It didn't. That's the clearest message from the Court. But that's the one the majority of people are ignoring or not even believing

Pathetic. Once more.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

keefe/penny verdict on 14:21 - May 1 with 2102 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

keefe/penny verdict on 14:16 - May 1 by TheResurrection

The. Club seemed pissed off they took it this far, and let's face it, they've got nowhere with it, pretty much whatsoever.

If some were completely honest they would admit to hoping the tribunal would unearth some fraudulent goings on.

It didn't. That's the clearest message from the Court. But that's the one the majority of people are ignoring or not even believing

Pathetic. Once more.

So it is fine to stitch up long term friends and colleagues for personal gain when you are the custodian of a community organisation.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

keefe/penny verdict on 14:32 - May 1 with 2087 viewsTheResurrection

The Swansea City FC Statement.

"""A Swansea City spokesperson said: “The club is satisfied with the outcome of the Tribunal, which found in the club’s favour on the majority of the claims made against it by Mr Penny and Mr Keefe.

“The club recognise that some of our procedural issues were not fully in line with employment practice due to a lack of consultation and led to the successful claim for constructive dismissal; although the judgment clearly states that in theory the outcome to remove Mr Penny and Mr Keefe could be justified and did not inevitably have an effect on their position as employees.

“These procedural issues have already been reviewed and improved internally and will be addressed in relation to any future employment matters.

“The tribunal also rejected the allegation that the club acted in any way fraudulently in removing the claimants as Directors without their consent and had the right to appoint and remove directors following a change of majority ownership.

“The club was pleased that the tribunal found in its favour that Mr Penny was not directly employed by the football club under a consultancy agreement he drafted as a highly qualified legal practitioner to his financial benefit and, as such, substantially reduced any compensation claim.

“As expected, the age discrimination claims also failed on the basis that the Tribunal did not consider there to be sufficient evidence to substantiate the allegations. In fact, the Tribunal explicitly accepted the club’s witness statements that the reason for their removal as Directors was their lack of shareholding in the football club and not their age.

“On a personal note, the club is sad and disappointed that the matter had to come before a Tribunal. Mr Keefe and Mr Penny both served the club admirably over a lengthy period and despite the unfortunate circumstances surrounding their departure, their work will always be appreciated"""""

In there also pointing out that Penny was not directly employed by the Club, but more so his Consultancy Company was, drafted no doubt to pay less personal tax.

I'm pretty sure the Club, from that statement, offered them a settlement, it just seems they chose not to accept it thinking they would be better off in Court.

There things happen day in, day out in every business up and down the land.

Please, try to contain your ever increasing levels of faux outrage.

It's comical.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

keefe/penny verdict on 14:35 - May 1 with 2078 viewsTheResurrection

keefe/penny verdict on 14:21 - May 1 by JACKMANANDBOY

So it is fine to stitch up long term friends and colleagues for personal gain when you are the custodian of a community organisation.

No one got stitched up though. When you sell something you own you don't always have the luxury of demanding what the new owner does with it.

The new owners wanted Directors who had at least a 5% stake in the Club. I'm sure
Jenkins, Morgan or whoever made that call.

FFS I've had contracts come to an end I wish they hadn't. It's life, they're highly qualified professionals, they've got other interests.

keefe/penny verdict on 14:45 - May 1 with 2065 viewsMoscowJack

keefe/penny verdict on 14:16 - May 1 by TheResurrection

Pathetic. Once more.

Res, I get what you're saying and agree to an extent but, reading between the lines, Keefe and Penny (K&P) wanted more than they might have normally been entitled to and Jenkins & Co wanted to pay less than some might have expected to.

By that, I mean K&P probably saw how much everyone had made from the deal and expected a mini-windfall in order to resign, so that the deal could be completed. From one side it could be seen as blackmail, but from the other side it could be seen as a reward for all the hard work and free work that they had done over the years.

HJ, on the other hand, is notoriously tight! He probably realised the need to pay a certain sum, but wouldn't dig even deeper in order to keep everyone happy. Considering the windfall Jenkins & Co were about to get, it could be seen as advisable to simply dig deeper, take the hit, accept that this was needed to be done to complete the deal and "do the right thing", even if he might have felt that K&P were being unreasonable.

Both sides are probably right and wrong, but it makes Swansea City FC look extremely unprofessional, which is what we should all care most about.

What this also does suggest to me is that K&P haven't got anything else on HJ or they would have submitted this in court (unless it created problems that pointed straight back to them!) but I don't think this has ended here. I've no idea about their right to appeal but I imagine they will and even more dirt will most probably be dished.

It all could have been avoided though!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

keefe/penny verdict on 14:52 - May 1 with 2052 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

keefe/penny verdict on 14:35 - May 1 by TheResurrection

No one got stitched up though. When you sell something you own you don't always have the luxury of demanding what the new owner does with it.

The new owners wanted Directors who had at least a 5% stake in the Club. I'm sure

FFS I've had contracts come to an end I wish they hadn't. It's life, they're highly qualified professionals, they've got other interests.

I think you'll find the judgement was unfair dismissal.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

keefe/penny verdict on 14:54 - May 1 with 2048 viewsexhmrc1

keefe/penny verdict on 14:35 - May 1 by TheResurrection

The evidence clearly shows that the club made false minutes of a meeting that didn't take place and advised companies house on the basis of this. This is knowingly making false declaration to an official body. That says it all. The reason that Petty and Keefe took this on rather than settle is they clearly wanted to expose Jenkins and without doubt they have succeeded in doing so. It a shame you cannot see this instead of believing the cover up the club have issued. There was never going to be huge financial gain to them. Most claimants only get about 3 months income even if they win the case.
keefe/penny verdict on 14:56 - May 1 with 2045 viewsItchySphincter

keefe/penny verdict on 20:37 - Apr 30 by icecoldjack

Y'know what, reading the article i'm staggered we still have that big nose fooker at the club. If anybody is unsure on how this bloke acts just read the article, it's no surprise but there is now no hiding place for him either.

Tutu and Laudrup got him bang on, this is just the stuff we know about, let alone all the strokes that have been pulled by Huw and we haven't got wind of .

Shameful that him and the sellouts still get to walk around Swansea untouched, it's really an insight to just how devious our former owners are.

If relegated i expect the whole house of cards to tumble with the fans picking up the pieces yet again @swanseacity2.0

Get out of the fooking club ffs !!

Lol. A Laudrup thread by the end of page one.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

keefe/penny verdict on 14:56 - May 1 with 2045 viewsTheResurrection

keefe/penny verdict on 14:45 - May 1 by MoscowJack

Res, I get what you're saying and agree to an extent but, reading between the lines, Keefe and Penny (K&P) wanted more than they might have normally been entitled to and Jenkins & Co wanted to pay less than some might have expected to.

By that, I mean K&P probably saw how much everyone had made from the deal and expected a mini-windfall in order to resign, so that the deal could be completed. From one side it could be seen as blackmail, but from the other side it could be seen as a reward for all the hard work and free work that they had done over the years.

HJ, on the other hand, is notoriously tight! He probably realised the need to pay a certain sum, but wouldn't dig even deeper in order to keep everyone happy. Considering the windfall Jenkins & Co were about to get, it could be seen as advisable to simply dig deeper, take the hit, accept that this was needed to be done to complete the deal and "do the right thing", even if he might have felt that K&P were being unreasonable.

Both sides are probably right and wrong, but it makes Swansea City FC look extremely unprofessional, which is what we should all care most about.

What this also does suggest to me is that K&P haven't got anything else on HJ or they would have submitted this in court (unless it created problems that pointed straight back to them!) but I don't think this has ended here. I've no idea about their right to appeal but I imagine they will and even more dirt will most probably be dished.

Yes and unless you know differently then I think that's the case. I've certainly heard something similar.

But it's so insignificant in the grand scheme of things I honestly don't think anyone outside of SA1 gives a monkeys.

keefe/penny verdict on 14:58 - May 1 with 2039 viewsTheResurrection

keefe/penny verdict on 14:52 - May 1 by JACKMANANDBOY

I think you'll find the judgement was unfair dismissal.

Yeah. Constructive dismissal. But do you realise that pretty much anyone that's had to leave their job could win that. It's rare employers follow every single rule of employment law, except you've got to do it within a certain time period I believe.

It's nothing

keefe/penny verdict on 15:05 - May 1 with 2025 viewsexhmrc1

keefe/penny verdict on 14:58 - May 1 by TheResurrection

Yeah. Constructive dismissal. But do you realise that pretty much anyone that's had to leave their job could win that. It's rare employers follow every single rule of employment law, except you've got to do it within a certain time period I believe.

It's nothing

very few win constructive unfair dismissal cases. they are notoriously difficult to prove.
keefe/penny verdict on 15:06 - May 1 with 2024 viewsTheResurrection

keefe/penny verdict on 14:54 - May 1 by exhmrc1

The evidence clearly shows that the club made false minutes of a meeting that didn't take place and advised companies house on the basis of this. This is knowingly making false declaration to an official body. That says it all. The reason that Petty and Keefe took this on rather than settle is they clearly wanted to expose Jenkins and without doubt they have succeeded in doing so. It a shame you cannot see this instead of believing the cover up the club have issued. There was never going to be huge financial gain to them. Most claimants only get about 3 months income even if they win the case.

Yeah that was brought in front of the tribunal and you saw the short shrift it got.

It was easily explained and easily dismissed or are you just ignoring that whole aspect just to bang in the same point over and over.

The Club won this case, you do realise that don't you. Yeah. It didn't follow strict employment regulation and will need to compensate for that element, but this is a victory for Jenkins and Co, make no mistake about that.

keefe/penny verdict on 15:07 - May 1 with 2020 viewsTheResurrection

keefe/penny verdict on 14:56 - May 1 by ItchySphincter

Lol. A Laudrup thread by the end of page one.

I think he's frozen his brain in bucket of Norwegian ice mate. Clueless

keefe/penny verdict on 15:08 - May 1 with 2018 viewsTheResurrection

keefe/penny verdict on 15:05 - May 1 by exhmrc1

very few win constructive unfair dismissal cases. they are notoriously difficult to prove.

You're joking. They're 50/50 as no doubt many Company's don't follow strict rules when they want to get shot of someone

keefe/penny verdict on 15:09 - May 1 with 2012 viewsexhmrc1

keefe/penny verdict on 15:06 - May 1 by TheResurrection

Yeah that was brought in front of the tribunal and you saw the short shrift it got.

It was easily explained and easily dismissed or are you just ignoring that whole aspect just to bang in the same point over and over.

The Club won this case, you do realise that don't you. Yeah. It didn't follow strict employment regulation and will need to compensate for that element, but this is a victory for Jenkins and Co, make no mistake about that.

the club did not win the case. The court judged in the favour of Petty and Keefe
keefe/penny verdict on 15:16 - May 1 with 1994 viewsexhmrc1

Former Swansea City directors' claim of club's unfair dismissal is upheld
It was judged to be "well founded" by an employment tribunal

How much clearer can it be that the judge found Penny and Keefe's case WELL FOUNDED.
keefe/penny verdict on 15:23 - May 1 with 1983 viewsTheResurrection

keefe/penny verdict on 15:16 - May 1 by exhmrc1

How much clearer can it be that the judge found Penny and Keefe's case WELL FOUNDED.

Yes but a clear case as any of winning a battle and losing a war.

Ask the two in question if they feel they've won.

keefe/penny verdict on 15:24 - May 1 with 1982 viewsDarran

keefe/penny verdict on 15:16 - May 1 by exhmrc1

I wouldn’t waste your time Mate,as several PMs have suggested today he’s either on the payroll or Jenkins has got something on him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

keefe/penny verdict on 15:24 - May 1 with 1981 viewsDippy

keefe/penny verdict on 14:45 - May 1 by MoscowJack

I remember seeing Huw/Keefe/Penny in either an airport or services going to an away game together as normal fans.. that was before the corporate entity consumed Huw.. 14 years association as mainly friends.. it's like a movie scene when someone needs a hand because they're falling off a cliff.. and he walks away.

But Huw & Martin don't know what they're getting themselves into.. these are Harvard standard operators, they know your skills, they know your limits, they know what you're about.. it's rather comical watching it all pan out.

They're watching this, and know it's all rather average..

Have you ever been 1st in anything? Won stuff? All on your loansome against world class operators?

Huw all throughout his life has finished 6th 7th 8th 9th 58th on any leader board most probably.

He has never actually hit 1st spot in his life.. or even 2nd 3rd or 4th..

In his 50+ years of life he hasn't even mustered anything of note.. possibly come 3rd a couple of times.

These guys he's up against have come 1st, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 1st, possibly went to 10th once during their whole lives all on their own merit.

Can they both see? That they're out of their league?.. it's showing on the pitch.. and soon, due to the lack of consistent top level performers and average eyes on things.. it's down we go.

Logic, percentages, odds, everything will deviate to the outcome naturally.

Always does.. it's the theory of everything.

That's not to say Huw can't improve.. but he's what? In his 50s now.. it's hard to say where he can improve.

Poll: Cooper Out

keefe/penny verdict on 15:30 - May 1 with 1964 viewsTheResurrection

keefe/penny verdict on 15:24 - May 1 by Darran

I wouldn’t waste your time Mate,as several PMs have suggested today he’s either on the payroll or Jenkins has got something on him.

The magic pm box went into overdrive when you cruelly exposed Kevin Austin and brought misery on his family.

I'm still getting people come up to me wanting to punch your lights out.

keefe/penny verdict on 15:32 - May 1 with 1954 viewsTheResurrection

keefe/penny verdict on 15:24 - May 1 by Dippy

I remember seeing Huw/Keefe/Penny in either an airport or services going to an away game together as normal fans.. that was before the corporate entity consumed Huw.. 14 years association as mainly friends.. it's like a movie scene when someone needs a hand because they're falling off a cliff.. and he walks away.

But Huw & Martin don't know what they're getting themselves into.. these are Harvard standard operators, they know your skills, they know your limits, they know what you're about.. it's rather comical watching it all pan out.

They're watching this, and know it's all rather average..

Have you ever been 1st in anything? Won stuff? All on your loansome against world class operators?

Huw all throughout his life has finished 6th 7th 8th 9th 58th on any leader board most probably.

He has never actually hit 1st spot in his life.. or even 2nd 3rd or 4th..

In his 50+ years of life he hasn't even mustered anything of note.. possibly come 3rd a couple of times.

These guys he's up against have come 1st, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 1st, possibly went to 10th once during their whole lives all on their own merit.

Can they both see? That they're out of their league?.. it's showing on the pitch.. and soon, due to the lack of consistent top level performers and average eyes on things.. it's down we go.

Logic, percentages, odds, everything will deviate to the outcome naturally.

Always does.. it's the theory of everything.

That's not to say Huw can't improve.. but he's what? In his 50s now.. it's hard to say where he can improve.

Together with Co Directors brought Swansea City from the bottom division to the top division and kept us there for 7 seasons and counting.

That's first class in my eyes.

Your posts are barking mad.

keefe/penny verdict on 15:42 - May 1 with 1932 viewsDippy

keefe/penny verdict on 15:32 - May 1 by TheResurrection

Together with Co Directors brought Swansea City from the bottom division to the top division and kept us there for 7 seasons and counting.

That's first class in my eyes.

Your posts are barking mad.

Read it again.. ffs.. something help him.

Poll: Cooper Out

keefe/penny verdict on 15:43 - May 1 with 1929 viewsDarran

keefe/penny verdict on 15:30 - May 1 by TheResurrection

The magic pm box went into overdrive when you cruelly exposed Kevin Austin and brought misery on his family.

I'm still getting people come up to me wanting to punch your lights out.

And that’s fine by me.
I was wrong to post what people down the Liberty told me,I apologised,learnt from it and moved on.

You though are the biggest çunt of all.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024