Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread 11:51 - May 6 with 41963 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 8 May 2018 18:50]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 12:07 - May 7 with 4189 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 08:44 - May 7 by splJack

Swansea 3 - 1 Southampton

We've clearly targeted this fixture for 3 points and the team and crowd are going to be right up for it. Home advantage will tell.

Thats why we are in the shite, targeting games, the problem with that is you run out of them while loosing the non targeted games like Bournemouth and West Brom to name but 2.

The players should have treated Saturdays game as a cup final and put every last scrap of effort into every tackle, header, sprint, challenge etc. etc. but we just played like it was just another game.

We have left this far too late, there was no urgency at all on Saturday which is unbelievable and unacceptable considering our position.

Lets hope the manager and players all find a pair of bollocks for the next 2 home games cos we will be passing the Blue Birds on the way down, what more incentive do we need?
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 12:12 - May 7 with 4176 viewsCaptain_Sham

Lets hope Lamina is out
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43353971
Whats interesting is that the table in that preview is from when the game should have been played. Fking FA cup.
[Post edited 7 May 2018 12:15]

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 13:06 - May 7 with 4126 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 22:42 - May 6 by swanforthemoney

Get a grip boys. Let's get down the ground , cheer the lads as loud as we can and hope for the best.
We are in danger of talking ourselves out of it if we aren't careful.
Belief and support required.

Unfortunately it is not us that need the "belief".
Our players do not normally respond well to pressure and tend to go to pieces skill wise.
Fingers and toes crossed for a really dynamic perfromance from them.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 15:35 - May 7 with 4018 viewsMorristonmike

Its going to be mental
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:07 - May 7 with 3871 viewsperplex

Just see it now we dominate for a while get a couple of goal scoring chances that are missed through panic, and even tho the fans are still behind them the team start making mistakes due to the weak mentality of many of them and the lack of a leader, we end up conceding and probably go down to a 1 or 2 goal defeat., if I`m wrong I`ll be happy to take the flak for my lack of confidence, in these players.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:10 - May 7 with 3865 viewsperplex

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:07 - May 7 by perplex

Just see it now we dominate for a while get a couple of goal scoring chances that are missed through panic, and even tho the fans are still behind them the team start making mistakes due to the weak mentality of many of them and the lack of a leader, we end up conceding and probably go down to a 1 or 2 goal defeat., if I`m wrong I`ll be happy to take the flak for my lack of confidence, in these players.

Then in my sub consciousness I see the team going out and putting in the performance of the season and blowing Southampton away.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:17 - May 7 with 3852 viewsJethroJack

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:10 - May 7 by perplex

Then in my sub consciousness I see the team going out and putting in the performance of the season and blowing Southampton away.

That's baffling...which is why you're perplex(ed).
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:24 - May 7 with 3847 viewsperplex

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:17 - May 7 by JethroJack

That's baffling...which is why you're perplex(ed).

That`s the spirit, do you still think the fans spirit will get us the win as you said for the Bournemouth game personally I think its down to the players but seeing as there pretty poor its a big ask but as long us fans have spirit we should be ok.
[Post edited 7 May 2018 18:24]
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:44 - May 7 with 3809 viewsswan65split

I think on paper, we are the better of 2 poor sides, Saints, will be up for it , fired up by Hughsey.
I just hope hope we are s well, and A AYEW proves his worth
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:47 - May 7 with 3809 viewsAmbergambler

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:44 - May 7 by swan65split

I think on paper, we are the better of 2 poor sides, Saints, will be up for it , fired up by Hughsey.

I had great hopes for the Ayew brothers playing together, but I think Jordan was better before his brother joined him.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:17 - May 7 with 3766 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:44 - May 7 by swan65split

I'd trade most of their first team for most of ours tbh. Stick Fabianski in goal for them and they're a mid table side (Alex McCarthy's got the worst shot save % in the league or something).
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:49 - May 7 with 3729 viewsspiderboy

For all of the swans fans who are watching it on the box...SHOUT AT YOUR TEAM ON THE TELLY.!!!.IT REALLY DOES HELP YOUR TEAM!!
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 20:14 - May 7 with 3700 viewsOldjack

i really want to see the bros score in the same game for us, now that would be nice along with a 3-0 victory ,make it happen Carlos

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 21:19 - May 7 with 3597 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 20:14 - May 7 by Oldjack

i really want to see the bros score in the same game for us, now that would be nice along with a 3-0 victory ,make it happen Carlos

Me too fella but having watched A Ayew not hit the target from inside the penalty box against Chelsea and Jordan's missed sitter Saturday i'm not so sure.

We just need to up the tempo of our game x 3 especially without the ball. We need to compete for everything we can and deny Southampton any time and space but since the west ham game we haven't done anything like that.

We have been the easiest team in the poem to play against especially away from home.

But we are where we are and have to take this opportunity tomorrow and scrap for everything.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 21:53 - May 7 with 3534 viewsAguycalledJack

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:17 - May 7 by jasper_T

I'd trade most of their first team for most of ours tbh. Stick Fabianski in goal for them and they're a mid table side (Alex McCarthy's got the worst shot save % in the league or something).

So at every opportunity let’s hope we Take a shot.
[Post edited 7 May 2018 21:54]
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 22:16 - May 7 with 3502 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 09:26 - May 7 by centrestandswan

We have five players in that team who have recently been in a Premier League survival fight, surely that experience should mean something, sadly three got relegated if I remember correctly.

Arguably they all have apart from Roberts
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 23:14 - May 7 with 3417 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 22:16 - May 7 by AngelRangelQS

Arguably they all have apart from Roberts

Roberts played a whole season for Yeovil at the dogs end of League Two.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 01:11 - May 8 with 3336 viewsEU5Makaveli

Fab
Naughton Fede Mawson Olsson
A.Ayew Ki. King. Clucas
J.Ayew. Tammy.

Start positive, use the crowd to build momentum.
We need to be fast out of the blocks, if we don’t score in the first 30 minutes then I feel we could be in trouble.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 05:40 - May 8 with 3235 viewsJethroJack

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:24 - May 7 by perplex

That`s the spirit, do you still think the fans spirit will get us the win as you said for the Bournemouth game personally I think its down to the players but seeing as there pretty poor its a big ask but as long us fans have spirit we should be ok.
[Post edited 7 May 2018 18:24]

You never did say whether you went to Bournemouth or have just given up?
We're overdue some goals & a couple of wins.
3-1 & 2-0...job done 😜
[Post edited 8 May 2018 5:41]
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 07:32 - May 8 with 3142 viewspeenemunde

Just go at them from the start.
Come on you Swans.
[Post edited 8 May 2018 7:34]
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 08:10 - May 8 with 3086 viewsReebok

Goals are proving difficult recently. Win this and i'll be confident of playing Cardiff next season. 1-0 Swans.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 08:33 - May 8 with 3055 viewsJohnw102

Michael Oliver refereeing Marriner 4th official, won't get a lot of help there.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 08:47 - May 8 with 3043 viewsNookiejack

I am not worried about Soton - I am more concerned about something very strange happening with WBA.

I can't see us going down after beating Arsenal from behind, beating Watford away from behind, drawing against Leicester and WBA away from behind, drawing against Everton at home from behind.

Then holding on for about 75 minutes against Huddersfield away with 10 men - which now looks like an incredibly important result.

The above results is not normally a club that is relegated.

Soton on the other hand have dropped 21 points from winning positions - eight of those 21 have been in Mark Hughes' six games in charge. Just think Soton will end up being short.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 08:56 - May 8 with 3029 viewsSTID2017

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 08:47 - May 8 by Nookiejack

I am not worried about Soton - I am more concerned about something very strange happening with WBA.

I can't see us going down after beating Arsenal from behind, beating Watford away from behind, drawing against Leicester and WBA away from behind, drawing against Everton at home from behind.

Then holding on for about 75 minutes against Huddersfield away with 10 men - which now looks like an incredibly important result.

Soton on the other hand have dropped 21 points from winning positions - eight of those 21 have been in Mark Hughes' six games in charge. Just think Soton will end up being short.

Something strange happening with WBA ???
Surely you mean Stoke on Sunday ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 09:16 - May 8 with 2997 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 08:47 - May 8 by Nookiejack

WBA are on a good run, but I don't see them making up the 5 points in just 1 game

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024