Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum 09:59 - May 7 with 7811 viewsTheResurrection

If we want to show a bit more courage whilst keeping a lid on it,
Clucas to start instead of Olsson.

-------------------------- Fab -------------------------

------ Naughts --- Fede --- Mawson -----

Roberts ---------------------------------- Clucas

------------------------- Leon ------------------------

Dyer ------------------------------------------- King

----- Andre Ayew ---- Jordan Ayew --------

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:13 - May 7 with 3591 viewsLoyal

Don't think we will see Leon mate and I would swap Dyer for James.
He won't do that either, but he should.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:18 - May 7 with 3576 viewsWhiterockin

Leon was in the stand with us on Saturday. Don't expect him to play for us again unfortunately.
5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:18 - May 7 with 3576 viewsTheResurrection

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:13 - May 7 by Loyal

Don't think we will see Leon mate and I would swap Dyer for James.
He won't do that either, but he should.

Dan James isn't ready for this one mate, not in my opinion.

If anyone we need that big lump in the Under 23's, Marin something? I'm surprised he hasn't had a couple of run outs. Admittedly only seen glimpses of him though.

But to go back to the team, if we want a bit more attacking nous then Olsson isn't going to provide that and in a back 5 it's where we've struggled.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:23 - May 7 with 3556 viewsTheResurrection

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:18 - May 7 by Whiterockin

Leon was in the stand with us on Saturday. Don't expect him to play for us again unfortunately.

Unless Leon is so well off the pace in training, which is possible of course, then I don't see what Carlos has to lose.

Anyone like to pick Mesa for this one?!

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:27 - May 7 with 3542 viewsswancity

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:23 - May 7 by TheResurrection

Unless Leon is so well off the pace in training, which is possible of course, then I don't see what Carlos has to lose.

At almost 36 with almost no competitive football played in twelve months and certainly not match fit Britton will not be starting and it would be foolish and sentimental only to think otherwise.
The game would pass him by.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:32 - May 7 with 3517 viewsswancity

And by the way Chris that team is so short of real Premier League quality it's frightening isn't it.
Personally for me
Fabianski
Naughton Fernandez Maswon Olsson
............Ki.......
Dyer King Clucas Ayew A
........Ayew J

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:48 - May 7 with 3473 viewsomarjack

----------Fabianski----------

---VDH--Mawson--Fernandez---

Roberts------------------------Olsson

------------Ki--------Clucas-----------

--------A.Ayew-----------J.Ayew------

----------------Abraham--------------

Leon is way past it..could also consider J.Ayew instead of Abraham,Dyer to play on the wings.
[Post edited 7 May 2018 10:49]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:52 - May 7 with 3451 viewsmagicdaps10

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:48 - May 7 by omarjack

Leon is way past it..could also consider J.Ayew instead of Abraham,Dyer to play on the wings.

Thats probably the most goal threat team we have at our disposal.

I would probably myself swap Narsingh for Andre.

Abraham hasnt been great for us but he has scored a few goals and his career record shows he can score goals.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:53 - May 7 with 3445 viewsJoe_bradshaw

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:32 - May 7 by swancity

And by the way Chris that team is so short of real Premier League quality it's frightening isn't it.
Personally for me
Fabianski
Naughton Fernandez Maswon Olsson
............Ki.......
Dyer King Clucas Ayew A
........Ayew J

Switch the positions of Ki and King.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:54 - May 7 with 3435 viewsploppy

What worries me about Southampton is ... well, everything, actually. But in particular, pace. We always seem to struggle against teams with pace. Redmond will probably keep his place. Long's a nuisance (he may not start though) and loves a dive.
5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:55 - May 7 with 3431 viewsWhiterockin

My choice as I posted on the match day thread.

Fabianski
Roberts Fernandez Mawson Olsson
Ki King Clucas
A Ayew J Ayew Dyer
5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:55 - May 7 with 3424 viewsJackfath

It's good to see nobody's mentioning Mr Carrol.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:58 - May 7 with 3405 viewsomarjack

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:55 - May 7 by Whiterockin

My choice as I posted on the match day thread.

Fabianski
Roberts Fernandez Mawson Olsson
Ki King Clucas
A Ayew J Ayew Dyer

Too exposed at the back..

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:58 - May 7 with 3401 viewsmagicdaps10

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:55 - May 7 by Jackfath

Think its obvious, on the front foot Carroll is a very tidy player.

On the back foot he is wasteful and weak as water.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:59 - May 7 with 3397 viewsJoe_bradshaw

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:55 - May 7 by Jackfath

It is indeed.

Yet, he has twice as many assists as any other player on the books which makes one realise how poor we are creatively.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 11:19 - May 7 with 3326 viewsjasper_T

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:18 - May 7 by TheResurrection

Dan James isn't ready for this one mate, not in my opinion.

If anyone we need that big lump in the Under 23's, Marin something? I'm surprised he hasn't had a couple of run outs. Admittedly only seen glimpses of him though.

But to go back to the team, if we want a bit more attacking nous then Olsson isn't going to provide that and in a back 5 it's where we've struggled.

Adnan Maric. He loses the ball a lot but he can get up and down the pitch I suppose. Jack Evans has been the standout for me in the u23s recently. Done a great job in front of the defence breaking up play. Kept us in games. Needed something like that against Bournemouth.

Clucas isn't a bad shout for left wingback. Get him and Roberts as high as possible, they both like to get in the box if they see half a chance. Leave the back three and one holding player to protect against the counter.
5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 13:02 - May 7 with 3184 viewsTheResurrection

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:48 - May 7 by omarjack

Without the right midfield Tammy is a waste up front.

It could well be like second half versus Bournemouth again where we have the attacking players on the pitch but no cohesion behind them to start attacks.

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 13:05 - May 7 with 3161 viewsKilkennyjack

Swans must play 4 at the back, not 5.

Last 3 lost games prove that.

We have to win, so lets go our traditional 4:2:3:1.

Not many of the players are Premier League quality so shape is hugely important.

So ...
Fab

Naughton
Mawson
FF
Olsson

King
Clucas

Dyer
Andre A
Jordon A

Tammy

Beware of the Risen People

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 13:13 - May 7 with 3133 viewsTheResurrection

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 11:19 - May 7 by jasper_T

Adnan Maric. He loses the ball a lot but he can get up and down the pitch I suppose. Jack Evans has been the standout for me in the u23s recently. Done a great job in front of the defence breaking up play. Kept us in games. Needed something like that against Bournemouth.

Clucas isn't a bad shout for left wingback. Get him and Roberts as high as possible, they both like to get in the box if they see half a chance. Leave the back three and one holding player to protect against the counter.

The siting in front of the back 3 is why I suggested Leon, even if we got 60 minutes out of him. He could still marshal play and dictate tempo and provide that much needed cover, platform and link for further up the field.

He could allow Clucas and Roberts to push further up.

For me Olsson needs a rest. It's not worked for him, he's less and less in games and doesn't offer much going forward, and with the 5 at the back we've got to look at that position to offer more.

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 13:21 - May 7 with 3101 viewsJinxy

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 13:05 - May 7 by Kilkennyjack

Not many of the players are Premier League quality so shape is hugely important.

So ...
Fab

Naughton
Mawson
FF
Olsson

King
Clucas

Dyer
Andre A
Jordon A

Tammy

I thought of our final 3 games that Bournemouth was the most winnable. We blew that (for a variety of reasons), so for me Stoke is the most winnable now. Four points may well be enough, so personally I wouldn't go gung-ho at Southampton if it increased the risk of a defeat. So, I think this game is "must not lose" as opposed to "must win". Yes, I'd take a point now but equally if we play for one, then we'll probably lose. Oh I don't know, back to the deck chair.
5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 13:42 - May 7 with 3052 viewsA_Fans_Dad

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 13:05 - May 7 by Kilkennyjack

So ...
Fab

Naughton
Mawson
FF
Olsson

King
Clucas

Dyer
Andre A
Jordon A

Tammy

At last someone who has selected a team that does not have the Mid defensive black hole in it.
5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 13:46 - May 7 with 3026 viewsQJumpingJack

Can't we play McBurnie?
5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 13:55 - May 7 with 3003 viewsChrisSCFC

l'd go with

-----------------Fabianski

Roberts - Mawson - Fernandez - Olsson

----------------King ------ Clucas--------

Dyer ------------ Ki ----------------- J.Ayew

------------------ A.Ayew

If Leon's capable of giving us even 20 minutes get him on the bench, if he's not he should have officially retired already.
5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 14:03 - May 7 with 2977 viewslondonlisa2001

Southampton have to win realistically.

So I think we need to get as much pace on the pitch as we possess.

I also think that 5 at the back isn't working. We have too much space in the middle.

I think I'd go with:

Fab
Roberts, Fernandez, Mawson, Olsson
Ki, Clucas
Narsingh, Sanches, J Ayew
A Ayew

For me, Sanches is a shot to nothing in the creative role. He is the only member of our squad that may be able to do something special there. May be awful, but the option of Carroll fills me with fear.
5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 14:03 - May 7 with 2976 viewsChrisSCFC

5 at the back team for the South Coast Scum on 10:23 - May 7 by TheResurrection

Our midfield is so poor he'd be nice to have as an option at least.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024