Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't expect a Loan Striker. 15:06 - Aug 23 with 6232 viewsA_Fans_Dad

These comments from Potter suggest that the club are NOT looking for a loan Striker.
“I wouldn’t say a striker is something we are definitely looking to bring in — we don’t really work like that.

“It’s more about looking at the attributes of the player who is available and seeing whether they can supplement the group we have.

“We know we probably need to strengthen to support Oli, but we have got other options internally. Barrie (McKay), Joel (Asoro) and Bersant (Celina) can all play centrally if needed, while there are others who have not been involved so far this season.”

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 15:09 - Aug 23 with 4814 viewsFlashberryjack

If Potter's not looking to bring in another striker, it's because he expects Bony back sooner than was expected, or he's f*cking crazy.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 15:10 - Aug 23 with 4814 viewsCatullus

There's always Botti Biabi from the U23's. Most people seemed to believe we wouldn't be signing anyone anyway, if we bring one in, that's it. Seeing as Carter-Vickers looks likely to sign (according to WOL today that deal is close to done) it looks like that's business finished. Is this the downside to our good start, the owners and chairman think we are strong enough, or will say we are to avoid any more spending.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 15:12 - Aug 23 with 4790 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 15:10 - Aug 23 by Catullus

There's always Botti Biabi from the U23's. Most people seemed to believe we wouldn't be signing anyone anyway, if we bring one in, that's it. Seeing as Carter-Vickers looks likely to sign (according to WOL today that deal is close to done) it looks like that's business finished. Is this the downside to our good start, the owners and chairman think we are strong enough, or will say we are to avoid any more spending.

Biabi has not covered himself in glory with the U23s.
Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 15:14 - Aug 23 with 4777 viewsdobjack2

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 15:10 - Aug 23 by Catullus

we’ll be putting a few pence away every month for January loans.
Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 15:17 - Aug 23 with 4739 viewsBadlands

News of Bony I think is to get possible loan talks going - but if not he stays and performs for us knowing a move away will largely be dependent on his next 15 - 20 games.

Looking back Potter has rarely use lone strikers.

Rodgers played with two 10s with Sinclair and Borini terrorising defences - but they were quality beyond what we have.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 15:25 - Aug 23 with 4684 viewsMagic_Michu

Chatting to someone today who’s friends with someone high up within the club saying that the defender from Tottenham will indeed be the only signing.

It seems silly not to bring in a solid centre midfielder to cover Fer in my opinion.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 15:26 - Aug 23 with 4671 views34dfgdf54

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 15:25 - Aug 23 by Magic_Michu

Chatting to someone today who’s friends with someone high up within the club saying that the defender from Tottenham will indeed be the only signing.

It seems silly not to bring in a solid centre midfielder to cover Fer in my opinion.

Wouldn't surprise me if I'm being honest.

As I said earlier, completely mental not to reinfoce central midfield.
Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 15:27 - Aug 23 with 4666 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/who-ola-toivonen-insi
Login to get fewer ads

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 15:53 - Aug 23 with 4517 viewsjasper_T

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 15:12 - Aug 23 by A_Fans_Dad

Biabi has not covered himself in glory with the U23s.

He's real bad.
Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 16:03 - Aug 23 with 4448 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 15:53 - Aug 23 by jasper_T

He's real bad.

I didn't want to slate him too much as he did score 9 goals last season.
Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 16:42 - Aug 23 with 4218 viewsFireboy2

Well i can see us slipping down the league when we pick up injuries

But the yanks arent really that bothered are they

The fvcking w@nkers
Don't expect a Loan Player coming in ! on 17:27 - Aug 23 with 4029 viewssnork44

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 16:42 - Aug 23 by Fireboy2

Well i can see us slipping down the league when we pick up injuries

But the yanks arent really that bothered are they

The fvcking w@nkers

I corrected the title for you. Let's be honest the Americans are more interested in their new fat plaything at DC United than us. I don't expect anyone in, why should they sanction anymore expenditure, we are exceeding expectation, the manager has been lied to, but works with what he has and we can offload a couple of players as well! Result !!! In time they will get their dividends and then sell the club and walk away not giving a shit about Swansea City AFC . Corporate America is not very imaginative and usually takes the easiest way to get a favorable outcome for themselves.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 17:50 - Aug 23 with 3901 viewsSwan91

Well it worked putting Michu up front as a striker/false 9... maybe if you put someone like celina or someone else... they could do a decent job as a false 9. Luckily it seems under GP it is not just Strikers who are looking to get chances at goals... celina should have got 2 goals against leeds when he was in midfield...
Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 18:02 - Aug 23 with 3829 viewsLoyal

He is now stating we are not desperate for anyone.
BTW swan91 Michu always played that role.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 18:05 - Aug 23 with 3814 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 18:02 - Aug 23 by Loyal

We played some good football with 3 'wingers' on the pitch in the past.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 18:07 - Aug 23 with 3793 viewsJango

Not wise for a manager to state we are desperate for a player a week before the window closes.
Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 18:11 - Aug 23 with 3762 viewsFlashberryjack

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 18:07 - Aug 23 by Jango

Not wise for a manager to state we are desperate for a player a week before the window closes.

Fair comment.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 18:15 - Aug 23 with 3736 viewsOldjack

Hmm, i get a gut feeling Treacherous Huw has forced words into Potters mouth .I'll not be surprised if no one comes in ,it's all about cost cutting and making money for the 27
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 18:19]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 18:26 - Aug 23 with 3672 viewshobo

Madness and that's proof that they are treating this as a throwaway season and if we can avoid relegation, maybe push for promotion next year
Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 19:11 - Aug 23 with 3499 viewsOldjack

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 18:26 - Aug 23 by hobo

Madness and that's proof that they are treating this as a throwaway season and if we can avoid relegation, maybe push for promotion next year

is that with or without money off the 27 ? and you do realize our best players will be sold

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 19:11 - Aug 23 with 3500 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 15:17 - Aug 23 by Badlands

News of Bony I think is to get possible loan talks going - but if not he stays and performs for us knowing a move away will largely be dependent on his next 15 - 20 games.

Looking back Potter has rarely use lone strikers.

Rodgers played with two 10s with Sinclair and Borini terrorising defences - but they were quality beyond what we have.

Sinclair better than Mackay - judge him after 3 months. Sinclair was faster and one footed and he got lots of goals. I think Mackay has more to his game and once the goals start going in he'll be up there with SS on a pat.

Celina is a better player than Borini if you judge him by the way he controls games. He won't score as many but Borini was more of a striker than a AMF. Vice versa for Celina.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 21:38 - Aug 23 with 3180 viewsomarjack

I think we're not looking to bring in a new CF because Bony is likely to stay. His wages also are already too big and we won't be adding to that.

Plus, according to the board, others could step in if needed like Celina,Asoro and McKay.

I'm not defending this decision. But you don't always have to be monstrously tall and strongly built to be a good CF. Sergio Aguero is a prime example for that.

Imo it's a mistake not to bring in a new face. But if we're lucky enough, we could manage without if Bony stays and remains fit for half of the time at least.

What would be criminal is not bringing in a new CMF though, there is no sugar coating it, no half assed measures. It's absolutely a must do.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 21:53]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 21:52 - Aug 23 with 3121 viewstheloneranger

Bony back training today

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 21:54 - Aug 23 with 3102 viewsswan65split

Always remember Dougies comment about Torpey........Brill
Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 23:45 - Aug 23 with 2889 viewsLoyal

Don't expect a Loan Striker. on 18:26 - Aug 23 by hobo

Don't say that half the crowd will fck off until 2019 😭

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024