Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At least Tom Carroll is staying 20:04 - May 20 with 6857 viewsSwansea93

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/we-must-reflect-and-rebuild

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 05:39 - May 21 with 1727 viewsCaptain_Sham

A decent enough option. I felt for him at Bournmouth. He was overwhelmed. Never pleasant to see your own players struggling like that. Lets hope he can rebound. No lack of ability.

Its just a ride.

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 06:45 - May 21 with 1690 viewsAnotherJohn

My worry with Tom is that he isn't good enough for the Prem, and isn't physical enough for the Championship.
At least Tom Carroll is staying on 08:44 - May 21 with 1630 viewssainthelens

As with nearly all of our players ( the ones that are left), they are championship standard. Carroll just wasn't good enough for the PL, but I'm sure he'll be ok next season. Being that he'll be at last up against opposition of the same ilk, his confidence may grow and hopefully we'll get a decent season outa him. I think the same applies to Clucas.
At least Tom Carroll is staying on 08:50 - May 21 with 1621 viewsmoonie

No body can be " sure" of anything, Saint.

Carroll is not simply deficient physically .

Lack of a shot, poor if non existent tackler and inconsistent passing .

Really cannot be in any way sure
At least Tom Carroll is staying on 09:39 - May 21 with 1581 viewsLeonWasGod

Whether he's good enough or not, I'm glad that at last we're getting players coming out and showing that they want to make amends next year. Rather than the destructive talk all the time about about leaving.
At least Tom Carroll is staying on 09:47 - May 21 with 1568 viewsSwan91

I actually think he is a good player, but our tactics with CC made it impossible for midfield to keep or even get the ball ( defenders get it.. kick it up to the strikers). he has a decent touch and passing and was pretty good at crossing the ball under Clement. I think he fits our old style and if we bring in a manager who will play pass to feet football through the midfield.. then he will do well for us.

alot of people saying he is too smal and weak for the championship.. many people said the same about britton, allen, dyer etc etc and they worked well in the league. So lets just hope he gets that good play again and we get back to our old swansea way.
At least Tom Carroll is staying on 10:08 - May 21 with 1549 viewssainthelens

While we all think/feel what a disaster it was to get relegated, we didn't finish tailed off at the bottom, we beat Liverpool/Arsenal not so long back plus we got the better of Wolves ( in no matter what form you wanna make). Guess what I'm trying to say is all of the above has got to used to our advantage next season. Carroll/Clucas will no doubt find it easier. My main concern is still getting/having a DOF who knows what he's fckn doing and a manager who can at least get us into the top 6.
At least Tom Carroll is staying on 10:30 - May 21 with 1530 viewsMorfa_Same

Anyone who stays needs to start with a clean slate next season. It's not unusual for players who are great in the Championship to struggle in the Premier League (Dobbie, Bartley?). Any one of our players who were poor last season might surprise us.
Login to get fewer ads

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 10:37 - May 21 with 1516 viewsHighjack

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 06:45 - May 21 by AnotherJohn

My worry with Tom is that he isn't good enough for the Prem, and isn't physical enough for the Championship.

But the prem is far more physical. It’s just a myth the lower leagues are more physical because the football tends to be more direct. The prem players are on a different stratosphere as athletes. If anything he should have more time on the ball in the championship, if we choose to play that way.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 11:58 - May 21 with 1480 views34dfgdf54

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 10:30 - May 21 by Morfa_Same

Anyone who stays needs to start with a clean slate next season. It's not unusual for players who are great in the Championship to struggle in the Premier League (Dobbie, Bartley?). Any one of our players who were poor last season might surprise us.

I'll go along with that. I thought Carroll was shocking last season, but under a new manager in a much weaker league, he could do a good job for us. Midfield is an area I'd like to see us spend some cash in improving though.
At least Tom Carroll is staying on 12:24 - May 21 with 1454 viewsJonTheJack

I know where I stand on this, and I want Tom Carroll gone. Playing him last season was pretty much simulating playing with 10 players; both when we had the ball, and when we did not.

I cannot agree with some of the views on here regarding setup/different manager. Tom didn't even come close to getting the basics right most of the time; he will not stick his foot in, and he perfected the art of putting himself behind opposition players when we had to ball so he could not receive it.

Don't even get me started on those pathetic straight float passes he does. I don't think one has ever been pulled off. It slows everything down every single time.

I've seen him play passes with conviction, and everyone will cite the cross against Liverpool. That is an edge case as far as I'm concerned, he hasn't repeated it frequently enough and if we want to get back to the PL doing the things we used to do then we are going to need confident lads who are ready to be going into every single thing they do 100%.

Get rid.
At least Tom Carroll is staying on 13:15 - May 21 with 1411 viewsGlyn1

“I think we need to start playing football and get the philosophy back that made this club successful.”

He won't get that if Stam is the new manager.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 17:26 - May 21 with 1345 viewsFlashberryjack

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 20:41 - May 20 by westwalesed

He looks physically slight to me, I do worry he'll get bullied somewhat in the Championship.

This with knobs on..Carroll will be f:cking slaughtered in the Champoinship, he'll spend more time either on his ars4e or up in the air.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 19:45 - May 21 with 1308 viewsKingBony

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 08:44 - May 21 by sainthelens

As with nearly all of our players ( the ones that are left), they are championship standard. Carroll just wasn't good enough for the PL, but I'm sure he'll be ok next season. Being that he'll be at last up against opposition of the same ilk, his confidence may grow and hopefully we'll get a decent season outa him. I think the same applies to Clucas.

Spot on mate

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 19:46 - May 21 with 1304 viewsKingBony

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 12:24 - May 21 by JonTheJack

I know where I stand on this, and I want Tom Carroll gone. Playing him last season was pretty much simulating playing with 10 players; both when we had the ball, and when we did not.

I cannot agree with some of the views on here regarding setup/different manager. Tom didn't even come close to getting the basics right most of the time; he will not stick his foot in, and he perfected the art of putting himself behind opposition players when we had to ball so he could not receive it.

Don't even get me started on those pathetic straight float passes he does. I don't think one has ever been pulled off. It slows everything down every single time.

I've seen him play passes with conviction, and everyone will cite the cross against Liverpool. That is an edge case as far as I'm concerned, he hasn't repeated it frequently enough and if we want to get back to the PL doing the things we used to do then we are going to need confident lads who are ready to be going into every single thing they do 100%.

Get rid.

100% nonsense this post

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 19:55 - May 21 with 1290 viewsLeonWasGod

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 09:47 - May 21 by Swan91

I actually think he is a good player, but our tactics with CC made it impossible for midfield to keep or even get the ball ( defenders get it.. kick it up to the strikers). he has a decent touch and passing and was pretty good at crossing the ball under Clement. I think he fits our old style and if we bring in a manager who will play pass to feet football through the midfield.. then he will do well for us.

alot of people saying he is too smal and weak for the championship.. many people said the same about britton, allen, dyer etc etc and they worked well in the league. So lets just hope he gets that good play again and we get back to our old swansea way.

Agree. Tom would have fit Brendan’s team perfectly. Now we’re like anyone else and we rely on 1-to-1 battles rather than pass our way through teams, he’s always going to struggle.
At least Tom Carroll is staying on 20:34 - May 21 with 1253 viewsswancity

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 21:58 - May 20 by max936

Just watched Iniesta's final game for Barca, what a player never overly physical but had everything else, young Tom should watch video's of him, won't ever reach Iniesta's quality but could surely pick snit bits up to help his game.

Great goal by Courtinho to win the game too.

He's had a poor season but then so have most of our 1st team squad

Carroll is a fine midfield player. Had a great game against Stoke recently but all too often this season he's underperformed. That's not through a lack of ability as we have seen him do very well for us previously. So it's either a lack of confidence or a lack of options up front. All to often our midfield players were stifled with limited forward options available out wide or centrally.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 20:53 - May 21 with 1231 viewsmax936

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 20:34 - May 21 by swancity

He's had a poor season but then so have most of our 1st team squad

Carroll is a fine midfield player. Had a great game against Stoke recently but all too often this season he's underperformed. That's not through a lack of ability as we have seen him do very well for us previously. So it's either a lack of confidence or a lack of options up front. All to often our midfield players were stifled with limited forward options available out wide or centrally.

I'm not criticising him, but he still got lots to learn and who better than Iniesta to pick up tips from, you must have missed my earlier post where I said people picking on him aren't helping us or him, needs a solid manager who has a plan to work to and players to bring the best out of him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 20:58 - May 21 with 1223 viewsBanosswan

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 20:53 - May 21 by max936

I'm not criticising him, but he still got lots to learn and who better than Iniesta to pick up tips from, you must have missed my earlier post where I said people picking on him aren't helping us or him, needs a solid manager who has a plan to work to and players to bring the best out of him.

Insiesta as player coach!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 21:27 - May 21 with 1197 viewsmax936

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 20:58 - May 21 by Banosswan

Insiesta as player coach!

Can you imagine that, it would put our little cousins noses out of joint

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 07:33 - May 22 with 1124 viewsvalleyboy

At least Tom Carroll is staying on 20:14 - May 20 by Loyal

Fair play to the lad, at least he is showing some loyalty.

You want more than loyalty

The Swans need a player that can play in the Championship

I’ve watched a lot of Championship games last season and it’s much harder than what a lot on here think it will be
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024