Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour MP's office manager DID NOT 'give herself £2,000 pay rise' 20:59 - Jul 23 with 13542 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£37,000 wasn't enough for this Labour employee.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5983265/Labour-MPs-office-manager-forged

Found not guilty: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/31/labour-mps-former-aide-cleared-
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 11:59]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 17:35 - Jul 24 with 1829 viewsBatterseajack

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 17:33 - Jul 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think both sides have good and bad people. If these allegations are true, it certainly puts Carolyn on the wrong side. Even if they are false, claiming a homophobic slur is simply 'office banter' is appalling.

It also concerns me that she had no idea this was going on under her nose. Yet it took very little time for someone to step in and spot what was going on. I look forward to her statement explaining herself.

PC gone mad
Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 17:40 - Jul 24 with 1846 viewsmoonie

Of course and it shows you re a sensible person,no matter what is posted on here .
Sadly, Labour in the Swansea area will always be voted in. Tradition, bitterness,class . It's all there .
The miners strike is a tool to perpetuate for a new generation who have no folkn idea as to what was really going on . And yeah, bad miners ,bad police officers although mainly the Met on a jolly.

I can't see a say out Dwight . Welsh people are class obsessed as are those of privilege who s stupidity and lack of interlect is assuaged by their going to a public school. Many coming from a moneyed background would struggled badly at a state school,make no mistake .

Every kid should have a chance to do better and not be bound by a class chasm that s handed down to him by family ,friends of peers.

Blair was Labour

Thatcher was Tory.

Both sent our troops into war zones

No difference
Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 17:44 - Jul 24 with 1840 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 17:40 - Jul 24 by moonie

Of course and it shows you re a sensible person,no matter what is posted on here .
Sadly, Labour in the Swansea area will always be voted in. Tradition, bitterness,class . It's all there .
The miners strike is a tool to perpetuate for a new generation who have no folkn idea as to what was really going on . And yeah, bad miners ,bad police officers although mainly the Met on a jolly.

I can't see a say out Dwight . Welsh people are class obsessed as are those of privilege who s stupidity and lack of interlect is assuaged by their going to a public school. Many coming from a moneyed background would struggled badly at a state school,make no mistake .

Every kid should have a chance to do better and not be bound by a class chasm that s handed down to him by family ,friends of peers.

Blair was Labour

Thatcher was Tory.

Both sent our troops into war zones

No difference

Thatcher sent troops to defend British citizens and land.

Blair sent troops to look for weapons that didn't exist.

I do not think comparing those two decisions is fair.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 17:54 - Jul 24 with 1829 viewspikeypaul

So her defence for alleged fraud and forgery is that she was called a dyke by the Labour MP?

Yes,it's shows the MPs homophobia but what relevance has it on the actual charge?

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 17:55 - Jul 24 with 1828 viewsPozuelosSideys

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 13:31 - Jul 24 by Ace_Jack

given that this is in Cardiff Crown Court right now, I think it's a fair assumption that the employer wasn't too happy with it at all.

I think there is a case for the employer- ie the MP to have phucked up.

At the end of the day, its taxpayers money and it was signatured fraudulently by the defendent. Its quite possible the MP had no clue, then when pulled up on throwing public money like that, she backtracked.

Obviously im just speculating. But may not necessarily be black and white. Interesting case tho

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 17:59 - Jul 24 with 1815 viewsmoonie

Not a comparison but a fact .

Point was / is, both parties have sent our military into battle notwithstanding the reason.

Plenty in Labour saw the Falklands simply as a means for Thatch to take the heat away from home politics .

God only knows why Blair sent em in
Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 17:59 - Jul 24 with 1815 viewsDr_Winston

Should be obvious to any casual observer that Carolyn Harris is a complete moron, regardless of these goings on.

Not sure what's worse though. That Labour thought so little of Swansea East that they put her up for election, or that Swansea East lived down to their expectations and voted for her.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 18:02 - Jul 24 with 1813 viewspikeypaul

Harris will be more worried about being shown to be a homophobe.

In today's PC society it seems more of a offence to cross those lines than actually commit a legal offence.

Either way the bitch has fecked up.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Login to get fewer ads

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 19:57 - Jul 24 with 1762 viewspikeypaul

The silence from the usual loony lefties on here is deafening.I thought they had no shame but I was obviously wrong.

So it's alleged the female MP has called her female manager a "dyke" If this was a maleTory MP who had called his male manager a "bender" and then try to justify it as banter like Harris has we would have a 15 pager and calls for his resignation.

Double standards I think.

Maybe I am wrong and a "dyke" will come along and explain to you all the difference.

Also the BBC seem to want to keep the case low profile.

I wonder why?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 20:09]

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 20:06 - Jul 24 with 1754 viewsjack247

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 02:53 - Jul 24 by E20Jack

Forgery is the issue here though surely as opposed to anything else?

39k is a very modest salary, I would imagine a similar pay bracket to your local Tesco manager.

What does an office manager for an MP actually do? If she’s a glorified PA, that’s a monstrous salary for South Wales. If it’s a role that involves a lot more than the title implies, then fair enough.

I’d imagine it would be a harder and higher paid job to run a Tesco Express then an office?
Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 20:07 - Jul 24 with 1751 viewsmoonie

Not at all surprising pikey

The left are never to name and are always right, it is the Right that is wrong,vile,evil etc every time .

The left ,to me, under this cretinous labour leader, simply resort to abuse or ba Hoo crap the likes of which we see at many demos against whatever the feck is fashionable

When wrong, they hide, cover behind skirts or simply lie.

The right ,mainly ,remain supine ,arrogant and insouciant

British politics ffs
Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 20:14 - Jul 24 with 1740 viewsdickythorpe

We will need answers here. The Carl Seargeant case is still deafening.

Totally agree that if a bloke had allegedly used the word "bender" there'd be far more uproar than a woman allegedly using "dyke" .

All in all what a mess, regardless of who's lying or not, and bloody fraud is a greedy crime and irks me how stupid people are to think they'll never get caught when on the take.

How can we have complete confidence anymore?
Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 20:14 - Jul 24 with 1739 viewspikeypaul

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 20:06 - Jul 24 by jack247

What does an office manager for an MP actually do? If she’s a glorified PA, that’s a monstrous salary for South Wales. If it’s a role that involves a lot more than the title implies, then fair enough.

I’d imagine it would be a harder and higher paid job to run a Tesco Express then an office?

Take no notice Jack he's just being a tw@t like normal and knew full well the response he would get by saying what he did.

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 20:24 - Jul 24 with 1732 viewsjack247

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 20:14 - Jul 24 by pikeypaul

Take no notice Jack he's just being a tw@t like normal and knew full well the response he would get by saying what he did.

I’m more interested in what they actually do. Seems a big salary for an office manager before the pay rise.
Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 20:30 - Jul 24 with 1721 viewspikeypaul

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 20:24 - Jul 24 by jack247

I’m more interested in what they actually do. Seems a big salary for an office manager before the pay rise.

Political gravy train.

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 21:08 - Jul 24 with 1702 viewsexiledclaseboy

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 20:06 - Jul 24 by jack247

Depends how well you want your office run and how close attention you want to pay to constituency matters, correspondence etc.

Poll: Tory leader

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 21:11 - Jul 24 with 1697 viewsjack247

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 21:08 - Jul 24 by exiledclaseboy

Depends how well you want your office run and how close attention you want to pay to constituency matters, correspondence etc.

Fair enough. Still seems an awful lot for what I imagine the job to entail. Must be way over the average salary for the area
Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 21:19 - Jul 24 with 1689 viewsexiledclaseboy

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 21:11 - Jul 24 by jack247

Fair enough. Still seems an awful lot for what I imagine the job to entail. Must be way over the average salary for the area

It’s a good wage no doubt, especially for this area. Well above the national average. It’s a responsible and high profile job though, if done properly. Often it is, often it isn’t in my experience. No idea whether this particular person was any good or not.

As an aside, Carolyn Harris got her foot on the Westminster ladder by being office manager for the previous Swansea East MP, Sian James. Like her politics or not, get snobby about the way she speaks if you want (not aimed at you, 247), but a “moron” she isn’t.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 21:20]

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 22:00 - Jul 24 with 1655 viewsswanforthemoney

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 21:19 - Jul 24 by exiledclaseboy

It’s a good wage no doubt, especially for this area. Well above the national average. It’s a responsible and high profile job though, if done properly. Often it is, often it isn’t in my experience. No idea whether this particular person was any good or not.

As an aside, Carolyn Harris got her foot on the Westminster ladder by being office manager for the previous Swansea East MP, Sian James. Like her politics or not, get snobby about the way she speaks if you want (not aimed at you, 247), but a “moron” she isn’t.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 21:20]

Running a small office in Brynhafryd hardly qualifies one to be an MP. Did she have any other experience as an elected politician? Genuine question.

I stand in the North Stand

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 22:05 - Jul 24 with 1650 viewsJack_Meoff

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 17:59 - Jul 24 by moonie

Not a comparison but a fact .

Point was / is, both parties have sent our military into battle notwithstanding the reason.

Plenty in Labour saw the Falklands simply as a means for Thatch to take the heat away from home politics .

God only knows why Blair sent em in

Because he was instructed to. Think British foreign policy has ever been about what the populace wants?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 22:18 - Jul 24 with 1641 viewsexiledclaseboy

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 22:00 - Jul 24 by swanforthemoney

Running a small office in Brynhafryd hardly qualifies one to be an MP. Did she have any other experience as an elected politician? Genuine question.

What does qualify someone to be an MP? I’d suggest that being at the heart of a constituency office for some time dealing with both constyand patliamentary matters before taking in that responsibility herself makes her probably more qualified than the career politician out of university/junior aide/special advisor/parachuted into a safe seat route that many if not most go through these days. No idea if she had prior elected experience. I doubt it.

I’m not claiming she’s an awesome MP or anything by the way. I just know she’s not a “moron”.

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 05:03 - Jul 25 with 1576 viewspikeypaul

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 22:05 - Jul 24 by Jack_Meoff

Because he was instructed to. Think British foreign policy has ever been about what the populace wants?

Yes by the Yanks costing 1000s of British lives and the war criminal still walks free.

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 05:12 - Jul 25 with 1575 viewspikeypaul

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 17:59 - Jul 24 by Dr_Winston

Should be obvious to any casual observer that Carolyn Harris is a complete moron, regardless of these goings on.

Not sure what's worse though. That Labour thought so little of Swansea East that they put her up for election, or that Swansea East lived down to their expectations and voted for her.

Labour knew full well if they put up Benny from Crossroads in Swansea East he would get in. They get and have got what they deserve.I would laugh if it was not so sad and such a terrible reflection of our City and it’s people.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 5:15]

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 06:00 - Jul 25 with 1561 viewsDyfnant

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 22:18 - Jul 24 by exiledclaseboy

What does qualify someone to be an MP? I’d suggest that being at the heart of a constituency office for some time dealing with both constyand patliamentary matters before taking in that responsibility herself makes her probably more qualified than the career politician out of university/junior aide/special advisor/parachuted into a safe seat route that many if not most go through these days. No idea if she had prior elected experience. I doubt it.

I’m not claiming she’s an awesome MP or anything by the way. I just know she’s not a “moron”.

I heard when she was elected, she thought she’d be attending the Assembly.
Been caught bullshitting a number of times in the witness box already, claimed £800 expenses for a lawn mower and she has no lawns ffs.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 09:19 - Jul 25 with 1511 viewsHighjack

Labour MP's office manager 'gave herself £2,000 pay rise' on 22:18 - Jul 24 by exiledclaseboy

Having had the misfortune of having to deal with her on occasion if she’s not a moron she must be a bloody good actress.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024