Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Early evaluation 00:34 - Aug 18 with 7913 viewsCroftyjack

So heres my early evaluation after 3 games.

Positives: Unbeaten with only 1 goal conceded, 2 clean sheets
Some of the u23s look like they could be useful and have desire.
Potter learning quickly about the squad and the league
The quality the teams we played is gash(luckily tonight and 2nd half Preston)

Negatives: 2nd half against Sheff utd and 1st half Preston we looked decent..the rest we looked poor.
The Squad looks thin and lacks quality.
We have not addressed last seasons issues..ie midfield and creativity.
Reluctant to use Naughton,Montero, Narsingh and Dyer could mean they be loaned off.
Lack of urgency with new additions with at least 4 really needed for the squad.
No leaders on the pitch..again what we missed last season.

So you can view it 2 ways..7 points from 9 with plenty of room for improvement or we are lucky so far and things could have been different in the 3 games and with 43 games left the squad could fizzle away.

I'm going to be optimistic and hope we get those 3 or 4 quality players and Potter will get the team really going!!
Early evaluation on 00:46 - Aug 18 with 5039 viewsDJack

A great post Crofty.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Early evaluation on 01:19 - Aug 18 with 4999 viewsswancity

Apart from one or two moments we were terrible tonight. It was a fortunate point.
Early season results can mask problems, are not indicative of what's to follow and until the League settles down after 10 games or so it doesn't mean too much.
You can see that the manager is trying to play a possession based game but really the quality isnt there to do it. A striker is essential. As is some central midfield quality as Birmingham controlled things tonight.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Early evaluation on 01:23 - Aug 18 with 4982 viewsjack_lord

Early evaluation on 01:19 - Aug 18 by swancity

Apart from one or two moments we were terrible tonight. It was a fortunate point.
Early season results can mask problems, are not indicative of what's to follow and until the League settles down after 10 games or so it doesn't mean too much.
You can see that the manager is trying to play a possession based game but really the quality isnt there to do it. A striker is essential. As is some central midfield quality as Birmingham controlled things tonight.

That's pretty much how I saw it tonight.
It was better second half but, Fer aside, the substitutions were a trifle bizarre.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Early evaluation on 01:33 - Aug 18 with 4967 viewsswan65split

Early evaluation on 01:19 - Aug 18 by swancity

They out weighed us in midfield/attack. eased us off the ball too easy.
give the kids credit for sticking at it, many would have folded
Early evaluation on 07:13 - Aug 18 with 4781 viewssainthelens

I've massive respect for our kids who are giving everything they have. But the harsh reality is the lack of poor quality finishing in the teams we've played is the reason we are unbeaten. Leeds will give us true reading of where we really are I think. But that's not to say that we maybe just 3/4 signings away from doing some damage this season. The fact that our kids and manager are crying out for assistance and none forthcoming makes my blood boil and our owners/Huw are a total fckn disgrace for letting this happen.
Early evaluation on 07:50 - Aug 18 with 4704 viewsJethroJack

Biggest positive....we were under the cosh for 90% of the game, but Connor & Joe more than coped brilliantly. Hats off YJB's!!!
Early evaluation on 08:07 - Aug 18 with 4655 viewsawayjack

Early evaluation on 07:13 - Aug 18 by sainthelens

I've massive respect for our kids who are giving everything they have. But the harsh reality is the lack of poor quality finishing in the teams we've played is the reason we are unbeaten. Leeds will give us true reading of where we really are I think. But that's not to say that we maybe just 3/4 signings away from doing some damage this season. The fact that our kids and manager are crying out for assistance and none forthcoming makes my blood boil and our owners/Huw are a total fckn disgrace for letting this happen.

Yup Potter working wonders despite Board shambles. I’m just waiting for the usual bullshit excuses as we only manage to get 1-2 loan players in and another 2-3 out.
Early evaluation on 08:34 - Aug 18 with 4568 viewsmagicdaps10

The positivity is reluctant on us getting 3 good/quality signings, 3 at least.

Ask yourself, do you have confidence in the board sanctioning these signings required?

I am not trying to bring confidence down but trying to bring a sense of reality to the situation.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Early evaluation on 08:39 - Aug 18 with 4546 viewsclloy2

Early evaluation on 08:34 - Aug 18 by magicdaps10

The positivity is reluctant on us getting 3 good/quality signings, 3 at least.

Ask yourself, do you have confidence in the board sanctioning these signings required?

I am not trying to bring confidence down but trying to bring a sense of reality to the situation.

Asset stripping being the No1 priority- there is NO chance of quality being signed. Its truly shocking what has happened to our club at the hands of the sell outs and Yanks
Early evaluation on 08:47 - Aug 18 with 4523 viewsmagicdaps10

Early evaluation on 08:39 - Aug 18 by clloy2

Asset stripping being the No1 priority- there is NO chance of quality being signed. Its truly shocking what has happened to our club at the hands of the sell outs and Yanks

Dont expect more than 2 signings and at the same time, I can see 4/5 leave before the end of the month.

Look at Cardiff and Villa last season, both done well in this league and got experienced free agents in at some point.

The free agent list after the window closed IF used correctly is a good asset at our disposal.

Spend some money you yank wa*ks.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Early evaluation on 09:07 - Aug 18 with 4463 viewsCatullus

Too many passes were too weak and didn't make their targets and we lost nearly all the 50/50's as Brum outmuscled us all over the pitch. If Brum could shoot, were any good, we'd hve gotten mullered.
I noticed our owners were there last night, I wonder if they'll be down here Tuesday? Or willthey be too scared to face the home crowd? I ask because (and despite 7 from 9) our weaknesses are there for all to see and things will only get tougher. When we play teams who are any good or even just on form we will leak goals and if results suffer then will the kids lose heart? We need some midfield muscle.
Say what you like about Warnock but he knows how to get out of this division and it always involves a hefty slice of muscle across the park.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Early evaluation on 09:09 - Aug 18 with 4454 viewsSgorioFruit

From what i have seen so far, Leeds are going to shred us to pieces infront of our own crowd in a few days time.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Early evaluation on 09:15 - Aug 18 with 4434 viewsAngelRangelQS

Far better start than I imagined. Players looking raw but they’re a new team full of youngsters.

My concern is that our fans don’t understand the long term project and end up destroying confidence at games. Anyone who thought/thinks we are getting promoted this year is living in dreamland. I fully expect us to drop away as the season progresses but that’s fine... this team needs experience and game time (as well as a couple of reinforcements, obviously)
Early evaluation on 09:37 - Aug 18 with 4377 viewssainthelens

Never mind the Busby babes....we have Potter's pups.

I'll get my coat.
Early evaluation on 09:37 - Aug 18 with 4371 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Early evaluation on 07:13 - Aug 18 by sainthelens

Will Leeds give us a "true reading"?
They look to be one of the best teams in the league and will be an absolute handful for any team.
So what you are saying is that to judge a Prem side you would compare them to Man C, rather than the middle table teams.
Early evaluation on 09:44 - Aug 18 with 4339 viewsAngelRangelQS

Early evaluation on 09:37 - Aug 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Will Leeds give us a "true reading"?
They look to be one of the best teams in the league and will be an absolute handful for any team.
So what you are saying is that to judge a Prem side you would compare them to Man C, rather than the middle table teams.

If you expect us to go straight back up like some of our fans remarkably still do then yes Leeds will give us an idea of where we are.

However if you think a respectable finish somewhere between the edges of the playoffs and mid table whilst giving our young side valuable experience is more realistic the last few games have shown that we have every chance of doing that.
Early evaluation on 09:47 - Aug 18 with 4320 viewsWarwickHunt

Early evaluation on 09:37 - Aug 18 by sainthelens

Never mind the Busby babes....we have Potter's pups.

I'll get my coat.

Potter’s pubescents.
Early evaluation on 09:49 - Aug 18 with 4306 viewsbuilthjack

The goalkeeper(s), and the present back 4, we can get away with. But we need a central defender in to cover. Naughton can cover at rb and left back if need be.
Midfield very poor last night, and for an hour against Preston, and for periods against Sheffield Utd.
Celina great at times, but his passing is woeful. Weak around the middle of the park. We need at least 2, probably 3 to come in.
Up front we have McBurnie. Never won a header all night last night. His positioning isn't anywhere near right. Ball control poor. A problem. A fit Bony would easily be first choice.
But we need another.
So if we are to be anywhere near the top 8, we need 4 or 5 in.
My fear is if we lose a couple, heads will go down, and we will stumble.
7 points out of 9 is fantastic. But each game could easily have gone the other way.

I do think Potter can do the job, but it will take time, and some money.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Early evaluation on 09:54 - Aug 18 with 4272 viewsMattG

On the quality of our passing, one possibility is that Brum deliberately left the grass a bit longer.

Someone mentioned on commentary about the pitch looking a bit sticky so wonder if it was that and the youngsters struggled to come to terms with it, particularly first half.
Early evaluation on 10:03 - Aug 18 with 4222 viewsE20Jack

Early evaluation on 09:44 - Aug 18 by AngelRangelQS

If you expect us to go straight back up like some of our fans remarkably still do then yes Leeds will give us an idea of where we are.

However if you think a respectable finish somewhere between the edges of the playoffs and mid table whilst giving our young side valuable experience is more realistic the last few games have shown that we have every chance of doing that.

If there was an award for poster of the month you would come a very close second to my good self.

Spot on.

Leeds are far more superior and streetwise than us, we may well get a result on the day but over the course of the season I would be shocked if we finish above them.

I hope expectations remain realistic, I say ‘remain’ loosely of course as I don’t think they have been thus far from what I have read. 3 seasons to challenge is what I said pre season and I am sticking with it. A respectable finish and much needed experience for our young side this year is just what the doctor ordered.

The negative murmurings after an away draw as St Andrews was a little bit f a shaking head moment though. Not that I should be shocked of course.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Early evaluation on 10:15 - Aug 18 with 4194 views34dfgdf54

Early evaluation on 10:03 - Aug 18 by E20Jack

If there was an award for poster of the month you would come a very close second to my good self.

Spot on.

Leeds are far more superior and streetwise than us, we may well get a result on the day but over the course of the season I would be shocked if we finish above them.

I hope expectations remain realistic, I say ‘remain’ loosely of course as I don’t think they have been thus far from what I have read. 3 seasons to challenge is what I said pre season and I am sticking with it. A respectable finish and much needed experience for our young side this year is just what the doctor ordered.

The negative murmurings after an away draw as St Andrews was a little bit f a shaking head moment though. Not that I should be shocked of course.

Agreed.

Top half would be a quality season. I don’t get the negativity over the point either, but the performance highlighted we need three players minimum, and sharpish.
Early evaluation on 10:25 - Aug 18 with 4139 viewsowainglyndwr

We really need 2 loan players with a bit of experience, even though the players done well the are a little light weight and got pushed off the ball easily at times.
I don't mean Carroll he just wasn't switched on at times.
Early evaluation on 10:41 - Aug 18 with 4090 viewsDrGonzo

How accepting we've become of our reality. Fair play to our plucky lads but we've been f*cked over to be in this position.
Early evaluation on 10:44 - Aug 18 with 4071 viewsAngelRangelQS

Early evaluation on 10:41 - Aug 18 by DrGonzo

How accepting we've become of our reality. Fair play to our plucky lads but we've been f*cked over to be in this position.

More signings need to happen but if we hadn’t sold all the players we did, our youngsters would barely have had a look in. VDH with Rodon alongside him or Bartley/Amat? I know what I’d prefer (still we do need a CB)
Early evaluation on 11:02 - Aug 18 with 4006 viewsE20Jack

Early evaluation on 10:41 - Aug 18 by DrGonzo

We have had 7 years in the PL and now sit 2nd in the Championship.

I think the majority of the football league would love to be screwed over if that’s what constitutes it.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024