Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... 18:55 - Aug 10 with 17275 viewsraynor94

Tonight, according to Rob Phillips on BBC Wales news just now, should be interesting

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 21:29 - Aug 10 with 1763 viewsAl_Bundy

Just need to looks at DC Utd and the other failed sporting teams to tell us where our owners are taking us.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 21:30 - Aug 10 with 1761 viewsawayjack

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 21:10 - Aug 10 by Jack59

I want a club to support in years to come, but I would be very happy to see this club now crash, it would then rid itself of the vermin that otherwise will continue to feed off it.

I do not see this club as OUR club anymore, by whatever means the American scum has to be removed.

I don't want to see the club crash as it'll be stripped of every asset on the long way down. Sadly I do agree it may be the only way to get the greedy shareholders out of our club. The statement is well drafted but like every other lie over the past 3 years, I don't believe it has any substance. Just utter bullshit. Yanks out / Judas out at any cost.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 21:59 - Aug 10 with 1684 viewsstAteSwan

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:00 - Aug 10 by Shaky

Think the statement is actually remarkably candid and not at all the usual PR piece.

They are admitting Swansea is effectively back to square 1, which rougly tallies with my analysis.

The club's players are worth approximately the amount of debts owed. Sell all the players and you can repay the debt and be left with the club infrastructure, training facilities, etc, and the odd company car.

This is the reset button, in effect starting from scratch.

What was missing was laying the blame at the door of Jenkins. And that is where it squarely belongs, because he was the mastermind behind the financing strategy that accumulated most of the debt.

Also missing was any mention that they will inject any financing themselves. Disappointing but frankly understandable from their point of view given they have just lost £70 million.

There's not much more to say other than to hope Potter's men perform and that he recruits pure gold. Because there is no margin for error currently.

Candid? Yes. The question is, why is it when a statement as such is necessary that supporters are not notified immediately, along with an outline of the steps being taken to ensure it never happened again.

I'd be far more supportive if they had released this statement after we were relegated, and announced that Jenkins and Pearlman were being relieved of duties and an entirely new team would be brought in to run the club.

If you are going to hit the reset button, you need to let your supporters know well in advance, so they don't feel lied to whenever you sign what, 4 players in the entire transfer window while selling three times that amount.

Fact is: Graham Potter is according to the statement, essentially doing Huw Jenkins job. So what the bloody hell is Jenkins doing outside of collecting an outrageous weekly salary I am sure.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 22:10 - Aug 10 with 1661 viewsLeonWasGod

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:30 - Aug 10 by Shaky

Honestly Lisa, I drew up and posted a back of the envelope strategy some months ago, that by luck or design they seem to following.

Year 1 was to start off with £40 million in debt vs £47m I am forecasting currently. On field objective was to finish mid table and to look to recruit a good manager by the end of the year.

To me they are slightly behind on the financial objective but ahead on the playing side. As long as there is no danger of relegation I would be happy if the club can just get its act together.

I think that is not only realistic, but also essential for the future, because you need to off-load the high priced premier league wage bracket earners to bring costs into line for the long term.

If you drew up a plan from that strategy that saw us losing players in an uncontrolled manner with no time for reinforcements, leaving us with multiple wingers, 1 senior CB and 1 striker then you need sectioning!

Nobody argues with the general strategy, it’s the appalling way it’s being delivered that’s the problem.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 22:42 - Aug 10 with 1613 viewsharryhpalmer

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:48 - Aug 10 by londonlisa2001

I’ve already commented on the forecast and won’t do again.

And if you think that offloading Amat, as an example, saved more money than offloading just one of the wingers who are utterly surplus to requirements, you’re mad. We haven’t offloaded in a sensible way.

I know how it works. This is a bad, lazy job. The sort of job someone does when they have no real understanding of why a centre half and a winger are not completely interchangeable.

The sort of job someone does when they believe that giving a contract to a second ‘ambassador’ in a championship club makes more sense than playing staff. Having however many “commercial” staff negotiating a deal with a van hire company from Neath (absolutely no disrespect meant to them by the way) is essential.

It is what it is.

and they could have waiting until they got a loan replacement in before they let Amat go.

Spain's window shuts on 31st August FFS!!!

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 22:56 - Aug 10 with 1594 viewsjasper_T

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 22:42 - Aug 10 by harryhpalmer

and they could have waiting until they got a loan replacement in before they let Amat go.

Spain's window shuts on 31st August FFS!!!

Their season doesn't start for another week.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 23:06 - Aug 10 with 1578 viewsomarjack

Warra statement..now we can all cool off finally..

It turned out that all of our fears and worries regarding this window and this season..are actually true!

Thanks a lot doofus number 1 and 2.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 23:37 - Aug 10 with 1551 viewslonglostjack

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 19:51 - Aug 10 by Badlands

Not sure what people expected.
They have said it like it is.
Anyone remember our drop from Division 1?
Weak management failed to act until it was too late.

You on the books Badland?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 23:43 - Aug 10 with 1544 viewsbluenile

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:19 - Aug 10 by Shaky

Correction: Any money left after the debts have been settled.

And the debts are still significant. As things stand they have lost their shirts on this investment; trust me on this.

Trust you??

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 00:00 - Aug 11 with 1527 viewslonglostjack

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 21:59 - Aug 10 by stAteSwan

Candid? Yes. The question is, why is it when a statement as such is necessary that supporters are not notified immediately, along with an outline of the steps being taken to ensure it never happened again.

I'd be far more supportive if they had released this statement after we were relegated, and announced that Jenkins and Pearlman were being relieved of duties and an entirely new team would be brought in to run the club.

If you are going to hit the reset button, you need to let your supporters know well in advance, so they don't feel lied to whenever you sign what, 4 players in the entire transfer window while selling three times that amount.

Fact is: Graham Potter is according to the statement, essentially doing Huw Jenkins job. So what the bloody hell is Jenkins doing outside of collecting an outrageous weekly salary I am sure.

Can you believe a word of what they say? I wouldn’t.

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 00:45 - Aug 11 with 1491 viewsLoyal

If they wanted to save on costs why the fck is Routledge still here?
Its a genuine question.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 06:21 - Aug 11 with 1424 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The owners haven messed up, not a penny to be spent of their money, the idiot in charge football is still there on £600K, transfers in still mis managed, transfers outmis managed, Pearlman earning more than he brings in - we are not facing facts at board level.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 10:52]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 06:39 - Aug 11 with 1408 viewspeenemunde

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 19:00 - Aug 10 by Jackfath

Let's play bullshit bingo.

We must be patient...
We must protect the long term security of the club...
We ask the fans to support the team...

What is bullSh*t about that ?
Fans who think like you simply do not understand the economics.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 07:17 - Aug 11 with 1398 viewswaynekerr55

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 06:39 - Aug 11 by peenemunde

What is bullSh*t about that ?
Fans who think like you simply do not understand the economics.

Well someone who has access to the management accounts seems to imply that it's not the case.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 07:41 - Aug 11 with 1374 viewspeenemunde

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 07:17 - Aug 11 by waynekerr55

Well someone who has access to the management accounts seems to imply that it's not the case.

You don’t have to have access to accounts to realise that losing millions in revenue means you have to make cutbacks.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 07:46 - Aug 11 with 1376 viewsclloy2

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 19:51 - Aug 10 by Badlands

Not sure what people expected.
They have said it like it is.
Anyone remember our drop from Division 1?
Weak management failed to act until it was too late.

What people expected was to run the Football club on a proper footing.
One example. Leave everything in the transfer window to the last minute, they have form for this by the way.
my point- they had the opportunity earlier in the window to sell J Ayew to Fulham for 8m which they rejected, god knows why- that's a decent price. In the end they wait until the last day, when buyers know they have us in a corner AGAIN. What happens he goes out on loan, so technically still our player, and no fee in. If we had taken the money earlier, then Woods who I'd like to think was GP No1 target could have been bought for 6m. Leaving 2m and plenty of time to buy a replacement CB. Im also pretty sure if they had been decisive earlier in the window, they could have brought in the young striker from Man City, which after all he was tweeting Im on my way to Swansea. If those 3 deals had been done, then I'm sure the majority of us fans would have been content with the cost cutting. This is just another example of a club run by amateurs, where money comes first and football is secondary
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 07:57 - Aug 11 with 1354 viewsclloy2

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:23 - Aug 10 by Shaky

C'mon, they're the fcuking owners.

They are concerned with setting strategy, not dissecting the details of one particular transfer out of a fcuking hatful.

Cmon Shaky- you can't have it all ways. They can't be applauded for taking a financial scalpel to playing side, and leaving it blatantly under resourced, and at the same time keeping HJ in place on 600k a year, who go them into this mess in the first place. I mean some of the decisions last year (Bony and A. Ayew) were absolutely shocking.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 07:57 - Aug 11 with 1353 viewslonglostjack

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 07:46 - Aug 11 by clloy2

One example. Leave everything in the transfer window to the last minute, they have form for this by the way.
my point- they had the opportunity earlier in the window to sell J Ayew to Fulham for 8m which they rejected, god knows why- that's a decent price. In the end they wait until the last day, when buyers know they have us in a corner AGAIN. What happens he goes out on loan, so technically still our player, and no fee in. If we had taken the money earlier, then Woods who I'd like to think was GP No1 target could have been bought for 6m. Leaving 2m and plenty of time to buy a replacement CB. Im also pretty sure if they had been decisive earlier in the window, they could have brought in the young striker from Man City, which after all he was tweeting Im on my way to Swansea. If those 3 deals had been done, then I'm sure the majority of us fans would have been content with the cost cutting. This is just another example of a club run by amateurs, where money comes first and football is secondary

Exactly. Peenemunde is clueless.

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 08:04 - Aug 11 with 1332 viewspeenemunde

“God knows why” are your words.
So you admit you don’t know what goes on behind the scenes.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 08:05 - Aug 11 with 1339 viewsclloy2

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:59 - Aug 10 by Shaky

It is the nature of these things that they are disorderly though.

It is also a fact that it is often impossible to assess whether events are positive or negative without the benefit of considerable hindsight. Hopefully you will look back on this summer and consider them to have been ultimately positive in a year or two.

I get it now- it's like saying if they never employed Bob Bradley we would never have enjoyed that 5-4 victory over Palace.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 08:14 - Aug 11 with 1334 viewsclloy2

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 08:04 - Aug 11 by peenemunde

“God knows why” are your words.
So you admit you don’t know what goes on behind the scenes.

No I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but the two that do are paid over a million pounds a year by the club, and on that basis, I would expect them to make more good decisions than bad, or is that too much to ask.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 08:47 - Aug 11 with 1309 viewsdobjack2

The statement is just wrapping a turd in glitter. If you stop to think what is underneath the shiny stuff that catches your attention you can see the turd.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 09:54 - Aug 11 with 1255 viewsEasternJack

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:49 - Aug 10 by Shaky

Long time no see, EasternJack

Where you been at?

I’m always here. Just don’t post as much as I did last year - too much going on in the real world.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 10:28 - Aug 11 with 1222 viewsShaky

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 21:59 - Aug 10 by stAteSwan

I am sorry but this is hysterical nonsense.

It was already obvious to the football world at large that relegation meant Swansea would turn sellers of players in numbers.

And you are seriously arguing they should have issued an advance warning to supporters that they were going to try to flog 80% of the first team squad?

Prospective buyers would have seen you coming a mile off with a great big painted sign on you chest saying "rape me".

Get fcuking real.

I am open to the possibility that the transfer business could conceivably have happened in a more structured fashion and at better prices.

However, it is the nature of this sort of exercise that it involves a large degree of chaos with many moving parts. It is easy to find fault with perfect hindsight.

The fact is that Swansea have been sinking increasingly into the mire for the last 3 years or so, both on the field and off it financially. Relegation was a milestone, but the reality of that situation was not fully grasped by the fanbase at large until Thursday.

But at least the club is now near a point where it is possible to build constructively for the future. What matters is the trend and there are grounds to cautiously suppose that we are near the bottom in terms of Swansea's fortunes.

And the fact is that it can not be a real bottom unless there is genuine despair of the sort now widely in evidence.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 10:36 - Aug 11 with 1210 viewssg1912

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 07:41 - Aug 11 by peenemunde

You don’t have to have access to accounts to realise that losing millions in revenue means you have to make cutbacks.

When have we lost millions?
Even when we lost the sky money we were still pulling in millions of pounds in profit.

Our only losses come from corporate greed/mismanagement
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024