Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2018 worst football World Cup ever ? 19:46 - Jun 21 with 13386 viewstrampie

What are we about a third of the way through and so far this World Cup has been rubbish, the business end is yet to come and there might be lots of excitement to come but so far up to this point in time I think this World Cup is shaping up to be the worst ever.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 01:11 - Jun 24 with 2631 viewsCroftyjack

There was me thinking its been great to watch so far!!!...don't understand how any football fan cant enjoy it myself..maybe cos swans are not in it
2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 07:57 - Jun 24 with 2542 viewsDr_Winston

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 21:46 - Jun 23 by DrGonzo

I believe the OP couldn't be further from reality.

Nothing new there.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 22:06 - Jun 25 with 2443 viewstrampie

Defending is shocking, big teams playing for 1-0, little teams playing for 0-0.

Football has no idea how to implement VAR.

The good thing about this WC is the venues and how well the Russians have organised it.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 22:57 - Jun 25 with 2419 viewsBadlands

I have tried to avoid UK commentary and it works.
I think (one or two boring games excluded) this I a great World Cup.
Lawrenson ruined tonight's game but I thought the crashing tackles, aggressive attitudes, ranting managers and the jeopardy o the VAR added to the event.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 23:17 - Jun 25 with 2400 viewstrampie

TV commentators and pundits have a duty to be responsible with their comments, they might well be rioting in the streets in Ingerlund later in this tournament if things go a certain way.

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 16:57 - Jun 30 with 2265 viewsexiledclaseboy

With every passing game the premise of this thread looks sillier and sillier. This World Cup is shaping up to be one of the best for many a long year.

Poll: Tory leader

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 18:06 - Jun 30 with 2224 viewsjackharris

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 16:57 - Jun 30 by exiledclaseboy

With every passing game the premise of this thread looks sillier and sillier. This World Cup is shaping up to be one of the best for many a long year.

Absolutely, for a mad football lover like me this World Cup has been awesome..! Compare it to say South Africa in 2010 that was painfully bad.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 18:16 - Jun 30 with 2211 viewsNeath_Jack

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 16:57 - Jun 30 by exiledclaseboy

Who'd have thought that Trampie types through his ringpiece.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 19:10 - Jun 30 with 2185 viewsDrGonzo

Bonkers. And now we see a header to rival Stones' 'great' effort against the mighty Panama.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2018 19:11]
2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 19:13 - Jun 30 with 2175 viewsDaggyjack

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 19:10 - Jun 30 by DrGonzo

Bonkers. And now we see a header to rival Stones' 'great' effort against the mighty Panama.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2018 19:11]

Yep.
In the afternoon, I saw my favourite goal so far by Pavard.
Now Cavani has beaten it with great interplay with Suarez.
Trampie is right, this is rubbish
2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 19:20 - Jun 30 with 2158 viewsThornburyswan

Gotta say I'm loving it so far - wasn't looking forward to it but VAR has been quality and added something, not sure I'd welcome it for us but as a neutral watching games it's added an extra interest - first knock-out match earlier was up there with best ever WC matches & this evening's game has started well.

One of the best WCs so far for me.
2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 19:54 - Jun 30 with 2150 viewsbonymine

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 19:20 - Jun 30 by Thornburyswan

Gotta say I'm loving it so far - wasn't looking forward to it but VAR has been quality and added something, not sure I'd welcome it for us but as a neutral watching games it's added an extra interest - first knock-out match earlier was up there with best ever WC matches & this evening's game has started well.

One of the best WCs so far for me.

Indeed a surprisingly yet most welcome atmosphere in Russia and quality of football/goals thus far has been excellent ....

Long may it continue ....that is until Ingerlund get knocked out next week then the Russians will have to deploy the water cannons ....😂😂

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:20 - Jun 30 with 2133 viewsDr_Winston

Shaping up to be one of the best World Cup's I can remember. Hopefully we get a decent final to top it off. They've all been a bit too cagey recently.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:29 - Jun 30 with 2122 viewsMrSwerve

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:20 - Jun 30 by Dr_Winston

Shaping up to be one of the best World Cup's I can remember. Hopefully we get a decent final to top it off. They've all been a bit too cagey recently.

I'll ask the question.

Best World Cup ever?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:41 - Jun 30 with 2109 viewsDr_Winston

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:29 - Jun 30 by MrSwerve

I'll ask the question.

Best World Cup ever?

First one I can remember properly is Italia 90. It's up there so far.

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 21:19 - Jun 30 with 2068 viewsGlyn1

When the BBC are showing it, you can press the red button and have the option of listening to the Radio 5 commentary instead, synced to the TV broadcast. No Lawrenson.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 21:53 - Jun 30 with 2039 viewssherpajacob

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:29 - Jun 30 by MrSwerve

I'll ask the question.

Best World Cup ever?

Best recent world cup. Better than Italia 90 imho, remember they could still backpass then.

I thought France 98, Germany 06 and S Africa were good.
86, 94, 02 were rubbish.

You always remember your first time and Argentina 78 remains the best for me. Kempes, Rossi, Cubillas, Arie Haans wonder goals, ticker tape, adidas tango balls.

Best game ever Italy v Brazil 1982.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 21:56 - Jun 30 with 2034 viewsDr_Winston

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 21:53 - Jun 30 by sherpajacob

Best recent world cup. Better than Italia 90 imho, remember they could still backpass then.

I thought France 98, Germany 06 and S Africa were good.
86, 94, 02 were rubbish.

You always remember your first time and Argentina 78 remains the best for me. Kempes, Rossi, Cubillas, Arie Haans wonder goals, ticker tape, adidas tango balls.

Best game ever Italy v Brazil 1982.

Strange how memory works. I thought South Africa was dull as hell but quite enjoyed 2002.

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 22:02 - Jun 30 with 2024 viewslifelong

It’s a brilliant World Cup, some of the football has been breath taking...long may it continue.
2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 17:54 - Jul 1 with 1887 viewsJackfath

It's getting better and better!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 18:06 - Jul 1 with 1877 viewsmoonie

Seen them all although Chile in 62 was a but fractured but remember well the Italy Chile game .

Then 66 then 70 ,for me ,the most evocative

Argentina great too
2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 19:04 - Jul 1 with 1845 viewsDr_Winston

Hmmmmm.

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:07 - Jul 1 with 1806 viewsdobjack2

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 21:56 - Jun 30 by Dr_Winston

Strange how memory works. I thought South Africa was dull as hell but quite enjoyed 2002.

I had a vuvuzela app on my phone for South Africa. The highlight of the tournament for me was using it to wind people up.
2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 23:43 - Jul 1 with 1770 viewsKerouac

...and here's another fanny who knows f*ck all about anything.

Best World Cup in years and years and years you twp tw*t.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 00:07 - Jul 2 with 1748 viewsairedale

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 22:06 - Jun 25 by trampie

Defending is shocking, big teams playing for 1-0, little teams playing for 0-0.

Football has no idea how to implement VAR.

The good thing about this WC is the venues and how well the Russians have organised it.

You’re right, if the defending was any good, the big teams would be looking for 6 - 0s and the small teams would be looking to lose 4 - 0.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024