Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Asoro 22:24 - Sep 15 with 4544 viewsdickythorpe

Looks like he's put on some weight very quickly!!!

Not as fast as I thought he was either.
Asoro on 22:59 - Sep 15 with 3311 viewsDrGonzo

Everytime I see him play it's as if it's the first time he's ever seen a football.
Asoro on 23:07 - Sep 15 with 3271 viewsbermudajack

Asoro on 22:59 - Sep 15 by DrGonzo

Everytime I see him play it's as if it's the first time he's ever seen a football.

His head tells him “I can take this payer on” the reality is he can’t take on anything without losing possession... how he is better than Narsingh, Dyer or even James is beyond me...

Question.... will we ever see Narsingh, Bony, Dyer play again? Or does their Premier League contracts and win/goal/ appearance bonus payments prevent this due to us not having a pot to pizz in ???

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Asoro on 23:11 - Sep 15 with 3247 viewshobo

Turned 19 years of age a few months ago...
Asoro on 23:13 - Sep 15 with 3243 viewsjasper_T

I prefer seeing him at centre forward than out on the wing, just as Sunderland did. Better for the team to have him up against centrebacks, threatening to run in behind. At least makes space that way.

Put him against a fullback with or without support and he doesn't ever seem to get anywhere. Tracking back limited, too (but better than McKay for sure).
Asoro on 23:20 - Sep 15 with 3205 viewsicecoldjack

Asoro on 23:07 - Sep 15 by bermudajack

His head tells him “I can take this payer on” the reality is he can’t take on anything without losing possession... how he is better than Narsingh, Dyer or even James is beyond me...

Question.... will we ever see Narsingh, Bony, Dyer play again? Or does their Premier League contracts and win/goal/ appearance bonus payments prevent this due to us not having a pot to pizz in ???

Couldn't agree more. Even Barrow is a cut above than this guy, he just doesn't have the ability to beat a man, I'm hoping it's just a settling in process but I doubt it.

The other thing here is that very often a manager wants to stick to his own signings irrelevant of what other options he has, potter is rotating well enough not for this boy to be seen as a huge let down but the early signs arn't great, perhaps better playing up front perhaps ?
Asoro on 23:54 - Sep 15 with 3132 viewsploppy

He's lightweight, shows too much of the ball, doesn't have a trick to beat a man. Not impressed so far.
Asoro on 23:59 - Sep 15 with 3123 viewsMorfa_Same

Nowhere near good enough to be a first teamer yet.

But remember that he's still very young - three years younger than Connor Roberts I believe.
Asoro on 06:50 - Sep 16 with 2946 viewsangryjack

Asoro on 23:59 - Sep 15 by Morfa_Same

Nowhere near good enough to be a first teamer yet.

But remember that he's still very young - three years younger than Connor Roberts I believe.

Being young is no excuse for me if he 18 r 28 you can still see if you got basic ability and he hasn't got it.
Login to get fewer ads

Asoro on 08:19 - Sep 16 with 2849 viewsscruffyjack

Asoro on 06:50 - Sep 16 by angryjack

Being young is no excuse for me if he 18 r 28 you can still see if you got basic ability and he hasn't got it.

Spot on.
Asoro on 08:25 - Sep 16 with 2836 viewsjackal

Asoro on 23:54 - Sep 15 by ploppy

He's lightweight, shows too much of the ball, doesn't have a trick to beat a man. Not impressed so far.

Have to agree.

I can't understand how he's getting game time ahead of Dyer.
Asoro on 08:27 - Sep 16 with 2831 viewsMattG

It's his lack of trickery that I see as his biggest problem. Numerous times yesterday, he found himself down towards the corner, one-on-one with the Forest LB, and never looked like being able to create anything. He's got pace but needs to add something to his repertoire soon if he doesn't want to become Barrow 2.0

One question - why didn't we leave him up near halfway when Forest had a corner? There was one instance in the last 10 minutes or so yesterday where Pantilimon was almost on the halfway line himself with everyone else ahead of him. If we leave Asoro up there with his pace, the opposition has to leave at least one if not two defenders back to mark him.
Asoro on 08:44 - Sep 16 with 2791 viewsWhiterockin

"Question.... will we ever see Narsingh, Bony, Dyer play again? Or does their Premier League contracts and win/goal/ appearance bonus payments prevent this due to us not having a pot to pizz in ???"

This has been my opinion recently, as I could think of any other other reason why they have not been included. But this was blown out of the water when Dyer and Routledge were on the bench yesterday.
Asoro on 09:21 - Sep 16 with 2696 viewscostalotta

I think it’s a few things. One the players mentioned (dyer, routs, narsing, Bony) they have no future at the club, and secondly and perhaps tellingly, playing them will cost more in appearance money etc.
Asoro on 09:34 - Sep 16 with 2659 viewsLoyal

Asoro on 08:44 - Sep 16 by Whiterockin

"Question.... will we ever see Narsingh, Bony, Dyer play again? Or does their Premier League contracts and win/goal/ appearance bonus payments prevent this due to us not having a pot to pizz in ???"

This has been my opinion recently, as I could think of any other other reason why they have not been included. But this was blown out of the water when Dyer and Routledge were on the bench yesterday.

If it wasn't for the injuries at HT I've no doubt Dyer would have been on late in to the game to remind us that we have seen all his better days.

As for Routledge... I prefer Asora.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Asoro on 09:39 - Sep 16 with 2639 viewsomarjack

He scored 3 in 26 for Sunderland playing as a CF. That's all you need to know. He's fast as f*ck but so is Mo Farah..it doesn't mean he's a good footballer.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Asoro on 09:44 - Sep 16 with 2622 viewsItchySphincter

He’s going to be a fine player for us. Sees lots of the ball, takes up good positions. Just needs to find his feet. When he gets his confidence some of these comments will look a bit silly.

Imagine being in a team where you a training every day with three established wingers who can’t get a sniff in matchdays. Can’t be easy for the kid.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Asoro on 10:21 - Sep 16 with 2556 viewscmajack

Asoro on 08:44 - Sep 16 by Whiterockin

Was told this by someone working at the club yesterday at the game. Dyer, Routledge and narsingh are on such big win bonuses that we are unlikely to see them playing at all. As for asoro and even McKay the less said about them the better. 2 poor quality wide players.
Asoro on 10:33 - Sep 16 with 2526 viewsWhiterockin

Asoro on 10:21 - Sep 16 by cmajack

Was told this by someone working at the club yesterday at the game. Dyer, Routledge and narsingh are on such big win bonuses that we are unlikely to see them playing at all. As for asoro and even McKay the less said about them the better. 2 poor quality wide players.

So begs the question, why put them on the bench.
Asoro on 10:43 - Sep 16 with 2499 viewsangryjack

Asoro on 09:44 - Sep 16 by ItchySphincter

He’s going to be a fine player for us. Sees lots of the ball, takes up good positions. Just needs to find his feet. When he gets his confidence some of these comments will look a bit silly.

Imagine being in a team where you a training every day with three established wingers who can’t get a sniff in matchdays. Can’t be easy for the kid.

Lay off the glue makes your mind go funny.shows way too much of the ball making it easy for a full back to take it off him can't beat a man not good enough
Asoro on 10:54 - Sep 16 with 2468 viewslonglostjack

I still think I'd rather see him playing as a CF than out wide. As for Sunderland - they even managed to make Borini look bad.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Asoro on 12:07 - Sep 16 with 2370 viewsSkettyJack

Asoro on 10:33 - Sep 16 by Whiterockin

So begs the question, why put them on the bench.

If they are on the bench, chances are they will receive the win bonus as they are part of the matchday squad
Asoro on 12:45 - Sep 16 with 2306 viewsWhiterockin

Asoro on 12:07 - Sep 16 by SkettyJack

If they are on the bench, chances are they will receive the win bonus as they are part of the matchday squad

Exactly my point.
Asoro on 12:59 - Sep 16 with 2283 viewsMo_Wives

What's going on with his hair? Or is it a lid? seems to have a little handle at the back...I feel the need to lift it up, tap my fag ash in there and then pop it back down.

Anyway, good luck to the kid. It does put things into perspective when you remember he's only 19.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Asoro on 13:02 - Sep 16 with 2270 viewscmajack

Asoro on 12:45 - Sep 16 by Whiterockin

Exactly my point.

I agree, but perhaps they are trying to make it as difficult for those players as possible, but without risking them picking up their win bonuses. There's no explanation for bony to be in the dugout but he's been there the last few games.
Asoro on 13:08 - Sep 16 with 2260 viewsvalleyboy

Asoro on 23:11 - Sep 15 by hobo

Turned 19 years of age a few months ago...

So what??

Ampadu is only 17 and playing for Wales

Not only playing for Wales, but one of the star players in the games against Ireland

If you don’t know the basics of football at 19, you never will

Perhaps he’s picked the wrong sport and would have been better to have gone into athletics
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024