Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread 11:51 - May 6 with 41957 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 8 May 2018 18:50]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:10 - May 8 with 3588 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 09:46 - May 8 by Captain_Sham

We got a good point there, so it seems.

I think we revived their season. WBA were nervous and pretty crap at the start of that game, but you could see them growing in confidence when they realised our ‘game plan’and we let them play their way into the game. I bet they couldn’t believe their luck.

Can’t imagine we’ll see a repeat of our ‘performance’ that day tonight. It’ll be a bloody riot if we do!
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:18 - May 8 with 3557 viewsKerouac

Let's have these f*cking tw*ts

I'd go;

--------------------- Fabianski ------------------------
------------------ Van der Hoorn ---------------------
----- Naughton ------------------- Mawson ----------
Dyer ----------- Carroll --- Clucas ---------- Olsson
--------- A. Ayew ---------------- J. Ayew -----------
----------------------- Abraham -----------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:47 - May 8 with 3387 viewsMorganator100

Looks 4-4-2 tonight or more 4-4-1-1
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:48 - May 8 with 3354 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:47 - May 8 by Morganator100

It looks like the same 5-at the back system as normal with Naughton at RCB to me.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:49 - May 8 with 3338 viewsThornburyswan

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:47 - May 8 by Morganator100

Looks like the usual 5-3-2 to me
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:51 - May 8 with 3297 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:48 - May 8 by jasper_T

It looks like the same 5-at the back system as normal with Naughton at RCB to me.

Yep, looks that way. And I’ve no problem with that as long as Connor spends most of the match ahead of the half way line.

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:52 - May 8 with 3250 viewsmagicdaps10

That front line of Soton frightens me.

Redmond-Austin-Tadic.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:53 - May 8 with 3232 viewsCaptain_Sham

Well hes mostly got that line up right. So that's somewhat of a relief.

Its just a ride.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:54 - May 8 with 3205 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:52 - May 8 by magicdaps10

That front line of Soton frightens me.

Redmond-Austin-Tadic.

It shouldn’t, they’ve done feck all so far this season (hope I haven’t just jinxed that )
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:56 - May 8 with 3159 viewsMorganator100

I was looking at 2 centre halves with Naughton and Olsen at full backs. Then again he could move Naughton into the back 3 with Roberts and Olsen as full backs. If he was playing the back 5 I would have hoped he played VDH instead of Naughton.

Is he going for the draw as worst case scenario and look at beating Stoke ? I'll be tamping if he does that.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:58 - May 8 with 3128 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:56 - May 8 by Morganator100

I was looking at 2 centre halves with Naughton and Olsen at full backs. Then again he could move Naughton into the back 3 with Roberts and Olsen as full backs. If he was playing the back 5 I would have hoped he played VDH instead of Naughton.

Is he going for the draw as worst case scenario and look at beating Stoke ? I'll be tamping if he does that.

Well I would have had Van der Hoorn for Roberts, I know that wont be a popular opinion as he is "one of our own" but I hope this pressure isn't too much for him.

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:01 - May 8 with 3066 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:58 - May 8 by Captain_Sham

Well I would have had Van der Hoorn for Roberts, I know that wont be a popular opinion as he is "one of our own" but I hope this pressure isn't too much for him.

Not against Redmond....
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:05 - May 8 with 3018 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:01 - May 8 by WarwickHunt

Not against Redmond....

Well it would be Naughton against Redmond, not that that is much better. I just see Conner as more of a penalty risk. (And I'm basing that on absolutely nothing.) May be a master stroke.

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:06 - May 8 with 3008 viewsSmellyplumz

Ah facking balls

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:23 - May 8 with 2836 viewsGlyn1

Oh dear. BBC 7:17.

..., it seems Southampton have had more shenanigans to contend with. They had to battle through rush hour traffic to get to the stadium and were then told they would have to wait for 25 minutes on the bus when they got to the ground to allow the Swansea coach to unload...

I'm just glad that Mark Hughes laughs off things like this.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:25 - May 8 with 2811 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:23 - May 8 by Glyn1

Oh dear. BBC 7:17.

..., it seems Southampton have had more shenanigans to contend with. They had to battle through rush hour traffic to get to the stadium and were then told they would have to wait for 25 minutes on the bus when they got to the ground to allow the Swansea coach to unload...

I'm just glad that Mark Hughes laughs off things like this.

🤣

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:27 - May 8 with 2790 viewsSwansNZ

Anyone else feeling happy and calm?

I’m a fecking liar

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:34 - May 8 with 2695 viewsjack2jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:27 - May 8 by SwansNZ

I’m a fecking liar

Re-arrange the following into a well known phrase or saying
I my Pants, shitt!ng am.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:41 - May 8 with 2591 viewsLeonWasGod

Little Big Kev doing his best to wind the crowd up. Let’s feckin do this!!!!
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:44 - May 8 with 2561 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:27 - May 8 by SwansNZ

I’m a fecking liar

The Saint fans are suffering just as much.

For example, "We will certainly win now the Taffy swines have lost the moral high ground with their dirty tricks."

Well done to all of the drivers who selflessly clogged up the motorway.

And can we get them fined for a late arrival?
[Post edited 8 May 2018 19:47]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:46 - May 8 with 2542 viewsjack2jack

Evening All.
Well this is it, bring it on.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:49 - May 8 with 2501 viewsphact0rri

just to make mention... the match is audio only on the club's website.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 20:06 - May 8 with 2222 viewsAl_Bundy

Well if we're going to play long balls down the channel get Tammy on and drop Andre deeper
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 20:09 - May 8 with 2176 viewsMorganator100

We need to be getting the ball away from our back 4 a lot quicker than we do. Mawson is one of the worst ones, seems to take ages to pass the ball.

Also the two Ayew brothers, both are as selfish as the other. They need to learn two touches max and run into space.

Also you were right earlier, we are playing 5 across the back.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 20:12 - May 8 with 2115 viewsSmellyplumz

Clucas you sack of shit

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024