Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Im gonna say it 21:57 - May 17 with 3358 viewsSgorioFruit

Make Leon Britton manager.

Do what Hartson says, and build the club around Sir Leon.
He has the personality, he has the hunger, he knows exactly what the 'Swansea way' is.
A little terrier who I think wont take crap from players. He is young, full of energy and passion.
Ok so he has no managerial experience, which can be seen as a gamble. But this is where we get someone in who is a wise old head to be a number two.
Plus he can and will have oodles of support around him to get him up and running, Curt, Cameron Toshack to provide the link between u23 and first team.

And I don't care if this sounds like a typical Jenkins decision. Jenkins can do one.

But in fairness, it worked with Martinez.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Im gonna say it on 22:02 - May 17 with 2870 viewsBadlands

Please, no.
Let Leon's star shine brightly.
Only one game, I know, but he realised the job was beyond him last winter.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Im gonna say it on 22:02 - May 17 with 2868 viewsAl_Bundy

Turning a legend at the club into a potential scapegoat and Jenkins's puppet will do us all no favours.
Im gonna say it on 22:02 - May 17 with 2856 viewsjasper_T

He's not cut out for it.
Im gonna say it on 22:03 - May 17 with 2840 viewsSgorioFruit

ok, but what if it works?
[Post edited 17 May 2018 22:04]

Im gonna say it on 22:06 - May 17 with 2809 viewslonglostjack

Im gonna say it on 22:02 - May 17 by Al_Bundy

Turning a legend at the club into a potential scapegoat and Jenkins's puppet will do us all no favours.

This

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Im gonna say it on 22:06 - May 17 with 2807 viewsBrynmill_Jack

He saved our season last year but that does not make him a manager. He's gone now so stop banging that drum

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Im gonna say it on 22:07 - May 17 with 2793 viewsmonmouth

I don’t think he has what it takes to be a manager. Simply doesn’t have the personality for it, and it would totally mash the memories. Surely we learned our lesson with Monk.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Im gonna say it on 22:10 - May 17 with 2761 viewsJonathans_coat

Im gonna say it on 22:07 - May 17 by monmouth

I don’t think he has what it takes to be a manager. Simply doesn’t have the personality for it, and it would totally mash the memories. Surely we learned our lesson with Monk.

This. Monk mark 2.

I don’t want my memories of him tainted in the same way.
Login to get fewer ads

Im gonna say it on 22:13 - May 17 with 2729 viewsWingstandwood

Im gonna say it on 22:02 - May 17 by Al_Bundy

Yep! The little un' is best remembered for what has gone before!

He should never he blatantly exploited and end up becoming a future PR-initiative and get-out-of-jail card for puppet master Jenkins, the sell-outs and Yanks....Once no longer needed he'd be ruthlessly cast aside without any conscience just like Trust/supporters were, just like Curtis was.

He is far, far too good for that!
[Post edited 17 May 2018 22:14]

Argus!

Im gonna say it on 22:15 - May 17 with 2713 viewsmajorraglan

Putting an untried and untested manager in charge of a team at this level is madness.
Im gonna say it on 22:18 - May 17 with 2692 viewsDrGonzo

He's not interested one bit and doesn't want to sully his reputation. Listen to OTJs latest podcast.
Im gonna say it on 22:34 - May 17 with 2606 viewsswancity

Im gonna say it on 22:06 - May 17 by longlostjack

This

Far too small to make a good manager. Hardly big enough to be a ball
Boy 😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Im gonna say it on 00:31 - May 18 with 2393 viewsomarjack

lol..sorry but Britton has had an amazing career for Swansea. He shouldn't sully it just like Monk did (at least Monk kept us in the league and no damage was done). We are at the most crucial 2 seasons if we want to get back to the PL (as only in these 2 years we'll be getting substantial parachute payments that will give us an advantage over the rest of the teams)..therefore it would be suicidal to appoint him..he couldn't handle being the caretaker for his 2 games against Liverpool and Crystal Palace and we were abysmal..he's thrown Mcburnie to the wolves at Anfield making him a Left-Wing for example..he's made some really catastrophic experimental decisions. A thing we simply can't risk right now.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 0:33]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Im gonna say it on 00:51 - May 18 with 2362 viewsJackflack

Im gonna say it on 00:31 - May 18 by omarjack

lol..sorry but Britton has had an amazing career for Swansea. He shouldn't sully it just like Monk did (at least Monk kept us in the league and no damage was done). We are at the most crucial 2 seasons if we want to get back to the PL (as only in these 2 years we'll be getting substantial parachute payments that will give us an advantage over the rest of the teams)..therefore it would be suicidal to appoint him..he couldn't handle being the caretaker for his 2 games against Liverpool and Crystal Palace and we were abysmal..he's thrown Mcburnie to the wolves at Anfield making him a Left-Wing for example..he's made some really catastrophic experimental decisions. A thing we simply can't risk right now.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 0:33]

“No damage was done?”
He killed the Swansea way

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Im gonna say it on 00:55 - May 18 with 2354 viewsomarjack

Im gonna say it on 00:51 - May 18 by Jackflack

“No damage was done?”
He killed the Swansea way

Could have been corrected. it wasn't too late when he left. But Guidolin followed by those insane few months under Bradley,then Clement and now Carlos..it took a toll.

The point here is..Britton as a manager can't take us back up..whether we play attractive football or not.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Im gonna say it on 08:16 - May 18 with 2126 viewsPrivate_Partz

I just don't get the idea that we have a conveyor belt of top managers waiting in the wings.
It is very much lazy Jenkin's thinking and is one of the reasons we are in the mess we are.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Im gonna say it on 08:19 - May 18 with 2116 viewscostalotta

Im gonna say it on 22:03 - May 17 by SgorioFruit

ok, but what if it works?
[Post edited 17 May 2018 22:04]

Ask Ee20 to do a risk analysis?
Im gonna say it on 08:22 - May 18 with 2099 viewsSgorioFruit

Im gonna say it on 00:55 - May 18 by omarjack

Could have been corrected. it wasn't too late when he left. But Guidolin followed by those insane few months under Bradley,then Clement and now Carlos..it took a toll.

The point here is..Britton as a manager can't take us back up..whether we play attractive football or not.

the thing is, I don't want us to go back up. The premier league stinks and we will only be in the same boat every season.

Unless something massive changes at the ownership level.

Anyway some interesting views on this thread. I just want us to have passion and bring back our identity. Perhaps Leon may not be the answer. Who knows. I'm all for it, only because of the crap i've had to watch the last few seasons. Last season under Clement and Carlos (apart from the odd win), I witnessed all our players running the wrong way with the ball. Im sure they honestly didn't know which way the oppositions goal was. Every game I shouted from the stands (youre going the wrong way pal)

Leon came off the bench against stoke albeit for 20 minutes, but knew how to string at least two passes together and which way to knock the ball upfield. This is something basic that we have for some reason forgot what to do. We have been playing the opposite of football. When other clubs came to liberty stadium i'm sure they were told, "its ok, just wait in your own half because Swansea don't know their way around the football pitch and run back to their keeper"

Leon as manager? gets us back to basics at least. Might even beat Shrewsbury next season.
This is how shite we really are at the moment.

Im gonna say it on 08:27 - May 18 with 2070 viewsThornburyswan

If Arsenal are willing to consider Arteta it's a fair shout - although I'd be more comfortable with that plan with Jenkins gone & an experienced DOF brought in to support Leon.
Im gonna say it on 08:29 - May 18 with 2059 viewsSmellyplumz

After all Leon has done for the club you'd wish this on him, just wow.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Im gonna say it on 08:33 - May 18 with 2050 viewsDr_Winston

Im gonna say it on 00:55 - May 18 by omarjack

It could have been corrected if Guidolin had been properly supported, not actively undermined. Instead the club chose to double down on the stupidity.

Just because the fire Monk started could have been put out, it doesn't absolve him from starting it in the first place.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Im gonna say it on 08:53 - May 18 with 1971 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Im gonna say it on 08:27 - May 18 by Thornburyswan

If Arsenal are willing to consider Arteta it's a fair shout - although I'd be more comfortable with that plan with Jenkins gone & an experienced DOF brought in to support Leon.

Arteta would be a big gamble by Arsenal but at least he’s had two years as Pep Guardiola’s assistant. What managerial experience has Leon had?

Crazy idea.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Im gonna say it on 09:02 - May 18 with 1932 viewspencoedjack

Im gonna say it on 08:33 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

It could have been corrected if Guidolin had been properly supported, not actively undermined. Instead the club chose to double down on the stupidity.

Just because the fire Monk started could have been put out, it doesn't absolve him from starting it in the first place.

The sacking of Frankie was a very dark day for the club.

Treated abysmally after an impossible set of fixtures at the beginning of that season.
Im gonna say it on 09:09 - May 18 with 1909 viewsDr_Winston

Im gonna say it on 09:02 - May 18 by pencoedjack

The sacking of Frankie was a very dark day for the club.

Treated abysmally after an impossible set of fixtures at the beginning of that season.

A tough set of fixtures and some key players returning late from the Euros.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Im gonna say it on 09:12 - May 18 with 1888 viewspeenemunde

Im gonna say it on 22:06 - May 17 by Brynmill_Jack

He saved our season last year but that does not make him a manager. He's gone now so stop banging that drum

Gone ? You make it sound like he’s died.
Martinez was at Chester, when the club came calling.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024