Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At least Jenkins got this right....... 10:55 - Jul 28 with 7129 viewsBrynmill_Jack

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/everton/perisic-replacing-

Looks like Gylfi has flopped once more. Maybe he'll realise now he's not as good as he thinks he is. I can't find the thread with all the hysteria on it , be nice if someone could.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 16:12 - Jul 28 with 1991 viewsTheResurrection

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 15:17 - Jul 28 by TheKirkyLife

Wasn't he played on the wing like at Spurs? I would have thought that was your major problem right there.

No he wasn't

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 16:20 - Jul 28 with 1976 viewsLeonWasGod

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 13:56 - Jul 28 by Phil_S

Spot on. Selling him was never the problem -the players we selected to replace him was.

And we need to stop talking about £45m too - try nearer £37m

Still a great player for us, one of the very best we have ever had.

Quite. Yet some people just can’t let it go. Quite sad really. He was a great player for us and that’s not debatable (trollable, but not debatable). He’s gone, we move on. In the wrong direction, but that’s a direction of our own making.
At least Jenkins got this right....... on 16:42 - Jul 28 with 1943 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Bryn never rated Siggy from day 1 mun .

Flopped once more ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 16:59 - Jul 28 with 1929 viewsBrynmill_Jack

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 16:42 - Jul 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Bryn never rated Siggy from day 1 mun .

Flopped once more ?

I did but saiid he was more free kicks than open play assists. Some people were raving like he was as good as Erikaen at spurs. Which he of course wasn't. Fair weather player on some days too.

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 17:02 - Jul 28 with 1914 viewsDrizzy

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 16:59 - Jul 28 by Brynmill_Jack

I did but saiid he was more free kicks than open play assists. Some people were raving like he was as good as Erikaen at spurs. Which he of course wasn't. Fair weather player on some days too.

Football fans in overrating their own player shocker.

Never understood the weird agenda against him. Even in the worst season of his career, he had as many goals as all of our "marquee" summer signings (Bony, Clucas, Sanches and Mesa) combined.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 17:07 - Jul 28 with 1902 viewsChief

I don't understand how anyone can seriously doubt his contribution to the Swans. Best player of our premier league era and up there with the best of any era.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 17:13 - Jul 28 with 1887 viewsthornabyswan

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 17:07 - Jul 28 by Chief

I don't understand how anyone can seriously doubt his contribution to the Swans. Best player of our premier league era and up there with the best of any era.

As soon as a player leaves us they are suddenly not that good..
You can see the little digs on the Mawson thread it's just the way fans like to convince themselves that we are not losing a quality player.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 17:19 - Jul 28 with 1875 viewsChief

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 17:13 - Jul 28 by thornabyswan

You can see the little digs on the Mawson thread it's just the way fans like to convince themselves that we are not losing a quality player.

Yea agreed. And in the case of Siggy, although it hasn't worked out for him at Everton, there is absolutely nothing to suggest he wouldn't have still performed for us had he stayed.

Login to get fewer ads

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 18:32 - Jul 28 with 1827 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 17:19 - Jul 28 by Chief

Yea agreed. And in the case of Siggy, although it hasn't worked out for him at Everton, there is absolutely nothing to suggest he wouldn't have still performed for us had he stayed.

He would have got us goals and created goals , that would have kept us up easy .

He wanted out

Who can blame him ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 18:52 - Jul 28 with 1803 viewsBrynmill_Jack

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 17:07 - Jul 28 by Chief

He made a big contribution I'm not saying he didn't. Don't I have the right to say "best free kick taker we've ever had" and "not so effective with assists in open play"?

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 19:06 - Jul 28 with 1784 viewsDippy

Sold Gylfi & Llorente
Bought 70 million replacements
Didn't manage them
Got relegated

Sell established top level performers.. Ayew, Fabianski.

Expecting some to follow them out the door.

Buy in expensive young gambles.

Hopefully we'll finish mid table and rebuild, because we won't go up with our current crop, unless we invest in a few players.

I won't mind finishing mid table

Poll: Cooper Out

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 19:25 - Jul 28 with 1758 viewsJango

Not true mate. Quite a few of us on here have said for a few seasons that in games where we had no set pieces and very little corners games could totally pass siggy by. That’s why he’s never been a top 6/7 player because I’m open play he’s just not at that level. Same with Alfie, I hope he stays but I just don’t think he’s anywhere near the standard he’s made out to be.. yet. No harm in having an opinion on past or present players on a forum.
At least Jenkins got this right....... on 19:40 - Jul 28 with 1739 viewsDippy

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 19:25 - Jul 28 by Jango

Not true mate. Quite a few of us on here have said for a few seasons that in games where we had no set pieces and very little corners games could totally pass siggy by. That’s why he’s never been a top 6/7 player because I’m open play he’s just not at that level. Same with Alfie, I hope he stays but I just don’t think he’s anywhere near the standard he’s made out to be.. yet. No harm in having an opinion on past or present players on a forum.

Bit like Montero..

If Montero & Siggy could maintain their form etc..

.................Fabianski.................
Rangel..Chico..Williams..Davies
................JDG......Britton.............
Hernandez....Gylfi.....Montero
....................Michu....................

Vorm
Taylor
Fernandez
Ki
Cork
Shelvey
Dyer
Bony

I wonder how this squad would've handled a season In the Prem all in their prime.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2018 19:43]

Poll: Cooper Out

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 20:00 - Jul 28 with 1700 viewsFlashberryjack

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 19:40 - Jul 28 by Dippy

Bit like Montero..

Vorm
Taylor
Fernandez
Ki
Cork
Shelvey
Dyer
Bony

I wonder how this squad would've handled a season In the Prem all in their prime.

Looking at that list makes me want to cry....especially when you think of the shower of sh*te we bought to replace them.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 20:18 - Jul 28 with 1686 viewsmoonie

Just as I was feeling better .

People have favourites or players they hate

Chris hated Gylfi , I m not keen on WR .

I know who contributed more
At least Jenkins got this right....... on 20:21 - Jul 28 with 1680 viewscrix

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 19:40 - Jul 28 by Dippy

Bit like Montero..

Vorm
Taylor
Fernandez
Ki
Cork
Shelvey
Dyer
Bony

i probably would of gone with allen instead of jdg but either way that list in their prime does make you wonder wtf happened to us the last few years
At least Jenkins got this right....... on 20:22 - Jul 28 with 1678 viewsjack2jack

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 13:41 - Jul 28 by LeonWasGod

Nah, we’re much better of without the useless tvvat. Look how much we’ve benefited from the free-flowing, fast-paced attacking football now he’s left.

Hopefully we’ll build on that and do even better and create and score even more this season. I know it’s hard to believe we could be even better. But without Siggy holding us back, is there any limit to the heights the Swans can soar too?

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 20:33 - Jul 28 with 1657 viewsomarjack

I'm astonished at those who are turning their nose at Siggy. He was arguably the best player in the history of Swansea. And we'll probably never see a similar talent wearing the shirt again.

Outstanding performer all around..a true leader in midfield and attack. And our relegation proved that he was invaluable to us.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 21:12 - Jul 28 with 1619 viewsicecoldjack

In fairness my digs at him have been going for a while . Has loads to improve on if he is to become what he thinks he is.
At least Jenkins got this right....... on 00:24 - Jul 29 with 1554 viewsChief

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 18:52 - Jul 28 by Brynmill_Jack

He made a big contribution I'm not saying he didn't. Don't I have the right to say "best free kick taker we've ever had" and "not so effective with assists in open play"?

Basically no, you don't.

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 01:28 - Jul 29 with 1533 viewsE20Jack

So people now realising what was being said all along.

A limited player, good at what he does. But you literally have to play a very limited style and build a team around him, which is not healthy or a good way to go for any club.

It was absolute robbery by us.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 07:06 - Jul 29 with 1485 viewsjackal

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 01:28 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

So people now realising what was being said all along.

A limited player, good at what he does. But you literally have to play a very limited style and build a team around him, which is not healthy or a good way to go for any club.

It was absolute robbery by us.

We were robbed in return. By the the clubs where we spent the money.
At least Jenkins got this right....... on 07:08 - Jul 29 with 1484 viewsjackal

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 14:38 - Jul 28 by TheResurrection

Wow, what an extraordinary shit post, even by your supremely low standards

Zero out of ten for recognising irony.
At least Jenkins got this right....... on 07:12 - Jul 29 with 1478 viewsE20Jack

At least Jenkins got this right....... on 07:06 - Jul 29 by jackal

We were robbed in return. By the the clubs where we spent the money.

That is and always has been another subject all together.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024