Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we that bad off? 22:44 - Jun 25 with 4397 viewsSteensig

I am often one to be dragged into negativity and despair. Especially in tough times as last season. People are moaning for signings, as am I but I couldn't help but wonder if we aren't quite okay, atleast for a top 6 finish? Or have I gone completely mad? Team is with what we are still left with. Any outgoings obviously needs replacement

Nordfeldt
Roberts - Mawson (fede) - VdH - Olsson
Narsingh - Fulton - Fer - Carroll - clucas
Bony (mcburnie)

Purposely left out ayews because they are surely first to go out the door, should we offload. They seem to give 0 craps at all imo.

Notable subs? Not many.. hopefully some inns!! If not time for a few aces up the sleeve u23
Are we that bad off? on 22:51 - Jun 25 with 3653 viewsCaptain_Sham

The problem is that at the moment the forum is populated almost exclusively by misanthropes with fallacious beliefs, who feel compulsed to spout misery from every orifice.
Think Eyeore mated with Marvin the Paranoid android, hungover.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2018 22:51]

Its just a ride.

Are we that bad off? on 22:58 - Jun 25 with 3627 viewsFireboy2

Wait until a month from now

Then we can have a moan
Are we that bad off? on 23:05 - Jun 25 with 3598 viewsBadlands

With you on all of the except the comment on the Ayews.
Jordan was the best outfield player of the season and Andre always worked.

Id like to see us bring back Amat and Borja too.
Bartley, Naughton, Fulton, Dyer and Routs would be more than capable in this league as would some of the under 23s if managed correctly (Gorre,
Mulder is a good understudy.
Grimes may have developed.

When Flunn, Hamster, Roberto, Sousa, Rodgers and Laudrup were our managers we didn't have great players but we did have managers who got the best out of them.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Are we that bad off? on 23:41 - Jun 25 with 3530 viewsPrivate_Partz

Are we that bad off? on 22:58 - Jun 25 by Fireboy2

Wait until a month from now

Then we can have a moan

Then it will be 2 weeks to the start of the season with most of our friendlies played.
I recall moaners like me were getting similar grief at the start of last season...…..

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Are we that bad off? on 23:54 - Jun 25 with 3504 viewsdobjack2

Are we that bad off? on 23:05 - Jun 25 by Badlands

With you on all of the except the comment on the Ayews.
Jordan was the best outfield player of the season and Andre always worked.

Id like to see us bring back Amat and Borja too.
Bartley, Naughton, Fulton, Dyer and Routs would be more than capable in this league as would some of the under 23s if managed correctly (Gorre,
Mulder is a good understudy.
Grimes may have developed.

When Flunn, Hamster, Roberto, Sousa, Rodgers and Laudrup were our managers we didn't have great players but we did have managers who got the best out of them.

Amat and Borja.

The plane, the plane.
Are we that bad off? on 01:30 - Jun 26 with 3421 viewsomarjack

These negative and desperate fans are just frustrated at the current situation. Why shouldn't they? But that doesn't mean they should wallow in grief and claim we're going down to League One etc..

We'll do fine next season. It'll be a serious promotion push. Of course we might fail to get promoted but there is a good chance Swansea will play PL football again in 2 (or 3) years.

Nordfeldt is a decent keeper. Not really great or anything but I think he'll do just fine.

Roberts is a safe bet backed by Naughton whom I hate but will probably also do good at championship level.

I expect mass departures from our CBs (only VDH to remain) which will be problematic of course. But I think good,affordable championship level defenders are out there.

Olsson has a lot of experience at a 2nd tier level and got promoted (and relegated though) too many times. He's never really let Norwich down in the championship. I don't think he'll let us down.

Fer,Clucas were top Championship midfielders back in the day. Clucas scored 7 and made 8 assists in Hull's last promotion campaign for example..Fer has done great with QPR as well.

I hope Carroll finds his rhythm as well. I think he will.

Narsingh imo should do really well at this level..He was an important player playing for a top team in the Netherlands that is PSV (the Dutch Eredivisie is very similar to the championship) for many years and he's done good..I can see him doing really well too.

Dyer is experienced and all..But he might be some sort of a liability..As for Routledge he's finished..that's why we need few creative siginigs (AMF and wingers)

Finally we have McBurnie..He's been excellent with Barnsley and I think he's ready to take on this responsibility. Although he'll need a back-up of course assuming the Ayews and Bony will leave.

We have a decent core squad..if the players stay out of prolonged injuries and get motivated by an inspiring management and coaching by Potter then we should finish high on the table.

Could I be wrong and deluded? Unfortunately yes. I hope I'm right though.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Are we that bad off? on 09:20 - Jun 26 with 3118 viewsnantywatcher

Are we that bad off? on 01:30 - Jun 26 by omarjack

These negative and desperate fans are just frustrated at the current situation. Why shouldn't they? But that doesn't mean they should wallow in grief and claim we're going down to League One etc..

We'll do fine next season. It'll be a serious promotion push. Of course we might fail to get promoted but there is a good chance Swansea will play PL football again in 2 (or 3) years.

Nordfeldt is a decent keeper. Not really great or anything but I think he'll do just fine.

Roberts is a safe bet backed by Naughton whom I hate but will probably also do good at championship level.

I expect mass departures from our CBs (only VDH to remain) which will be problematic of course. But I think good,affordable championship level defenders are out there.

Olsson has a lot of experience at a 2nd tier level and got promoted (and relegated though) too many times. He's never really let Norwich down in the championship. I don't think he'll let us down.

Fer,Clucas were top Championship midfielders back in the day. Clucas scored 7 and made 8 assists in Hull's last promotion campaign for example..Fer has done great with QPR as well.

Narsingh imo should do really well at this level..He was an important player playing for a top team in the Netherlands that is PSV (the Dutch Eredivisie is very similar to the championship) for many years and he's done good..I can see him doing really well too.

Dyer is experienced and all..But he might be some sort of a liability..As for Routledge he's finished..that's why we need few creative siginigs (AMF and wingers)

Finally we have McBurnie..He's been excellent with Barnsley and I think he's ready to take on this responsibility. Although he'll need a back-up of course assuming the Ayews and Bony will leave.

We have a decent core squad..if the players stay out of prolonged injuries and get motivated by an inspiring management and coaching by Potter then we should finish high on the table.

Good positive post to start the day - well done OJ.
Are we that bad off? on 09:33 - Jun 26 with 3086 viewsSwan91

Are we that bad off? on 01:30 - Jun 26 by omarjack

I agree with most of this, I would like to see Roberts become first choice RB or atleast play a large percentage of games. He did well whenever he came on against PL teams so can't see why he can't take over (would be better to play him to improve his ability). Would also be nice to see if Kenji gorre can make some sort of push for the full team in the championship..
Login to get fewer ads

Are we that bad off? on 10:18 - Jun 26 with 3017 viewsLoyal

Are we that bad off? on 09:33 - Jun 26 by Swan91

I agree with most of this, I would like to see Roberts become first choice RB or atleast play a large percentage of games. He did well whenever he came on against PL teams so can't see why he can't take over (would be better to play him to improve his ability). Would also be nice to see if Kenji gorre can make some sort of push for the full team in the championship..

He has been an absolute dead loss on loan in league 2, we can hope but many doubts surround him at any professional level.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Are we that bad off? on 10:36 - Jun 26 with 2982 viewsLeonWasGod

Let's just wait and see - I can see a few of those going. And I can see a few coming in.

But they better get a wriggle on as the window slams shut on August 9th. So 44 days to go.
Are we that bad off? on 10:48 - Jun 26 with 2938 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Are we that bad off? on 10:18 - Jun 26 by Loyal

He has been an absolute dead loss on loan in league 2, we can hope but many doubts surround him at any professional level.

I think your mixing up his loans, player of the season at Yeovil, didn’t get a look in at Bristol Rovers and Middlesbrough
Are we that bad off? on 11:43 - Jun 26 with 2876 viewsFlashberryjack

We're having to sell our better players, we have new manager with no championship experience, so far no new signings, Huw and Deneen are still in place, we're owned by a hedge fund, and we've just been relegated from the PL, and there's only 5 weeks to go before the start of the season.

Yep! everything in the garden is rosy.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Are we that bad off? on 11:46 - Jun 26 with 2868 viewsEU5Makaveli

It depends on who goes and who stays
The squad as it is would be fine, but if Mawson, Fede, Bony, Bartley and the 2 Ayews leave we MUST bring in replacements or we’ll struggle.
Are we that bad off? on 11:57 - Jun 26 with 2843 viewsDewi1jack

No.
Or certainly in my opinion (very limited knowledge used there )
Let's have a look after 10 games in.

We have some pretty average players who need to play their best to look good. Hopefully the Championship allows them to look good or great if they try their hardest.
Maybe they'll play well hoping for a January move or stay on then for the automatic promotion party (with 3 games to go)!!
And of course then play well at the FA Cupppaaaah final at the seasons end, when we turn over Utd!!!!
Championship double. Mmmmmmm.

We seem to have a couple of exciting talents in the U23, Connor Roberts especially stands out. I have hope for some like Gorre, Mulder to push on.
I think Nordfeldt can make the step up and become solid.

Potter looks a good man motivator and manager.
A lot of people slagged Brenda off before he showed that an oytshtandin man manager can work wonders

The first person we need rid of though is Beaky.
Otherwise we have most definitely signed the wrong Potter.
Unless ours brings Hagrid as his second

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Are we that bad off? on 12:10 - Jun 26 with 2817 viewsswan65split

Anybody happy with whats happening, or with the squad we have ATM , surely has no ambition to get back into the PL , and is quite satisfied with how things are. as another poster says HJ is still here and like the Church mouse, happy to hide and take his £600k.
Yep the Roses are flowering!
Are we that bad off? on 12:17 - Jun 26 with 2798 viewsomarjack

Are we that bad off? on 12:10 - Jun 26 by swan65split

Anybody happy with whats happening, or with the squad we have ATM , surely has no ambition to get back into the PL , and is quite satisfied with how things are. as another poster says HJ is still here and like the Church mouse, happy to hide and take his £600k.

What's happening exactly? nothing so far.

You can't blame the club for disloyal players who want to leave to play at a higher level (even though it's them who are responsible for the relegation)..The best thing the club can do is to get max fees for them.

Potter's appointment shows some promise.

We have many good Championship players.

We obviously need additions to replace the departures..Hopefully things turn out well.

Why the doom and gloom without anything even happening yet?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Are we that bad off? on 12:20 - Jun 26 with 2787 viewsWhiterockin

Are we that bad off? on 12:10 - Jun 26 by swan65split

TBH I feel that stabilising the finances and getting rid of the high earners, is more important than a push for the Premier League next season.
Are we that bad off? on 12:52 - Jun 26 with 2738 viewsKGriz16

Let's all judge the situation after the transfer window, and a couple games with Potter. It's an absolute delight coming on this forum to trawl through the dross of the 'fans' who panic and predict doom. A game hasn't been played. Like middle aged women and Daily Mail readers on here. We'll be fine. Uppa Swans!
Are we that bad off? on 13:31 - Jun 26 with 2692 viewsLeonWasGod

Are we that bad off? on 11:43 - Jun 26 by Flashberryjack

We're having to sell our better players, we have new manager with no championship experience, so far no new signings, Huw and Deneen are still in place, we're owned by a hedge fund, and we've just been relegated from the PL, and there's only 5 weeks to go before the start of the season.

Yep! everything in the garden is rosy.

Maybe they work best under pressure .
Are we that bad off? on 13:36 - Jun 26 with 2683 viewsSwan91

Are we that bad off? on 12:52 - Jun 26 by KGriz16

Let's all judge the situation after the transfer window, and a couple games with Potter. It's an absolute delight coming on this forum to trawl through the dross of the 'fans' who panic and predict doom. A game hasn't been played. Like middle aged women and Daily Mail readers on here. We'll be fine. Uppa Swans!

The Swansea website uploaded a video recently (maybe even today) about Potters first 24 hour at Swansea... Give him time to see the players.. and then see what he needs to add or change.
Are we that bad off? on 14:09 - Jun 26 with 2623 viewsFlashberryjack

Are we that bad off? on 13:31 - Jun 26 by LeonWasGod

Maybe they work best under pressure .

Lets hope they do

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Are we that bad off? on 15:12 - Jun 26 with 2566 viewsawayjack

Are we that bad off? on 12:17 - Jun 26 by omarjack

What's happening exactly? nothing so far.

You can't blame the club for disloyal players who want to leave to play at a higher level (even though it's them who are responsible for the relegation)..The best thing the club can do is to get max fees for them.

Potter's appointment shows some promise.

We have many good Championship players.

We obviously need additions to replace the departures..Hopefully things turn out well.

Why the doom and gloom without anything even happening yet?

The concern of many is exactly that 'nothing is happening yet'. We seem to be selling our top earners as expected. Our useless Board have form in moving slowly in transfer market and with 7 of squad already gone, another 8 rumoured to be leaving it doesn't bode well. I hope our Board pull their fingers out but their recent track record of bringing in players is woeful. Season starts in just over 5 weeks so 'nothing happening' is a big concern to many.
Are we that bad off? on 15:16 - Jun 26 with 2559 viewsawayjack

So people that give a shit must be Mail readers or women? You sound like many last year that we'd be fine, sway stop good to get relegated etc..so what's there to worry about? 5 weeks away from start of season and the lack of activity other than selling our best players should worry any true Jack.
Are we that bad off? on 15:42 - Jun 26 with 2528 viewsDewi1jack

Are we that bad off? on 12:20 - Jun 26 by Whiterockin

TBH I feel that stabilising the finances and getting rid of the high earners, is more important than a push for the Premier League next season.

I think most people know the club can better use over £500,000 by replacing Beaky.
The same or more for Pearlmann by the look of things.
And who knows how much for Dimwit, the top commercial consultant the World has to offer, is on

Has to be a Traffic cone available for a few quid instead of that lot.
Could probably do a job here on the field as well

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Are we that bad off? on 16:19 - Jun 26 with 2481 viewsnantywatcher

"Let's all judge the situation after the transfer window, and a couple games with Potter."
Please let's not go down that road.
Give the manager at least a dozen games before coming to any sort of judgement. He will need time and I think iwould worry if went off at a flying start (not likely I know)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024