Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Laudrup. 23:17 - May 9 with 29029 viewsSaxoman

Blackburn Rovers fan here. You shouldn't have hounded out Laudrup. Bad move chaps.

See you next season.
Michael Laudrup. on 07:32 - May 10 with 1997 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michael Laudrup. on 23:33 - May 9 by BLAZE

Hindsight is always 20/20. I believed it was the right decision at the time and still not convinced it was the wrong one.

I respect your opinion but it was not hindsight for many. We were all fnurious at the time and this was followed by the most lazy, arrogant decision by Jenkins to appoint Monk .......with Koeman waiting in the wings!!

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michael Laudrup. on 07:37 - May 10 with 1986 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michael Laudrup. on 23:36 - May 9 by jack2jack

West Ham wasn't it, we were fvcking dire that day

No where near as bad as we are today and that was a symptom of the warring factions in the club. Jenkins, instead of supporting his manager, did the usual thing and undermined him. Soon to be followed by 'Monk, Guidolin and Clement.
He could not undermine Carlos as he had already effed the team up beyond economic repair when the poor sod arrived.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michael Laudrup. on 07:44 - May 10 with 1959 viewsDr_Winston

Michael Laudrup. on 07:32 - May 10 by Private_Partz

I respect your opinion but it was not hindsight for many. We were all fnurious at the time and this was followed by the most lazy, arrogant decision by Jenkins to appoint Monk .......with Koeman waiting in the wings!!

Monk was given the job after overseeing a run of two wins in about a dozen games. That in itself with the squad he had at the time should have set the alarm bells ringing.

Ultimately true blame rests on the shoulders of Jenkins and the rest, but if you want to identify the point where the "Swansea Way" went south then Monk's tenure is the place to start. 2014/15, Gazza's first full season in charge. A clear shift away from passing and possession and towards Pulisball.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Michael Laudrup. on 07:48 - May 10 with 1944 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michael Laudrup. on 06:22 - May 10 by Dr_Winston

There's nothing new in the knowledge that Monk and Williams were shitstirring behind Laudrup's back (wonder who they learned that from?) but I'm surprised to see Leon's name in there. Always seemed to be a bit more peaceable than those two.

Laudrup still didn't help himself though. Running Michu into the ground when he had a fit Bony available was crass stupidity and you only have to look at his previous for falling out with people in season #2 to realise that it's unlikely to have been a one way street.

Jeez Doc. You wheel that one out every few months. It is bollo mun.
A manager is not the only person involved in determining a player's fitness. It is the medical team, outside medical teams and the player himself involved.

Michael Laudrup. on 07:54 - May 10 with 1931 viewsmax936

Hindsight is always 20/20. I believed it was the right decision at the time and still not convinced it was the wrong one.

Agree with all that. He Laudrup certainly seemed to lose his way, whether that was because of off field troubles we don't know, but something went wrong, probably when Jenkins forced his will in the transfer market.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 7:58]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Michael Laudrup. on 07:57 - May 10 with 1917 viewsItchySphincter

People forget Laudrup was taking us in one direction. He was done.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Michael Laudrup. on 07:58 - May 10 with 1916 viewsDr_Winston

Michael Laudrup. on 07:48 - May 10 by Private_Partz

Jeez Doc. You wheel that one out every few months. It is bollo mun.
A manager is not the only person involved in determining a player's fitness. It is the medical team, outside medical teams and the player himself involved.

I wheel it out because it's true.

The club knew Michu had dodgy ankles in 12/13. It's one of the reasons they spent so big on Bony the following summer, to reduce our reliance on him. Laudrup preferred MM to Wilf, and MM certainly wasn't going to refuse to play.

Christ, he was visibly limping at the end of some games that season, yet week after week he'd start whilst Wilf kicked his heels on the bench.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Michael Laudrup. on 08:01 - May 10 with 1893 viewsJackFish

Michael Laudrup. on 07:57 - May 10 by ItchySphincter

People forget Laudrup was taking us in one direction. He was done.

People also forget that we’d shown relegation form for a year when he was sacked.
Login to get fewer ads

Michael Laudrup. on 08:06 - May 10 with 1873 viewspencoedjack

Michael Laudrup. on 01:26 - May 10 by bringbacklaudrup

Funny thing is that while most Swansea fans were basking in the success of Monk's first full season, I posted a comment to a post made by Swansea City's official Facebook account saying the following:

The problem with Monk's approach is that playing in a pragmatic style only for short-term results doesn't do much for the development of the team. They got the results, but the football was unwatchable at times. I fuly expect Monk to get sacked in the next season. Gomis' fitness problems will become more evident in the next season.

Monk was lucky to inherit Laudrups players as you say the football was dire.

I will always have a soft spot for Monk as a player but as a manager he started the demise of the quality football we used to be lucky enough to watch.

Ill just add Laudrup was the best Swansea manager we have had, unfortunately he wont be coming back here as a manager I fully expect the cheap option of Toshack to be in place by the end of the month.

Jenkins out
Michael Laudrup. on 08:11 - May 10 with 1855 viewsItchySphincter

The reason people pine over Laudrup is because of the incredible football we played for a period of his time here, or in spratty’s case his nice hair (only joking dear). There is absolutely no doubt that he shot his load and moved on by the time he was let go. GM and AW were probably chopsing about him but they were both captains and were expected to step up - whether it’s right or wrong is debatable but its absolutely irrelevant in us being relegated this season.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Michael Laudrup. on 08:21 - May 10 with 1826 viewsCaptain_Sham

Kemy Augustiens recent twitter comments point to Laudrups tenure as the start of the demise, but what would an ex player know hey?

Its just a ride.

Michael Laudrup. on 08:26 - May 10 with 1802 viewsRancid

Short memories on here or selective memories take your pick.

Laudrup had to go and the right decision was made.

Now Monk.........
Michael Laudrup. on 08:27 - May 10 with 1799 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michael Laudrup. on 08:11 - May 10 by ItchySphincter

The reason people pine over Laudrup is because of the incredible football we played for a period of his time here, or in spratty’s case his nice hair (only joking dear). There is absolutely no doubt that he shot his load and moved on by the time he was let go. GM and AW were probably chopsing about him but they were both captains and were expected to step up - whether it’s right or wrong is debatable but its absolutely irrelevant in us being relegated this season.

You would be right if we had not had a massive fixture backlog, playing all the top clubs before an easy run in, a huge injury list, warring factions in the team, failure to bring in any of his targets, his right hand man sidelined plus a Chairman that was undermining him!!
Pep would have been effed under such circumstances.

Michael Laudrup. on 08:29 - May 10 with 1782 viewsmonmouth

F*ck all that. We should have got Rodgers and Allen instead of sticking with Guidolin and Fer. Two transfer windows for Rodgers and his style of play and we would not be in the shit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Michael Laudrup. on 08:31 - May 10 with 1777 viewsWarwickHunt

Michael Laudrup. on 08:21 - May 10 by Captain_Sham

Kemy Augustiens recent twitter comments point to Laudrups tenure as the start of the demise, but what would an ex player know hey?

Kemy should lay off the chems.
Michael Laudrup. on 08:32 - May 10 with 1774 viewsswanforthemoney

So everyone was happy with Tutumlu taking a percentage of every transfer? Even when they weren’t his players?
There was a lot of disquiet on here at the time that Laudrup had stopped doing much with the players and travelling separately to matches.
We played the best football I’ve seen from a Swansea team under Laudrup but he was never going to be around for very long. Look at his record, he stays more than a couple of seasons at any club.

I stand in the North Stand

Michael Laudrup. on 08:34 - May 10 with 1770 viewsWarwickHunt

Michael Laudrup. on 08:27 - May 10 by Private_Partz

You would be right if we had not had a massive fixture backlog, playing all the top clubs before an easy run in, a huge injury list, warring factions in the team, failure to bring in any of his targets, his right hand man sidelined plus a Chairman that was undermining him!!
Pep would have been effed under such circumstances.

Laudrup’s dismissal had fûck all to with football and everything to do with personalities.
Michael Laudrup. on 08:41 - May 10 with 1750 viewsCaptain_Sham

Michael Laudrup. on 08:34 - May 10 by WarwickHunt

Laudrup’s dismissal had fûck all to with football and everything to do with personalities.

Well we weren't playing very well. "Sleepwalking towards relegation" was the phrase of the day I recall. Many of the people on here, now getting all dewey eyed, were screaming for his head.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 8:43]

Its just a ride.

Michael Laudrup. on 08:46 - May 10 with 1716 viewsWarwickHunt

Michael Laudrup. on 08:41 - May 10 by Captain_Sham

Well we weren't playing very well. "Sleepwalking towards relegation" was the phrase of the day I recall. Many of the people on here, now getting all dewey eyed, were screaming for his head.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 8:43]

There were many reasons for that (see above). Jenkins (and it seems, Morgan) were waiting for an excuse to get rid.

I took the rumour that Jenkins was jealous of Laudrup getting all the plaudits with a pinch of salt at the time. Seems like it wasn’t needed...
Michael Laudrup. on 08:53 - May 10 with 1692 viewsCaptain_Sham

Michael Laudrup. on 08:46 - May 10 by WarwickHunt

There were many reasons for that (see above). Jenkins (and it seems, Morgan) were waiting for an excuse to get rid.

I took the rumour that Jenkins was jealous of Laudrup getting all the plaudits with a pinch of salt at the time. Seems like it wasn’t needed...

The last two months of the previous season the football went down the toilet, even so we extended his contract.
Things must have been fine at that point. No way Jenkins gives him a new contract if those things are true.
( I was shocked and appalled when they got rid of Laudrup, for the record)
[Post edited 10 May 2018 8:57]

Its just a ride.

Michael Laudrup. on 08:54 - May 10 with 1673 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Michael Laudrup. on 23:55 - May 9 by Kerouac

True.

I seem to remember we had 60% of the ball in that away game.

And fans, including myself, were furious at how poor we were.

Now we get out shot 30-0 to at Huddersfield and something like 20-80 possession was, and fans on here considered it a great point. It's laughable.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Michael Laudrup. on 08:59 - May 10 with 1668 viewsgadgetuk

Laudrup's first season here was brilliant, one of the best I can remember. His second season was poor.

Personally as an all round manager I still think Brendan was the best, and I think that was part of the legacy that Laudrup inherited. IMO Laudrup's biggest failing was he believed too much in his own press.
Michael Laudrup. on 09:04 - May 10 with 1655 viewsThornburyswan

Michael Laudrup. on 06:23 - May 10 by globus10

Hindsight is a marvellous thing! I was not one who was very vocal against laudrup's sacking. However I feel now that ever since that point we have become what we have been before a 'joke'' club! We were a model club up to then, admired not just here but all over Europe and unfortunately as it turned out in the states. Looking back now from that point on we became 'small time again'. We lost our class!

FWIW very similar to my view - I didn't see ML staying to build a Wenger/Ferguson style multi-year dynasty (just not his thing) BUT pretty much EVERY key decision made by Huw/board/yanks since then on everything from player sales/buys, managerial/coach appointments, relationship with the Trust, Commercial development etc etc have been in the range of poor - disastrous - in any other role/business that would have driven top level Board/CEO changes.

I suspect that might now happen but we are paying a BIG price for that.
Michael Laudrup. on 09:06 - May 10 with 1648 viewsHeadmaster

Michael Laudrup. on 08:29 - May 10 by monmouth

F*ck all that. We should have got Rodgers and Allen instead of sticking with Guidolin and Fer. Two transfer windows for Rodgers and his style of play and we would not be in the shit.

100%.
Michael Laudrup. on 09:08 - May 10 with 1644 viewsWarwickHunt

Michael Laudrup. on 08:53 - May 10 by Captain_Sham

The last two months of the previous season the football went down the toilet, even so we extended his contract.
Things must have been fine at that point. No way Jenkins gives him a new contract if those things are true.
( I was shocked and appalled when they got rid of Laudrup, for the record)
[Post edited 10 May 2018 8:57]

We extended his contract just after winning the whateveritscalled cup. At the time he was being linked with Chelsea and Real Madrid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024