Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread 11:51 - May 6 with 41959 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 8 May 2018 18:50]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 09:39 - May 8 with 3395 viewsBloodyhills

I think West Brom would need t win their last game 5 - 0 and hope that Swansea draw with Southampton and that both lose their last games. WB have left it too late. They must be wondering what might have been if they sacked the manager earlier.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 09:46 - May 8 with 3387 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 09:39 - May 8 by Bloodyhills

I think West Brom would need t win their last game 5 - 0 and hope that Swansea draw with Southampton and that both lose their last games. WB have left it too late. They must be wondering what might have been if they sacked the manager earlier.

We got a good point there, so it seems.

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 09:56 - May 8 with 3368 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 09:39 - May 8 by Bloodyhills

Yes, correct.

More likely Southampton lose their last game by 5 against Man City than WBA win by that amount. A five goal swing anyway. On Saturday morning West Brom needed 8 results to go exactly their way. They got all 4 on the weekend but it’s never going to happen.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 10:27 - May 8 with 3303 viewsCaptain_Sham

I will take a draw tonight, which will be the 5th result they need.

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 10:34 - May 8 with 3284 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 09:56 - May 8 by Joe_bradshaw

Yes, correct.

More likely Southampton lose their last game by 5 against Man City than WBA win by that amount. A five goal swing anyway. On Saturday morning West Brom needed 8 results to go exactly their way. They got all 4 on the weekend but it’s never going to happen.

Why 4? Wouldn't WBA have wanted Southampton to lose last weekend as well?
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 11:46 - May 8 with 3170 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 10:34 - May 8 by ploppy

Why 4? Wouldn't WBA have wanted Southampton to lose last weekend as well?

Southampton not to win was their 'needed' result in that game.

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 12:19 - May 8 with 3103 viewsjasonbromham

For me we have to give Renato a chance:

Fabianski
Roberts Van Der Hoorn Mawson Olsson
Leon Sanches
Narsingh A.Ayew J.Ayew
Abraham

We have to go for this, the midfield we have are all rubbish. We need to rely on Leon's experience on this game and that should give Renato a bit of chance to get forward. Clucas and Carroll are both not good enough. Ki is already thinking about his next destination and King showed early signs of promise but has been poor the last few games. We don't have any other midfield players and I feel this is our best option. The only other option I could see would be bring Byers in and move Andre to the right.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 12:26 - May 8 with 3083 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 12:19 - May 8 by jasonbromham

Fabianski
Leon Sanches
Narsingh A.Ayew J.Ayew
Abraham

We have to go for this, the midfield we have are all rubbish. We need to rely on Leon's experience on this game and that should give Renato a bit of chance to get forward. Clucas and Carroll are both not good enough. Ki is already thinking about his next destination and King showed early signs of promise but has been poor the last few games. We don't have any other midfield players and I feel this is our best option. The only other option I could see would be bring Byers in and move Andre to the right.

Leon and Sanchez together?

Neither even close to match fit and doubts about their fitness.

Would be the most reckless gamble imaginable for a game of this magnitude.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 12:32 - May 8 with 3071 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 12:19 - May 8 by jasonbromham

Fabianski
Leon Sanches
Narsingh A.Ayew J.Ayew
Abraham

Bonkers.

No Fede? Bonkers fookin' mental.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 12:33 - May 8 with 3067 viewswestwalesed

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 21:53 - May 7 by AguycalledJack

So at every opportunity let’s hope we Take a shot.
[Post edited 7 May 2018 21:54]

Please.

I've been to six games this season and not seen us score yet!!!

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 12:36 - May 8 with 3064 viewsunion_jack

Fabianski
Leon Sanches
Narsingh A.Ayew J.Ayew
Abraham

🤣

Can you imagine what would happen or be said if we fielded this team and lost comfortably (which would be a likelihood).

You can't put players who've not played for months, who have not shown they are capable (Sanches) and are not fit into any game, never mind one of this importance!!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 12:42 - May 8 with 3051 viewsLegend83

It's a good job the office is quiet today because I am bricking it which is manifesting itself in a) no work; b) bouncing on my chair and generally being irritable and all over the shop; and c) eating a lot very noisily to keep myself occupied.

Bring on 5pm!
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 13:04 - May 8 with 3004 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 12:42 - May 8 by Legend83

It's a good job the office is quiet today because I am bricking it which is manifesting itself in a) no work; b) bouncing on my chair and generally being irritable and all over the shop; and c) eating a lot very noisily to keep myself occupied.

Bring on 5pm!

I'm struggling. I've got the concentration span and bladder control of a pregnant goldfish today. Feck it, I'm off to the gym as I can't spend more than 5 minutes at down in any case.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 13:17 - May 8 with 2960 viewsSwan91

scrap the 532 and do a 4321/433 style....

-----------------Fabianski------------------
Roberts-----Fede------Mawson-------Ollson
---------------King-------Clucas--------------
----------------------Ki----------------------
--------A.Ayew---------------J.Ayew----
-------------------Tammy--------------

Have the ayew brothers wing/cutting in as forwards to help Tammy. I just have a feeling tammy will have more chance of getting a lucky goal than the ayews at the moment. and both the ayews can do decent runs whilst hopefully bringing decent passes for each other and tammy.

King and clucas in cm because I think out of all of our cms they will be up for a fight. and ki on to also run forwards more and pass it to the ayew brothers for them to start the attacks.

defence is pretty obvious.. but I like Roberts and don't believe he will be too much different than naughton but maybe able to run ahead more and cross the ball more... this would be a game he would love to prove himself in!

if things aren't going well and we need a pacy winger style bring narsingh/dyer on for Ki and move A.Ayew deeper to Am style play. his runs from the mid part would be decent bringing in the wingers and strikers whilst also winning free kicks..
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 13:21 - May 8 with 2952 viewsjasonbromham

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 12:32 - May 8 by WarwickHunt

Bonkers.

No Fede? Bonkers fookin' mental.

It would have to be instead of Mawson as Van Der Hoorn as been by far our best defender since the new year.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 13:22 - May 8 with 2946 viewsjasonbromham

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 12:26 - May 8 by Joe_bradshaw

Leon and Sanchez together?

Neither even close to match fit and doubts about their fitness.

Would be the most reckless gamble imaginable for a game of this magnitude.

Not saying it's ideal really, just shows how bad we are. To think midifeld had the most depth not too long ago.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 13:25 - May 8 with 2936 viewsJohnw102

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 13:21 - May 8 by jasonbromham

It would have to be instead of Mawson as Van Der Hoorn as been by far our best defender since the new year.

No loss there then, Mawson has been the weakest of the three, ever since his England call up, has his eyes on a bigger prize.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 14:39 - May 8 with 2799 viewsMorristonmike

Come on the swans everybody just go for it lets smash them

Going to milford now and then straight for a drink on route the ground
F*ck of southampton
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 15:07 - May 8 with 2735 viewsAl_Bundy

Why are some on here happy to take a draw ??

A draw should be our worst outcome - obviously a defeat see's us down or out of our hands

We need to WIN !!
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 15:14 - May 8 with 2717 viewsJohnw102

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 14:39 - May 8 by Morristonmike

Come on the swans everybody just go for it lets smash them

Going to milford now and then straight for a drink on route the ground
F*ck of southampton

2 hours before the Pembs Jack coach picks me up, been killing time all day! Don't even fancy a pint at the moment.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 15:45 - May 8 with 2647 viewsblaenaugwentjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 13:17 - May 8 by Swan91

scrap the 532 and do a 4321/433 style....

-----------------Fabianski------------------
Roberts-----Fede------Mawson-------Ollson
---------------King-------Clucas--------------
----------------------Ki----------------------
--------A.Ayew---------------J.Ayew----
-------------------Tammy--------------

Have the ayew brothers wing/cutting in as forwards to help Tammy. I just have a feeling tammy will have more chance of getting a lucky goal than the ayews at the moment. and both the ayews can do decent runs whilst hopefully bringing decent passes for each other and tammy.

King and clucas in cm because I think out of all of our cms they will be up for a fight. and ki on to also run forwards more and pass it to the ayew brothers for them to start the attacks.

defence is pretty obvious.. but I like Roberts and don't believe he will be too much different than naughton but maybe able to run ahead more and cross the ball more... this would be a game he would love to prove himself in!

if things aren't going well and we need a pacy winger style bring narsingh/dyer on for Ki and move A.Ayew deeper to Am style play. his runs from the mid part would be decent bringing in the wingers and strikers whilst also winning free kicks..

I would probably go with that starting 11, too big a game and too much of a risk to throw in players who have not played for months.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 15:47 - May 8 with 2635 viewsswan65split

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 12:42 - May 8 by Legend83

Bring on 5pm!

Ah eating a lot ? ditto, same here, must be nerves.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 15:57 - May 8 with 2610 viewswestwalesed

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 15:14 - May 8 by Johnw102

2 hours before the Pembs Jack coach picks me up, been killing time all day! Don't even fancy a pint at the moment.

PembsJack Coach? I didn't know there was such a thing!

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 16:22 - May 8 with 2546 viewsAl_Bundy

Maybe we should be playing the Swansea v Hull game pre-match tonight on the big screen.. that would certainly lift the crowd !
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 17:20 - May 8 with 2399 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Southampton will be coming to win tonight

They won’t fancy having to beat Man City last game

Game on

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024